Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I dont understand why anybody is being critical of Mr.E's more than valid comments with regards Coutinho.

Paying £13m euros (11odd M in English) for a player in Coutinho who has proven nothing really' date=' completely untested at any real level, despite being this "star" has not been able to hold down a regular spot in Internazionale's side (who lets remember have lost tons of players, nearly all there better ones) is currently injured, and nobody can even envisage where he is going to play other than being a squad member.

Now tell me why is he mad to question the signing???

it is not a case of saying FSG/Rodgers cant win they can win with every signing if you can see the purpose it serves. Whilst people questioned Sturridge signing for example you can see the logic/the purpose I am not sure anybody can say hand on heart they can say the same regarding this one.

Dress it up anyway you like but it is a gamble, and a very expensive gamble. I hope he finally fulfills this "potential" if he joins but how long do you keep labelling a player as having "potential" he has made nigh on little impact at Internazionale for a guy with such "huge talent"

As I say I hope he is a rip=roaring success that is what we would all want, but it is more than a valid argument to have doubts.[/quote']

Just saying..

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

If your gonna shoot he has to score' date=' it's about the team getting a result not individual achievements. If we were a couple of goals up fair enough but at 2-1 we have to finish the game off. Shelvey may have squared his chance had Sturridge done so but why should he when he didn't get the square. This game should be out of sight and there's 1 goal in it. To many players playing for themselves[/quote']

Yeah, I agree with you. Just saying that in the circumstances I can see why he chose to shoot. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end, anyway.

Just saying..

What exactly are you saying....because as far as I can make out you are saying absolutely nothing.....

I am perfectly comfortable with that post of mine and all the points at the time are perfectly valid....

I am delighted that he has played so well since coming over.

So again what exactly is your point, because you haven't made one.

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool.

Not good enough really. Liverpool should be beating these small clubs by at least 5-6 goals, and keeping cleansheets. Standards should be much higher. Todays performance was ok to decent. Decent-great and great-fantastic requires cleansheets, giving the opposition no oppurtunites and scoring more than 3 in a match regularly.

Well done to Sturridge. Proving critics like me wrong at the moment.

Still shaky at the back are Liverpool, some top CB's would sort this out from Europe, maybe Alterweireld, Victor Ruiz and/or Wollscheid for £28m.

All 3 would be a bonus if Liverpool can do that, and shift Skrtel and Agger, and Liverpool will be set to easily finish in the top 3 next season.

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool.

Not good enough really. Liverpool should be beating these small clubs by at least 5-6 goals' date=' and keeping cleansheets.[/b'] Standards should be much higher. Todays performance was ok to decent. Decent-great and great-fantastic requires cleansheets, giving the opposition no oppurtunites and scoring more than 3 in a match regularly.

Well done to Sturridge. Proving critics like me wrong at the moment.

Still shaky at the back are Liverpool, some top CB's would sort this out from Europe, maybe Alterweireld, Victor Ruiz and/or Wollscheid for £28m.

All 3 would be a bonus if Liverpool can do that, and shift Skrtel and Agger, and Liverpool will be set to easily finish in the top 3 next season.

I may be playing Muttley here but I think getting the win of 3-1 was pretty good and in the end, the points are what matters. I don't think any teams in the Premiership or whatever it is called these days, should not be beating other sides in this league, no matter how average, by 5 or 6 goals.

I may be playing Muttley here but I think getting the win of 3-1 was pretty good and in the end' date=' the points are what matters. I don't think any teams in the Premiership or whatever it is called these days, should not be beating other sides in this league, no matter how average, by 5 or 6 goals.[/quote']

No Points doesnt make a huge impact at this stage of the season. 7th is pretty much confirmed once again.

90% Liverpool fans for the last 4-5 games have been hoping for the team to make an example of other teams and putting on good performances, scoring 5,6,7 goals per game.

+ Liverpool are of a much bigger stature then Fulham, and the margin of difference was huge on the pitch. I was certainly aniticipating 5 or 6 goals anyway.

No Points doesnt make a huge impact at this stage of the season. 7th is pretty much confirmed once again.

90% Liverpool fans for the last 4-5 games have been hoping for the team to make an example of other teams and putting on good performances' date=' scoring 5,6,7 goals per game.

+ Liverpool are of a much bigger stature then Fulham, and the margin of difference was huge on the pitch. I was certainly aniticipating 5 or 6 goals anyway.[/quote']

Surely 100% of fans hope for Liverpool to make example of other teams & put on good performances with 5,6,7 goals a game all season & not just for the last 4-5 games? Pretty silly comment really - & that's not even mentioning doing it without your best player by a mile.

& surely a club of your 'stature' should be higher than seventh? I think a club in 7th beating a club in 15th 3-1 away from home is a cracking result considering you went 1-0 down & the level of premier league clubs across the board is pretty high.

Anyway, old to see Sturridge bag the goals, as a Chelsea fan I still like him a lot & think he could be your answer to filling the Suarez void long term if there is to be one.

Surely 100% of fans hope for Liverpool to make example of other teams & put on good performances with 5' date='6,7 goals a game all season & not just for the last 4-5 games? Pretty silly comment really - & that's not even mentioning doing it without your best player by a mile.

& surely a club of your 'stature' should be higher than seventh? I think a club in 7th beating a club in 15th 3-1 away from home is a cracking result considering you went 1-0 down & the level of premier league clubs across the board is pretty high.

Anyway, old to see Sturridge bag the goals, as a Chelsea fan I still like him a lot & think he could be your answer to filling the Suarez void long term if there is to be one.[/quote']

Yh, in hindsight, smashing teams by 5,6 goals all season would have been great, but that wasnt possible, as Liverpool have very poor CB's and need changing ASAP!!

Suarez is arguably Liverpools best player, but when Lucas Leiva plays, he brings much more authoirty and confidence that Liverpool will leak much lesser goals.

Leiva imo is of much more importance then Suarez to Liverpool! Despite Suarez being the techinically best player at the club.

Of course a club the stature of Liverpool should be winning league titles, and they would have this or last season, had the idiot American owners not have rid of Benitez in 2010, being one of the last of the many stupid decisions they made.

To the Fulham game, liverpool should not have even conceded first, and beating Fulham by at least 3 goals is a minimum requirement.

I must also say, i have not always been the biggest fan of Sturridge, but he's been doing ok so far. He still needs a lot and lot of improvement yet.

Overall, next season Liverpool are expected to finish top 3 minimum, espeicially with the departures of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Everton bosses.

Liverpool and Arsenal have the most consistency going at the moment in the Top 7 ahead of next season!

Everyone looking forward to Liverpool strolling the league into a top 3 position next season?

Rodgers is becoming a top manager slowly, and stability breeds success.

He can become a great if Liverpool fans/directors remain laid back on his gradual progression of his team.

Although a couple CF's still required, Doumbia and Gameiro would be great in all honestly.

Wilfried Bony + one of the above 2 would be super, bring Carroll back, then Liverpool will have 5 top CF's, with a solid midfield.

The only thing needed to sort out after this is a marquee CB.

As i stated before, Wollscheid, Victor Ruiz or Alterweireld fits the bill.

If not, De Vrij, Eric Dier or Martins Indi.

^ Raiding the Eredivisee and Superliga is paramount, as both league's clubs sell very cheaply compared to Bundesliga or La Liga.

Although my preferation would be:

Ins - Wollscheid 8m, Victor Ruiz 6m, Alterweireld 9m,

Out - Agger 25m (Juventus/Monaco), Skrtel 18m (Zenit/Anzhi/Shakhter)

Net Spend on CB's: £20m:cool:

Everyone looking forward to Liverpool strolling the league into a top 3 position next season?

Rodgers is becoming a top manager slowly' date=' and stability breeds success.

He can become a great if Liverpool fans/directors remain laid back on his gradual progression of his team.

Although a couple CF's still required, Doumbia and Gameiro would be great in all honestly.

Wilfried Bony + one of the above 2 would be super, bring Carroll back, then Liverpool will have 5 top CF's, with a solid midfield.

The only thing needed to sort out after this is a marquee CB.

As i stated before, Wollscheid, Victor Ruiz or Alterweireld fits the bill.

If not, De Vrij, Eric Dier or Martins Indi.

^ Raiding the Eredivisee and Superliga is paramount, as both league's clubs sell very cheaply compared to Bundesliga or La Liga.

Although my preferation would be:

Ins - Wollscheid 8m, Victor Ruiz 6m, Alterweireld 9m,

Out - Agger 25m (Juventus/Monaco), Skrtel 18m (Zenit/Anzhi/Shakhter)

Net Spend on CB's: £20m:cool:[/quote']

i said funny before but no that's just silly now:cool:

Not a secret that Schalke will probably sell him this summer.

However' date=' IF true, I have to question him moving to Liverpool with no European football over Schalke with possible CL football. Which for me speaks against a transfer to Pool

Also,he's a big risk

Not a secret that Schalke will probably sell him this summer.

However' date=' IF true, I have to question him moving to Liverpool with no European football over Schalke with possible CL football. Which for me speaks against a transfer to Pool

Lets be honest, Liverpool are the biggest club on the planet.

Whereas, who are Schalke??

They sold Holtby for £1.5m.

A nothing club with no trophies in over 50 years mate.

Liverpool are expected to win league title, champions league titles and domestic cup titles every single season relentlessly.

Back on topic, If he was offered 90k wages at 21, ove the 20k wages he's on now, going to another Top 5 club but from a different country, and a league which is nearly on par with the league he is in currently, then there is no motive for him to stay right?

Could be the biggest major major transfer Liverpool have made since Heskey in 1999.

Lets be honest' date=' Liverpool are the biggest club on the planet.

Whereas, who are Schalke??

They sold Holtby for £1.5m.

A nothing club with no trophies in over 50 years mate.

Liverpool are expected to win league title, champions league titles and domestic cup titles every single season relentlessly.

Back on topic, If he was offered 90k wages at 21, ove the 20k wages he's on now, going to another Top 5 club but from a different country, and a league which is nearly on par with the league he is in currently, then there is no motive for him to stay right?

Could be the biggest major major transfer Liverpool have made[b'] since Heskey [/b]in 1999.

hahahahahahah der commander i love you :D all of your posts about liverpool make me laugh. btw how old are you?