Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

With Liverpool 400m in debt, the last thing they want is to panic in the TM, and purchase old has-beens who have very few years left in them.

At least with the 5 CB's i mentioned, you'd be getting at least 10-12 years of good continuity.

so go out and buy 2 unproven CBs who may fail in the EPL.

yeah great plan.

Bellamy was an older head, what a signing he was. need more like that. experienced heads to put the donkey work in. 12 months ago Lescott was in good form. He just needs a change of scenery to prove himself again. Im pretty sure a spot in Englands 2014 WC squad would be motivational enough, and LFC is the kind of club he could get back into contention....

plus he can play left back. 2 birds with one stone.

Milan Jovanovic

Doni

Bellamy

Joe Cole

Paul Konchesky

Sotiris Kyrgiakos

Robbie Keane ... and that's just a few lol

^^ This ^^

;2586548']so go out and buy 2 unproven CBs who may fail in the EPL.

yeah great plan.

Bellamy was an older head' date=' what a signing he was. need more like that. experienced heads to put the donkey work in. 12 months ago Lescott was in good form. He just needs a change of scenery to prove himself again. Im pretty sure a spot in Englands 2014 WC squad would be motivational enough, and LFC is the kind of club he could get back into contention....

plus he can play left back. 2 birds with one stone.[/quote']

^^ & this ^^

Mate' date=' i said Better + Experienced.

If i said just 'experienced' than i'd look like an idiot, but i didn't, and Lescott isn't good enough to join Liverpool.

He's too old, slow, and no the quality Livrpool want.

With Liverpool 400m in debt, the last thing they want is to panic in the TM, and purchase old has-beens who have very few years left in them.

At least with the 5 CB's i mentioned, you'd be getting at least 10-12 years of good continuity.;)[/quote']

Agger old? how so?

:confused:

I'm not sure if you're just deluded or if you're just the biggest troll to ever set foot on these forums ...

:rolleyes:

You're completely clueless about all things football related' date=' yet you think you know better then everyone, it's hilarious mate! [/center']

I would actually have Either of them instead of Lescott :P

Only because of how crappy Lescott is :eek:

I don't know why so many people are suggesting Eriksen. Coutinho has been outstanding in the AM role so why would we want to move him out to the wing? We've still got the same problem we've had for many years - we need an out and out winger.

Thats exactly what I've been thinking. At the moment, we dont need Eriksen. He's a good player but we already have Coutinho who has just been awesome lately in the AM position. I really do think we should get a goalscoring winger like Mertens or someone of that ilk. But a QUALITY CB has to be the priority for me. That is the difference between us finishing in the top 4.

Milan Jovanovic

Doni

Bellamy

Joe Cole

Paul Konchesky

Sotiris Kyrgiakos

Robbie Keane ... and that's just a few lol

^^ That right there' date=' is why Liverpool hasn't won won a league title in 21 years LOL :D:D

;2586548']so go out and buy 2 unproven CBs who may fail in the EPL.

yeah great plan.

Bellamy was an older head, what a signing he was. need more like that. experienced heads to put the donkey work in. 12 months ago Lescott was in good form. He just needs a change of scenery to prove himself again. Im pretty sure a spot in Englands 2014 WC squad would be motivational enough, and LFC is the kind of club he could get back into contention....

plus he can play left back. 2 birds with one stone.

1 - Mate, Liverpool might as well just sell all their best players if the management ever considered bringing in Lescott to replace Agger or Skrtel.

I've never lived in a time where Liverpool purchase rejects from their rivals, and hopefully never will.

2 - Unproven? You really have never seen Inigo or Indi play LOL. Feyenoord 3rd and Soceidad 4th, mainly because of these 2 martialing their back lines.

If you don't take any risks in life, you don't reap the rewards - and that in football is successes in relentless trophies including the league title which has eluded Liverpool for 21 years now.

3 - I don't see any Utd fan complaining that Zaha is unproven in the EPL. They get on with it, and stick with young guns and win relentless league titles.

Liverpool would be going backwards if they signed a player as crappy as Lescott.

P.S. Indi can play CB, LB CDM, Inigo Martinez can also fill into RB as well as his usual CB position!! 4 birds with 2 stones. ;)B)

Agger old? how so?

:confused:

I would actually have Either of them instead of Lescott :P

Only because of how crappy Lescott is :eek:

Aggers not old just yet' date=' but he's at his peak to sell to gain higher potential profits.

Agger >>> Lescott however.

Lescott is the worst English CB going, and if he makes the England 2014 side, contemplating that they actually scrape a win vs Poland to qualify, then Englands in for another drubbing by snubbing the likes of Eric Dier, Phil Jones, Sam Byram etc.B)

[/center']

Thats exactly what I've been thinking. At the moment' date=' we dont need Eriksen. He's a good player but we already have Coutinho who has just been awesome lately in the AM position. I really do think we should get a goalscoring winger like Mertens or someone of that ilk. But a QUALITY CB has to be the priority for me. That is the difference between us finishing in the top 4.[/quote']

i agree its a CB we need to get, but there just isnt any out there

defending is a dying art...back in the 90s top class CBs were ten a penny...Italy being well stocked...

i just cannot think who is quality enough to wear the red shirt.

the 2 at Atleti Madrid Godin & Miranda surely have seen their stock rise this season...

;2586584']i agree its a CB we need to get' date=' but there just isnt any out there

defending is a dying art...back in the 90s top class CBs were ten a penny...Italy being well stocked...

the 2 at Atleti Madrid Godin & Miranda surely have seen their stock rise this season...[/quote']

Garay, Rakytskiy, De Vrij maybe even Kouyate or Chiriches?

;2586584']i agree its a CB we need to get' date=' but there just isnt any out there

the 2 at Atleti Madrid Godin & Miranda surely have seen their stock rise this season...[/quote']

Garay' date=' Rakytskiy, De Vrij maybe even Kouyate or Chiriches?[/color']

Indi, Martinez, Wollscheid, Victor Ruiz, Garay, Papa, Matip, Van Dijk, Van Der Hoorn, Isimat Mirin, Ginter, De Vrij, Amat, Zouma, Marquinhos, Eric Dier, Yaya Banana etc etc.B)

JMH is just being pro-Barclays Prem and being highly inconsiderate of the VERY TOP CB's in Europe's elite.;)

^^ That right there' date=' is why Liverpool hasn't won won a league title in 21 years LOL :D:D

[b']OR PREHAPS ITS MANCHESTER UNTIED... OR BILLIONAIRE OWNERS?[/b]

1 - Mate, Liverpool might as well just sell all their best players if the management ever considered bringing in Lescott to replace Agger or Skrtel.

I've never lived in a time where Liverpool purchase rejects from their rivals, and hopefully never will.

I NEVER SAID REPLACING. I WANT ADDITIONS TO THE SQUAD...AGAIN BELLAMY WAS A 'REJECT' AT CITY...CLASS FOR US.

2 - Unproven? You really have never seen Inigo or Indi play LOL. Feyenoord 3rd and Soceidad 4th, mainly because of these 2 martialing their back lines.

OH GOD YEAH. HOLLAND. THE LEAGUE THAT MAKES KEZMAN & AFONSO ALVES LOOK LIKE WORLD CLASS STRIKERS. YOU CLEARLY ONLY WATCH THERE YOUTUBE BEST BITS. THE LEAGUE IS SHOCKING. ANYONE CAN LOOK DECENT THERE. VAN DER WIEL LOOKED A CLASS FULLBACK, NOW HE IS DISTINCTLY AVERAGE IN LIGUE 1!!!!! LA LIGA, ANOTHER JOKE LEAGUE....TAKE WAY THE TOP 4 CLUBS, THE STANDARD IS POOR.

If you don't take any risks in life, you don't reap the rewards - and that in football is successes in relentless trophies including the league title which has eluded Liverpool for 21 years now.

THIS IS LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB YOU MORON. YOU WANT TO TAKE 'RISKS'??

3 - I don't see any Utd fan complaining that Zaha is unproven in the EPL. They get on with it, and stick with young guns and win relentless league titles.

Liverpool would be going backwards if they signed a player as crappy as Lescott.

BECAUSE HE WILL BE A RESERVE..........WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OUR FIRST CHOICE DEFENDERS HERE

Agger >>> Lescott however.

Lescott is the worst English CB going, and if he makes the England 2014 side, contemplating that they actually scrape a win vs Poland to qualify, then Englands in for another drubbing by snubbing the likes of Eric Dier, Phil Jones, Sam Byram etc.B)

DIER & BYRAM...WHY ARE YOU OBSESSED WITH THESE TWO? THEY ARENT GOOD ENOUGH!

Garay' date=' Rakytskiy, De Vrij maybe even Kouyate or Chiriches?[/color']

De Vrij has just signed a new contract so thats not gonna happen now. I'd fancy Ogbonna, Sakho or someone like that. Heard good things about Kouyate but cant say i know much about him to be honest. We need an animal. We need a Skrtel of 2011/2012 :o I honestly believe if Agger and Skrtel were in the form they were in under Dalglish we would finish top 4, they were unbelievable that season and that was with Jay Spearing and Charlie Adam ahead of them.

Indi' date=' Martinez, Wollscheid, Victor Ruiz, Garay, Papa, Matip, Van Dijk, Van Der Hoorn, Isimat Mirin, Ginter, De Vrij, Amat, Zouma, Marquinhos, Eric Dier, Yaya Banana etc etc.B)

JMH is just being pro-Barclays Prem and being highly inconsiderate of the VERY TOP CB's in Europe's elite.;)[/quote']

Well he is right, you can really judge how good a CB is until they have played in England, as its the toughest league in the world. And you need strong CB's to do well.

Youngsters wont cut it for Liverpool atm. So Dier, Banana, Indi, Amat (RB anyways) will fail horribly

You need someone with a bit more experience and strength for Garay or Chiriches could do well. but Chiriches hasnt been exposed to much competition.

Anyother might be Lombaerts or Alderweireld? more likely to succeed

Indi' date=' Martinez, Wollscheid, Victor Ruiz, Garay, Papa, Matip, Van Dijk, Van Der Hoorn, Isimat Mirin, Ginter, De Vrij, Amat, Zouma, Marquinhos, Eric Dier, Yaya Banana etc etc.B)

JMH is just being pro-Barclays Prem and being highly inconsiderate of the VERY TOP CB's in Europe's elite.;)[/quote']

if i had the time and effort i could tear this list apart on why they are not good enough......

all inexperienced, unproven and simply not good enough.

as Mr E says also. we need a beast. a unit. not a small child under the age of 21.

sadly it may well turn out to be Ashley Williams

your knowledge is comprised of what you read on SM forums , youtube highlights..,...and the sun newspaper....extremely poor.

De Vrij has just signed a new contract so thats not gonna happen now. I'd fancy Ogbonna' date=' Sakho or someone like that. Heard good things about Kouyate but cant say i know much about him to be honest. We need an animal. We need a Skrtel of 2011/2012 :o I honestly believe if Agger and Skrtel were in the form they were in under Dalglish we would finish top 4, they were unbelievable that season and that was with Jay Spearing and Charlie Adam ahead of them.[/quote']

Kouyate has been average this season, but last season he was top class. very big and strong. But he would have to be rotated at first imo.

Lombaerts, Alderweireld or Garay are my options :)

Kouyate has been average this season' date=' but last season he was top class. very big and strong. But he would have to be rotated at first imo.

Lombaerts, Alderweireld or Garay are my options :)[/color']

I wouldnt mind seeing either of these 3, preferably Alderweireld. I just hope it isnt Ashley Williams. Overpriced, getting on and plays in the LCB role which Agger currently plays so he would find it more difficult on the right side of the CBs.

Well he is right' date=' you can really judge how good a CB is until they have played in England, as its the toughest league in the world. And you need strong CB's to do well.[/font']

Youngsters wont cut it for Liverpool atm. So Dier, Banana, Indi, Amat (RB anyways) will fail horribly

You need someone with a bit more experience and strength for Garay or Chiriches could do well. but Chiriches hasnt been exposed to much competition.

Anyother might be Lombaerts or Alderweireld? more likely to succeed

Maybe so, but i could guarentee my bottom dollar, that Indi and Martinez would succeed easily at Liverpool.

Liverpool don't want any CB's over 24/25, unless it's a Thiago Silva tbh.

Liverpool have enough 'experience' with Johnson, Reina and Leiva at the back.

They need pace, someone young, who has the potential to be better then Mats Hummels and Thiago Silva.

I would cry if Liverpool ever purchased Wollscheid i.e. the modern day Hyypia. Imagine Hyypia selling Wollscheid on the cheap for 5m to Liverpool!! I would be very pleased!!B)

Bundesliga, Eredivisee and Ligue 1 are all much more physicial league's then the Barclays Prem mate.

The Barclays Prem has become a sissy league in the past 3 years. It virtually a non-contact sport these days with divers like Young, Bale, Nani, Wilshere etc.

All the best CBs on the planet play in Bundesliga,Eredivisee, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

You get the odd Bob of a defender who's great in the Barclays prem, thats about it really.

The quality in defenders has deteriorated in the BPL over the past 4 years since Liverpools downfall.

Not anymore with their upheavel now!!

;2586613']if i had the time and effort i could tear this list apart on why they are not good enough......

all inexperienced' date=' unproven and simply not good enough.

as Mr E says also. we need a beast. a unit. not a small child under the age of 21.

your knowledge is comprised of what you read on SM forums , youtube highlights..,...and the sun newspaper....extremely poor.[/quote']

Matteee, I watch Barclays Prem, Bundesliga, Eredivisee and La Liga relentless every weekend, some live games and all highlight shows.

Indi is a small child?? Martinez?? Lol both are 6"3 tanks mate. They destroy nearly everything in their paths similar to Hummels, Dante, Subotic and Thiago Silva!!!!

If i had 100m, i'd definiately purchase Hummels and Subotic over any CB on the planet for 50m each tbh, if we needed pure tankhousers with major experiences.B)

Kouyate has been average this season' date=' but last season he was top class. very big and strong. But he would have to be rotated at first imo.

Lombaerts, Alderweireld or Garay are my options :)[/color']

I like all the last 3... but how much would Garay cost? :o

Maybe so' date=' but i could guarentee my bottom dollar, that Indi and Martinez would succeed easily at Liverpool.

Liverpool don't want any CB's over 24/25, unless it's a Thiago Silva tbh.

Liverpool have enough 'experience' with Johnson, Reina and Leiva at the back.

They need pace, someone young, who has the potential to be better then Mats Hummels and Thiago Silva.

I would cry if Liverpool ever purchased Wollscheid i.e. the modern day Hyypia. Imagine Hyypia selling Wollscheid on the cheap for 5m to Liverpool!! I would be very pleased!!B)

Bundesliga, Eredivisee and Ligue 1 are all much more physicial league's then the Barclays Prem mate.

The Barclays Prem has become a sissy league in the past 3 years. It virtually a non-contact sport these days with divers like Young, Bale, Nani, Wilshere etc.

All the best CBs on the planet play in Bundesliga,Eredivisee, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

You get the odd Bob of a defender who's great in the Barclays prem, thats about it really.

The quality in defenders has deteriorated in the BPL over the past 4 years since Liverpools downfall.

Not anymore with their upheavel now!!

Matteee, I watch Barclays Prem, Bundesliga, Eredivisee and La Liga relentless every weekend, some live games and all highlight shows.

Indi is a small child?? Martinez?? Lol both are 6"3 tanks mate. They destroy nearly everything in their paths similar to Hummels, Dante, Subotic and Thiago Silva!!!!

If i had 100m, i'd definiately purchase Hummels and Subotic over any CB on the planet for 50m each tbh, if we needed pure tankhousers with major experiences.B)[/quote']

LOL no, did liverpool tell you they dont want any defenders over 24?

Im about 99% sure of the oposite, they want CB over 25, they have enough youth CB's and need a STARTER in that position, someone who is peaking now. ie 26 to 30

Inigo and Indi wouldnt start ahead of Agger or Skrtel, and therefor a waste of there no existent money.

I like all the last 3... but how much would Garay cost? :o

Loads' date=' im not even sure if he would want to move to Liverpool. has a better chance of Euro at Benfica. and Southern American players dont play all that well in Eng, he would prefer a move to Spain i think.

Id say around the £20M mark depending on contract.

Lombaerts I think you guys could get for a bargain, I think he has even stated he wants a move.[/color']

LOL no' date=' did liverpool tell you they dont want any defenders over 24?[/color']

Im about 99% sure of the oposite, they want CB over 25, they have enough youth CB's and need a STARTER in that position, someone who is peaking now. ie 26 to 30

Inigo and Indi wouldnt start ahead of Agger or Skrtel, and therefor a waste of there no existent money.

Jumping the gun there mate. Liverpool have changed their policies in the 2010's decade, and aim to purchase young hungry talents and give them opportunites.

The only 2 25-30 yr olds i'd consider if(/when:D) I was Liverpool gaffa, it'd be Andrea Rannochia or Garay.

There's no other decent top quality CB out there between 25-30, to join the calibre of giants Liverpool.

Loads' date=' im not even sure if he would want to move to Liverpool. has a better chance of Euro at Benfica. and Southern American players dont play all that well in Eng, he would prefer a move to Spain i think.[/color']

Id say around the £20M mark depending on contract.

Lombaerts I think you guys could get for a bargain, I think he has even stated he wants a move.

Rannochia = 6m

Garay = 14-16m

where as:

Inigo Martinez = 7m

Indi = 6.5m

Wollscheid = 5-8m

Victor Ruiz = 8m

etc etc;)B)

I'm not sure if you're just deluded or if you're just the biggest troll to ever set foot on these forums ...
:rolleyes:

You're completely clueless about all things football related' date=' yet you think you know better then everyone, it's hilarious mate! [/center']

I already got that guy on ignore now and still have to read his drivel cuz you always quote him :mad:

Not being funny but seriously chill out you lot. Your starting to sound like Arsenal fans now with the OTT reaction.

He has just as much right to post as anybody else' date=' that is what democracy is about. You might not agree with him but if you dont want to hear more of his ramblings why do you consistantly engage in converstaion??

Just ignore his ramblings, personally I dont mind them fair enough most of the time he is talking rubbish but at least he brings a certain entertainment value with him and dont just post boring rubbish all the time.

What is it with certain members that you have to resort to calling him names or whatever, at the end of the day they are opinions and anybody with an ounce of intelligence will be able to tell which if any of his posts have a semblence of truth.

I should add this is not picking on you two you were just the two closest posts to where I was reading and therefore easiest to quote. :P

;2586531']im actually embarrassed he is a 'fan' of LFC with those awful opinions..

As stated earlier I think anybody with a decentl evel of Intelligence will be able to work out that his views are not exactly reflective of Liverpool fans on the whole :)

Jumping the gun there mate. Liverpool have changed their policies in the 2010's decade' date=' and aim to purchase young hungry talents and give them opportunites.

The only 2 25-30 yr olds i'd consider if(/when:D) I was Liverpool gaffa, it'd be Andrea Rannochia or Garay.

There's no other decent top quality CB out there between 25-30, to join the calibre of giants Liverpool.

Rannochia = 6m

Garay = 14-16m

where as:

Inigo Martinez = 7m

Indi = 6.5m

Wollscheid = 5-8m

Victor Ruiz = 8m

etc etc;)B)

[/center']

This is all wrong, even you valuations. That god your not gaffer or Liverpool.

They need experience and the manager knows this.

They arent going to sign a CB under 24 and make him starter. And no club in England will.

Ranocchia has been shocking this season, why would you want him?