Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I cannot decided on whether dastardly has a never ending supply of vodka or he is just a complete twit. Funny how he talks as if he's been told this stuff by people from within the club. Where does this bloke get his evaluations from lol. Ranocchia for 6m, Lamela for 14m, Bijev for 3m:rolleyes: At the end of the day, Ray is right though, he is entitled to blabber on as much as he likes as long as he doesn't break any rules. Having said that, there are rules against trolling:p

Lescott might be a realistic option to buy and he could turn out to be a bargain aswell. Like JMH said,he could cover 2 positions, he may come cheap with the situation around City and he certainly already proven in PL,unlike some names throwing around. I'd like younger names but i prefer young players with loads of experience like Sakho to come

more comedy gold here

Indi is a small child?? Martinez?? Lol both are 6"3 tanks mate.

Inigo Martinez is 5ft 11.........

Martins Indi is 6.1ft...

both listed as weighing under 80kg. which is under 12.5 stone. so hardly tanks.

back to reality, seeing a report linking us with a move for Danny Rose.

more realistic buy, done very well for Sunderland this season according to my old man who is an avid Mackem, can play left back and left wing plus fits the 'transfer profile' of young and British....

;2587038']more comedy gold here

Inigo Martinez is 5ft 11.........

Martins Indi is 6.1ft...

both listed as weighing under 80kg. which is 12stone. so hardly tanks.

back to reality' date=' seeing a report linking us with a move for Danny Rose.

more realistic buy, done very well for Sunderland this season according to my old man who is an avid Mackem, can play left back and left wing plus fits the 'transfer profile' of young and British....[/quote']

Do you think Ilori will get game time next season?

Looks like he is destined for Liverpool

Lescott's a very good shout experienced and imo a very good defender' date=' some media we're reporting he could be available for around £4M a few months ago.[/quote']

He is an accident waiting to happen (always makes huge mistakes, and own goals). And his face proves my point

:P

He is an accident waiting to happen (always makes huge mistakes' date=' and own goals). And his face proves my point

:P[/color']

Yes, his presence in the best defence in the league by some distance last season is testament to your statement :rolleyes: Nastasic has impressed over him this season, but City's defence was the best in the league again, with Lescott a part of it.

He'd be an outstanding signing at the price mentioned.

Yes' date=' his presence in the best defence in the league by some distance last season is testament to your statement :rolleyes: Nastasic has impressed over him this season, but City's defence was the best in the league again, with Lescott a part of it.

He'd be an outstanding signing at the price mentioned.[/quote']

I disagree, it might when ever I watch City he plays like a donkey. But he always sticks out like a sore thumb in that defence.

I disagree' date=' it might when ever I watch City he plays like a donkey. But he always sticks out like a sore thumb in that defence.[/color']

You clearly don't watch him very often. He clearly isn't given enough chances this season but last season he's proved that he's still very capable defender. What important is, i prefer Lescott rather than Ashley Williams

You clearly don't watch him very often. He clearly isn't given enough chances this season but last season he's proved that he's still very capable defender. What important is' date=' i prefer Lescott rather than Ashley Williams[/quote']

I personally think Lescott's much better than Williams and at 1/3 the price, it's an easy decision. I bet Brendan would go for his old player though...

We won't sign Williams or Lescott. There is no way Lescott would come anyway.

On what basis??

He aint first choice at City anymore, he aint a spring chicken who can bide his time and he needs to be playing regular if he is to have a shot at making the World Cup squad (providing we make it).

I cant see many teams bigger than Liverpool making a move for him either.

I aint sure I personally would want him as I have never been the biggest fan but he is a hell of a lot better and realistic shout than some.

His wages could be a problem though I cant imagine he is "slumming it" in that department and I dont think he would justify a massive outlay on wages.

On what basis??

He aint first choice at City anymore' date=' he aint a spring chicken who can bide his time and he needs to be playing regular if he is to have a shot at making the World Cup squad (providing we make it).

I aint sure I personally would want him as I have never been the biggest fan but he is a hell of a lot better and realistic shout than some.

His wages could be a problem though I cant imagine he is "slumming it" in that department and I dont think he would justify a massive outlay on wages.[/quote']

Would you join a team were 40,000+ people sing about your appearance every time you play at Anfield?

On what basis??

He aint first choice at City anymore' date=' he aint a spring chicken who can bide his time and he needs to be playing regular if he is to have a shot at making the World Cup squad (providing we make it).

His wages could be a problem though I cant imagine he is "slumming it" in that department and I dont think he would justify a massive outlay on wages.[/quote']

If he wanted wages I'm sure City would be happy to keep him as a very good back up. He wants to play football as he wants to play for England and I think he's smart enough to realise that that will probably entail a pay cut wherever he moves.

Would you join a team were 40' date='000+ people sing about your appearance every time you play at Anfield?[/quote']

Do you really think that would be an issue?? I dont and by joining us he will never have to endure those chants at Anfield again (well at least from the home fans)

If he wanted wages I'm sure City would be happy to keep him as a very good back up. He wants to play football as he wants to play for England and I think he's smart enough to realise that that will probably entail a pay cut wherever he moves.

Basically what I said he will want the move if he is to keep his World Cup dream alive and the CB position is very much up for grabs with England.. If he comes here he will most likely have to take a pay cut. I dont know what he is on at City but considering you paid 24m odd for him I would imagine it is a fair whack and he would have to lower his demands.

Do you really think that would be an issue?? I dont and by joining us he will never have to endure those chants at Anfield again (well at least from the home fans)

Yer I do tbh. I'd only really want him here if he was rotated with a younger centre back as well, which I doubt he'd be willing to do.

Yer I do tbh. I'd only really want him here if he was rotated with a younger centre back as well' date=' which I doubt he'd be willing to do.[/quote']

Well we have been linked with plenty of CB'S nearly every name under the son. I think and believe that we need two CB'S this summer and is by far IMO the priority for any funding.

Losing Carra is almost impossible to replace not just his fantastic defensive skills but his Leadership and Organisational skills. Agger is decent but he aint a leader and I dont belive we have a defender at the club who will "marshall the troops" at present.

We need somebody experienced and more importantly at the required level to do the job immediatly and I agree we can marry that with a signing of a Younger CB with potential.

Carra has gone :( Coates most probably will go and Skrtel's future is still an issue so huge upheaval at the back could happen in one of the most vital areas of the side. Getting these signings right is probably as important as any signing Rodgers has made so far.