• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

The funniest thing I've read in a loooooong while (about Babel refusing to pay 20$ for a taxi drive).:D

apparently he didnt want to pay to watch the europa game so he watched it on an online stream like most of us!

I think in doing this' date=' he could actually gain control of Liverpool on the cheap so to speak, just means more money for transfers :D[/quote']

pretty much correct - g&h have around £120m or so in guarantees so he can bend them over quite easily when calling in the loan with regards to the debts to the cayman companies

and of course it means hicks and gillett get screwed, which wouldnt be a bad thing (and this huang bloke i believe owns or did own a share in the cleveland cavaliers basketball team)

Right, so if there's six/seven bids on the table, one of which has got to be the right man to take Liverpool forward, there's got to be an outstanding bid, or bidder who could invest heavily in both a new stadium and the squad, Im not saying there is, but there must be, 6 people aren't going to put a bid in if they can't do what the club and fans want.

So who are the bidders... names that come to mind that could be possible bidders are, Sheikh Khalifa and Yayah Kirdi and then Kenny Huang, what do you guys think? I just hope that we get the right man, and hopefully before the end of the window...

anyone else think our pre season might leave us a bit under prepared?

I know we have the europa league qualifying and the international for our players to have some game time. But it seems our pre season has been totally off the pitch.

It seems that way every season, as Liverpool dont host a tournament/enter a tournament/go on tours etc.

Arsenal have the Emirates Cup, which is broadcast live on TV. Man Utd have had the USA tour, which has lots of coverage. Liverpool and Chelsea have been rather quiet on the pre-season front, from the top of my head I can remember them playing Borussia Moenchengladbach and Grasshoppers, alongside the two legs against Dr. Robotnik, but every season Liverpool seem quiet in pre-season in comparison to other teams, but always come out in good shape. Hopefully they can hit the ground running, as it's a difficult first run of games in the season, could have done without Arsenal first, I can see Arshavin and Chamakh having a field day :(

It seems that way every season' date=' as Liverpool dont host a tournament/enter a tournament/go on tours etc.

Arsenal have the Emirates Cup, which is broadcast live on TV. Man Utd have had the USA tour, which has lots of coverage. Liverpool and Chelsea have been rather quiet on the pre-season front, from the top of my head I can remember them playing Borussia Moenchengladbach and Grasshoppers, alongside the two legs against Dr. Robotnik, but every season Liverpool seem quiet in pre-season in comparison to other teams, but always come out in good shape. Hopefully they can hit the ground running, as it's a difficult first run of games in the season, could have done without Arsenal first, I can see Arshavin and Chamakh having a field day :(

is that supposed to be a joke?

No' date=' you tend to start seasons very well. You just fail after Christmas :)[/quote']

November in particular tends to be our bogey month in recent seasons, although Jan/Feb isn't too kind either.

Not looking forward to the season opener at all to be honest as Arsenal invariably get off to a flyer. Still remember the mauling they gave our good neighbours last season at Goodison in the opening fixture. Let's hope we can do a bit better :)

November in particular tends to be our bogey month in recent seasons' date=' although Jan/Feb isn't too kind either.

Not looking forward to the season opener at all to be honest as Arsenal invariably get off to a flyer. Still remember the mauling they gave our good neighbours last season at Goodison in the opening fixture. Let's hope we can do a bit better :)[/quote']

the christmas period is always our worst, mainly because of the fact we dont have enough quality players.

November in particular tends to be our bogey month in recent seasons' date=' although Jan/Feb isn't too kind either.

Not looking forward to the season opener at all to be honest as Arsenal invariably get off to a flyer. Still remember the mauling they gave our good neighbours last season at Goodison in the opening fixture. Let's hope we can do a bit better :)[/quote']

I am never really confident of us ever playing Arsenal. However this season I have been swinging between confident we can beat them and fearing the worst.

at the moment I think it is winable for us, if Torres gets fit enough to play.

apparently there was a board meeting today and quite a few outlets reporting that the PL have been contacted about a takeover' date=' looking good at the moment[/quote']

Its on the BBC website as well, saying the Prem league have been contected but a deal isn't anywhere nesr completion yet, however just the fact they have been informed with the new fit and proper rules from this season means there's been considerable progress somewhere along the line

I am never really confident of us ever playing Arsenal. However this season I have been swinging between confident we can beat them and fearing the worst.

at the moment I think it is winable for us' date=' if Torres gets fit enough to play.[/quote']

torres wont be fit enough to plays, wont recover from groin problem in time

not really. The ammount of points he has cost us way more' date=' to make profit we would need to sell him for atleast £40million.[/quote']

and what points has he cost us? as far as i can remember, he was only sent of against fulham, and he hardly played a match before that, for saying we got him on a free transfer and are selling him for 1.5m£, it is a profit.

and what points has he cost us? as far as i can remember' date=' he was only sent of against fulham, and he hardly played a match before that, for saying we got him on a free transfer and are selling him for 1.5m£, it is a profit.[/quote']

as the guy was completely clueless (maybe just a little bit less then your good self) he cost us every time he was on our pitch, not to mention how by training with him our best players have suffered.

He is the absaloute worst player I have ever seen make it as a pro player and was shocking every game he ever played.

Whatever profit we make from Degen (transfer fee wise) we're apparently going to waste on Poulsen... Every Juventus fan wants him out of the club so you would think he's going to a much worse club than Juve instead of us. Hopefully we'll wait and see if a takeover happens before we decide to buy any average players like him....

Guest JackWWFC

Whatever profit we make from Degen (transfer fee wise) we're apparently going to waste on Poulsen... Every Juventus fan wants him out of the club so you would think he's going to a much worse club than Juve instead of us. Hopefully we'll wait and see if a takeover happens before we decide to buy any average players like him....

Oo, yeah, Poulsen has lost it, if you sell Masch and get Poulsen then I doubt you will be in the top 4 again.

Good luck liverpool, I hate Man U and I hope they finish lower then you lot.