Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8742776/Transfer-news-Kyriakos-Papadopoulos-staying-with-Schalke

:(

Wouldnt want us to go for Jovetic' date=' he's the poor mans Suarez and doesnt score enough to be a suitable replacement imo[/quote']

I thought the defender Liverpool were linked with was Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

I'd like Jovetic, but whether he could handle the pressure of replacing Suarez, I don't know. Don't want Suarez to leave in the first place.

I thought the defender Liverpool were linked with was Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

I'd like Jovetic' date=' but whether he could handle the pressure of replacing Suarez, I don't know. Don't want Suarez to leave in the first place.[/quote']

I don't think it would be the same pressure Suarez had in taking over Torres, he was the direct replacement, if we brought in Jovetic we also have Sturridge, Aspas and Borini rotating with him. I've liked Jovetic since he mauled us a few years back.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8742776/Transfer-news-Kyriakos-Papadopoulos-staying-with-Schalke

Wouldnt want us to go for Jovetic' date=' he's the poor mans Suarez and doesnt score enough to be a suitable replacement imo[/quote']

Suarez didn't scored many in his first season at Liverpool either.Jojo has the potential to develop further and be a top replacement for Suarez.Also he's very young.

James..Sokratis is a Dortmund player.

Wouldn't take that as word, same for Suarez's agent, all it takes is a bid.

I don't know where the poor mans Suarez comes from completely different players, IMO there isn't anyone who can do what Suarez does. Jovetic will need support to score goals but he's young skillful and well built probably the best we could attract in our current situation.

Scoring a few goals against Mediocre opposition when there is absolutely nothing to play for is hardly an indication we would be ok without Luis, anybody who thinks we would be anywhere near the same team is deluding themselves. we played one half decent side without him in Everton and barely created a thing.

Jovetic ain't anywhere and I mean anywhere near the class of Suarez, vastly overrated and at the proposed price of 25m is ludicrous for his level of ability. best to stay well clear, don't think he would come here anyway which is a relief especially at the quoted prices.

Scoring a few goals against Mediocre opposition when there is absolutely nothing to play for is hardly an indication we would be ok without Luis' date=' anybody who thinks we would be anywhere near the same team is deluding themselves. we played one half decent side without him in Everton and barely created a thing.[/quote']

^^This.

You supporters will be in for a bad awakening if you think Suarez leaving wouldn't hit you hard.

Teams can always cover for the absence of key players for a short period, no matter the sport.

In the long run however, you will be significantly worse off. You finished 7th with Suarez, don't even want to start to guess where you would have finished without him.

Even if Suarez goes I don't see us finishing lower than 6th/7th, with Coutinho and Sturridge given a full pre-season and settling in properly we could still be decent. Obviously Suarez would be needed to give us any hope of top 4

^^This.

You supporters will be in for a bad awakening if you think Suarez leaving wouldn't hit you hard.

Teams can always cover for the absence of key players for a short period' date=' no matter the sport.

In the long run however, you will be significantly worse off. You finished 7th with Suarez, don't even want to start to guess where you would have finished without him.[/quote']

Totally right.

Even if Suarez goes I don't see us finishing lower than 6th/7th' date=' with Coutinho and Sturridge given a full pre-season and settling in properly we could still be decent. Obviously Suarez would be needed to give us any hope of top 4[/quote']

We may finish higher but who we do or don't sign will probably give. Bigger indication of that. But finishing higher Dont necessarily mean we are a better side, whether we keep or sell him nobody is ever gunna convince me that we would be better off without one of the very few genuine world-class footballers there are. Whoever we got would be a step or to correct myself quite a few steps down because at this moment in time we ain't in a position to attract a player of sufficient quality to be an adequate replacement.

With Sturridge possibly injured for quite some time does anybody really think we want to be looking at Borini and Aspas to fire us to glory? :o

Not judging Aspas as would be unfair but he ain't proven anything yet where as Borini will never be good enough. As for Carroll it is very simple Brendon don't want him in any shape or form Nd him playing in the way we currently play makes zero sense at all.

Totally right.

We may finish higher but who we do or don't sign will probably give. Bigger indication of that. But finishing higher Dont necessarily mean we are a better side' date=' whether we keep or sell him nobody is ever gunna convince me that we would be better off without one of the very few genuine world-class footballers there are. Whoever we got would be a step or to correct myself quite a few steps down because at this moment in time we ain't in a position to attract a player of sufficient quality to be an adequate replacement.

With Sturridge possibly injured for quite some time does anybody really think we want to be looking at Borini and Aspas to fire us to glory? :o

Not judging Aspas as would be unfair but he ain't proven anything yet where as Borini will never be good enough. As for Carroll it is very simple Brendon don't want him in any shape or form Nd him playing in the way we currently play makes zero sense at all.[/quote']

I do agree, Suarez puts us on another level. I just don't think we're a one man team like people suggest. As I've said before, if we sell him we would have to invest in other areas of the pitch cos you can't replace someone like Suarez like for like. REALLY hope he stays, he is our only hope for top 4 any time soon :o

I think that's even worse!

Each to their own though.

I don't even buy the shirts these days. Don't fancy being a walking advert for a bank.

I think it must just be a scouse thing. I bought the shirt but only because I wanted something to play footy in but I have never wear it any other time.

Not that it makes a huge amount of difference now but he apparently is worth 11 points to you this season, & your goal difference would be 23 goals worse off.

You'd still be 7th but only 1 point ahead of West Brom with a +5 goal difference. 13 points behind Everton, 22 points off Europa qualification & 23 points off CL qualification.

That's some contribution!

Makes you think you sell him for £30m and improve all over with the money.

Not that it makes a huge amount of difference now but he apparently is worth 11 points to you this season' date=' & your goal difference would be 23 goals worse off.

You'd still be 7th but only 1 point ahead of West Brom with a +5 goal difference. 13 points behind Everton, 22 points off Europa qualification & 23 points off CL qualification.

That's some contribution!

Makes you think you sell him for £30m and improve all over with the money.[/quote']

I want that statistic for Spurs without Bale :D

In all seriousness, those kind of stats have zero value as they assume nobody would have partly covered for anything

I want that statistic for Spurs without Bale :D

In all seriousness' date=' those kind of stats have zero value as they assume nobody would have partly covered for anything[/quote']

Yeah agreed which is why I said makes now difference now ;)

I bet Bale FC's minus Bale stats would be funny haha

He is no poor mans Suarez by any means!

Considering I rate Suarez as the 4th best player in the world, I would consider almost any other forward the poor man's Suarez :P not to say he isn't good, just a step down from suarez

Considering I rate Suarez as the 4th best player in the world' date=' I would consider almost any other forward the poor man's Suarez :P not to say he isn't good, just a step down from suarez[/quote']

Silly statement to make in the first place then. If you do sell Suarez then you're hardly in a position to sign someone of similar quality. Jovetic would be an excellent buy for a team that isn't in Europe.

Silly statement to make in the first place then. If you do sell Suarez then you're hardly in a position to sign someone of similar quality. Jovetic would be an excellent buy for a team that isn't in Europe.

Still, I wouldn't want us to go for him specifically, doesn't score enough for a striker considering we play with one up top

No offense to all Lfc fans here, but my first response on the papers was 'who's Aspas'?

Haha. I'm getting used to having to look (google) up, half of the mediocre players your team is buying these days haha. I watch the La liga right, but dont get me wrong i didn't even recognise Aspas at Vigo.

LOL, the quote 'How the mighty have fallen' couldn't be perfect enough, to depict the picture in Merseyside right now.

I also heard Suarez' agent agreed a 45m with Real, but it's all going on behind 'Pools backs haha LOL!!

It's crazy, how me, my friends and pretty much Manchester Utd supporters once thought 'Pool was the team to be maybe feared in 2007 onwards after Mourinho's sacking, and then just a funny sudden collapse happened in 2009-2010, like a collective drop of bones, which couldn't have happened at a greater time, cuz you guys had some serious momentum with the waiter in 2009..

On a serious note, i can see a strengthened West Brom, Swansea and even a potentially weakened Everton squad to challenge Liverpool for 7th spot next season hahaahaha.:D:D

Im looking forward to the banter here. :P

20 and going strong lads. 21 next. Glory Glory.

Considering I rate Suarez as the 4th best player in the world' date=' I would consider almost any other forward the poor man's Suarez :P not to say he isn't good, just a step down from suarez[/quote']

I will not comment on your view of Suarez being the 4th best player in the world although I do agree He would possibly be a step down from Suarez due to him not being as proficient of a goal scorer as him. That being said He is only 23 compared to Suarez who is 26 right now. I'd also be inclined to believe it would be a fantastic signing for you as Stuart below pointed out ," Jovetic would be an excellent buy for a team that isn't in Europe". I'm pretty sure He would have stayed at Fiorentina had la Viola secured a CL Spot on the final day.

Just don't say He's a poor man's Suarez. Let Jojo be Jojo, and Suarez be Suarez! :)

Have to say in all honesty that I’m more disappointed about the numbers mentioned as Suarez’s possible fee rather than the fact that he might leave. But I’m increasingly more confident about our ability to replace him. Although we can’t really replace him unless we can buy Lukaku which I don’t think is possible. If Suarez leaves we’re going to have to put that money into more than one player and probably use Sturridge as our no 1 striker and that’s not a bad thing at all assuming we’re buying other players with goal-scoring ability. I don’t know much about Mkhitaryan but the amount of goals he’s scored from midfield positions makes me think he might be the type of player we need.

And I’m still hoping/believing Borini will come good. If Suarez leaves, and whenever Sturridge gets injured that gives him the chance to play centrally and with Coutinho behind him he should get loads of good chances and an opportunity to show why he was bought. One of the things he can’t be criticized for is his movement so I think he could do really well playing centrally with Coutinho behind him.

As for Sturridge's injury I think I read somewhere that he'll be back in early July.