Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

You have to remember guys the media are doing their best to get stories out of nothing. I have no doubt he said what he said but I think it's a little silly for a player to say I want to leave, then his agent come in and say he doesn't, then the player comes out again a few hours later repeating what he just said. Most of it is all coming out of Goal.com which is usually full of rubbish anyway. He also said himself that the media are speculating. There isn't any clause in his contract and I for one am still confident he will stay. Look at how he plays, he gives 120% each game for us, he doesn't show the attitude or mindset of a player desperate for a move away. We all know what that looks like after we witnessed the final 6 months of some Fernando kid. There are many theories about the certain mind games he is trying to play, but here's one of my own. I'll more than likely get slaughtered by everyone for this but here it goes anyway. He's trying to attract the interest of Real Madrid by saying certain things so they come in for him. He's doing it almost as a threat to the English media, telling them they are responsible for one of the best players in the league leaving. Then when Real come in, he rejects them, not only in an act of redemption to get the media off his back but also to remain at the "spectacular" club in LFC. Yes I know, there's about 1% chance of that being the case but anything is possible. If he does go, we must do everything we can to sign either Eriksen or Jovetic however. Aspas may turn out to be alright, but he is nowhere near good enough to just switch with Suarez.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

You have to remember guys the media are doing their best to get stories out of nothing. I have no doubt he said what he said but I think it's a little silly for a player to say I want to leave' date=' then his agent come in and say he doesn't, then the player comes out again a few hours later repeating what he just said. Most of it is all coming out of Goal.com which is usually full of rubbish anyway. He also said himself that the media are speculating. There isn't any clause in his contract and I for one am still confident he will stay. Look at how he plays, he gives 120% each game for us, he doesn't show the attitude or mindset of a player desperate for a move away. We all know what that looks like after we witnessed the final 6 months of some Fernando kid. There are many theories about the certain mind games he is trying to play, but here's one of my own. I'll more than likely get slaughtered by everyone for this but here it goes anyway. He's trying to attract the interest of Real Madrid by saying certain things so they come in for him. He's doing it almost as a threat to the English media, telling them they are responsible for one of the best players in the league leaving. Then when Real come in, he rejects them, not only in an act of redemption to get the media off his back but also to remain at the "spectacular" club in LFC. Yes I know, there's about 1% chance of that being the case but anything is possible. If he does go, we must do everything we can to sign either Eriksen or Jovetic however. Aspas may turn out to be alright, but he is nowhere near good enough to just switch with Suarez.[/quote']

this is how i view it too. besides RM are more keen on Bale, cant surely afford both without selling up first

the source was in Uruguay and mostly spun by goal.com/similiar poor rumour mills.

i think its alot of tosh TBH. When i hear from him he wants to leave through the club channels, then il believe it.

next season will be his last though - unless a miracle happens we get CL! :D

;2602377']this is how i view it too. besides RM are more keen on Bale' date=' cant surely afford both without selling up first

the source was in Uruguay and mostly spun by goal.com/similiar poor rumour mills.

i think its alot of tosh TBH. When i hear from him he wants to leave through the club channels, then il believe it.

next season will be his last though - unless a miracle happens we get CL! :D[/quote']

yea summed me up in a couple of sentences ha:D

I'm inclined to think he is leaving us, massively disappointing I would have hoped he'd give us another year with the amount of support the fans and the club have given him when he's got himself into trouble, but with the way the media is (although partly brought on) I can understand his decision.

Anybody thought of maybe Benteke?

I don't think Benteke would suit. He's great at hold up play which is great at Villa where he gets given the ball and he needs to wait for support. Liverpool attack as a team much more.

I think Sturridge can replace the goals Suarez scored if given a full season down the centre. You also look to have Aspas coming in who can play there. I think your replacement should be a creative player similar to Coutinho, though possibly one who may stick to the flanks more.

His agent said this morning that he's staying this summer. Don't really trust agents in general' date=' but I doubt they just a few hours later again said that he'd leave lol..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8742624/Transfer-news-Luis-Suarez-staying-at-Liverpool-agent-tells-Sky-Sports-News

That was yesterday

My point stands the media is just pulling it right out of there behind. The only thing we've heard from Luis has been in Uruguay which has already been pointed out by JMH. I'm not convinced anything has happened until he addresses the english media, which is what his agent has already done and he said he would be staying.

A transfer budget around £60 million? Please don't mess it up.

At least with that we can buy everything we need now.

Obviously not getting CL has made him want to move, but the media has even more imo. The people that constantly go on about how the English league is the best in the world, with the best players. Well, they've just helped get rid off the best player. La Liga continues to become even more better.

He owed us another season.

We're probably going to sign Alex Pearce as well. What a joke.

A transfer budget around £60 million? Please don't mess it up.

At least with that we can buy everything we need now.

Obviously not getting CL has made him want to move' date=' but the media has even more imo. The people that constantly go on about how the English league is the best in the world, with the best players. Well, they've just helped get rid off the best player. La Liga continues to become even more better.

He owed us another season.

We're probably going to sign Alex Pearce as well. What a joke.[/quote']

Has he put in a transfer request or something??! :(

There's no smoke without fire. Suarez has brought this on himself in all honesty. He's obviously a world class talent' date=' but I won't be sad to see the back of him as a neutral. He's great to watch, but too much baggage comes with him.[/quote']

Why would you not want him in the league? He might be an idiot but he makes the league much more interesting and gives us a lot of talking points. Plus he is an amazing player. Dont really understand why any neutrals would be glad to see the back of him, he makes the league much more entertaining in every way.

Lets be honest' date=' we know he's going.

Is it true he's said he got no support with Evra or Ivanovic?[/quote']

Havent heard him saying that but that would be just typical Suarez :rolleyes:

As gutted as I will be when he leaves, Suarez has only himself to blame. You dont dive, racially abuse and bite people and expect people to go easy on you. He is such a muppet and the least he should do is give Liverpool another season to repay all of the controversy that he has brought to us since he joined. Cant say I'm surprised he wants to move, it was inevitable.