ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Don't think you can blame him for wanting to go.

Fully agree with this, yes hes only got himself to blame but lets be honest he is hated in this country. Why would he want to stay when he could go and live in a nicer country, play for a better team and not get hounded on a daily basis.

Makes this a huge summer for us, he has to be replaced with a marquee signing imo but i don't necessarily think it will be a forward. BR might give Sturridge the main striker role next season and look to bring in a quality wide man tho personally I'd like to see something like Benteke + Mertens arrive.

Sounds just like my ex girlfriend lol

yeah, it does.

oh, might have let the cat out the bag there. :rolleyes:

;):D

If he went and we got Higuain or Benzema coming the other way (both have been rumored to the prem) that wouldnt be so bad. Problem is neither will want to come to Anfield and our lack of CL football. So its likely to be a straight cash deal (or maybe some non first team youth thrown in) but knowing Real and the spanish market we woulb be unlikely to get all the cash in one lump, rather staged payments. Therefore I doubt our transfers will amount to a £60m spend as some have said.

The more and more I look at this, I dont see us either attracting or having enough cash to get our marquee signing as a straight replacement for Suarez, particularly as we have to strengthen in more than one position.

Apparently Papa is no longer "coming to us", is that correct?

We already see this many time, Suarez do interview, he feed the media with one thing, media twisted the contain, Suarez feed the media again with another thing, media twisted the contain even more.

Until there is confirmation from the official website (BR or Ayre), I refused to believe he forced his way from this club. As far as I'm concern, it could be another Suarez-Media saga.

Not worth to flinched.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes

A statement from #LFC: Luis Suarez is not for sale - neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.
#LFC : The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

So Suarez is going and Papa isnt coming. Yet Alex Pearce probably is. This is a disaster.

Maybe now you'll realise how much Liverpool Football Club has dropped and you can stop with your unrealistic demands and expectations (this is a vague comment at your fan base, not at you particularly)

I honestly can't say that I blame him in the slightest. People are saying that he owed us this and he owed us that, but he really didn't. He's been our best player for the last couple of seasons and has helped the cause enormously. If he thinks it's time to move on, then he's earned the right to do so.

At the very least, he didn't wait until the last couple of days before the transfer window closed before revealing that he wanted to go. We now have a very healthy looking budget and lots of time to spend it in the right way. Let's hope that we finally do.

We'll probably buy Andy Carroll again :rolleyes:

For 40M this time though :D

Apparently real have offered 23M and callejon, which is a joke of an offer really. Though callejon is a handy player, wouldnt mind him being part of the deal.

Maybe now you'll realise how much Liverpool Football Club has dropped and you can stop with your unrealistic demands and expectations (this is a vague comment at your fan base' date=' not at you particularly)[/quote']

Didn't know 4th place was an unrealistic demand.

For 40M this time though :D

Apparently real have offered 23M and callejon' date=' which is a joke of an offer really. Though callejon is a handy player, wouldnt mind him being part of the deal.[/quote']

I hope that's b.s that's a dreadful offer. 40m + Callejon would be more like it. We don't need to be held to ransom.

Ayew' date='Gameiro,Hulk ... 3 strikers that could do well for you imo, thoughts?[/quote']

Ayew and Gameiro aren't good enough IMO to be our Suarez replacement. I'd like Hulk but I doubt he'd come here and I doubt we'd pay his massive wages. I think Benteke or Jovetic are realistic, but more realistic is that we bring in Aspas and use the money to strengthen all over.

I hope that's b.s that's a dreadful offer. 40m + Callejon would be more like it. We don't need to be held to ransom.

Depends if he has that release clause that's been mooted. I've heard 35m Euros, which would be just a little more than £23m + Callejon.

South american' date=' skillfull, hard working, hungry, point to prove, ugly

Not Suarez............Tevez.

Could be with a punt - Discuss.[/quote']Tevez is one of my favourite players, but i can't see him coming, and i couldn't imagine us paying his wages.

Hulk sounds the most promising of those in my eyes. That would be sensational' date=' however unlikely it may be![/quote']

Sounds ? Eyes? Have you been spending time with Longnose? Rofl

Gameiro is very much "under the radar" due to limited time at PSG but he pretty much scores when he gets to play. Think he'd do great in Liverpool.

He's tainted. I think anything around the £30m mark is good money.

Hulk's wages would be silly. Ayew would suit Arsenal more. Gamiero could work. You'll probably end up going for Gary Hooper.

The problem with selling Suarez is trying to think of you could attract outside of Britain. No Europe, no Suarez - its a toughie.

I'd go with what you said and get Aspas and try improve other areas too.