Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Ayew' date='Gameiro,Hulk ... 3 strikers that could do well for you imo, thoughts?[/quote']

Bring David N'Gog back I'd say!

Can't see any of them wanting to go to Liverpool, Gameiro isn't up to the mark in my eyes either.

If he does go I reckon an AM sort of player would be brought in rather than someone like Benteke, although I would like to see him at the club..

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Sounds ? Eyes? Have you been spending time with Longnose? Rofl

Gameiro is very much "under the radar" due to limited time at PSG but he pretty much scores when he gets to play. Think he'd do great in Liverpool.

You think its weird that I hear with my eyes Elo - I have to taste with my fingers and I cant begin to tell you how I use the bathroom.

He's tainted. I think anything around the £30m mark is good money.

Hulk's wages would be silly. Ayew would suit Arsenal more. Gamiero could work. You'll probably end up going for Gary Hooper.

The problem with selling Suarez is trying to think of you could attract outside of Britain. No Europe' date=' no Suarez - its a toughie.

I'd go with what you said and get Aspas and try improve other areas too.[/quote']

No chance is 30 million good enough, tainted or not Madrid know who they are trying to sign and should be made to pay full for him. Hes one of the rare world class talents and he should cost along the 40 million mark.

He's tainted. I think anything around the £30m mark is good money.

I can't believe people are saying this. It'll knock £5mill of him tops, and do you really think a club like Real Madrid are bothered? Sorry, but it's quite embarrassing if you think we'll get £30mill for him because of that.

He's going to a whole different country, what's it going to matter to Madrid, Adidas etc? He brings in unbelievable amounts of money and it's not as if sponsors will be running away from him or Madrid. Especially when they can earn so much from it.

The only thing they have to worry about is opposition fans who are jealous of him.

Whats the betting we end up with Darren Bent?

What about Luis Muriel - think I heard some rumours he was to be another money ball style signing for us?

That'll do. Then strengthen every position that needs too be. We need to forget this building a team around one player approach, because they will always leave until were a consistent CL club.

I can't believe people are saying this. It'll knock £5mill of him tops' date=' and do you really think a club like Real Madrid are bothered? Sorry, but it's quite embarrassing if you think we'll get £30mill for him because of that.

He's going to a whole different country, what's it going to matter to Madrid, Adidas etc? He brings in unbelievable amounts of money and it's not as if sponsors will be running away from him or Madrid. Especially when they can earn so much from it.

The only thing they have to worry about is opposition fans who are jealous of him.[/quote']

I think after the whole Mourinho curfuffle they will be a little bothered - they need to re-build their image - which is why they are going for a manager like Ancelotti.

I wouldnt mind seeing Suarez at Chelsea, but would I want us to spend £40m on him & risk having him banned for a third of the league games every season, nope - not when strikers like Lewandowski, Gomez, Higuain are out there.

I never said you wont get £40m, I said anything around the £30m mark would be good moneys considering. £23m + Callejon isnt great, £40m + Callejon is laughable, £30m + Callejon would be good business.

@Ed - Muriel is a great shout! - Bent & Hooper itll be :P

So names in the theoretical hat so far then:-

Ayew

Bent

Benteke

Callejon

Gameiro

Hulk

Muriel

Tevez

oh and N'gog. ;)

What about those rumors a week a go that Chelsea still owe £15m on Torres and could give him back as payment - that could now be an interesting development.

Ayew

Bent

Benteke

Callejon

Gameiro

Hulk

Muriel

Tevez

oh and N'gog. ;)

What about those rumors a week a go that Chelsea still owe £15m on Torres and could give him back as payment - that could now be an interesting development.

Erm' date=' Hooper? ;)

Roberto Soldado anyone?

Luis Mureil links are very strong though apparently around 9 Million Euro's wouldn't be too bad but we'd need to strengthen throughout the team.

Soldado yeah, Negredo too.

I wouldnt mind seeing Suarez at Chelsea' date=' but would I want us to spend £40m on him & risk having him banned for a third of the league games every season, nope - not when strikers like Lewandowski, Gomez, Higuain are out there.[/quote']

He want to leave England, not Liverpool. :o

Ayew

Bent

Benteke

Callejon

Gameiro

Hulk

Muriel

Tevez

oh and N'gog. ;)

Add these player into the list Eder, Soldado, Doumbia. :)

Re; Torres. Apparently Chelsea interested in using him as a makeweight for Cavani deal, now Rafa being in charge for Napoli.

Add these player into the list Eder' date=' Soldado, Doumbia. :)[/quote']

Thought you meant EITHER Soldado or Doumbia cos you were typing with a cold or something.

Re; Torres. Apparently Chelsea interested in using him as a makeweight for Cavani deal' date=' now Rafa being in charge for Napoli.[/quote']

To be fair, I wouldnt want him back. :P

Ayew

Bent

Benteke

Callejon

Doumbia

Eder

Gameiro

Hooper

Hulk

Muriel

Negredo

N'Gog

Soldado

Tevez

Torres

Roberto Soldado anyone?

Luis Mureil links are very strong though apparently around 9 Million Euro's wouldn't be too bad but we'd need to strengthen throughout the team.

Why would Soldado leave Valencia for a club that aren't in the Champions League and about to lose it's best player?,Negredo would be a realistic target,but I feel Soldado will end up staying at Valencia if they finish 4th.

Also is there any inkling at your end how strongly linked you are with Ben Arfa as I know that a few months ago you were very keen,now you've got a potential £65 Million coming in for Carroll and Suarez I wonder if you'll reignite your interest for him.

You could spend around £20 Million on a striker but it should probably be better spent elsewhere.

We've not bought a marquee striker for quite some time really, we have generally bought them in and they have become the £40m+ stiker that has then left. With one exception and with him still on our books I would be very surprised to see us spend in excess of £15m, maybe £20m due to the market, on an individual. And to be fair - that is the market that suits our station at present. Anyone costing more than that will be on the radar of all of the ususal suspects/bank rolled/chapions league clubs and so unlikely to join.

For that reason, I am going for Muriel and the rest to be spent on the squad.

Not what I would want but the most likely outcome i think.

Thought you meant EITHER Soldado or Doumbia cos you were typing with a cold or something.

Cheeky. :P I just noticed it too. :D

That'll do. Then strengthen every position that needs too be. We need to forget this building a team around one player approach' date=' because they will always leave until were a consistent CL club.[/quote']

This is very interesting comment.

If we do get 40/50M from selling (any player) + budget from FSG, we should definitely try to do this kind of approach.

Can't hurt our squad right now while we are still rebuilding and all. Not to mention, it will also increase our depth. Distribute the money wisely in all department. Could work well.

Just hoping we not gonna break under pressure of other club holding ransom or something.