ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Be a shame to see Suarez leave the EPL. Despite the madness around him' date=' he is a joy to watch.

Im sure you guys will still be able to cope without him. We coped reasonably well when RvP left. You guys want the money to go on a new striker or give someone like Caroll another chance?[/quote']

I'd like part of the money to go on a new striker and then go to our defence as well, I like Sturridge I think that maybe without Suarez he'll shine, I also like Carroll for the amount of stick he gets off some people if you watch him play for West Ham he changes a game just by being there, if he's happy to play second fiddle and be our Plan B I say keep him, there have been games this season where we could have done with a 6ft+ striker up the top. But we will need another striker whether marquee or just a top youngster to grow into it.

Luis Suarez is still a Liverpool player, and he himself, the club or his agent are yet in english to say he wants to leave. In the dodgy translation, Suarez says the club knows what he wants, yet the club have no received any communication from him asking to leave. Have a bit of hope guys, is this not Liverpool FC?

I would never turn on him and I don't blame him for wanting to go to Madrid but at the same time I don't think he deserves any super gratitude from LFC fans either.

Last season although he played well he was shocking (and I mean shocking) in front of goal, had he actually been as clinical as he has been this season Kenny would still be in charge.

I don't blame Louis for that and I backed him last season, however this is his first REALLY good season with us and just like RVP with Arsenal he is jumping at the first club that's come calling for him.

LFC fans have backed him through all the stupid things hes done and even recently when he was a total moron in biting Ivanovic, LFC fans instead of being ...... off with the ban showed Louis amazing backing by singing his name and showing massive banners for him even though hes banned.

I have nothing against him for wanting to leave, however just like most before him I don't hold him anywhere near the likes of Fowler and co.

As for life without Suarez, yes the guy is amazing but so have other players been that we have lost, LFC has always gone on.

As for not being able to buy world class players, maybe not but surely the plan is to get these players before they become world class? all these players started out somewhere before making there name just like Alonso, Torres and co did with us.

Those are the signings we need, the players in the bracket below world class that can go to that next level with your club.

Granted its not easy finding them, but there are plenty out there, we signed one of them (possibly 2) this season :)

Nice picture' date=' in my mind the best player that's ever played for Liverpool and I feel sorry for him that we can't match his ambition.[/quote']

At the end of the day hes had an amazing life playing for the club he loves on amazing money and won everything other than the EPL :)

Save your sympathy for the likes of me and you who cant do the above :P

198340_392755570840423_2085725635_n.jpg

Nice picture' date=' in my mind the best player that's ever played for Liverpool and I feel sorry for him that we can't match his ambition.[/quote']

Just goes to show you how close we were to being a top side though. Had we held on to Alonso, Mascherano and Torres. Adding Suarez to the mix would have been lethal, not to mention a top-form Steven Gerrard and Pepe Reina. Would have given any team a run for their money :(

The pictures goes around under the impression of, good players come and goes, but legend stay forever. :)

As for not being able to buy world class players' date=' maybe not but surely the plan is to get these players before they become world class? all these players started out somewhere before making there name just like Alonso, Torres and co did with us.[/quote']

We could be just like Porto, as long we don't pay silly transfer money and our scout have really great eye for potential / talent, in the mean time we performed in the league (that is the one thing worries me).

I honestly think that if Torres had stayed, we would certainly be in the top 4 and probably challenging for the title. Imagine the Torres of old and Suarez playing together, it would have been the stuff of dreams. And now, we wont have either anymore :(

It sickens me how there isnt any loyalty in the game anymore, the amount of grief we've received due to Suarez's actions yet as soon as things get tough he decides to jump ship. If he gave us one more season then I could understand but this has been his first good season at the club and he wants out already. Love the guy but I find it so frustrating and the fact that he blames the media makes it worse. They didnt make him racially abuse Evra or bite Ivanovic.

I can't say the story has really affected me that much. I can't say i'm that concerned. Not like i was when Torres went, i was hurt then, but this is different. I'm not really bothered.....

I don't exactly think we need to find a direct replacement for Suarez if he was to go either. Ok it would be virtually impossible to do so in the first place but has everybody forgotten Coutinho? If he progress like Suarez did in his 2nd season he could be a very important player for us next season.

So with potential transfers of Suarez' date=' Carroll, Skrtel, Coates, Assaidi, Pacheco, Spearing and a couple of others, add to our already reported 20 Million budget (take FSG's cut) and we could have a substantial budget to rebuild the team this summer. I really hope Brendan spends wisely as my feelings are right now that 'THIS' season not 'LAST' season is now our most important in our rebuilding stage and is the difference between Europe and Mid-table mediocrity.

Just been browsing and looking to see the potential players we've been linked with;

- Damiao

- Eriksen

- Aspas

- Pearce

- Papa

- Jovetic

- Benteke

- Camacho

- Turan

- Luis Alberto

- Tello

- Navas

- Alderweild

- Torres

- Begovic

Picked these up over time and some are way OTT and most won't happen, with the cash we could possible have who would you take?[/quote']

If Reina goes, I'd love Begovic.

I wouldn't mind Torres back, but obviously depending on the price we could get him for. Although I also wouldn't mind Carroll being given a second chance.. Could see him and Sturridge performing a interesting partnership to say the least.

I'd also welcome Alonso back with open arms. I was kinda against the idea a few months back for simply for sentimental reasons id love to see him in red for the final few years of his career. And the addition of another experienced head could really help the way the club are looking to go with young players.

I guess i would settle for Aspas and Pearce, they are pretty realistic at the moment...but id also want Papa. Can't imagine we'd go for Damiao, Eriksen or anyone like that. Too good to be true.

This Pearce business is rubbish. He isn't a realistic target because he wouldn't make the match day squad of 18. There isn't any truth to those rumors and I'm amazed as to how serious people have taken them especially since it's been virtually non existent apart from the silly story that brought it up in the first place. Eriksen is a very realistic target for us, and I hope we go for him whether Suarez stays or not.

I do not hate Suarez but I will surely hate him if hes leaves Liverpool. Come on dude! He got a hell lot of support from the fans in every controversy whether it be racism, the bite saga. He says hes leaving because of negative media??? Are you kidding me bro ..... You did something wrong and got stick for that! Its really bad in Suarez's part to leave a club who's fans supported him so very much. Really Shameful

And his list of contervery is not small

February 2007: Makes his international debut for Uruguay against Colombia but is sent off in the final minutes after being shown a second yellow card for dissent.

November 2007: Joins Ajax from Uruguayan side Nacional but he is later suspended by the Dutch giants after a half-time dressing-room altercation with team-mate Albert Luque.

July 2010: During the 2010 World Cup quarter-finals' date=' Suarez prevents Ghana's Dominic Adiyiah from scoring in the final minute with a deliberate handball on the line and is subsequently sent off. A penalty was awarded but missed by Asamoah Gyan and footage showed Suarez celebrating on the sidelines. Uruguay eventually went through to the last four on penalties.

[b']November 2010:[/b] Handed a seven-match ban by the Dutch FA and fined by his club for biting PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal during an Eredivisie match.

October 2011: Following his move to Liverpool in January 2011, he was involved in a tackle with Everton's Jack Rodwell and goes down with apparent minimal contact. Rodwell was then sent off.

October 2011: Alleged to have racially abused Manchester United's Patrice Evra during a Premier League match. Later found guilty by an independent regulatory commission and banned for eight matches and fined £40,000.

December 2011: Seen making an offensive gesture towards Fulham fans. At this time he had already been charged by the FA over the racism incident, although not yet punished, but was handed a further one-match ban for the gesture.

February 2012: United and Liverpool met again at Old Trafford, but more controversy blows up as Suarez refuses to shake Evra's hand before kick-off.

October 2012: Celebrates a goal against Everton by diving in front of Toffees boss David Moyes, who had earlier claimed that "divers" such as Suarez were putting fans off the English game.

January 2013: Handles the ball prior to scoring Liverpool's winner in the FA Cup third-round tie at Mansfield.

April 2013: Bites Branislav Ivanovic on the arm but escapes punishment on the pitch as the referee fails to see it, and scores Liverpool's equaliser seven minutes into stoppage time as they draw 2-2 with Chelsea at Anfield. Fined by club the following day and charged with violent conduct by the FA. Subsequently handed a 10-match ban by an independent regulatory commission, which Liverpool opt not to appeal against.

I guess i would settle for Aspas and Pearce' date=' they are pretty realistic at the moment...but id also want Papa. Can't imagine we'd go for Damiao, Eriksen or anyone like that. Too good to be true.[/quote']

If you believe all the Pearce garbage than here's what Eriksen has 'reportedly' said very recently:

"Dortmund is one of the options but it is not the only option.

"Liverpool is definitely an option. It is also one of the clubs that is a step-up from Ajax, and it's a different league and a different caliber.

"It sounds very exciting, but we'll have to see. I don't know if there is anything specific, and I've even talked to Daniel [Agger] about it".

Tony Barrett says we're not signing Alex Pearce. This is wonderful bit of news but he did actually say only a few days ago that he didn't think we're signing Iago Aspas so I suppose he gets some of the stuff wrong.

Still, he's probably your best bet on Twitter re LFC news, along with Neil Jones and James Pearce from the Echo.

I bet they told Pearce he'd be a squad player and he said no.

I very much doubt Pearce thought he was going to be a starter at Liverpool when he wasn't that at Reading who got relegated.

More embaressing reading Tottenham and Newcastle fans sticking there oar in not being funny but what have those two clubs done....ever nothing really and hardly like you are massive forces yourselves :rolleyes:

Newcastle are useless' date=' Spurs fans can laugh but when you lose Bale we will see what team suffers more....even with him you still cant get the big one talk about get above your station achieve something then start talking.

[/quote']

Agree there funny to hear a Newcastle fan especially with the current state of their club and that Suarez or not we are still better. As for Spurs' date=' Woodsy it seems your own comment could cover Tottenham fans thinking they have a god given right to be in the Top 4, end of the day without Bale you're not that far off us at all and I believe if Suarez does leave and we re-invest properly we could easily match you next season.[/quote']

Do tell gents, the petulant yet blatantly obvious remarks about Newcastle being unsuccessful and awful is linked to Suarez's lack of commitment how? Geordies are fully aware how awful our side is and I am sure I was not making any comparison between the teams.

There is a common trend running through these club threads and opposing fans will have a go at other clubs problems yet rather than taking it on the chin or chins for many of you your response is "what has team 'A' won recently" or " how successful has team 'A' been". This kind of remark I find enormously hilarious as you are grown men (well many of you are I assume) coming back with the sort of retort reminiscent of my time in primary school.

So Suarez is leaving, can you blame him? The media excuse he is using is pathetic. A high profile player who is in the limelight and attracts media attention because of his antics has nobody to blame but himself. I for one think Liverpool will be a stronger team for letting him go, not sure what kind of fees will be thrown about but in the current market 50million is not out the question. Add to that the 15m + for Carroll I see Liverpool benefitting immensely.

You can only show loyalty to a player for so long, on the flip side of that a player can only show loyalty to a club that is not challenging for honours for so long, especially a player of Suarez's ilk. Yes I find it funny he has spoken out and wants to leave but funny at the way football is now from when I was a kid and nothing else.

Do tell gents' date=' the petulant yet blatantly obvious remarks about Newcastle being unsuccessful and awful is linked to Suarez's lack of commitment how? Geordies are fully aware how awful our side is and I am sure I was not making any comparison between the teams.

There is a common trend running through these club threads and opposing fans will have a go at other clubs problems yet rather than taking it on the chin or chins for many of you your response is "what has team 'A' won recently" or " how successful has team 'A' been". This kind of remark I find enormously hilarious as you are grown men (well many of you are I assume) coming back with the sort of retort reminiscent of my time in primary school.

So Suarez is leaving, can you blame him? The media excuse he is using is pathetic. A high profile player who is in the limelight and attracts media attention because of his antics has nobody to blame but himself. I for one think Liverpool will be a stronger team for letting him go, not sure what kind of fees will be thrown about but in the current market 50million is not out the question. Add to that the 15m + for Carroll I see Liverpool benefitting immensely.

You can only show loyalty to a player for so long, on the flip side of that a player can only show loyalty to a club that is not challenging for honours for so long, especially a player of Suarez's ilk. Yes I find it funny he has spoken out and wants to leave but funny at the way football is now from when I was a kid and nothing else.[/color']

You come on here wityh this remark....

"Rather petulant of me but all I have to say is ha...ha...ha and oh ha again."

Basically laughing at our misfortune so yes it is totally relevent, you made a concerted effort to come on the thread and the comment is self-explanatory.

I could have gone on your thread and laughed in nearly every Newcastle fan's face and the other idiot who thinks he knows everything but knows nowt who was prominant on the thread at the time(Yanga is good enough for Man United :P)... about all your "brilliant" French Players and how you all said were gunna fire you to glory. I (quite rightly) said they aint good enough and gave detailed reasons as to why but as a group all rubbished my claims.

Now I have been proven right(dont always happen so I coulda milked it) on that issue through the only thing that can be relevent performances I could have gone on your thread and rubbed it in all your faces but I didn't, and I certainly wouldnt if a set of fans suffers I dont feel the need to rub it in.

You come on here wityh this remark....

"Rather petulant of me but all I have to say is ha...ha...ha and oh ha again."

Basically laughing at our misfortune so yes it is totally relevent' date=' you made a concerted effort to come on the thread and the comment is self-explanatory.

I could have gone on your thread and laughed in nearly every Newcastle fan's face and the other idiot who thinks he knows everything but knows nowt who was prominant on the thread at the time(Yanga is good enough for Man United :P)... about all your "brilliant" French Players and how you all said were gunna fire you to glory. I (quite rightly) said they aint good enough and gave detailed reasons as to why but as a group all rubbished my claims.

Now I have been proven right(dont always happen so I coulda milked it) on that issue through the only thing that can be relevent performances I could have gone on your thread and rubbed it in all your faces but I didn't, and I certainly wouldnt if a set of fans suffers I dont feel the need to rub it in.[/quote']

I think if you read the last paragraph of my previous post, (after my rather petulant admittance) I then went on to try to explain my reasoning for my little chuckle.

How have you been proven right about Yanga? First off he never walked straight into the side when he joined, then he has played a dozen games perhaps, long enough to form an opinion he is useless in your eyes Ray?

Yet I was one of the few people who championed Henderson stating the lad is talented, while "your lot" scoffed at the suggestion. Not sure if it was in this thread or help with deals but I was one who fought his corner so to speak.

I could have said "told you so" on that occasion but never.

This is not about point scoring it is about differing opinions. I admitted my remark was a tad petulant yet I did go some way to trying to explain it.

Your comment regarding Newcastle regardless of what you think was not of any relevance at all.

Liverpool have approached Valencia regarding the availability of their striker Roberto Soldado.

Reds' boss Brendan Rodgers has been monitoring the 28-year-old (27th May just gone) striker this season along with Valencia's Sofiane Feghouli and Aly Cissokho. Liverpool scouts were in attendance at Valencia's 4-3 defeat at Sevilla, a game which saw Soldado score twice.

Alvaro Negredo (27) scored all four of Sevilla's goals. He's also been linked with a move to England this summer.But it is Soldado who Liverpool have enquired about and according to reports in Spain this morning, the Reds are hoping that they can tempt Valencia to do business by opening with a cash offer plus Fabio Borini, an offer that we expect would be of little interest.

Valencia are likely to want hard cash.Valencia have fallen just short of a Champions League place and are heavily in debt with the local government having recently taken over the club after they failed to service debt on £68million loan which they guaranteed.

Soldado, Feghouli and Sergio Canales are just three of their players expected to attract strong interest this summer and could be sold to reduce debts.Liverpool have not made a bid for Soldado as yet but he's clearly under consideration. Much will depend on the valuation and what happens with Luis Suarez.

The Reds made an enquiry about Barcelona's want-away striker David Villa last week but the digits didn't add up and a move to London looks more likely.Sevilla forward Luis Alberto is also wanted by Liverpool as is Cristian Tello.

I would take Soldado in a heartbeat.

I would take Soldado in a heartbeat.

There is a possibility that he can go for cheap.

Another rumors for today' date='

LFC have hinted that any deal with Real for Suarez would only be considered if Higuain was included in the deal. (ESPN)

Worth a punt?