ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

My favourite comment from John Bradley was him commenting on the time Shakhtar were talking about a replacement for Jadson.

Jadson said you don't need a replacement as you already have Mkhitaryan, and he's better than me already!

And Jadson's good...

My favourite comment from John Bradley was him commenting on the time Shakhtar were talking about a replacement for Jadson.

Jadson said you don't need a replacement as you already have Mkhitaryan' date=' and he's better than me already!

And Jadson's good...[/quote']

yer i saw that, pretty good compliment haha

Nothing new here but courtesy of Football365 :-

LIVERPOOL TO SIGN MKHITARYAN

The Guardian give us a handy little rundown of Liverpool's current transfer dealings and they say that the club are prepared to spend £22m on Shakhtar Donetsk's attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan whether they sell Luis Suarez or not. He scored 25 goals in the Ukrainian Premier League last season, don't you know?

They are also expected to complete the £7.7m signing of Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas this week while they are willing to pay £12m for first-choice central defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos. The slight problem is that Schalke want £20m. Oh and Simon Mignolet is a target if Pepe Reina goes to Barcelona

Ez ‏@Number10Role 3m

Graham Hunter and Guillem Balagué on 'Revista de la Liga' say that Gareth Bale is no.1 target for Real Madrid this summer' date=' not Luis Suárez.

Let's hope its true.[/quote']

more so, Perez got re elected on the promise he will bring in Bale this summer, so they will push hard for him. Starting with an £85M bid!

also a little rumour from Brazil, we sent scouts to watch the Toulon tourny - in particular Brazil.

the target was 17 year old Matheus BITECO, plays DM.

now his brother was the one i was eagerly anticipating on the DB (Guilherme Biteco) but Matheus has stepped up a gear last 3 months and is very promising. I hope we bring both over to be fair.

story from sambafoot....

Sambafoot can exclusively reveal that Liverpool scouts are at the Toulon U20 tournament to run the rule over Grêmio midfielder Matheus Biteco.

The 17-year-old is currently with the Brazil U20 squad in France, where the Seleção have impressed by winning their first three games in the group stage.

According to Sambafoot's sources, Liverpool have sent scouts to the tournament and defensive midfielder Matheus is one player being looked at as a possible signing.

Liverpool have a history with Matheus' parent club, Grêmio, having signed Lucas Leiva in 2007 and former Reds left-back Fabio Aurelio currently plies his trade at the Porto Alegre club.

Porto Alegre native Matheus has featured in Grêmio's Campeonato Gaucho campaign, making six appearances in midfield, three of them in the starting lineup.

The summer would be an ideal time for a swoop as Matheus turns 18 in June, paving the way for a move abroad as Brazil laws prevent the departure of footballers aged 17 and under from leaving the country.

Matheus will return to Brazil with the U20s once the Toulon tournament is over, with the final scheduled for June 8.

Liverpool are thought to be looking to bolster their defensive options this summer and with Lucas Leiva their only recognised defensive midfielder, Matheus could be a long-term solution.

401902_10151767087632573_1580130126_n.jpg

Hopefully it puts the other team off during our games :rolleyes:

Oh god, no wonder Suarez wants to leave.

I did see this kit leaked a few weeks back but as with most leaked kits I assumed it was fake as it was that bad!!

What ever happened to Dani Pacheco? He was going to be a superstar when we nabbed him from Barca 6 or 7 years ago, but he simply hasn't done it on loan and is due to leave this summer I think.

Such a shame, I remember getting excited that this kid was arriving with such potential.

What ever happened to Dani Pacheco? He was going to be a superstar when we nabbed him from Barca 6 or 7 years ago' date=' but he simply hasn't done it on loan and is due to leave this summer I think.

Such a shame, I remember getting excited that this kid was arriving with such potential.[/quote']

I guess you should never get excited about a player with no first team experience. I remember when I thought Kakuta was going to be a top player. Looks unlikely now.

What ever happened to Dani Pacheco? He was going to be a superstar when we nabbed him from Barca 6 or 7 years ago' date=' but he simply hasn't done it on loan and is due to leave this summer I think.

Such a shame, I remember getting excited that this kid was arriving with such potential.[/quote']

should have been given the 1st team chance a couple of years back. I remember watching him play in some u-21/20 (not sure what age) tournament for spain and I thought he was fantastic.