ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Cracking game it was too. Manu Petit scoring a lovely free kick. I remembering throwing a paddy when the second PNE goal went in.

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Liverpool's midgets.

Lol why do you say we have loads of midgets? In our starting 11 we usually only have 1, coutinho :P

I'v watched Shakhtar a lot' date=' on the toughest stage of em all - UCL, and their midfield was pretty weak to me. The only reason they dont get slaughtered in UCL games a lot is to credit a solid defence in Rakytskiy and Chygrynskiy!!

Mkhitar will probably be as the same flop as Sahin was to your club.

At lest Eriksen is 21, and won league titles and cups in a better team and league.

Liverpool always seem crazy-friendly, when it comes to offferin silly cash for beyond-average players.

I saw an article on which teams improve the value of their players the most, and Liverpool wer somwhere like 16th, with net profit of -15m or somethin close, which is strange when you look at em finishin 7th all the time.[/quote']

What are you're thoughts on Rakytskiy - could he be good for us?

Pretty sure this is another hoax.

Put :large at the end of the .jpg to make it bigger.

The most unbelievable part of that is a club like Liverpool using such an old version of Microsoft Office. We know Suarez wants off so nothing will surprise me, if we get a good deal i'm all for it.

The most unbelievable part of that is a club like Liverpool using such an old version of Microsoft Office. We know Suarez wants off so nothing will surprise me' date=' if we get a good deal i'm all for it.[/quote']Surprised they're not using open office.

Maybe Comolli bought them Apple Macs, but they had to sell them on at a loss because they looked good in theory, but in practice didn't do anything special.

Anyone got that LFC Globe on Twitter? They get some things right and some things wrong.

They said the club are thinking about offering Suarez an extra £30k per week, with a clause in the contract that if we don't get CL football next year he can leave for a set price.

Pretty good idea imo if true. Motivate the players to get top 4 and if it's not looking likely we can start planning in advance for life without him. Even though I still don't think we'll get it anyway.

Anyone got that LFC Globe on Twitter? They get some things right and some things wrong.

They said the club are thinking about offering Suarez an extra £30k per week' date=' with a clause in the contract that if we don't get CL football next year he can leave for a set price.

Pretty good idea imo if true. Motivate the players to get top 4 and if it's not looking likely we can start planning in advance for life without him. Even though I still don't think we'll get it anyway.[/quote']

fair shout, if they dont perform get them out as the like of Suarez will still command a fee.

Suarez owes it to the club & the fans - one more season at least.

Rumours that we're closing in on Mignolet, which must signal that Reina is off somewhere (Barcelona probably?).

I would be delighted with that; Mignolet is a great goalkeeper - one of the best in the league IMO - very underrated. :)

EDIT - Rumoured £10M fee too - seems like a fair deal for a goalkeeper so young. :)

Rumours that we're closing in on Mignolet' date=' which must signal that Reina is off somewhere (Barcelona probably?).

I would be delighted with that; Mignolet is a great goalkeeper - one of the best in the league IMO - very underrated. :)

EDIT - Rumoured £10M fee too - seems like a fair deal for a goalkeeper so young. :)[/quote']

Personally I would rather we kept the 10m and invested it in other areas. If Barca come in for Reina fair enough would not begrudge him a move after his fantastic service for us, otherwise I would rather he stuck around he is a leader in the dressing room and was coming back to his best form last half of the season and adds vital experience to the ranks.

I don't see Mignolet as a step up on Reina therefore it ain't necessarily a priority for me.

Still the need for a commanding, physical CB is the priority for me. if Ilori comes in he is one for the future, we need somebody for now and appears as though the Papa deal for a variety of reasons won't happen so need to identify somebody else.

Rumours that we're closing in on Mignolet' date=' which must signal that[b'] Reina is off somewhere (Barcelona probably?)[/b].

EDIT - Rumoured £10M fee too - seems like a fair deal for a goalkeeper so young. :)

Given that Valdes said he's staying for one more year, that wouldn't make a lot of sense given that it's World Cup year and neither will want to be benched.

Given that Valdes said he's staying for one more year' date=' that wouldn't make a lot of sense given that it's World Cup year and neither will want to be benched.[/quote']

Yeah, I thought I'd read that..:o:confused:

But he still may end up going to Monaco or something. Either that, or Reina is off somewhere that isn't Barcelona. I don't know. :P

I'd be very happy if we do sign Mignolet, underrated and when I seen him against Liverpool last year he annoyed me so much. I think in the back of his mind Reina has quietly wanted to leave for a few years now, but I don't really want to lose him tbh. His leadership qualities and experience are vital, and even though he has some dodgy games he's still a better keeper overall than most.

The Mkhitaryan rumours seem to be gathering pace as well which is also encouraging.

I'd be very happy if we do sign Mignolet' date=' underrated and [b']when I seen him against Liverpool last year he annoyed me so much.[/b] I think in the back of his mind Reina has quietly wanted to leave for a few years now, but I don't really want to lose him tbh. His leadership qualities and experience are vital, and even though he has some dodgy games he's still a better keeper overall than most.

The Mkhitaryan rumours seem to be gathering pace as well which is also encouraging.

Every GK in Premier League have been top class when they faced us. Weird I know.

Still proper winger and centerback is a priority.

Next week should be quite busy for Liverpool.

Aspas will probably complete his move.

Luis Alberto may be done early next week.

Mkhitaryan & Mignolet could be done by the end of next week.

Ilori has been getting closer and closer so could be done next week.

All of those are coming from fairly reliable sources (Telegraph, Times etc). If we are actually buying Mignolet, I can't see us not stealing Sunderland's song for him. It's magnificent. And IMO Mignolet would be an improvement on Reina.

If we get Mkhitaryan I reckon we could do top 4 with Suarez or without Suarez.

Not without imo' date=' unless you guys sign some defenders or another top goal scorer.

I think we will have to see after the first 10 EPL games how things are going, Henrik might be finding the same form he is in Ukraine atm, then ill eat my words :)[/color']

Not without imo' date=' unless you guys sign some defenders or another top goal scorer.

I think we will have to see after the first 10 EPL games how things are going, Henrik might be finding the same form he is in Ukraine atm, then ill eat my words :)[/color']

Sturridge

Mkhitaryan Coutinho Aspas

Not that bad at all if you ask me, with Gerrard behind them as well.

Sturridge

Not that bad at all if you ask me' date=' with Gerrard behind them as well.[/quote']

Is quite good, but imo Sturridge is a little inconsistent/inexperience to be a starting lone striker for a champions league contending team. But thats just my thoughts.

Maybe you guys need someone like Tevez, Torres, Cardozo who are going quite cheaply atm I think

Sturridge

Not that bad at all if you ask me' date=' with Gerrard behind them as well.[/quote']

Coutinho would move to the left which is a shame as he was playing amazing in the number ten role. However, it could be like what chelsea do playing Oscar wide with 3 playmakers. I don't think we could get top 4 if we didn't replace Suarez, he isn't proven over a full season yet. If we did get Suarez we should replace him with benteke and mertens.

Benteke

Coutinho Mhktyran Mertens

That would be an amazing attack with benteke holding the ball up for the midfield an getting goals as well. I think that would be a Top 4 side

Coutinho would move to the left which is a shame as he was playing amazing in the number ten role. However' date=' it could be like what chelsea do playing Oscar wide with 3 playmakers. I don't think we could get top 4 if we didn't replace Suarez, he isn't proven over a full season yet. If we did get Suarez we should replace him with benteke and mertens.

Benteke

That would be an amazing attack with benteke holding the ball up for the midfield an getting goals as well. I think that would be a Top 4 side[/quote']

Mertens most likely heading to Napoli and i doubt we'll get Benteke to be honest.

I'm excited about Mkhitaryan. He'll be excellent signing and with Shakhtar already buying some Brazilians like Nem,it's most likely he'll leave. I see some people (not in this forum,but from general view) worry to put Coutinho as left wing if we got Mkhitaryan. I know Coutinho is natural playmaker and will be comfortable playing at middle,but he's play at left wing last season and looks fine too. He always tend to drift inside to center and looks for space, and i think this will work brilliantly with Mkhitaryan as it's how Willian-Mkhitaryan combination at Shakhtar works too. Now,we just need to replace Downing with proper winger on right hand side and it'll be good. I want Susaeta from Bilbao, i don't know whether he'll leave but i always though he's a good player under the radar.

If we sign Aspas and sell Suarez,i don't think we need to reinvest that into buying a striker again though. If we just play 1 striker, i think Sturridge-Borini-Aspas is enough. Spent it into Mkhitaryan,1 marquee CB and another young CB and a good but not too expensive winger and i think we got a solid team core

Coutinho would move to the left which is a shame as he was playing amazing in the number ten role. However' date=' it could be like what chelsea do playing Oscar wide with 3 playmakers. I don't think we could get top 4 if we didn't replace Suarez, he isn't proven over a full season yet. If we did get Suarez we should replace him with benteke and mertens.

Benteke

That would be an amazing attack with benteke holding the ball up for the midfield an getting goals as well. I think that would be a Top 4 side[/quote']

Yeah that is much more attractive, but isnt Benteke going to At Mad?