ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yeah that is much more attractive' date=' but isnt Benteke going to At Mad?[/color']

Not sure, just rumors ATM, nothing official. But I can see us going for him if we sell Suarez for +40mil. obviously if atletico don't get him. I just hope we get Mhktyran, he would revolutionize our team!

Here is more on the news that Sky Sports sources understand Liverpool are holding talks over a potential £9million deal for Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet. It is believed the Belgium international will not sign a new contract at the Stadium of Light and wants to leave in order to boost his 2014 World Cup ambitions.

Where is Pep heading? Surely not Barca after recent comments from Valdes about staying for another 12 months?

Benteke isn't what we need. He is a target man that excels when long balls are booted his way and crosses are sent in to him. He attacks as a sole unit where as Liverpool attack as a team. Having one man holding the ball up isn't the way we work, instead we play 1 or 2 touch passing which involves all the players. If we wanted to play like that we would be keeping Carroll and saving ourselves the money. Sturridge is the third fastest player in Liverpool's history to reach double figures so I don't know why you're shunning him like that. Mkhitaryan can also play on the wings.

West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed Andy Carroll is just days away from giving his answer on a £100,000-a-week permanent move to Upton Park. The striker spent last season on loan at the club from Liverpool and is expected to sign a six-year deal worth more than £15m when he returns from holiday.

£100k a week?!?! Please say that is a wage increase on his Liverpool wages.

Where is Pep heading? Surely not Barca after recent comments from Valdes about staying for another 12 months?

Maybe Barca's back up during the period' date=' the 37-year-old Pinto who will also leave next year-so he will drop to third choice while Valdes and Reina fight for #1

West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed Andy Carroll is just days away from giving his answer on a £100,000-a-week permanent move to Upton Park. The striker spent last season on loan at the club from Liverpool and is expected to sign a six-year deal worth more than £15m when he returns from holiday.

£100k a week?!?! Please say that is a wage increase on his Liverpool wages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074315/Andy-Carroll-pockets-150k-bonus-Liverpool.html

May explain why he's not played more often for Pool even though BR was short of striking options

Maybe Barca's back up during the period' date=' the 37-year-old Pinto who will also leave next year-so he will drop to third choice while Valdes and Reina fight for #1

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074315/Andy-Carroll-pockets-150k-bonus-Liverpool.html[/url]

May explain why he's not played more often for Pool even though BR was short of striking options

Adds more fuel to the 'Liverpool cannot negotiate' fire.

Benteke over Sturridge? No way.

Sturridge

Coutinho Mkhitaryan Aspas

If we buy Mkhitaryan, he needs to play centrally. He has such a good goal-scoring record, and everyone who's watched him regularly says that his timing of runs in to the box are Lampard-esque. Coutinho is very, very efficient at left hand side and the role he had while playing there included a lot of cutting in with the ball so we're not losing much his creativity if we put him there. And if Mkhitaryan has struggles in adapting to the league, we can give Coutinho the central role without worrying if he's good enough there.

Credit to the club for the way they've handled the Suarez saga. Only one statement so far, in which we said Suarez hasn't told the club he wants to leave and that Suarez is expected to honor his contract. Now Suarez gives interviews on a daily basis where he says he wants to leave but we're not giving any attention to them, making him put in a transfer request if he really wants to leave. If he eventually puts in a transfer request it won't force us to do anything. There's absolutely no reason to think his performances are going to get worse if we force him to stay because he's the type of player who gives 110% no matter what, so I don't think we're going to entertain any low ball offers. Hopefully BR, Ayre & co realize that £40M for a player of his talent is not enough, and hold out for a proper fee if it comes to that.

Good to see we're doing a lot of stuff right off the pitch for once.

Adds more fuel to the 'Liverpool cannot negotiate' fire.

No they can-what took place is that Fenway had absolute faith in Dagliesh and his choice. After they got burned they began to overhaul their transfer system.

As regards to Aspas- combustible but what a player :)

Benteke over Sturridge? No way.

Sturridge

Coutinho Mkhitaryan Aspas

If we buy Mkhitaryan' date=' he needs to play centrally. He has such a good goal-scoring record, and everyone who's watched him regularly says that his timing of runs in to the box are Lampard-esque. Coutinho is very, very efficient at left hand side and the role he had while playing there included a lot of cutting in with the ball so we're not losing much his creativity if we put him there. And if Mkhitaryan has struggles in adapting to the league, we can give Coutinho the central role without worrying if he's good enough there.

Credit to the club for the way they've handled the Suarez saga. Only one statement so far, in which we said Suarez hasn't told the club he wants to leave and that Suarez is expected to honor his contract. Now Suarez gives interviews on a daily basis where he says he wants to leave but we're not giving any attention to them, making him put in a transfer request if he really wants to leave. If he eventually puts in a transfer request it won't force us to do anything. There's absolutely no reason to think his performances are going to get worse if we force him to stay because he's the type of player who gives 110% no matter what, so I don't think we're going to entertain any low ball offers. Hopefully BR, Ayre & co realize that £40M for a player of his talent is not enough, and hold out for a proper fee if it comes to that.

Good to see we're doing a lot of stuff right off the pitch for once.[/quote']

I think it's more down to the fact Suarez hasn't been back at Melwood at all yet due to internationals. Liverpool can't exactly sit him down to discuss his options if he's in Brazil. It's funny how he speaks about how he hates the press, but then still keeps giving them material to write about. It might not be the English press at the press conference but they get the story eventually.

Benteke isn't what we need. He is a target man that excels when long balls are booted his way and crosses are sent in to him. He attacks as a sole unit where as Liverpool attack as a team. Having one man holding the ball up isn't the way we work' date=' instead we play 1 or 2 touch passing which involves all the players. If we wanted to play like that we would be keeping Carroll and saving ourselves the money. Sturridge is the third fastest player in Liverpool's history to reach double figures so I don't know why you're shunning him like that. Mkhitaryan can also play on the wings.[/quote']

Have you not seen benteke play?? He is a much better player than Carroll -much more dynamic-and can help hold the ball up, go in behind and gets involved in the general play (his back heel against us being an example). Villa aren't exactly a long ball team are they,their manager has them playing decent football. Half a season doesn't mean everything, let's see if he can do it consistently for a season. Too often he blows hot or cold for my liking. Also, with so many attacking players you need someone who can actually keep the ball and bring midfielders into the game, something Sturridge struggles to do. We wouldn't pay 20 odd mil to play mkhitaryan out of position, he isn't a wide player at all. It just wouldn't make any sense let's be sensible

Yeah that helps a lot! ;) Normally wikipedia has a phonetic spelling.

Currently I'm pronouncing it Mac-Hit-A-Ryan

Mk-hih-tarry-ann. According to liverpools commentator who knows a lot about the player. Hope that helps :)

Good question.

I'm going with' date=' phoenetically :-

"Hop - eh -es - bett - erthan - bor - ini"[/quote']

That made me laugh!

I hope we do give Borini a chance. Sure his £11m fee (or to put it another way, £5.5m per goal) makes for bad reading, but his goal vs Newcastle was quite good (stop with his left, hit with his right, in the box, under pressure) and he still gets picked for Italy U21 when they have Insigne, Immobile, Gabbiadini etc. Had he not been a former Swansea player, he wouldnt have got half the stick he has done, and next season I expect him to prove a point, and fight Sturridge and possibly Aspas for a starting spot.

That made me laugh!

I hope we do give Borini a chance. Sure his £11m fee (or to put it another way' date=' £5.5m per goal) makes for bad reading, but his goal vs Newcastle was quite good (stop with his left, hit with his right, in the box, under pressure) and he still gets picked for Italy U21 when they have Insigne, Immobile, Gabbiadini etc. Had he not been a former Swansea player, he wouldnt have got half the stick he has done, and next season I expect him to prove a point, and fight Sturridge and possibly Aspas for a starting spot.[/quote']

I agree.

Just hope he's better at fighting than he is at football.

ba, dum, tsch. here til' thursday, try the veal.

I'm going with the Carragher pronunciation:

Meeeekheeeeeetareeeeeeeeean

Il just call him Henrik....or Dave....

Long way to go, negotiations with Shakhtar are never easy and reported interest from Juve and Dortmund to so wouldn't call it a sure thing but we are Liverpool and that counts for a lot :)

By the way shout out to legendary Lemon quite right if we dont want Carroll, I cant see how Benteke fits. (not to mention I couldn't see that happening)

They both thrive off the same kind of service and posess a lot of the same qualities. That aint the "proto-type" of player Brendon wants.

You only need to see the attacking players we are continually linked with they are basically all the same kinda player(a bit worrying in some respects) in how they operate and it is that flexibility that Brendon looks to want.

Nah Toby to Bayer looks more likely imo

You spend to much time reading gossip columns.......;)

Should not believe everything you read most of the time it is just Agents using a club's name to try and force a move, entice other interested parties or for new contract negotiations....

If Liverpool signed every player I have seen us linked with since the end of the season we would have a squad of around 500 players by now!!

You spend to much time reading gossip columns.......;)

Should not believe everything you read most of the time it is just Agents using a club's name to try and force a move' date=' entice other interested parties or for new contract negotiations....

If Liverpool signed every player I have seen us linked with since the end of the season we would have a squad of around 500 players by now!![/quote']

So you dont think he will come to Liverpool?

More rumours linking him with Bayer than Pool