ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

So you dont think he will come to Liverpool?

More rumours linking him with Bayer than Pool

Until I see something from a reputable source I take everything with a pinch of salt and with regards Liverpool the local papers and a couple of select journalists with extremely good links with the club usually have the inside scoop on any REAL activity

Until I see something from a reputable source I take everything with a pinch of salt and with regards Liverpool the local papers and a couple of select journalists with extremely good links with the club usually have the inside scoop on any REAL activity

Yeah of course' date=' ive only seen one source of him going to pool atm[/color']

More Spanish stars to Liverpool attack, as Luis "not-Suarez" Alberto is about to be bought for a meagre sum of £6M from Sevilla, for whom he has scored 25 goals in 77 games ...in the third tier. He has also scored 11 goals in 38 matches for Barcelona ...B, in the Secunda division.

Mkhitaryan a done deal?

It's all over sky sports news so I assume so, Brilliant player. I wanted him at arsenal but he's a bit pricey and well Honda is available on a free I think? But he'll probably end up in Italy... Mkhitaryan is an arsenal fan :P

This was supposedly put on your website.

im looking at fixtures? or am i missing something?

i think the bold print - 'subject to change' might haves something to do with it though?

;2625593']im looking at fixtures? or am i missing something?

i think the bold print - 'subject to change' might haves something to do with it though?

The premier league games at the bottom, they aren't released yet. Early derby.

Hell of a lot surrounding the club right now. The Luis Alberto deal still sounds up in the air, but the Mkhitaryan seems to be getting closer to being signed by the sounds of it, it could be done by the end of the week. Not sure about Atsu, heard a fair bit about him but never really seen him.

Looking forward to the fixtures list being released,

Hull, Fulham then Everton anyone? ;)

Who do you want to face in the first three games?

Grand.

Liverpool's 2013-14 calendar:

AUGUST

17 Stoke City (H)

24 Aston Villa (A)

28 Capital One Cup second round

31 Manchester United (H)

SEPTEMBER

14 Swansea City (A)

21 Southampton (H)

25 Capital One Cup third round

28 Sunderland (A)

OCTOBER

5 Crystal Palace (H)

19 Newcastle United (A)

26 West Bromwich Albion (H)

NOVEMBER

2 Arsenal (A)

9 Fulham (H)

23 Everton (A)

30 Hull City (A)

DECEMBER

3 Norwich City

7 West Ham (H)

14 Tottenham Hotspur (A)

21 Cardiff City (H)

26 Manchester City (A)

28 Chelsea (A)

JANUARY 2013

1 Hull City (H)

4 FA Cup third round

11 Stoke City (A)

18 Aston Villa (H)

28 Everton (H)

FEBRUARY

1 West Bromwich Albion (A)

8 Arsenal (H)

12 Fulham (A)

22 Swansea City (H)

MARCH

1 Southampton (A)

8 Sunderland (H)

15 Manchester United (A)

22 Cardiff City (A)

29 Tottenham Hotspur (H)

APRIL

5 West Ham (A)

12 Manchester City (H)

19 Norwich City (A)

26 Chelsea (H)

MAY

3 Crystal Palace (A)

11 Newcastle United (H)

17 FA Cup final

With all the news that we're in for Mkhitaryan and other attackers, I think our search for a new CB seems to have been neglected. We don't seem to want to pay top money for Papadopoulos yet we don't seem to be close to getting a top quality CB which I thought would have been a priority. Surely we wont have Toure as our starting CB and I wouldn't have thought Ilori would be ready to start. I'm still hopeful that we'll get Papa but I'm not too confident of that going through at the moment. Although our attack could be excellent come the beginning of the season but we are still a top CB short of being top 4 contenders

Pleased with the fixture list. We're playing all the teams twice, it appears.

With all the news that we're in for Mkhitaryan and other attackers' date=' I think our search for a new CB seems to have been neglected. We don't seem to want to pay top money for Papadopoulos yet we don't seem to be close to getting a top quality CB which I thought would have been a priority. Surely we wont have Toure as our starting CB and I wouldn't have thought Ilori would be ready to start. I'm still hopeful that we'll get Papa but I'm not too confident of that going through at the moment. Although our attack could be excellent come the beginning of the season but we are still a top CB short of being top 4 contenders[/quote']

Think it's just negotiating tactic by us, trying to drive down the price on Papadopoulos. Schalke seem to be very willing sellers, so it might work. We aren't exactly in a hurry to sign a new CB.

Andre Wisdom could be out on loan to Fulham this season

good move, get him a solid season and straight in the 1st XI next season...hopefully they play him at CB more than RB...

& the Carroll deal looks done...apparently its worth 55M altogether, fee + wages on a 6 year deal...

;2626650']Andre Wisdom could be out on loan to Fulham this season

good move' date=' get him a solid season and straight in the 1st XI next season...hopefully they play him at CB more than RB...[/quote']

I don't think he gonna play much at Fulham. I expect Riether gonna be first choice RB and they bought new CB in Amorebieta. Also Hangleland obviously gonna start in CB.

More like squad player to me and called upon when there is injury.

I don't think he gonna play much at Fulham. I expect Riether gonna be first choice RB and they bought new CB in Amorebieta. Also Hangleland obviously gonna start in CB.

More like squad player to me and called upon when there is injury.

Don't see why we'd loan him out to be backup somewhere else.

I'd imagine we'd be seeking some sort of guarantee that he'd play a certain role in the side he's being loaned to. Otherwise he may as well stay here.

Hoping that we get Mkhitaryan and Mignolet the most out of those we've been linked with, can really add those goals from midfield we were missing last season and with Mkhitaryan's goal tally he should be a great fit. Mignolet should either be our starter or at least put the pressure on Reina (Although Reina started to hit good form in the closing end of the season). Not seen much of Alberto so I can't comment but i've heard good things about him. Atsu though will be nothing like Assaidi, younger and a raw talent if Brendan eases him and Sterling into matches this season both could start to unleash their potential, great speed Atsu although from what i've seen that final ball can lack sometimes. Still worrying that we aren't being linked with any centre-backs and I don't see us going for Papa due to the condition of his knee.

Anyone know when Kelly's back? Might be that Rodgers is going to use him in his natural position next season in hope he keeps fit.

Excited for a season for once, good to see a match against United early should be taking advantage of the fact they'll be adjusting to life under Moyes. I don't think we'll get Champions League but I do believe we'll be at least competing for it. But with 3 of the bigger teams with new managers as well as the locals we should be more settled for a much better start to the season than last year.