MASSIVE DEAL: Iniesta, Xabi and Higuain - deal or no deal?

Safir

I am Barcelona. I would give up Iniesta for Xabi Alonso and Higuain. Is this a good deal?

The following should be considered:

My best DM is Busquets, so 4 point upgrade there.

My next best CM or AM is Keita. After that, no one.

I use 2 wingers; I have Ronaldo on the wing. Higuain might fit as the second guy.

My best forwards are Messi and Pato and Gilardino.

It is the middle of season 1; I am 5th, 7 points away from the top.

It should be noted that I care about winning now, not in few years (salary problems might eat me :D).

Thanks to all in advance, perhaps even in the form of a rep :D.

Re: MASSIVE DEAL: Iniesta, Xabi and Higuain - deal or no deal?

Thats a hard one. Personally I'm not a big fan of Alonso, but that deal is two solid players for one. I would reject on the basis that i'm greedy and would not want too lose a 96+, I would be hell bent on finding another way to get Higuain.

I really like Higuain, and include Messi/Pato to your offensive. You will be set for years with them three. (I have the same three forwards)

The fact you also have ronaldo aswell is pretty insane.

Thanks for the reply' date=' I'm also having a hard time deciding on this one.

Does Xabi seem like a solid 94 or is there a chance of going down in future?[/quote']

i would to this deal. xabi a safe 94. higuain is just class at the moment. 2 player is better then 1 class player :)

Thanks for the reply' date=' I'm also having a hard time deciding on this one.

Does Xabi seem like a solid 94 or is there a chance of going down in future?[/quote']

You have to bring age into account, not all players can play into their mid 30's and only get 1/2 year contract extensions. Alonso is 28, so you will have a couple more years with a solid 94, maybe sneak a 95 if Madrid actually were to win a couple of things. Spain world cup could do you a favor aswell.

It's personal preference mate, I tend to avoid the older players because I play for long term and I don't like to see rating decreases, which will obviously happen at the end of careers. My oldest player is Arshavin (28) also, next is Iniesta (25). It's not a bad deal at all really.