EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion thread- JOIN THIS FABULOUS SETUP!

To be fair' date=' not all of us boast the squads to loan out good players. I've put two 81's on the loan list dunno if that'll benefit the manager-less teams or not.[/quote']

Fair Point, and my chairman won't let me loan out some of the 86 and 87 rated players.

It was just a thought.

:(

Whatever the case we need to give this league something different to other leagues. With so many forumer setups being much of the same, especially the English championship ones, we need something that will make it stand out from the rest.

Going a long way back, the concept of a reporting thread and a discussion thread or more recently, youth cups and prediction threads are all things that have helped a setup become a bit unique.

So get your thinking caps on and lets get some idea to make this setup get a unique buzz to it.

Whatever the case we need to give this league something different to other leagues. With so many forumer setups being much of the same' date=' especially the English championship ones, we need something that will make it stand out from the rest.

Going a long way back, the concept of a reporting thread and a discussion thread or more recently, youth cups and prediction threads are all things that have helped a setup become a bit unique.

So get your thinking caps on and lets get some idea to make this setup get a unique buzz to it.[/quote']

Totally agree, I tried that in my last report, something about a certain City manager tapping up my star centre back. ;)

In my opinion there isn't alot of discussion at the moment either about transfers or cups. For example i was prepared to set up a custom cup a few weeks back and the response i got was poor, hence why i didn't go on and take it further. I may try and make a detailed post later down the line about a cup. But all it seems is people post their latest results and that's it. There is a lack of rivalries and banter at the moment. I'm sure it'll return but there needs to be something to kick-start it.

Totally agree' date=' I tried that in my last report, something about a certain City manager tapping up my star centre back. ;)

In my opinion there isn't alot of discussion at the moment either about transfers or cups. For example i was prepared to set up a custom cup a few weeks back and the response i got was poor, hence why i didn't go on and take it further. I may try and make a detailed post later down the line about a cup. But all it seems is people post their latest results and that's it. There is a lack of rivalries and banter at the moment. I'm sure it'll return but there needs to be something to kick-start it.[/quote']

Yeah thats definitely true. The KopStar/Kroitzz banter was something really good that kept the setup alive and the emergence of the SgtFury/Dudeskin rivalry had potential but sadly hasn't developed accordingly. I think the lack of posts on the reporting thread really sums up this point. When they are posted they are very good but there are just so few of them. Also some regular posters like Gozzy, mattgcfc and PhillipM have drastically dropped their posting amount.

Was thinking as something different of trying to get a betting competition going. Basically allocate people who sign up a certain amount of cash and they make bets on either the 'game of the round' or a division (doing all 4 would take too much effort :P )

E.g. If the odds on the game were

Manchester City $3 Draw $2.50 Sunderland $2

And I placed a bet of $100 on Manchester City, and they win, I would win $300.

Or could have it more like a 'poker' tournament when lets say, on the same game, 5 managers place a bet of $100 each (2 on Manchester City, 2 bets on draw and 1 bet on Sunderland), and Manchester City won, the total 'pot' of $500 would be split between them, gaining $250 each.

Object of the betting would be to get the most money.

Never looked at one of the prediction threads so not sure if they act as betting threads, but it is the best idea I could think of.

Also in regards to your article, I have seen it but have exams so will reply to it eventually.

Yeah, sorry as i hardly post in this thread much although i always log in to my Boro constantly. I think the amount of EC is too much nowadays so we should add another thing that never applied before in any setup. The prediction thing already applied in a lot of ECs. so i don't think it will help

This is my idea.

Everyweek, we choose 1 game. The rule of the game, we choose 1 player from each teams that we think will get SAME MATCH RATING.

For example, we choose Man. City vs Middlesbrough match. You must choose 1 player from City and 1 player from Boro. You can also write the rating you think they'll get. CONFUSED??

Say, i choose Pedro (City) and Kaka (Boro) and i think both of them will got 7 rating. I must write

Pedro and Kaka, 7

The point system

1) If both Pedro and Kaka get 7 rating = 3 points

2) If both Pedro and Kaka get same rating, but not 7 = 1 point

3) If Pedro and Kaka get different rating = 0 point

Just my 2 cents. I know the managers whom the club selected will get a slight advantage as he knows exactly which players that he'll play in the game.

Yeah' date=' sorry as i hardly post in this thread much although i always log in to my Boro constantly. I think the amount of EC is too much nowadays so we should add another thing that never applied before in any setup. The prediction thing already applied in a lot of ECs. so i don't think it will help

This is my idea.

Everyweek, we choose 1 game. The rule of the game, we choose 1 player from each teams that we think will get SAME MATCH RATING.

For example, we choose Man. City vs Middlesbrough match. You must choose 1 player from City and 1 player from Boro. You can also write the rating you think they'll get. CONFUSED??

Say, i choose Pedro (City) and Kaka (Boro) and i think both of them will got 7 rating. I must write[b']

Pedro and Kaka, 7[/b]

The point system

Just my 2 cents. I know the managers whom the club selected will get a slight advantage as he knows exactly which players that he'll play in the game.

Wouldn't it be better to get a point if one of them got a rating of 7. Otherwise it's a very good idea, it's a unique concept and something which is needed to help keep and promote interest in this set-up.

I thought the tournament idea me and kopstar came up with a few weeks back was very good. Having to use different formations and tactics every round with only u25's allowed etc. Eg. 1st round every team has to use 4-1-2-1-2, with aggressive tackling etc. I also think we should make use of the international teams a bit more but i am aware not all of us are gold members. Would be good to create that extra competition it's lacking at the moment.

Anyone selling any 87+ players that are young and have a good future ahead of them? Im up for paying big money.

Another offer for someone, is I will trade in Juan (92 CB) for a younger 89+ CB/FWD/CM with a good reputation. I have 17 mill to spend so please VM me if interested.

Yeah' date=' sorry as i hardly post in this thread much although i always log in to my Boro constantly. I think the amount of EC is too much nowadays so we should add another thing that never applied before in any setup. The prediction thing already applied in a lot of ECs. so i don't think it will help

This is my idea.

Say, i choose Pedro (City) and Kaka (Boro) and i think both of them will got 7 rating. I must write[b']

Pedro and Kaka, 7[/b]

The point system

Thats a pretty interesting idea and very unique.. still on the whole predicting area but very different.

Wouldn't it be better to get a point if one of them got a rating of 7. Otherwise it's a very good idea' date=' it's a unique concept and something which is needed to help keep and promote interest in this set-up.

I thought the tournament idea me and kopstar came up with a few weeks back was very good. Having to use different formations and tactics every round with only u25's allowed etc. Eg. 1st round every team has to use 4-1-2-1-2, with aggressive tackling etc. I also think we should make use of the international teams a bit more but i am aware not all of us are gold members. Would be good to create that extra competition it's lacking at the moment.[/quote']

Yup agree with this. It could be

Correct players and rating - 10 points

Correct players- 5 points

One player gets right rating- 3 points

None- no points

Or alternative voting scheme

Correct players and rating - 20 points

Correct players- 10 points

One player gets right rating- 5 points

Vote wrong- 1 point

Failure to vote- -1 point

And yeah it was a real pity that that cup idea never took off as in principle it seemed a pretty cool idea.

Also think we should maybe put a focus on trying to get current managers to post more than trying to invite people to the setup

Thats a pretty interesting idea and very unique.. still on the whole predicting area but very different.

Yup agree with this. It could be

Correct players and rating - 10 points

Correct players- 5 points

One player gets right rating- 3 points

None- no points

Or alternative voting scheme

Correct players and rating - 20 points

Correct players- 10 points

One player gets right rating- 5 points

Vote wrong- 1 point

Failure to vote- -1 point

And yeah it was a real pity that that cup idea never took off as in principle it seemed a pretty cool idea.

Also think we should maybe put a focus on trying to get current managers to post more than trying to invite people to the setup

yeah, the point system can be discussed afterward. The main idea why i propose this idea because this game is simple. we don't need to be committed like youth cup. It also doesn't need long time to post it. So people who can't be too active like myself can still contribute much and i think this idea never tried before

Wouldn't it be better to get a point if one of them got a rating of 7. Otherwise it's a very good idea' date=' it's a unique concept and something which is needed to help keep and promote interest in this set-up.

I thought the tournament idea me and kopstar came up with a few weeks back was very good. Having to use different formations and tactics every round with only u25's allowed etc. Eg. 1st round every team has to use 4-1-2-1-2, with aggressive tackling etc. I also think we should make use of the international teams a bit more but i am aware not all of us are gold members. Would be good to create that extra competition it's lacking at the moment.[/quote']

Corrected it' date=' if we sort out this problem then were all set IMO[/quote']

That's why i want to keep it fairer. If you get point by guess 1 player rating, the manager which the match selected will get HUGE advantage as he only need to pick 1 player from his team that he'll think will perform. If you get point by at least predicting 2 players from both teams, the manager still need to guess which player will be played by another manager.That's why i said Slight advantage

That's why i want to keep it fairer. If you get point by guess 1 player rating' date=' the manager which the match selected will get [b']HUGE [/b]advantage as he only need to pick 1 player from his team that he'll think will perform. If you get point by at least predicting 2 players from both teams, the manager still need to guess which player will be played by another manager.That's why i said Slight advantage

We need to make sure the manager will tell us which player he will play for the match then.

Derby agree a fee with Norwich to bring Hulk to Pride Park......the enigmatic Brazilian will link up with fellow new recruit Remy in spearheading Derby's push for promotion B)

Great signing! What is it costing you?

We need to make sure the manager will tell us which player he will play for the match then.

Yup that is a possibility.

And good to see you two posting :)

guys im new manager of chesterfield but club finance is negetive pls help buy some players from me' date=' and pls not make bid for my big players. bid for lower rating and higher age players plssss:p:([/quote']

Welcome mate!, we're all happy to help you out. I currently can't buy anyone but i'm sure some will be interested in the likes of Ideye and Jo. Speak to a few people on here they have good players to loan if you need them.

That's why i want to keep it fairer. If you get point by guess 1 player rating' date=' the manager which the match selected will get [b']HUGE [/b]advantage as he only need to pick 1 player from his team that he'll think will perform. If you get point by at least predicting 2 players from both teams, the manager still need to guess which player will be played by another manager.That's why i said Slight advantage

A slight tweak maybe if you choose to predict your own game the player you choose HAS to get the predicted rating or you sacrifice losing all points. Sort of like an all or nothing situation. Giving yourself a huge advantage can be leveled out by making it a big risk.

E.g. a manager predicts his own Kaka to get a 7. Then the opposition to play Heskey who'll get a 10.

Solution- Heskey plays and gets a 10, but Kaka plays but gets 6.

Outcome- Correct players and rating for Heskey = 10 points

Correct NAMED player and incorrect rating for Kaka = 0 points

It may sound complicated but if someone was willing to monitor it, it can work.

EDIT - I've misunderstood the idea, if it's only one game everyone predicts on. But i think maybe the manager could say one player he is playing and people can choose to risk to select him and these rules above could apply?

Alternatively, everyone that signs up for the comp, gets one game where their team plays.. giving them a distinct advantage for just that week. As everyone in theory should get one, it takes a bit of tactics to decide how to use your 'advantage'

What do people also think of everyone having a bonus pick. So when a manger chooses to use this pick, all points are doubled. He CAN NOT use the bonus pick on the same round as his team is the team that we have to rate players from

Alternatively' date=' everyone that signs up for the comp, gets one game where their team plays.. giving them a distinct advantage for just that week. As everyone in theory should get one, it takes a bit of tactics to decide how to use your 'advantage'

What do people also think of everyone having a bonus pick. So when a manger chooses to use this pick, all points are doubled. He CAN NOT use the bonus pick on the same round as his team is the team that we have to rate players from[/quote']

Do we really need to sign up? I think anyone can predict anytime, whether since the beginning or in the middle, much like SM Predict. And i agree with 1 bonus pick for each person

Alternatively' date=' everyone that signs up for the comp, gets one game where their team plays.. giving them a distinct advantage for just that week. As everyone in theory should get one, it takes a bit of tactics to decide how to use your 'advantage'

What do people also think of everyone having a bonus pick. So when a manger chooses to use this pick, all points are doubled. He CAN NOT use the bonus pick on the same round as his team is the team that we have to rate players from[/quote']

The one game a week is a very good idea, i think maybe the idea i suggested could be applied to the manager who is selected in that week. I think my idea could be implemented well into this, where the manager can still play knowing his squad but he must get the rating right to ensure he gets the points.

The bonus pick is a very interesting idea, but how would we monitor who has used a bonus pick or not? I think it may be easier if there was a bonus turn. Where everyone can choose three players in one turn.

Whatever the case we need to give this league something different to other leagues. With so many forumer setups being much of the same' date=' especially the English championship ones, we need something that will make it stand out from the rest.

So get your thinking caps on and lets get some idea to make this setup get a unique buzz to it.[/quote']

Guys

Despite only being involved in this setup for the last month or so(Portsmouth) and this setup being IMHO one of SM's flagship GW's along with 7345, 106, 7777 and 5579 to name a few you have to ask yourself what makes a league/forum/setup like this good, and seperates it's from the 1000's of other GW's. That basically being down to the individuals who take part in the league.

No matter what the appeal to a setup maybe, no matter whats on offer by a small percentage of managers who are willing to go that extra mile and offer extra's like Mock Gambling, Predictions, and Custom Cups etc etc and for them to do the leg work. Everyone in the league is in it for different reasons, some managers can offer all the money in the world to try and get new managers in and work their **** off to make the appeal of the setup different, the true fact is that no matter what anyone does the league will be like a roller-coaster, at times for maybe months the GW will be 100% full, other times there WILL always be un-managed teams. Managers will be fully committed to the league for the long-term while others will join and then resign without playing a game. Accepting that this will the case, very much like a roller-coaster, up-down-up-down and so on.

Since i've been involved in the GW and following the GW thread on the forum you can count on 1 hand just how many posters and forumers regularly post, it's actually a low number. Considering when full there will be 80 managers involved, all i see is the same 10-12 names who do all the posting and pretty much keep the GW thread alive.

A small percentage WILL always post on the GW forum and try to make the GW special

A high percentage DONT give a real committment to their teams, just 'going through the motions', Won't post, wont get involved in deals and/or sell/buy players.

The high percentage who are here for the long term but never pop up on the forum, never buying/selling players and getting involved with other managers, however, they are here and remain here.

My point - No matter what ANYONE does in terms of making the GW special/the best by way of extra leg work, guys will always be involved for their own reasons, some will get involved, the high percentage wont.

It's does'nt mean the GW is dying or suffering just because the GW goes through a period of time with the turnover of managers coming and going in a short amount of time, just because due to real-life issues albeit school/college/work/family the thread does'nt have 50 new posts per day. It's simply a fact that like everything will have their ups and downs, highs and lows, rough times will come and go. Yet the GW is still alive an well!

If it's not broke don't fix it!

We are currently 2/3rds of the way through a season, so roughly give or take 6-7 weeks before the start of a new season, IMHO it'll be useless to start anything now and bring anything in now. Use the next 6-7 weeks to knock heads and come up with something to use and start with at the start of next season. However no matter what we may bring in, there is still no 100% sure-fire way that the GW will get the managers interested.

Just my thoughts guys,

Regards

Mark