EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

Niall Taylor was unable to prevent a West Bromwich Albion defeat to Nottingham Forest.

West Bromwich Albion slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Nottingham Forest in their Division 1 fixture.

Forlín was on the scoresheet for his side.

I just cant win! Could be on the verge of my first ever relegation in SM:(

Swindon 2-0 Norwich

A worrying scoreline against potential playoff opponents Swindon. Both teams are now on 67 points each with us having the better goal difference.

Nearly relegated Swansea is our last game. Need to make sure we finish in the top playoff spot otherwise we are playing Wigan first.

Manchester United 2-1 Sunderland

Super-sub Labyad with a stunning winner to give us the 3 points. Sunderland took the lead with Alonso but Dzeko scored the momentary draw. The gap is now 15 points...I bet some people wish we were still in division 2:cool::P

Sheffield United 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool win without RVP! The fringe players did themselves proud over a tough unmanaged Sheffield United, Julian Schieber and Raul Meireles getting the goals.

Figured that I would rest a few players with the play-offs coming thick and fast, giving the fringe players an opportunity to shine. Farfan, Cambiasso and Meireles didn't hurt their chances in getting into first XI when the business part of the season starts.

Sub Ait Fana fed Schieber the ball for the first goal, promising stuff for a young player that I had a Leeds who has made his way to Liverpool. While Meireles put the result beyond doubt when he scored just inside the post, assisted by Farfan (Meireles has been quite brilliant from the bench since his dropping from the first XI but will have a strong chance to make the team against Felliani and Farfan who although has had limited starts due to RVP's form but has made an impact whenever needed)

Unfortunately Schwegler and Felliani have picked up 5 yellow cards so they will miss the final game of the regular season.

Next up is Cardiff City who are a real test as they will be a play off side

Niall Taylor steered West Bromwich Albion to victory against Galatasaray SK.

West Bromwich Albion beat Galatasaray SK 1 - 0 in their SMFA Shield Semi Final Leg 2 fixture.

Adriano scored the winner for West Bromwich Albion and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

West Bromwich Albion went through 3 - 2 on aggregate.

Into the final!:D

Norwich 0-3 Swansea

Lost our 2nd match in a row and Swindon get a draw which was enough to put them above us in the playoff places. This slip up at the end is costly as we now have a tougher semi final match then we had hoped for. We play Wigan instead of Huddersfield.

Liverpool 1 Cardiff City 0

Liverpool finished off the season with a 1-0 victory over long term bogey side Cardiff City. It wasn't until Farfan's 85th minute winner that gave us the 3 points.

Unfortunately Farfan picked up a minor injury and would be out of the running for the play-off match.

We finished third for the season in Division 2, very good for my first season in charge and our play-off match will be against Burnley. I know that both managers want the win badly, so it will be interesting who goes into the play-off final!

In other news:

Andreas WEIMANN has completed his move to Liverpool from Lyon in a swap deal for Sanmartín JOSELU

Has been doing well for Aston Villa in real life recently and hopefully an attacking option in the near future.

Liverpool 4 Burnley 0

Liverpool progress to the play off final thanks to a 4-0 thumping of Burnley, my condolences to the Burnley manager. Never did I expect a performance of this magnitude from my side. RVP grabbed a brace while Guardado and Ekdal contributed with a goal of their own.

Guardado gave us the lead within 2 minutes and we were leading 2-0 inside 5 minutes thanks to RVP's finish. Ekdal slotted in our third to give us a very strong 3-0 lead going into half time and who else but Van Persie sealed a famous victory by slotting in a spot kick in the final minute of the match to give us a 4-0 win.

Pleased as punch to be going into the final at Wembley but there is still work to be done as we still have a strong Hull City who beat Cardiff 4-3 in the corresponding fixture.

A big congrats is in order for a back 4 who played out of their skin to contain Kiessling and Walcott with Caceres and Kana-Biyik dominating the centre of defence.

So close to promotion to the Premier League that we can taste it...

Liverpool 4-0 Burnley in the Play-Off semi-finals

Very disappointed... i never expected to loose with 4-0 against Liverpool. Maybe a 2-1 or something close, like in the league... but 4-0...:(:confused:

Well, that's it... this was my first season as the manager of Burnley and i'm happy with what i did. very very happy with the players that i bought and next season will be better .

Anyway, congrats to the manager of Liverpool

Liverpool 4-0 Burnley in the Play-Off semi-finals

Very disappointed... i never expected to loose with 4-0 against Liverpool. Maybe a 2-1 or something close' date=' like in the league... but 4-0...:(:confused:

Well, that's it... this was my first season as the manager of Burnley and i'm happy with what i did. very very happy with the players that i bought and next season will be better .

Anyway, congrats to the manager of Liverpool[/quote']

My condolences mate, I never expected a score line like that but you should be proud of the progress that you have made with Burnley. Looking at your squad, they have the means to have another tilt at promotion again next season. Keep up the good work!

My condolences mate' date=' I never expected a score line like that but you should be proud of the progress that you have made with Burnley. Looking at your squad, they have the means to have another tilt at promotion again next season. Keep up the good work![/quote']

Thank you mate :)

Division 3 Playoff Semi Final

Norwich 3-4 Wigan

Came back quickly from 2-0 down in the first half but had to comeback again in the second half before losing the game by a goal with quarter of an hour to go. Wright-Phillips, Iturbe, Odemwingie were our goal scorers.

Our third loss in a row and it just wasn't to be this season. That's football for you.

Think I'm gonna change the team up for next season so everyone of my team is on the transfer list!

Looking to offload both Petric and Lazovic:

Petric- Had an average performance of 8.32 last season (4th in the entire division)

Lazovic- Scored 13 goals despite playing most of the season as winger.

Both are available for slightly over CV. If anyone wants to throw in some players, they are welcome too, but the player cannot be older than 31 :D

Liverpool wins play-off final to be promoted into Premier League!

Liverpool 5 Hull City 1

Liverpool have done it!! The Reds gained promotion to the Premier League thanks to a 5-1 win over Hull City at Wembley and at the first time of asking. What a great pre-Christmas present to get!! Commiserations to Hull City manager David Kelly who worked so hard throughout the season to get the Tigers to the play off final. Guardado and Schwegler both grabbed braces while RVP got the MOTM gong as well as a goal for his troubles

The game was a microcosm of Liverpool's season, when we conceded a penalty as a result of RVP's handball inside the penalty area, captain Pepe Reina stepped up and lead by example by saving the spot kick and inspiring the Pool boys to step up their game. Guardado gave Liverpool the early lead with a stunning dribble and goal from an impossible angle but the Red's lead was extinguished through Ayew in the 23rd minute.

RVP was the man again and was truly Liverpool's best player this season with a free kick effort which returned us back into the lead. But I thought that the match reflected the impact of the fringe players who came earned their spots and showed that they cud step up with Guardado getting his second and a double from Schwegler which sealed the result for us.

I couldn't be prouder of the players out there and I achieved something which I didn't expect as my first season as manager of Liverpool...PROMOTION!!

There will be a season end report as well as a special report on our surprise promotion!

On the Liverpool transfer front

Pablo ZABALETA has completed his move to Liverpool from Barnsley in a swap deal for José BOSINGWA

Although Bosingwa won the RB position battle with Uchida, he's real life performances suggest that he may be in line for a drop from 90. Pleased with the business done as Zabaleta has been a regular under Mancini's Man City line up and has been a player I have admired and will compete with Uchida (his place to lose) for the RB spot

José CALLEJÓN has moved to Brighton and Hove Albion (Damien Sandow (Sethlark)) from US Palermo on a deal believed to be around 3,000,000 plus Evgeni MAKEEV.

Another big deal for Brighton, surprised that I even managed to win this bid, to be honest. Real short (no pun intended) on depth though so 2 for 1 bids are welcome!