EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

Liverpoolechologo.png

Liverpool: A season in review

brendan-rodgers-swansea-playoff-trophy_zps5617bf40.jpeg

Manager Glory Days holds Play Off Trophy after winning 5-1 over Hull City

Final League Position: 3rd

Liverpool captain Pepe Reina thought that while Liverpool’s promotion was a surprise to some' date=' the Reds were brimming with confidence coming into the finals series “We were confident that we could do it (get promoted), we all knew that if we did our jobs and played as a team we would gain promotion, the boss gave us that belief at the start of the season and although we didn’t always play well, we held a strong belief in our abilities”.

Funny what a season of change does to provide an upbeat perspective. Last season Liverpool were confined to mid table mediocrity under the disastrous reign of Jesse Roach who oversaw not only a 9th place finish but the relegation of one of the most prestigious clubs in England. The appointment of Glory Days was seen as a master stroke by Fenway Sport Group with his experience at promoting big clubs, pragmatism and building clubs around a philosophy.

Although most would deem Liverpool’s promotion into the Premier League as Glory Day’s greatest achievement this season, it was the rebuilding of the defence and solidarity of the back that was a greater highlight. Manager Glory Days had the job of rebuilding an aging defence which was seen to ‘creaking and leaking’ a number of crucial goals last season. Lowering the average age of the defence was a priority for Glory Days and he made a number of key acquisitions in the summer to help rebuild the defence.

An astute transfer was swapping former Liverpool hero Fernando Torres for Portuguese left back Fabio Coentrao, the dealing was met with much distaste however Liverpool were struggling to find a suitable left full back as the aging Moretti and Capedevila weren’t doing the job anymore and Coentrao has proven to be a good acquisition as the season has worn on.

[b']

High Point of the season: Play off final: Liverpool 5 Hull City 1

[/b]

When the final whistle was blown, a dream was finally realised by Liverpool. Promotion which was once a thing of optimism and conjecture was a reality for many millions of fans of Liverpool. Jubilation and relief flushed the face of supporters who had been on a roller coaster since they guaranteed a play-off place towards the final quarter of the season. A brace to Andres Guardado and Pirmin Schwegler along with RVP’s free kick finish sealed their promotion and in such emphatic fashion which suggests that the Reds may be headed for more than safety from relegation.

Low point of the season: English Cup round 3: Ipswich Town 1 Liverpool 0

A shock loss in the cup when it just wasn’t Liverpool’s night.

Player of the season and Golden Boot: Robin Van Persie

RVPcelebrates_zps0821c21c.jpg

The headline transfer coming into Liverpool after the arrival of manager Glory Days, Robin Van Persie came with the fan fare associated with a world class player however there were noticeable questions about the Dutchman’s mentality and ability to score goals. Added to that there were the departures of Fernando Torres, Frank Ribery and Daniel Sturridge who supplied 14 goals throughout the season.

However, Robin Van Persie has realised his potential at Liverpool by grabbing not only the player of the season but also the golden boot (16 goals). The importance of Van Persie cannot be simply explained statistically but by his impact on his team mates “RVP is world class player and the team is worser off when we don’t have him in the team” commented central defender Martin Caceres. His impact on scoring in the biggest occasions such as both play off matches has endeared him to the fans as much as to his manager “Robin is one of those special enigmatic players in the world game. There may have been detractors at the start of the season but now there can be no doubt, he is world class”

Fan’s player of the season: Martin Caceres

Martin-Caceres-commands_zps0f7dd262.jpg

A survivor of the Glory Days’ overhaul of Liverpool’s defensive unit, the Uruguayan International has quickly become ‘the rock’ along with fellow central defence partner Jean Kana-Biyik. Prior to Glory Days arrival, Caceres was used mostly as a left back but Glory Days shifted him to centre half and it has proven an inspired piece of management.

Since then, Liverpool had recorded the second lowest total of goals conceded in Division two, Caceres has emerged as a leader in the team and things are looking up for the Merseyside club.

Surprise Packet of the season: Albin Ekdal

ekdal_zpsec4c334a.jpg

Little was known about Albin Ekdal when he arrived at Anfield as a part of $14 million deal which saw Claudio Marchisio move to the Blue side of Merseyside. Most supporters considered Ekdal as a dead weight for the transfer of Marchisio to Everton however Ekdal has shown to be an important cog in the Liverpool machine on their way to promotion. Underperformances from initial central midfield pairing of Raul Meireles and Maroaune Felliani left the door ajar for Ekdal who had had impressive showings in their cup side and his eye for goal in a dead ball situations resulting in 9 goals for the Swedish International making him an integral part of the starting XI. His performances in the first team have been so remarkable that it has kept the likes of Felliani out of the side and some supporters have even suggested that if he had performed at this level at the start of the season he could have potentially taken the Player of the season.

Added my season review at Liverpool, quite an eventful season, so a lot to write about :P

Been a while since I've been on the forum. Last season was slightly lackluster with caution thrown to the wind. I went for glory and the English Shield. Rotherham United (IRL) have made it to the final of the League cup once and to just the 5th round of the FA cup. A semi-final loss to Newcastle United in an astonishingly high scoring game (7-3) was bitterly disappointing, considering the chance at promotion had pretty much been given up due to my best players being kept fit for the shield games. However, relegation was not in Rotherham's future.

A 17th place finish allows Rotherham another shot at promotion, for the first and only time in their history, to the top league in English football. Manager G'Les'P has made it clear that the cups were far too much of a distraction last year, and he has said that he will rest his starting lineup for every cup game, regardless of how far his B-squad brings them. He had this to say,

"Frankly, after missing out on a trophy because we were promoted after finishing second in Division 3, thus, we didn't win the division or the playoffs, I wanted to give the Rotherham fans some silverware. I spoke with the players, as well as the front office, and we decided, after winning a few games in the Shield, that we would go all in. We played incredibly well!

Though our first match against Don Caster Rovers was an expected win, we were heavy underdogs against Preston North End, yet, we won. We were underdogs to Stockport County, who ended up higher in the division than us, yet, we won. No one expected us to beat Fulham, but we won that one as well! We lost a game to a team that finished 11th in the top division, and frankly, I don't regret that we went for it. Had we brought that trophy to the New York Stadium, no one would be questioning my choices last season.

However, we didn't. Due to that, I will make it clear what we are trying to do this season. Our goal is to win Division 2. We may not have the best players, and I may not be the best manager. However, I believe we have the best team. The Millers have never made it to the top flight, and my greatest and truest goal in this job, since day 1, has been to rewrite Miller history."

Goal: Win Division 2

Estimated Points Required (EPR): 78

Points Earned: 0

Points Per Game Required(PPGR): 2.05

By the way, I have a number of transfers I'd love to see people grab:

Name--------------age-------rating----asking---Position

Oleksandr Aliev---27--------89--------15m/PE---AM(RLC)

Paolo Guerro------29--------89--------10m/PE---F©

Joel Griffiths----33--------81--------1.5m-----AM©F(RLC)

Erman Ozgur-------35--------80--------1m-------AM(RLC)

Jean-Eudes Maurice-26-------80--------2m-------AM(RL)F(RLC)

Vasil Gigiadze----35--------80--------1m-------AM©F(RLC)

Goal: Win Division 2

Estimated Points Required (EPR): 78

Points Earned: 0

Points Per Game Required(PPGR): 2.05

Brilliant post mate, you've done a great job at Rotherham. Let me know if Yarmo or Welbeck become available ;)

Iv been forced into signing Mathijsen due to the weakness I have we have at centre back. One of the benefits of the deal is that Palombo and Obi have gone who just ate up the wages. Got a lot of money left over in the bank and iv just piled it all into a favourite player of mine at external.

Balotelli can leave for a good offer.

Fernando LLORENTE has completed his move to Everton from Middlesbrough in a swap deal for Mario BALOTELLI

Bit of a risk for both sides, but fair nevertheless. Balotelli is going to be a risk for all sides, but now that the Man City chairman has promised that he's going nowhere, there is no chance of him going below 89.

Llorente on the other hand is definitely leaving Athletic Club, just hoping that he joins Juventus or another top team and carries on getting better. Now that Balotelli is gone, I hope that I can start using Gaitan a bit more to get rid of his concerns.

Bit of a risk for both sides' date=' but fair nevertheless. Balotelli is going to be a risk for all sides, but now that the Man City chairman has promised that he's going nowhere, there is no chance of him going below 89.

Llorente on the other hand is definitely leaving Athletic Club, just hoping that he joins Juventus or another top team and carries on getting better. Now that Balotelli is gone, I hope that I can start using Gaitan a bit more to get rid of his concerns.[/quote']

Exactly my thought,it's risk exchange i must say :D . I already have Pato and Cardozo thought who can play as CF,so Balotelli's flexibility as winger will help during long season

First trophy of the season!!

Charity Shield is ours!

Manchester United 1-0 Brighton And Hove Albion

Dzeko's early goal was enough to see off Brighton and lift our first silverware. After a string of good results in the preseason the team was ready to prove itself in a competitive game, even though without the services of Navas and Pique due to injury.

First trophy of the season!!

Charity Shield is ours!

Manchester United 1-0 Brighton And Hove Albion

Dzeko's early goal was enough to see off Brighton and lift our first silverware. After a string of good results in the preseason the team was ready to prove itself in a competitive game' date=' even though without the services of Navas and Pique due to injury.[/quote']

Congrats mate, over the past week Brighton has faced no less than 4 Div 1 teams. In a rematch of the Cup final, we played to a goalless draw against PNE, lost to Sunderland 1-3 and actually won 3-1 against Arsenal. No shame in a narrow loss against such dominant champions. I'll want to bring this form into Div 2, you can't run unless you learn how to walk.

Port Vale Season Preview

Port Vale enter the new season full of confidence after their record braking year. We won Division 3 after securing 92 points and scoring 115 goals (42 of which scored by Ideye Brown!).

The main problem was however, due to low attendances, I was losing a lot of money each week and was in debt all season. So we finished the season in debt and with only 21 players.

I didn't want to destabilise the squad by making changes during the season, so when it was finished we were able to enter the transfer market.

Firstly Montoya was sold to Burnley for Piazon, Gnabry and 4.2M. The extra player and cash was important to enable me to buy from external again.

Risers from Germany, Lumiya, Rode and Vogt (+8 today!) and Ezekiel from Belguim were brought in to give the squad more depth.

I swapped Mamaev for Hunt. Sold Cerci and brought in Hamouma. The new players were the same ratings but could play in better positions and added squad value.

In a big internal deal with Middlesborough, I let Matuidi go in exchange for Gargano and Nolito, greatly improving my squad depth.

Finally yesterday I secured two great signings from external. I brought in goalkeeper Szczesny swapping out my previous goalkeeper Mihaylov and 800k. Bruno Cesar joined in exchange for Torje and 2.3M.

I know Division 2 will be alot bigger challenge than Divs 3 and 4, but I feel my squad is now in a lot better shape and who knows I may be able to win this division too.

I will celebrate my 150th game in the set up soon and as I'm on 299 points hopefully will reach the 300 mark even sooner.

Good luck everyone!!!

Liverpool would like to announce their first signing of the new season :D

Nicolas LOMBAERTS has completed his move to Liverpool from Real Madrid for 3,500,000 plus Franck BÉRIA . All other offers were turned down.

Really, really glad to have secured Lombaerts to the club, it was a very close run bidding war with fellow Division 1 promoted side Carlise United and I thought that they had won the war with Andres Santos and 2.5 million but to my surprise we got our man!

A trade of Beria and 3.5 million for one of the best available centre halves in externals is well worth it in my eyes. Beria has had limited chances to play since I signed Zabaleta and the versatile Catherine Theophile to the club.

Looking to sign possibly 1-2 more players to strengthen for the upcoming season.

Jefferson Farfan 91, Gabriel Obertan 86 and Soritis Ninis 87 are still open to offers, feel free to PM me or put in a bid if interested.

The Wigan Athletic chairman has appointed patrik olsson as the clubs new manager.

Decided to have a go at this gw and joined last night.

Nice timing as the new season starts tomorrow, hopefully I can live up to the expectations..

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

Norwich 0-1 Shorpe

Bad start to the season. After the disappointing playoffs last season I was hoping to getting off to a good start this season but it wasn't so.

Brought in loanee Gundogan and new signing Djourou and they came on as substitutes but couldn't do anything to the scoreline. Despite all the shots we had compared to the other team we just couldn't score today.

May feel the loss of Schaars to Liverpool this season.

MANCHESTER UNITED 0-4 MANCHESTER CITY

High point of the season already. Doubles to Alves and Gomez. Thrilled. Broken a long streak of losses to United last season.

this makes me happy :)

I was beaten 4-0 in another GW lastnight and it annoyed me to say the least.........but now I can sleep easy knowing freak results just happen :P

A late match report since I was working this weekend...

Season kick off and my first game in charge of Wigan came against Rotherham United away. Wigan completely dominated the possesion and the chances but just couldn't get it in.

Result was still 0-0 until the 85th minute when Cavani attempted a long shot that went perfectly in the top corner. 0-1 which then became the end result.

Edinson_Cavani_12.jpg

Man of the match

Now let's see if I can build on this and get a good run going.

Next up is Bolton at home on wednesday, unfortunatly it's probably a day or two too early to get L.Anderson back from the injury he picked up during the Rotherham match. But Assaidi is ready to step in, in his place and I'm sure he'll do well.