EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

Millwall 1 Liverpool 2

Liverpool began their ascendency to the Premier League with a 2-1 win over fellow promoted side Millwall. RVP and Ekdal got the goals while Nainggolan chimed in with one for Millwall. In truth, we dominated the opportunities and possession but I was worried the Millwall might be able to equalise towards the end of the match, thankfully they didn't and it caps off a good week of transfers with a win.

Unfortunately Meireles picked up an injury for 9 days but gives other players an opportunity to shine.

In transfer news

Stijn SCHAARS has completed his move to Liverpool from Norwich City for 2,500,000 plus Johan DJOUROU

Grateful to the Norwich manager for getting the deal done quickly and signing a quality player in the centre of midfield which would not only give us depth but experience. Since the arrival of Lombaraets from Zenit, Djourou was deemed surplus to requirements and I thought it was a good trade for all.

Possibly looking for one more transfer to complete my off season dealings

Next up is Newcastle

Gary Mack earned a draw with Derby County against Southampton.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Derby County and Southampton in their Division 1 fixture.

Hulk scored the only goal for Derby County and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

derbys poor form continues as we get pounded.....and I mean pounded....at home to the saints.

we still scrape through with our only shot on goal (Hulk pen)

some would say the sign of champions :P

Wigan Athletic outclassed Bolton Wanderers and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Cavani scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Assaidi and Gervinho were also amongst the goalscorers.

2 out of 2, and I'm off to a flying start. Leno was great tonight, saving a penalty and keeping a clean sheet.. But MoM was the beastly Cavani (again) with 1 goal and 1 assist.

Poor 1-3 loss to Hull, this is the second time Brighton has lost to Hull by this scoreline in recent memory. :P(See EC 26335 for more details) Yilmaz got our goal and he has been our sole shining light, scoring in all of the past 3 matches since his rise to 89. Even worse is to come as we face Burnley, and I can't play Filipe or Bradley since they are tired. :(

Liverpool 3 Newcastle 3

A six goal thriller which resulted in the Toons and Reds sharing the points. Defence was thrown out the window today and attacking football was the winner. Liverpool came back three times in the game to secure a fair point at Anfield. Falcao scored the opener then Guardado's header equalised, Dzsudzsak gave Newcastle the lead on the half hour mark but Kana-Biyik equalised shortly after.

Kyle Walker then grabbed the lead again on 63 minutes but RVP converted from the pen spot to get us a point. Another reason for cheer was the signing of Giuseppi Rossi coming off the bench and although he didn't score, there will be better things to come for him :D

In transfer news:

Liverpool (exactly simon) have decided to swap Jefferson FARFAN and Gabriel OBERTAN for Giuseppe ROSSI of Stoke City (Mister Malcolm).

Many thanks to Mister Malcolm for the quick negotiations and transfer of Rossi who I have admired for a long time.

I was looking for a genuine striker as opposed to Farfan who was a makeshift option. Although I think I overpaid for Rossi, if he can get over his injury ravaged career in real life and can seal his move to up and coming Fiorentina, I can see this deal panning out for me.

Next up is Preston North End

Finally a victory for us.

11' Michael BRADLEY receives the ball from wide and hits an instant pass to Burak YILMAZ.

YILMAZ attacks the ball close to goal.

GOAL!! - PATRICIO can't get down in time and the ball flies past his hand.

19' GÓMEZ skins the defender and gets in a cross from the by-line.

YILMAZ tries his luck with a looping header.

GOAL!! - The ball drops over the line.

Yilmaz made the difference and he's now 3rd in the goalscoring charts with 4 goals.

22' Guillaume GILLET tries to tackle Moussa DEMBÉLÉ but gets the man instead of the ball.

Free kick to Burnley directly in front of goal.

INLER puts his laces through it.

JOURDREN makes a despairing dive.

GOAL!! - The ball flies in.

Inler made it 2-1.

76' GÓMEZ takes the ball in-field and plays in ELISEU.

ELISEU wriggles through the defence and into the penalty area.

He tries to put a shot low past the keeper.

GOAL!! - The ball zips past the dive of PATRICIO and into the net.

Luck shined on us for this one, with all 3 shots on target going in, but it was fair since we had more possession. Next up is Chelsea and I'll want to derail them like Fulham usually does.

Away to a strong Liverpool and somehow I'm dissapointed we dropped points. Preston were the better side, dominating early play, bender Bossing the game. Palacio early goal was cancelled out by a fine ekdal attempt. Nordic shamed his price tag by not converting a penalty, and in the end Liverpool held on for a draw. Wiese, the record games holder for Preston, was superb in his final match for the club saving everything that came his way. He will be given a hero's departure as he heads to Bremen tomorrow.

Away to a strong Liverpool and somehow I'm dissapointed we dropped points. Preston were the better side' date=' dominating early play, bender Bossing the game. Palacio early goal was cancelled out by a fine ekdal attempt. Nordic shamed his price tag by not converting a penalty, and in the end Liverpool held on for a draw. Wiese, the record games holder for Preston, was superb in his final match for the club saving everything that came his way. He will be given a hero's departure as he heads to Bremen tomorrow.[/quote']

Liverpool 1 Preston North End 1

Good game mate, in truth Preston played the better football and reduced RVP to only one chance in the game. If not for Pepe Reina's brilliant save from Modric's spot kick, you would have celebrated a well deserved win.

Ekdal got our only goal but we did have our chances and not for Weise we could have got an unlikely win. Kana Biyik picked up a minor injury and may be in doubt for the next match against West Ham, Schwegler had his second bad game, so Cambiasso may have a chance in the starting XI.

Next up is West Ham