EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

milanove novakovic makes his way out of hillsborough in a crucial season for the sheffield side, when manager Dylan Wilkinson was interviewed he said

"Novakovic leaving Wednesday is a serious low blow to the team but the money we were offered was extraordinary for the value and at least he wont be going to a rival club in such a good season needed, anyway the money we offered could easily buy us an experienced superstar and a young player with the potential to be a superstar to replace him"

Peterborough United 3-3 Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield Wednesday's first game without novakovic was a decent result with a considerably higher standard rating starting XI for peterborough faces underdogs sheffield wednesday. The first goal came in on the 3rd minute when B.Gomis blasted a goal in to pute peterborough in front early. On the 25th minute Vladimir Weiss equalised for the away side in what would end up a 6 goal thriller in a really good game.

Now Peterborough are 10th in the league and sheffield wednesday 11th both on equal 5 points

Dylan Wilkinson sheffield wednesdays manager speech:

"today we were set with a tough challenge as we traveled away to peterborough united but showed what we were worth as we held them to a draw. Now our only focus is staying high in the league and about halfway through the season we will decide on other goals for my first season. Regaining promotion will most probably be one."

Controversy At Stamford Bridge

Visitors Have Goal Disallowed As Chelsea Battle Back To Take Point

38' José CALLEJÓN heads the ball back across the box from a free kick.

YILMAZ gets to the ball first and tries to loop a header over the keeper.

GOAL!! - The keeper can't reach it as it dips in.

Brighton gained a point on their travels at the Jose Mourinho fortress of Stamford Bridge. While this would usually be considered excellent, Brighton were left feeling robbed as at 1-0 up, they had a goal disallowed by a dubious offside.

CONGRÉ wins the ball. He takes it forward and plays a defence splitting through ball.

YILMAZ tries to dink it over keeper.

The ball dips over the outstretched hand of ČECH.

GOAL!! - It drops into the goal.

OFFSIDE! - The flag is up and the goal is disallowed.

Clearly, the linesman saw Yilmaz run behind the last defender before the through ball was made, a decision which the in form Turkish striker believes is untrue.

Yilmaz says:

Why would I be offside? I'd have enough pace to beat the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole.

Offside notwithstanding, Chelsea fielded a GK (Hilario) alongside Man Of The Match Capoue, which made the result even harder to stomach.

It's ridiculous that Chelsea actually chose to play a GK in midfield when there are better options available. Furthermore, the manager has been absent for 21 days. If that's the protocol in the team, then they are getting nowhere near the promotion spots. And if the protocol of SM is to condone such teams, then don't expect me to manage an international team anytime soon.*waves to fourth wall*

Brighton will look to recover against Leicester this weekend.

Well, I think that's the way SM "repays" me for that fortunate victory against Burnley.

West Ham 1 Liverpool 2

Albin Ekdal's brace gave Liverpool the three points over West Ham, the plucky Swedish International once again showed his value for the team by providing a game changing performance. The match was a very even affair and in truth, I'm glad to get away with the result although the stats suggest that we had more shots on target and shots at goal, so possibly a well deserved win.

Lombaerts slotted in for the injured Kana Biyik who couldn't make the first XI due to fitness issues. Felliani's good performance may keep Miereles out of the first XI for the time being and Uchida's good form is keeping new signing Zabeleta on the bench.

Next up is my first big derby against current champions Man Utd, should be an interesting yard stick to indicate where my team is at this season.

After a few draws where we should have taken points, Preston pick up a victory against an experienced derby side despite having the lesser of stats. A palacio again started us off, but it was the recently risen German contingent getting the job done, bender was strong in midfield, unnerstall in hos first game was immense for a clean sheet and gotze finally hitting some form, got both assists.. Unfortunately gotze will have to sit on the sidelines for a while after picking up an injury ruling out our star player

175px-Sheffield_Wednesday.svg.png&w=175&h=203&ei=mgf7UMGKDOns0gXZ_YGIDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=179&dur=118&hovh=162&hovw=140&tx=58&ty=74&sig=104840941969162378116&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=120&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:1481-2Blackburn%252520Rover%252520FC.gif&w=596&h=618&ei=cAj7UPzbMeGg0QXfsoCYDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=145&dur=2114&hovh=229&hovw=220&tx=66&ty=143&sig=104840941969162378116&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=134&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:145

Sheffield Wednesday slump to a 2-1 defeat against blackburn rovers. After going up 1-0 in 18 minutes things were seeming hopefull for a sheffield wednesday squad thats just getting back on their feet. First of all the team got relegated from division 1 and to make things worse they only got their manager in the pre-season when the new season was about to start.

After the match we had an interview with Wilkinson sheffield wednesdays manager.

Interviewer-"So how did todays game go for you?"

Wilkinson-"Well i was quite disgusted with the result today, i know what my team is capable of and they just arent doing what they can too win games. When we went up 1-0 i thought we were going to turn around whats been a bad run for us and dropping alot of points in the league over careless errors."

After their defeat sheffield wednesday are now 14th in the league.

But its not all bad news after this game Blackburn Rovers are now joint top of the league equal on 13 points with sheffield united.

2328170501.jpg&w=595&h=420&ei=Vgr7UP36Meel0AWV9YHgDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=571&vpy=164&dur=4453&hovh=189&hovw=267&tx=158&ty=125&sig=104840941969162378116&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=182&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:105

Giles Coke celebrating after his goal today.

Preston with their 3rd dissapointing draw of the season, this time 2-0 up at st James courtesy of a double Nordic free kick show, we let them back in. Despite some dirty play from the host in tjge last 15 to hang on (including 2 yellows and a red) they managed to salvage. A draw.

Preston havenow drew 3 games from superior posifions 3 times this campaign against highly rated opponents, the only loss an opening day thumping by lowly leeds!

Niall Taylor earned a draw with West Bromwich Albion against Leeds United.

The match ended 2 - 2 between West Bromwich Albion and Leeds United in their Division 1 fixture.

Torres scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Adriano was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Drop to 3rd, delighted with our start though:D

Manchester United 4-1 Liverpool

Was waiting eagerly for the most exiting game in English football after not being present for some seasons. Fortunately, my players were expecting this game with the same determination as their manager as they trashed their arc-rivals. Wonder kid Labyad opened the score and Ronaldo made it 2-0 and Navas scored the 3rd soon after. Kranjcar reduced the gap to just two goals but Ronaldo restored the 3 goal lead in the 88th minute. So we are now 6th, 2 points from first but its still too early to look at the table.

From other news, managed to beat off competition to sign Puyol. Offered a hefty amount of cash and some decent two upcoming defenders but I have enough depth to cope with that. Oddly enough, I have 5 Barca players in my team compared to the 3 from Real Madrid (being a Real Madrid fan). Also 3 players from Manchester City but only 2 from Manchester United :P

Wigan 1-0 Rotherham United

Barnsley 3-3 Rotherham United

Port Vale 1-1 Rotherham United

Tottenham 1-1 Rotherham United

Reading 0-1 Rotherham United

The first five games of the season paint a deceiving picture of the Millers. An unfortunate start to the season saw Rotherham unable to stave off the Wigan onslaught. After selling their top goalie, Rotherham saw a 2-0 and a 3-2 lead against Barnsley slip away, souring Matuszczyk's first career hat trick. A very early goal by Port Vale was off set by a 16th minute goal by Kobiyasi. However, no more offense could be generated by the Millers as Guerrero went down with injury, softening the front line of Rotherham. A better quality goalie clearly needed with the top class of the Hotspurs looming, Rotherham picked up Abbiati who was unable to save a top class shot by Jermaine Defoe. When all looked hopeless for the Millers, though, Aliyev slotted in a game tying goal in the 85th minute, sending the New York Stadium into madness as the Millers escaped with a 3rd consecutive draw. With new goalie in place and a first win of the season being crucial 5 games into the season, Danny Welbeck performed magnificently, scoring in the 23rd minute. Abbiati earned his first clean sheet for the Millers, and Rotherham jumped up to a virtual tie for 10th place, trailing 4th by just 3 points. Next up on the schedule is the mighty Fulham who have managed 4 wins in 5 games and a healthy 13 goal differential early in the season. Rotherham have won the last two meetings between these teams, including a win in the English Shield quarter final last year. Fulham, much improved, will certainly be looking to do all they can to end Rotherham's 4 game undefeated run.

Goal: Win Division 2

Estimated Points Required: 78

Pace Needed at the moment: 10

Points Earned: 6

Points Per Game Required: 2.05

Points Per Game Earned: 1.2

Preston with draw number 4 already and again from a leading position. At least this time it was a goof draw, not a dominant failure to capitalise. Emmanuelson took the lead early before millwall equalised. Unnerstall then kept out a tide of shots, holding on for the point.

Seems I only struggle vs lower rated sides lol

West Brom 1 Liverpool 3

Liverpool bounced back from the trouncing at the hands of the Red Devils with a solid win over West Brom. Ekdal grabbed a double who is undoubtedly the player season at this early stage of the season with 6 goals in 6 games and RVP got another important goal to close out the game. Good game Niall!

In a game where we played very well, I kept faith with the side that was trounced by Man Utd and they repaid my faith in full.

We move up to 5th with the victory with hopes of Europe.

Next up is Aston Villa

Liverpool 1 Manchester United 4

Current Champions Man United showed their credentials with a resounding 4-1 win over fierce rivals Liverpool. In a much hyped game, the Red Devils outclassed the Merseyside outfit. I used the wrong tactics and Man Utd made us pay and we were never in this match as they dominated possession and chances at goal.

We had to regroup for the West Brom game.

West Brom 1 Liverpool 3

Liverpool bounced back from the trouncing at the hands of the Red Devils with a solid win over West Brom. Ekdal grabbed a double who is undoubtedly the player season at this early stage of the season with 6 goals in 6 games and RVP got another important goal to close out the game. Good game Niall!

Yeah Ekdal seems unstoppable, ive been pretty inconsistent so far, but deserved win for you there;)

Fulham 1-0 Rotherham United

A disappointing loss as the stats were somewhat even. Losing in possession and corners, though seemed to do me in. Though the Millers unbeaten run ends at 4, a solid performance was turned in, considering Fulham had better rated players at 10 of the 11 positions. Next up is sheffield Wednesday. Rotherham sit in a precarious position in the bottom half of the table, but close enough to jump right up into a playoff spot with the right combination of results. Frankly, 6 points from the first 6 games is dissapointing, but a rating increase for Sebastian Jung, putting my 3 CBs at 88 is positive. The trade of my injured striker Guerrero for younger winger Capel reduces my wages as well as making my oldest starter (besides my goalie) 27. This group of young, talented individuals are looking to get promoted this year, but as long as they stay together and keep improving as they have, Rotherham United have a very bright future with some amazing potential!