EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

I believe i took them over to stop the Isco deal going to external.

why would you need to do that?

Its not as if someone is buying from unmanaged?

you need to remember, when people see decent players at external it makes them join the league, as they see they can improve their squad ;)

the more players that leave there clubs and go back to external the better

why would you need to do that?

Its not as if someone is buying from unmanaged?

you need to remember' date=' when people see decent players at external it makes them join the league, as they see they can improve their squad ;)

the more players that leave there clubs and go back to external the better[/quote']

Didn't you see the deal ? They got rid of gotze for Isco and someone eles.Then Isco leaves for cash ? Kind of hard on a new manager to take.Losing two wonderful talents.

If i joined that club and they just lost Isco and gave away Gotze to get him.Then i would leave straight away.

Also they was my old club and i feel bad for them.

Rotherham United 4-0 Chelsea

A shocking win for Rotherham United. It was always going to be a difficult feat for Chelsea to come into the New York Stadium and push Rotherham around, but coming off two straight losses, the Millers went out with something to prove. After Cisma pocketed a goal to put Rotherham up 1-0 in the 19th, Yarmolenko decided to end the game in the first half, knocking in a brace within 12 minutes, the second in the 42nd minute. As Chelsea started to pry late in the second half, hoping to at least look respectable, Capel took advantage of a hard foul and knocked a free kick in to increase the deficit to 4 goals before the whistle blew 11 minutes later.

A tremendous win for United sees them climb into the top half of the table, just 3 points shy of a playoff spot. The 4 goals also increases their GD to 5, fourth best in Division 2 and their GF to 24, tied for third best in the league. Though still early in the season, these tie breaking factors could help Rotherham find themselves in a playoff spot before too long. If they can reach those heights, expect them to be looking to climb higher before they even consider falling out of those top 6 spots!

Also, that 4-0 win against Chelsea marks my 100th win with Rotherham United and my 100th win total in this setup! Here's to another 100 and making the dream of bringing division 4 Rotherham all the way to Division 1!

If I am able to bring Rotherham to those heights, we would be just the 4th team to progress to Division 1 after, at some point, being in Division 4. Southend United progressed between Season 4 and Season 7, winning an automatic promotion spot each season, but bouncing back down at the end of Season 7. In season 10 they again were relegated to Division 3 and now sit in 19th position, posturing to become the only team to ever go from Division 4 to Division 1 and back!

Leeds United have a rich history! After winning Division 4 in Season 3 they went on to win a playoff spot in Season 4. They would take 2 seasons to advance, again winning the playoffs in Division 2, before finding themselves in Division 1 during Season 7 with Southend United. However, Leeds have been the archetype compared to Southend. They have competed to an extent each season in Division 1 and remain there, participating in their 5th straight season of top tier football!

Carlisle United were division 4 champions in Season 5. Following Leeds path, they made it into Division 2 with a playoff win the next season. As Leeds and Southend competed in Division 1 in season 7, Carlisle hoped to join them. However, they missed out, finishing in 7th place. Season 8 was disappointing as it saw them finish last and drop back into Division 3. In Season 9 they came back even stronger, winning Division 3 this time. Season 10 saw them again impress as they finished runner ups and now are competing in the top tier during Season 11, looking to become just the second team to avoid relegation after advancing from Division 4.

That brings me to Rotherham United. If Rotherham were able to advance, they would become the 4th team to run the gambit, advancing from Division 4 to Division 1. They would also follow suit of automatic promotees, (Leeds United in Season 3, Southend United in Season 4, and Carlisle United in Season 5) after their Division triumph in Season 6. Though they were unable to immediately advance to Division 2, Rotherham followed through in Season 9, gaining automatic promotion again by finishing runners up to Carlisle United and advancing to Division 2 football. Now they look to make it to Division 1 for Season 12.

A few notes. Though Rotherham United are obviously the team I'm most interested in advancing, Port Vale, Brighton & Hove Albion, and Stockport County all sit in Division 2 this season with me, and all have advanced from Division 4 at some point (Port Vale in Season 6 with me, Brighton & Hove Albion in Season 4, and Stockport County in Season 7). If any of the 4 of us advance to Division 1, it would be the first time a team advanced to Division 1 after starting the setup (Season 1) in Division 4 (Carlisle, Southend, and Leeds all began in Division 3).

It should also be noted that Southend, Rotherham, Port Vale, and Stockport County have never reached the top tier in either this setup nor in real life.

Now that I have spent a little time procrastinating, I am off to do homework :D

Preston got some small measure of revenge, beating Yeovil in the shield. Yeovil upsettthe odds in the cup last week, a 89 min equaliser taking the game to a penalty win for Yeovil.

Preston had scares at half time 0-0 but ran out 3-0 and it should have been more had Yeovil star goalie rhyzikov jot made 26 (yes 26!) Saves. Yeovil went down to 10 men in 13 mins and 9 men in 34 but still held on 0-0 at half time.

Manager Cam Lucas dressed his team down for their lack of composure and clinical finishing in front of goal. 2 goals in 4 mins after the restart from Traore and palacio set up a win, before gotze found the net late on. A total of 50 (yes 50!) Shots from Preston swarmed the oppositon and despite 29 being on target could only manage a 3-0.

After the game Lucas had this to say

"sure, its a good win and the next round as is expected of us, but to lose to them last week, and to waste so many opportunities to bury them this time is appalling. We will be working intensively on scoring this week, and the attackers will not be guaranteed a spot if they are to be so wasteful"

Speculation is rife that Mirallas could see the exit door for his poor conversion rates, by time will tell if a suitable bid will be received to entice Lucas to sell.

Dylan Wilkinson appointed new manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

Sheffield Wednesday are currently bottom of the league with only 7 points 13 games in so hopefully this can be resolved.

Main aim this season: avoid relegation

Welcome man!

In a see-sawing tie at the stadium of light Preston came from 2-0 down to clinch (another) draw finishing 3-3. The win was enough to put Preston up to 6th and even get kroitz off the bottom.

despite dominatingh early play, Preston found themself down by two at the half thanks mainly to elia and ganso. A wonderstrike from Sunderland transfer target Badstuber and another from main man up front palacio brought it level. Another fine elia goal out the visitors down, but Modric saved the day with the equaliser. Jantschke missed an 89 min opportunity to snatch the fhame and the game ended level.

Rumour mill has it mirallas may leave for the right price, and that aleksandr Anyukov may have made a verbal request to leave!

WEDNESDAY UNVEIL NEW SIGNING!

Charlie Mulgrew was today anounced as Sheffield Wednesday's newest signing. Charlie will join boss wilkinson as another Scotsman at the English club if he passes his medical.

Wilkinson said

"I am proud to bring in a high callibre player like Charlie while the club is going through a bad patch, he is second of many who could and should possibly improve the squad to avoid relegation."

Charlie Mulgrew will join the other new signing firmino in the midfield in the next 24 hours.

In other news anyone want a friendly this Saturday?

WEDNESDAY UNVEIL NEW SIGNING!

Charlie Mulgrew was today anounced as Sheffield Wednesday's newest signing. Charlie will join boss wilkinson as another Scotsman at the English club if he passes his medical.

Wilkinson said

"I am proud to bring in a high callibre player like Charlie while the club is going through a bad patch' date=' he is second of many who could and should possibly improve the squad to avoid relegation."

Charlie Mulgrew will join the other new signing firmino in the midfield in the next 24 hours.

In other news anyone want a friendly this Saturday?[/quote']

I'll entertain you if you like.......................and catch me on chat as I may have a few other players available for cash ;)

Port Vale 4 - 2 Reading

Back to back wins over Reading. Now up to 6th!

Congrats on that win. I'm rooting for you to go up this season, though, I will gladly step on your face if it improves my chances of going up instead :)

Rotherham United 2-0 Cardiff City

Massive second win on the trot for the Millers who have knocked in 6 goals in the past two games without conceding one. After moving up to 8th place, Rotherham stands just 3 points back of 5th place Chelsea and 6th place Port Vale, holding an advantage in goal difference and goals scored over both teams.

Though Rotherham have been fantastic in the last 2 games, and posted a 3-1-2 record over the previous 6, they face their toughest test of the season tomorrow in Hull City. Hull currently sit second in the division with an impressive record of 8-3-3 to Rotherham's 5-5-4. Hull have also won 5 on the trot to Rotherham's 2. Finally, Hull have outscored the Millers in their previous 2 meetings 11-3, with an 8-2 ensnarement over Rotherham sticking in everyone's minds and in the Rotherham history books as their worse loss ever.

Given all this, manager G'Les'P said, "We expect this to be a tough game. They've got Hart in goal, but we've got Welbeck and Yarmolenko firing well. I'd be happy with a point, though I believe the 3 would allow us to leapfrog at least 1 team and make an attempt at a playoff spot. We have time,though. This won't make or break our season, but it could certainly be a game people look back at towards the end of the season and point to as a sign of where we will be at that time.

Also, welcome Dylan. Take a look at my team and perhaps we can work out some type of loan or transfer.

FULL MATCH REPORT

Sheffield Wednesday so far have two people in on loan in since being brought under rule by Wilkinson, Alexander Merkel and Marco Veratti. This season we have signed Roberto Firmino from Derby for 12 million, Charlie Mulgrew from Celtic for 6.5 million, Anthony Gardner from Crystal Palace for 3.8 million and Gilfi Sigurdson from Derby for 6.5 million.

So far we are still bottom of the table with 7 points. 2nd place has 12 points but with the new signings and people loaned in we will hopefully turn this mess around.

Starting XI:

Average Rating:87 (was 85 before i was manager)

Average Age:25 (was 26 before i was manager)

Average Value: 6.7 mill

Draw For Wednesday Brings Hope To Fans

Sheffield Wednesday have managed to hold Wigan Athletic to a 1-1 draw. After unveiling new signings Wilkinson said this is the first stage of the money they spent paying off.

"I came to this club and we had a strong squad on paper and over 100million budget, but we had no good results. I have signed a few players and loaned in a few players. This result today is just the first stage of that paying off. Now we need to work on maintaining these results and hope to avoid relegation."