EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

Re: EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

Sittting deep in the relegation zone for much of the season and for at least the last 10 games, it all came down to the final league game against West Ham. We needed a win, a Port Vale loss and Carlisle failing to win, to stay up. We were undefeated in our last 6 heading into this game but had only won 2 of these with the other 4 being draws.

In a big call by KopStar, the previous formation was scraped for a 3-4-2-1 formation as such:

Courtois

Azpilicueta-Silva-Varane

Coutinho-Rakitic-Muller-Henderson

Pogba-Lacazette

Sturridge

The pre-match comments about the formation were centred around complete amazement. Azipilicueta a CB? Coutinho and Henderson as wingbacks? Muller at a CM? A formation with 3 defenders, 6 midfields and a forward?

But it took only 5 minutes to silence the doubters. Phillipe Coutinho was not at all a right wing back but instead a marauding right winger who,constantly caused problems down West Ham's right hand side. It was apparent that this was part of the tactics. Whilst attacking this side of the field was the plan, it was the sudden switches to find a Lacazette run that was another source of trouble. Ivan Rakitic managed to find Lacazette in space, who beat a man before squaring the ball for Coutinho. His first touch was a shot-fake before cutting across his marker and smashing the ball into the roof of the net. 1-0 Manchester City.

12 minutes later came big news from Old Traffod. Neves had put United 1-0 up over Port Vale. Manchester City's cross town rivals were doing them a favour. 2 minutes later, another team trying to fight for survival, Carlisle were 1-1 with Arsenal.

38 minutes in and, playing some of the best football of any team this season, Lacazette was once again found on a cross field switch, this time by Thomas Muller. After bringing down the long ball, he cut the ball across the face of goal to find Phillipe Countinho. The Brazillian skipped past 2 markers before chipping the West Ham keeper 2-0 City and the live table had them out of the relegation zone for the first time in months.

2 minutes later, even better news came in. Phillip Lahm had put United 2-0 ahead.

In the second half City continued to play brilliant football but failed to add to their lead. With 15 minutes to go, Rafinha and Bruno Martins Indi were subbed on for Henderson and star of the show, Lacazette as City went for a 5-4-1 to be certain of the result.

Arsenal put Carlisle to the sword, scoring 3 goals to win 4-1. United went on the win 3-1.

As the full time whistle blew and the club celebrated their survival the fans began chanting the manager's name again. They knew he would be too good to let them go down.

When I took Arsenal over they were 7 points adrift and second bottom in the league we have managed to steer the club to 15th Place finish but next season will see my stamp on the side come into play.

When I took Arsenal over they were 7 points adrift and second bottom in the league we have managed to steer the club to 15th Place finish but next season will see my stamp on the side come into play.

Thats a great effort.

Still Id put this survival against all odds (I think we spent most of the season in the relegation spots. We had 7 games undefeated to end the season and even with that it took the last game to get out. Must have been in the drop for a good 15+ games. One of my better SM achievements especially where I gambled everything today with the formation.

Courtois

Azpilicueta-Silva-Varane

Coutinho-Rakitic-Muller-Henderson

Pogba-Lacazette

Sturridge

How in the hell were you in the relegation zone with that side in the first place?

More like Carver than Pulis I reckon...

How in the hell were you in the relegation zone with that side in the first place?

More like Carver than Pulis I reckon...

Well I won my last 7...thats more than Carver's won in his managerial career!

And I fully blame the manager that managed them in the middle of the season for being at the bottom. They were second last when I took over. Im more a cross of Pep Guardiola and Tony Pulis.

Pretty happy with this. Sure its two young talents going to Southampton but it brings in a very decent CB, which Ive lacked.

Varane-Thiago Silva-Koscielny-Azpilicueta

is a lot nicer than what I had for lots of last season:

Rafinha-Varane-Azpilicueta

Forgot all about the start of the season and left in my 3-3-4 formation with the kids from the friendlies.

Got pumped 3-0 by Villa.

Cash (and squad numbers) are scarce at Liverpool, so some 'Arry Redknapp wheeling and dealing might have to come into play.

Forgot all about the start of the season and left in my 3-3-4 formation with the kids from the friendlies.

Got pumped 3-0 by Villa.

Cash (and squad numbers) are scarce at Liverpool' date=' so some 'Arry Redknapp wheeling and dealing might have to come into play.

[/quote']

Signing Defore then :P

:D. Arm out the car window' date=' signing Rio, Defoe and Crouchy on deadline day.

Done deal.[/quote']

Defoe and Crouch up front. Im trembling in fear haha.

In breaking news, we've agreed to re-sign Thiago Alcantara. Hefty fee with Lorenzo Insigne and Mauro Icardi joining West Ham.

With Insigne stagnating and Icardi well down the pecking order, we intiially tried to get Icardi to head to Port Vale in a Kane deal but when it was clear that wasnt working we re-evaluated what we wanted to do. An Insigne bid was bade (an offered P/E with Nani) and we decided on this deal.

As always this further stacks me in the middle with Pirlo, Rakitic, Pogba, Henderson, Coutinho, Griezemann and now Thiago as options. Though with Icardi gone, our attacking options are still very healthy with Muller, Lacazette (how about that swap with Balotelli that I did), Sturridge, Griezemann and Sturridge being more than handy.

• 1 month later...

After 114 games and promotion to the top flight I'm resigning from Swindon Town. Built a nice squad if very small and leaving the club with a little money to work with. Since joining I have graduated from Uni, qualified as a pharmacist and got a new job working all over Manchester so I dont have the time to maintain the club.

After 114 games and promotion to the top flight I'm resigning from Swindon Town. Built a nice squad if very small and leaving the club with a little money to work with. Since joining I have graduated from Uni' date=' qualified as a pharmacist and got a new job working all over Manchester so I dont have the time to maintain the club.[/quote']

Massive shame to see you go but really enjoyed having you in here. Is this the end of you in the forum or just culling some teams

Pretty happy with my recent victory over ladder leaders Everton. Goals to Lacazette and Thiago got us a 2-0 victory.

Also lets just have a moment to appreciate one of my few brilliant deals (I do far more shockers than beauties in here)...the sale of Balotelli for Lacazette and Thorgan Hazard.

Pretty happy with my recent victory over ladder leaders Everton. Goals to Lacazette and Thiago got us a 2-0 victory.

Also lets just have a moment to appreciate one of my few brilliant deals (I do far more shockers than beauties in here)...the sale of Balotelli for Lacazette and Thorgan Hazard.

Good deal that. Thanks for beating Everton im within a game of firtst.. unheard of!

• 4 weeks later...