EC2933 Discussion Thread- VACANCIES SO JOIN THE FUN

KopStar

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClean Saves Day for West Brom

It was a great day for newly hired manager Jeremy Madrigal as his West Brom side did the near impossible and came away with a point at Old Trafford. With Saturday night's result the club now has gone unbeaten in their last 4 league fixtures and 3 straight draws. "Tonight was a tale of two halves" a relieved Madrigal said after stepping off the pitch, "This team deserves to be mid table and I'm gonna make sure that happens over the next few seasons"

Edinson Cavani opened up the scoring for United in the 19th minute to make it 1-0, 13 minutes later Rodrigo hit a ball just over the fingertips of Ben Foster making it a 2-0 lead at Half Time. However in the 2nd half it was clear that West Brom was a different team finally getting to know the style of play Madrigal was trying to get into his players heads. A 1-2 punch between Rondon and Rickie Lambert made it a 2-1 game in the 51st minute and it seemed that West Brom would walk away with their heads down. However Rondon would once again start something up as he sent a pass to a open James McClean who sent the ball past a flat footed Victor Valdes to seal a point for West Brom as they fight to avoid relegation.

5 points clear with a 4-0 thrashing of Chelsea albeit on stats they were no way deserving of a 4-0 thumping. Other top teams dropping points means we are finally in a position to win the title, and regardless should be our best finish in 2933 and maybe even my best (3rd with a woeful Burnley early on which i am very proud of avg rating was like 88)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived