EC2933 Reporting Thread

KopStar

Re: English Championship 2933 Reporting thread

Manchester City close in on Arsenal

ronaldinho-dance_88169t.jpg

Ronaldino celebrates his winner

Manchester City have closed the gap on leaders Arsenal to one point as the title race looks down to the two teams. Whilst Arsenal drew 1-1 against Middlesbrough, the Citizens earned a hard fought 3-2 win over third placed Aston Villa.

Aston Villa silenced Eastlands four minutes in when Brazillian defener, Lucio, tapped the ball into the net after confusion in the penalty box. In a match full of shots, Lucio's compatriot Kaka got the teams level with his brilliant 25 yard strike riffling into the top corner to reignite the home fans into full voice.

However the joy lasted only two minutes when there after Gareth Barry went past young defender Maicon and Lassana Diarra before slotting past Frey to regain the lead for his side. Half time saw Villa lead 2-1.

Manchester City came out with the initiative in the second half targeting the left hand side of Villa's defence. A resulting corner result in a goal mouth scramble with Aston Villa's defender failing to clear the ball. Pablo Hernandez capitalized on the mistake and tapped home to level the scores at 2-2.

Brad Friedel stood tall producing a number of good saves to keep the scores level but when he failed to catch another long distance shot from Kaka, Ronaldinho was there to collect the scraps and hit the back of the net to send the City fans into raptures. They now sit on 51 points with Arsenal on 52. Manchester City are the form side, with 15 points from their last six, and if form is anything to go by it is only a matter of time before City regain top spot. Aston Villa lie third on 44 points.

Manchester City 3
(Kaka 35, Pablo Hernandez 55, Ronaldinho 75) defeat
Aston Villa 2
(Lucio 4, Barry 37)

Man of the Match:
Kaka

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kjaer in shock City link

kjaer.jpg

Kjaer has become a target of KopStar's

Young Everton defender Simon Kjaer has become a surprise target for Manchester City. After the recent manager spat and the rivlary which is predicted to form between it, one would be forgiven in thinking that transfers between the teams would be a no-go zone. However repots are emerging that Simon Kjaer is KopStar's top transfer target as he looks to improve his sides defence.

It would take a large sum to bring the Dannish defender to Manchester after he cost manager Leedsfan a hefty 18 million pounds. It is believed that Maicon is part of the bid.

When asked about the rumours, Kjaer is believed to have said, "Manchester City are a club I admire. They are a very good side.' His comments are certainly set to add to the rumours.

Kjaer: I Was Misquoted

123816603312381551311236864780Kjaer.jpg

Danish & Everton Centre Back: Simon Kjaer

Simon Kjaer has spoken released a statement on Everton's website claiming he was misquoted by the general media. The statement said this, "I am sorry to all Everton fans. I was misquoted and what I actually said was I admire the way they are playing currently. However, I am commited to this Everton side. Although we are currently struggling, the rest of the boys and I have complete confidence we will survive this season and carry momentum into next season."

Bergkamp Releases Shocking Statement

gun__1224837770_bergkamp24102008.jpg

Bergkamp in an interview about his new autobiograhy

Denis Bergkamp has also come out into the dark and revealed some shocking news, which comes a blow to KopStar's pedigree. When releasing his autobiography, Bergkamp had this to say, "I have always been a big supporter of the English game, even after my retirement. I remember when KopStar was youth coach at Arsenal, he tried to get them to play dirtily, although Arsene Wenger found out and consequently fired KopStar. Also KopStar was known for adding Vodka into opposing players drinks. The club and police had separate investigations going and both came to the same conclusion and he was subsequently sacked. The rest of the details are not mine to reveal but are just as shocking, if not more than what I have told you." Further details about this situation are likely to be published in Bergkamp's autobiography which is released on the 11th June.

KopStar: Reports are false

oval-vodka_48.jpg

KopStar says he didn't use vodka to sabotage other teams

KopStar has responded furiously to reports from Dennis Bergkamp about him making the Arsenal youth teams 'play dirtily' and how 'KopStar was known for adding Vodka into opposing players drinks.'

He said the following, 'Bergkamp and I never got along. He was a very arrogant player, always outspoken. He was also a practical joker always trying to distract the youth players when I was training them. In my month coaching the team we didn't receive a single card. I forced the players to train hard and be tough and fight for the ball and put everything they had into everything they did on the field, much the way I have City playing right now.'

'The Vodka spiking was covered up because the club were at fault. It started when we had the Liverpool reserves the next day. They hadn't lost and their worst score in the season had been a 3-0 win. Dennis proposed that we try spike their drinks and Arsene gave the go ahead. I was assigned the job. I refused, so Dennis did the job. It worked and we won and this tried to become the norm. I tried to quit and when I handed in my resignation two games later, they launched an investigation and as soon as the evidence started pointing to Dennis, Arsenal dropped the investigation.'

Marchisio set to leave

cover_fiorentina_marchisio.jpg

Marchisio may be part of an exchange to land Kjaer

Claudio Marchisio's future at Manchester City is in doubt after reports suggest that KopStar is looking to offload the Italian defensive midfielder who has spent much of his short career at City injured.

There are conflicting reports about where his future lies. Some suggest that he will be used as bait to lure Everton defender Simon Kjaer to Manchester. Others suggest that he will be sold abroad, possibly back to Juventus, as KopStar looks to increase the clubs financial standing.

Marchisio is definately the closest of KopStar's signings to a flop. He was bought in for 6.9 million pounds and 'keeper Stuart Taylor and has since played 8 games, scoring once. Even if he does stay, question marks remain over where he would play. In KopStar's 3-4-1-2 formation, Marchisio could only replace Stankovic or Diarra, who are both in form.

2_front_small.png18_1216254515.jpg13_front_small.png

Dave Jones leaves job at Cardiff City as unknown face appointed.

Welsh club Divison 2 club Cardiff City have announced that today manager Dave Jones left the club. It is believed he left over a row the amount of money he had at his disposal. Cardiff City are in court over a winding up order and have had to restrict the amount of money the club spends. After losing out in the play-offs Dave was looking at a decnt size budget to fire the BlueBirds to the Premiership. When the board indicated they couldn't provide this Dave stepped down. With fans pressuring the club for promotion the new appointment has to deliver promotion in two seasons or face a backlash.

Cardiff have moved quickly to appoint a new manager with the boss being unveiled at 3:00. He was greeted by rows of fans who had piled into the newly built Cardiff City stadium to see the man expected to give the club what they have never accomplished. Unknown Englishman Ryan Clarke has been given the job with his target to have the club in the Premier League in 2 seasons. The main reason Ryan was given the job is he was prepared to take it for only £2000 P/W. Ryans predecessor Dave Jones earned 5 times that amount with a tidy wage of £10000 P/W.

691BF5DF-B7C7-CA5C-31D712C6259950AE.jpg

Ryan is greeted by a huge roar from the Cardiff fans.

2_front_small.png18_1216254515.jpg13_front_small.png

Fabianski "My admiration for KopStar"

Cardiff Citys No.1 goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has today come out in defence of Manchster City manager KopStar. KopStar coached Fabianski for two years as Fabianski began his rise to Arsenal first team. Speaking today about KopStar it is clear that Fabianski is full of admiration for his former coach. KopStar is a great coach. He is a great man. He lives and breathes the game of football. Every day he thinks of football. Football football football. The man is a legend. He knew when to be harsh on a player and when to praise. When to be un-happy and when to not say anything. The current allegations about his making us play dirty are nonsense. If anything he'd try to make us pick up as little bookings as possible. One of his favourite terms wwas "Bookings are needless. The sooner you learn that the sooner you'll improve." As for the vodka allegations I could only laugh. No matter how much KopStar wants to win he wouel never ever sabotage another team. Another one of his phrases was "If a game isn't fair, The game is pointless". I wish him very well.

gun__1240560580_fabianski_emirates.jpg

Fabianski talking about KopStar.

Hoyte emerges as transfer target for City

article-0-02C7C17D00000578-217_306x400.jpg

Hoyte is wanted by KopStar

Cardiff's Gavin Hoyte has emerged as a surprise transfer target for Manchester City. Despite having a solid team, KopStar has always been signing youth players, with a youth squad of 23 players and a further bunch in the first team.

KopStar is believed to be impressed with the former Arsenal youth academy player and willing to add him to an impress batch of young centre backs at the club. It is believed a bid in the region of 1million pounds has been placed.

First order of business for Sgt Fury on taking over the reigns of Queens Park Rangers was to sort out the financial problems. " We had to let a few players go today" stated the new boss. "Ephraim and Borrowdale unfortunatley haven't lived up to their promise, so the decision there was fairly easy" The managers face turned a little tight though when he talked about keeper Radek Cerny. "I really didn't want to let him go but the money situation is very grim at the moment. It's not just a matter of the players, certain positions in the admin department of the club are also under the gun. It all came down to keeping Radek Cerny or 2nd assistant physio Olga Lindstrom"

It's been rad, Rad...

couple_massage.jpg

Olga works on one of the grounds crew

Guest MR. HAMMER

_47123501_given512.jpg

Today Shay Given is having a medical at Swindon Town it is beleved the Manchester City keeper is joining in a 2-1 deal with also £10,000,000 heading to the Premiaship side the manager Mattuie Beckett has told press this could be a grate signing for the team and he is going to be the number 1 till he disides to Leave his self it is beleved Given is going to be a key player towords there relagation suvivle and after a 1-1 draw on the weekend Swindon Town is going in the rite place this season.

The manager of Watford has left his post stating that he needed a new challenge and suggested that there had been a fall out with the chairman.

" I am deeply sorry about leaving Watford. The fans have been great, the players fantastic, the chairman... Whatever it is i have enjoyed my time here and i will be looking for a new challenge. So thank you so much."

Given completes Swindon move

shay_given_300x400.jpg

Shay Given confirming he has joined Swindon Town

Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given has completed his move to Swindon Town. The keeper moved for 10 million pounds plus young Swedish keeper Kristoffer NORDFELDT and former Liverpool defender Stephan Darby.

KopStar was amazed that Swindon were willing to offer so much. He stated, 'Their original bid of 15 million pounds was huge. I am always looking to increase and improve my youth academy so I thought this deal was better and fairer. Its wierd that a player we bought for 9 million, increased value whilst warming the bench. It shows what a quality side we are, with quality players. I am sure if he was at any other club, Everton for example, his value would have decreased.'

'However both the player and the club understood the need for the move and there were no hard feelings. We wish Shay all the best for the rest of his career.'

Shay Given also spoke kindly of Manchester City stating, 'I am sad to leave but I need game time. At my age, I would prefer to be playing. I could have stayed and won silverware, as Manchester City will, but playing was first priority. They are a great side and I really do hope that they manage to steal the title from Arsenal.'

Emmanuel-Thomas leaves on loan

gun__1237454463_thomas_mancity.jpg

Emmanuel-Thomas will be elated at the chance of gametime

Young Manchester City winger, Jay Emmaunel-Thomas, has left the club to join Division 4 side Southend on loan. Earlier in the season he was signed as a free agent for 1.7 million pounds but has failed to break into either the first or youth league team and thus will seek regular game time as he joins Southend.

He is Southend's second loan signing under new manager Nick Justice, who signed Swindon's Tom Adeyemi in a much lower profile loan arrangement. Emmanuel-Thomas is expect to slot in on the left hand side of Southend's midfielder.

Manager KopStar said the following, 'Jay is a very good player, unfortunately he has found it tough to get game time and this move to Southend will be beneficial to all invovled. We hope that when he returns he will be an improved player.'

He also added on some general jibes, something he has become accustomed to. He stated, 'Whilst I admire Nick Justice as a manager, his success speaks for its self, it will be interesting to see if he can cut it at Southend. I for one do have my doubts but I'll let him prove me wrong.'

Manchester City announce new signing

FC+Saturn+Moscow+Oblast+v+FC+Rubin+Kazan+Premier+BkXbNX7XwPml.jpg

Ansaldi (red) on the ball whilst in action for Rubin

Manchester City have secured the signing of highly rated Argentine wing back, Cristian Ansaldi for a fee of 15 million pounds. Ansaldi, who can play left or right back, was also a target of Barcelona's but instead he chose to move to Manchester. It is thought that he may play as one of the wider players in the 3-4-1-2 formation, possibly interchanging with the winger.

Ansaldi began his career at Newell's Old Boys, playing 29 times and scoring twice. In January 2008, he moved abroad to Russian, signing for Rubin Kazan. He has since become a key part of the team, playing over 60 times.

Ansaldi was delighted with the deal saying, 'I am sad to leave Rubin, they have been great to me and I really appreciate what they have done for me but I am very excited to join Manchester City. They are chasing the title and are managed by one of the best, if not the best, manager in the world in the form of KopStar.'

Also signed was Beijin's Yifan Zhu for 10k.

Dale's Debut Was A Big Hit! - Wed 2 Jun 2010

32_1203570233.gifFulham 3:0 Chelsea 21_1273244606.jpg

N.Sahin 5,26

V.Ibisevic 79

Last night was Dale Selby's first match in charge of Fulham after taking over as manager on Monday night. Last night was a big match at Craven Cottage as there was a record high attendace of 26,556. There was only 444 seats empty for the Fulham vs Chelsea match. German Referee Florian Meyre refereed the match. The match kicked of at 8:00PM

It was a very quiet start to the match but unbelieveable after 5mins Young Turkish Under 21 midfielder Nuri Sahin headed the ball past Petr Cech and put Fulham ahead 1:0. The game went alot quieter for 20mins with no teams really able to break through the defense and have a chance to put the ball into the net until Fulham doubled there lead. Nuri Sahin had scored again to make it his 5th goal of the season. He's having a dream start to the season. Both teams re-entered the second half wanting more goals but Chelsea were too weak tonight as Fulham had scored a 3rd at Craven Cottage. The fans were going wild on Dale Selby's debut match. Bosnian striker Vedad Ibisevic scored his 8th goal of the season and collected 3 points for Fulham. Fulham are still in 6th place but tied for 4th and now will travel to Merseyside to play Everton on Saturday Night!

Konko.jpg

Konko Recieved Man Of The Match!

BARNSLEY 3 QUEENS PARK RANGERS 0

Rangers new manager Sgt Fury was greeted into EC2933 with a solid thrashing from league leaders Barnsley at Oakwell on Wednesday.

"We just didn't compete" said Fury, "Our midfield was weak, our defense was non-existent. I don't want the fans or anyone putting this kind of performance down to first game flutters. Where I come from excuses walk."

Things are not about to get any easier for Rangers. Next up is a very tough Forest side who are only one place above them but with a huge 9 point advantage. "It's a huge game for us Saturday, no doubt about it. We show up, we can win. Play like we did today and it will be ugly"

Everton V Manchester City

C_71_article_1085267_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Everton and Manchester City have become great rivals

With a little over a month to the big derby, this game could be more than just a derby. With both managers, Leedsfan and KopStar, having off field accusations thrown at them and well publicised verbal wars, this is a matter of pride. Manchester City could be well in the mix for the title still, with this big match one of their final games.

Everton have one 3 out of the 5 last competitive fixtures between the clubs. Both these sides have only played once since both managers have been at their respective clubs and Everton were the suprise winners in a 3-2 thriller.

Having a look at the clubs from that game and Everton had this lineup:

Diego Lopez, Hibbert, Lescott, Yobo, Juan, Fellani, Gosling, De Rossi, Benzema, Diego, Sessegnon

Manchester City's lineup was the following:

Frey, Rafina, Schennikov, Samuel, Stankovic, Diarra, Pablo Hernandez, Jankulovski, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Aguero

Diego scored two goals with Benzema chipping in with one, while Jankulovski and Aguero scored Manchester City's goals.

In that game Everton controlled the midfield with 62% possession but failed to take their chances with 21 shots but only 6 on target.

Since that game, Manchester City have been looking good in 2nd place, while Everton have struggled in 15th.

When football pundit, Craig Foster, was asked to comment on both the sides and the occassion, this is what he said, "Manchester City have an excellent team going forward, boasting household names such as Ronaldinho, Kaka and Aguero. Their midfield has good balance to it with the likes of Stankovic and Diarra as well. However I see their defense as very brittle. They haven't got good balance on their team and are going to concede goals, they are winning their games by outscoring teams because with attacking players like that, there will be goals.

Everton however have great balance to theirside. They play with just Benzema up front, with midfielders like Diego and De Rossi pulling the strings. The defense is quite good with Kjaer & Juan, and there is good depth in the team. However the team isn't getting results consistently enough and this has lead to Leedsfan signing more players, such as Vertonghen & Kompany, and changing formation.

The game will be at Manchester, so that form suggest a City win but in a derby anything can happen. The game is still a month away and both teams fortunes can swing either way in that time. Everton will likely control the midfield as they tend to do but Manchester City will hit hard on the counter attack. With 12 goals in their last two meetings, and only been a goal between the sides on those occasions, expect to be in for a great spectacle between two great rivals."

Tickets are already available for the match and can be found on either club's website.

Match Preview

Manchester City vs Sheffield United

manchester_city.jpg

Manchester City's attack has been key to their title charge

Sheffield United travel to Manchester as they look to continue their drive off the bottom of the table. The match will be of utmost importance for Manchester City, who like equal on points with Arsenal at the summit. Its a 2 vs 20 clash with both teams desperate for a win. Eastlands is expected to be sold out despite the forecast predicting temperatures to be 9 ℃ with large cloud cover. Hungarian Attila Hanacsek will referee the game.

Team Analysis

Manchester City

The Citizens will be determined to regain winning form after their draw with Boro. They sit equal on points with Arsenal and will be keen to overtake them. There are no injuries in the squad and manager KopStar is expected to name his only change of that of new signing Cristian Ansaldi starting in place of Maicon, who left the club in the exchange deal.

Expected line-up
(3-4-1-2) Frey- Rafinha, Samuel, Ansaldi- Pablo Hernandez, Stankovic, Diarra, Turan- Kaka- Ronaldinho, Aguero.

Sheffield United

Sheffield will be brimming with confidence after their 1-0 victory over leaders, Arsenal. After putting a dent in their title hopes, they will be hoping to do the same to Manchester City. Manager Jaabir Burbank's 13 games in charge has been largely successful with the signings of players such as Xavi and Sergio Ramos. However the Spaniards red card against the Gunners means he will miss this vital clash.

Expected line-up
(4-2-3-1) Nash- Neville, Bromby, Cordoba, Naysmith- Harper, Xavi- Dyer, Sanogo, Cotteril- Pogrebnyak.

Players to watch

3513_1253199563.jpg

Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero

Whilst there have been many stars this season for the Citzens, namely Kaka and Ronaldinho, Ageuro's 15 goals and 11 assists make him of utmost important upfront. Top scorer for the Citzens and coming off a man of the match display against Boro, Aguero will be looking to add to his tally. At the back Frey and new signing Ansaldi will also be ones to watch.

300_1223037418.jpg

Sheffield United
- David Cotterill

Whilst much of the media hype has revolved around Xavi and Ramos, 22 year old former Swansea winger, David Coterrill has been Sheffield's best player this season. Cutting in from the wing, he has 7 goals and 4 assists this season- the best return from any United player.

KopStar and Leedsfan in Newcastle link

_44525129_owen_getty.jpg

Newcastle have chased promotion this season

Surprised reports have emerged that Newcastle are chasing two division one managers to take over the reigns at the club after AARON HARTNETT left the club after a mere 8 games.

Manchester City gaffer, KopStar, has emerged as the favourite for the job, with reports emerging that, after anger at not being given a cash investment to help win the title, the Aussie gaffer is set to quit the club and shock the footballing masses. It would be quite a shock if he was to leave to join a team coming third in the championship. When KopStar signed for the Citizens, he signed a one year contract, with the option to increase it to three years. With this clause not being activated yet, it is thought that he is unhappy at the club despite their success.

Second favourite for the job is Everton gaffer, Leedsfan. It is reported that his immaturity and failure to bring results often enough in his reign, leaving the club languishing in 15th, is set to be enough reason for the board to replace him with a more experienced manager, and if so Newcastle are ready to pounce.

If Newcastle are to secure either manager, it should be a huge boost for their promotion push.

KopStar signs on at Manchester City

jose-mourinho-press-conference-and-training-session-hosted-by-chelsea-at-londons-stamford-bridge-april-25-2007-16YXSK.jpg

KopStar was mobbed by media at the press conference

Amidst reports that Newcastle were chasing KopStar, the Manchester City manager has activated a clause in his contract allowing him to sign on for a further two seasons, effectively putting the rumours to bed.

He said, "I am happy at this club. They have the best fans, a supportive board and a great playing squad. I am happy where I am and have no reason to leave."

"Newcastle were not the only club to chase me, Everton's board were in contact with me to see if I wanted to take over from Leedsfan. I didn't even need to think. Newcastle and Everton are worse teams and have a worse playing group. I have Manchester City chasing the title and a having a shot at silverware. No one in their right frame of mind would leave."

"What I do find funny is comments about my squad. It was stated that my defence is weak and my side only win by outscoring teams. Isn't that the aim of football- to score more than your opponent?"

"We don't have many defenders as there is no point having 10 first team defenders if I normally play a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1. Why should I stall other players career's just to get un-needed depth. There are young players like Badstuber who act as perfect squad players."

"Everton, on the other hand, luck the right squad. Benzema is their own good striker. If he gets injured they will struggled up front. With their current form they could get relegated anyway. I can't wait till we play them in a month's time. We will show them that they are unbalanced and not as great a side as they think. The dream situation would be for us to have wrapped up the title and them to be lingering in the drop zone and we teach them a footballing lesson. Even if that isnt the scenario I can see us emerging victorious."

His comments are certain to add fuel to fire and reignite the ongoing jibes between he and Leedsfan.

Everton: The Sluggish Start

2052254394_711fdee94f.jpg

Leedsfan: "We need Goodison Park flooded!"

With Everton struggling, talisman, Diego has come out and said every game is a cup final for them. Everton's well publicised season has been a major disspointment for everyone involved, however players and coaching staff are behind Leedsfan and believe they can survive this season.

"It's no doubt, we are below par at the moment. We play well in games but are falling short. We need to believe that we can win and take the initiative in these games," stated Diego. "The coaching staff can only do so much, we need to step up. Leedsfan is great coach and everyone is fully behind him, he has poured out his heart for this club and everyone appreciates him. The board have continuously stated his position is safe. What matters at the moment is the game on Saturday. We know we can win this game against Fulham and from there things can flow for us."

Fulham are currently sitting comfortably in 6th but a win for Everton could see them 10 points above the relegation zone. "We need to get 40 points. We are over half way there and there are 12 games to go. We need at least 5 wins to see it out really comfortably, however less than that could be enough this season," stated Kjaer. "We doubt we will get relegated and believe we can finish in the top half. Qualifying for the Europa League due to the fair play award isn't unlikely either."

When asked about comments made by KopStar, Benzema had this to say, "I am flattered that he sees me as a world-class player. I am very happy with my role at this football club. However, I don't agree with what he said about our squad. Comments about our squad having good balance were not made by us. However, these are all just mind games employed by KopStar to try and distract us. Our squad has different style to his squad. We have a solid defense and we build from that, with me there to finish off the job. We can do the job without me, although without any world class performer it isn't as easy. Manchester City play 'Samba Football' this is more entertaining but we believe in our style and that it will help us prevail. Manchester City's style doesn't allow good defensive work. We believe we can really penetrate this."

"The game against Fulham will be tough," said Leedsfan, " They have some very good players, particularly in central defense. The condition are good for us and we expect a real tough battle. Hopefully, this is that start of a winning streak. We need our fans to flood Goodison Park and spur the boys on. Hopefully they know how much it means to the boys when they show up. We need a win and are thinking about that alone. I love this club, the players love this club, we won't let the club down."

Queens Park Rangers 0 Nottingham Forest 2

Rangers hopes of staying in touch with Notts forest took a turn for the worse on Saturday as Forest disposed of the hoops like yesterdays rubbish. Sgt Fury, QPR's latest manager was not in the mood to answer a lot of questions post game, as he left the press conference early. But not before hammering a Sun reporter who asked about the chances of Rangers qualifying for the playoff's. "What are you talking to me about playoffs for? Did ye not see the game man. Playoffs? we'll be lucky to avoid bloody relegation if we keep playing like that. I came here to win championships, right now I would just like to win a game"

The test continues next week when QPR travel to Glanford Park to take on a good looking Shorpe team fresh off a win against Hartlepool.

Gameiero.jpg

Gameiro does us in

Pleased With Performance

article-0-00ACA8B400000578-411_233x312.jpg

Yakubu after scoring his 11th goal of the season against Watford

After the 2-1 win by West Bromwich Albion today over Watford with goals from Yakubu and new signing Tobias Weis, reporters caught up with Lito Antonio. Antonio was asked how he felt with the team performing so well. "I am ecstatic because so far I have only lost 1 game which was my first game in charge but, the fans nor the players ever gave up on me and it shows what support and commitment can do."

Weis and Lisandro were also highlighted for their recent good performances since arriving at the Hawthornes. "Lopez[Lisandro] told me he would make sure that he was playing top flight football next season to play against his Argentinian team-mates such as Walter Samuel and new arrival to Manchester City Ansaldi, who I was hoping to bring to the Hawthornes but you sleep and you lose in this league." Antonio also added that Tobias Weis had shown that he was ready to step in and do what he needed to do right away for the club. Weis scored the match winner and his first goal today in only his second game against Watford, while Lisandro has a record of an impressive 6 goals in 6 matches with his notable four(4) goals against Millwall in West Bromwich Albion's record breaking 7-0 home win.

Before leaving the press conference Lito Antonio revealed his ambitions with a smile for next season. "I know it is still early in the season to say I will be in Division 1 next season with 13 games left so much can go wrong injuries, lack of form and even worse luck not being our side. Even with that said I do hope the side keeps their form till the end of the season and extends their current 5 point lead so we can test our wits against the likes of KopStar and Leedsfan, they are both good managers but I would not let my team pass up the chance of beating them"

Victory!

1251027375.jpg

Diego pulled the strings in midfield, scoring two goals along the way

Everton have come out and backed up their claims that they were able to demolish Fulham 3-0. Everyone played very well and adapted to the new style Leedsfan was trying to bring in. Everton were producing a defensive masterclass, Diego Lopez in an inspired mood, winning Man of the Match honours. Diego pulled the strings in midfield scoring two goals, but the biggest surprise was Lescott opening the goal scoring after 4 minutes.

The effort made by the Everton players to win the ball back higher up the park. When asked by BBC jounalists, Leedsfan said this about his team, " I was proud of my boys. They did everything I asked of them. Fulham are no thugs and to beat them 3-0 is a huge credit to the lads. We all feel that we have gained some momentum and are now able to push on and get a string of results. Next up we are playing an excellent Aston Villa in Birmingham. They are coming third so I expect a real test. The boys and I know we can win it though, so we will trvel there with plenty of confidence."

Citizens drop more points

3f8db48b24de83956db73842cba8-grande.jpg

Dejan Stankovic scored a late equalizer

For the second game in a row, Manchester City drew 3-3 with their opponents. A chance to be four points in front has been blown, as Manchester City and Arsenal occupy top spots on 53 points.

Only two minutes in Kaka put the home side ahead when he out-jumped a defender and headered home a corner to give his side the lead. In the 16th minute, Ronaldinho looked to have won a certain penalty, when Phil Neville's slide tackle looked to have bought down the Brazillian attacker- it seemed like the only person who didn't think it was a penalty was Hungarian referee Attila Hanacsek, who instead booked Ronaldinho.

Manchester City were caught up in protests and lost concentration, allowing Nathan Dyer to header home to equalise. When the score should have been 2-0, it was instead 1-1. Sergio Aguero, City's top goal scorer, scored his 16th of the season when he went past two defenders and slotted home a brilliant solo effort on a swift counter attack after a brilliant save from Frey.

But once again City slacked off, allowing Xavi to equalise in the 30th minute after a well timed header. Half time was 2-2.

66 minutes in and United claimed the lead when a powerful Xavi shot was spilled by Frey and subsequently Pogrebnyak tapped home into an empty net. United then closed down possession and looked to close out all City attacks. Just as many were expecting an unlikely victory, Stankovic capitalised on a terrible back pass on Sanogo, and the Serbian slotted home a simple equaliser.

Manager KopStar was furious with his troops afterwards saying, 'Our defence was simply shocking. This is no a matter of depth as some think, but rather our back line under performing. Our attack can only score goals, as they have done, but the defence really need to step up. When you score 3 goals two weeks in a row, you should expect to have 6 points from those games. Whilst we should be sitting four points clear, we are instead second on goal difference. It is not good enough."

Archived