EC2933 Reporting Thread

KopStar

Re: English Championship 2933 Reporting thread

We must stop dropping points!

1942613896-23092009002524.jpg

Jerome Thomas on his way to scoring the opener for West Brom in their 1-1 draw with Plymouth

West Brom manager Lito Antonio seemed a bit disappointed after his sides 1-1 draw with Plymouth Argyle. "I give credit to Plymouth for having more of the possesion, but my team failed when it came to finishing in front of the goal 23 shots? 11 on target? and only one goal?"

With the drop in points the gap at the top of the table has been cut to only 6 points. "If we are to win we must keep composure and a level head we have had a great run so far but the boys are losing focus and showing signs of faltering. We must stop dropping points if we are to win the league."

Lito Antonio also spoke briefly about the next few fixtures for his team and his closest challengers Stoke City. "I think Stoke definitely have the easier set of games left with the highest placed team they will face in the next three games being placed 13th. We have top of the division Newcastle in the next few weeks. The only upside to our schedule that I see is that If we win we collect valuable points."

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24D7C5F5-92D4-7E4B-A20E11E8D6F673A1.jpg

Bristol City Match Preview

Radoslaw-Majewski__1556061c.jpg

Tonight Struggling Bristol City play Doncaster Rovers in a match were both sides need the win.

For Bristol City how won there first game under new management will look to continue their good form as the entertain Donnie Rovers at Ashton Gate .Tom Cleverley will miss the game due to injury but Bristol City have a fine replacement in the highly regarded Radoslaw Majewski he was a free agent and the Robbins manager was surprised there was no competition for this fabulous star. Nicky Maynard also misses the game and in comes 22 year Danny Haynes how is in desperate need of a goal will play as the lone striker. Liam Fontaine also comes into the side to replace Jaime Mccombe . Fontaine will hope to have a good game to impress the manager who gave him another change Bristol City will look for a win to hopefully get them out of the relegation zone that is what Scorgie was brought into do ensure safety and the changes of that could look a lot better if they win tonight

Manchester City vs West Ham preview

Ronaldinho-4.jpg

Ronaldinho: set to play as a lone striker against his former club

Manchester City will entertain West Ham in what will be a key match for both sides. For Manchester City it presents the opportunity to regain momentum in their title quest. West Ham lie 9th, only 8 points adrift of 4th place Aston Villa and with 10 games left of the season both sides will need to get a move on.

It also provides Ronaldinho and Arshavin to play against their former clubs, after Arshavin joined West Ham for 5 million pounds and Ronaldinho at the beginning on the season. In the earlier corresponding fixture, with was a 2-2 draw, both players managed to snare goals. Manchester City conceded an 87th minute goal and will be desperate not to leak another late goal. Ronaldinho is also expected to play as a lone striker after strike partner Sergio Aguero suffered a long term injury. He is expected to be replaced by Claudio Marchisio, which will result in a team reshuffle.

The_Sun_Newspaper_Logo.jpg

Reports are coming in that Queens Park Rangers manager St Fury is to be fined by the SMFA for comments made last week about Mexican referee Carlos Torres Nunez. Fury reportedly said he "didn't no where the FA got these people from" which sparked controversy across the Latin world.

One Mexican newspaper "EL INDEPENDIENTE" has called Fury a racist and is demanding his termination from the club.

A spokesperson for the club issued a statement apologising to anyone who was offended by the comments but denied Fury was a racist. "It is clear that Sgt Fury while referring to "those people" was in fact not talking about Mexicans, rather than idiot referees"

Queens Park Rangers 5 Rochdale 2

Queens Park Rangers twice came from behind before blowing Rochdale away on Saturday at Loftus Road.

The win gives Rangers a three game unbeaten streak which has started to wash away the memories of the three game losers before that.

Alberto Lora and Romone Rose both came close for QPR in the first ten minutes but it was Ricardo Noir who opened the scoring after 31 minutes with a beautiful chip that sent Muselera scrambling backwards unable to stop the ball from crossing the line. It didn't take Rangers long to equalize when a mix up between Ramsden and Stanton allowed Agyemang to slip in behind the defense to score with ease.

The remaining first half produced no more action as both teams seemed to wait each other out.

The spectators were hardly back in their seats before 3 goals had been added to the score sheet, First Noir capitalized on a defensive error from Rangers center back Chedjou's weak back pass by rounding the keeper and sliding the ball into the back of the net. Rangers response was quick as Jeremic got the last touch on a goal mouth scramble to equalize.

Jara.jpg

Jara celebrates his hat trick

From this point forward it became the Franco Jara show as the Argentinian exploded on the game with a 25 minute hat trick, the first two of which will both challenge for the goal of the season award. The first a 35 yard half volley that rocketed past Conway into the top left hand corner of the net. The second an over head kick inside the penalty box that showed superb athleticism. QPR never quit chasing down Rochdale from this point forward and the writing was on the wall well before Jara put the game to bed in the 76Th minute, curling in a header from a corner kick.

Sgt Fury was very happy after the game, "we dominated them everywhere today, we were in a different class" When asked about his recent trouble with the SMFA and the recent refereeing controversy Fury was quick to play everything down. "today is about the team effort and the win. I don't want to get into all that stuff, I'm sure it will be worked out in due course"

Lito Antonio is fined by FA

A-referee-brandishes-a-re-001.jpg

Recent winner of the "Manager of the Month" award for EC 2933 Lito Antonio has been fined by the FA today after he criticized referee Carlos Torres Nunez for being biased and stupid in his calls. Coincidentally Queens Park Rangers manager Sgt. Fury was recently in headlines for criticizing the same referee.

Lito Antonio stated that minutes before in-form Jerome Thomas got a red card for shouting at the ref and kicking the ball away, Cardiff player Kevin McNaughton was playing unfairly and was putting in some awful late tackles. Lito Antonio had this to say, "It is no coincidence that he[Nunez] was criticized for his form earlier this month for his performance he is awful. Jerome[Thomas] had every right to be angry after the ref was not making calls against Cardiff."

Lito Antonio said he did not care about the reprucussions at the time but, it is now shaping up that Lito Antonio sent an apology to the club and its fans that he was wrong to criticize the referee he was in the heat of the moment. Antonio made it clear even though they were down to nine men he was happy the team showed their quality and got the 3 points and won by such a big margin also to help keep the team on top of the tables in Div 2.

Guest Scout Maker

New Manager takes over at Luton

lutonfclogo.png

Today at 14:53 it was announced that Irishman Dan Forester would become the new manager of Division 4 club Luton Town FC. Forester will replace Richard Money who has left Luton 15th in Divison 4, five points off relegation. Forester has had recent success with International team Ireland where he nearly guided them to the 2010 World Cup but they were so cruely knocked out by Thierry Henry's infamous handball. When asked about how he felt about taking over Luton, Forester said; "I am delighted to be here, although this team is in a relegation dogfight I promise the fans I can turn it around." When asked about any possible transfer targets Forester told us that he was very close to signing Dele Adebola on a loan from Charlton.

sgigjt.jpg

(Close to signing for Luton?)

FURY BACKS LIL ANTONIO (to a point)

torres_carlos2.jpg

Carlos Torres Nunez

Sgt Fury, manager of Queens Park Rangers came out in support of West Brom Manager Lil Antonio today over the continuing controversy of Mexican referee Carlos Torres Nunez. Lil Antonio was fined by the FA for remarks made about the Latino ref while Fury faces the same punishment. "Lil Antonio has gained my respect over this" said Fury "so often these days managers will allow the football powers that be the right to kick them around. Lil Antonio stood up and that takes hutspah." It was not a 100% endorsement though. "I was a little disappointed when he apologized but he's a young manager and I think he's still feeling his way out there. Give him a few years and he'll be a jaded old bugger just like me" Fury laughed. When Sgt Fury was asked if there was an apology coming from him the joviality ended "not a chance. I did nothing wrong and that's that"

The FA makes their decision on Fury sometime next week.

KopStar blasts Lito Antonio and Sgt Fury

mourinho-press.jpg

KopStar feels that referee's deserve more respect

Manchester City manager KopStar has gotten involved in the recent Lito Antonio media frenze and blasted both the current manager of the month and Sgt Fury.

Whilst at a press conference he said, "Lito was wrong and I am glad that he has apologised. People like to think that referees are divine figures but they are humans too and they make mistakes. Almost all referees try their best and are not biased and thus deserve more respect. Many managers, such as Lito, feel they are better and more powerful than referees or the FA. Whilst I can understand his anger, Lito has to be more mature and cop it on the chin. I can understand the anger if he lost, but his side won so why complain? Sgt Fury providing his backing puts him in this category and his comments about being cross at Lito's apology is utterly disgusting.'

KopStar has never been one to shy away from the media spotlight and these comments will surely dampen relations with the managers.

Focus on your title race

Manchester-City-Vs-Arsenal.JPG

In response to KopStars comments Lito Antonio definitely was not showing signs of a Manager of the month when he told KopStar to pay more attention to his title race with Arsenal than his criticism of referees. "I really do not know where he comes off saying that managers like myself think we are bigger than referees. I have made my apology but my opinion as it relates to that referee still stands but I don't want to get into that and risk being fined again I couldn't afford a cup of coffee after the FA sent me my notice this week."

"KopStar is a top manager challenging for top honours this season, so it surprised me that my actions were more important than his team dropping points against West Ham who certainly did not roll over to the star studded City."

"I really do believe that even though we won it was still a talking point to pinpoint some decisions because it may affect other teams. I hope if the scenario happens to City, KopStar will be as professional as he suggests I should act. But I'm not one to hold grudges for outspoken managers we will just have our opinions in the media if that's the case."

Manchester-City-Vs-Arsenal.JPG

Rangers Boss Bites Back At Kopstar

ulay.jpg

Queens Park Rangers boss Sgt Fury had a few choice words for Manchester City manager Kopstar yesterday over the much talked about referee controversy. "Well first of all I really don't know what any of this has to do with Kopstar. He isn't even living in the same world as the rest of us. He lives in the world of tinsel town superheroes or super models depending on which way you want to look at it. I'm down here in the trenches, lower league clubs don't get the same benefits as the big boys when it comes to refereeing decisions. Lets face it, if QPR was playing City and Ronaldinho was breaking into the box, if one of my boys goes anywhere near his gold lam'e bootlaces the chances are the ref's going to give a penalty. Now turn the tables and look at it if we were inside the box and my boy goes down. Chances then are that my fella gets a yellow for diving. I'm just saying that's the way it is. There's a law for the rich and there's a law for the poor."

Sgt Fury paused for a moment, gathered his thoughts and then with a wink finished his say. "I dunno maybe Kopstar should stick to things he knows about, like those TV commercials he does....you know the ones for the hair products and oil of bloody ulay"

The FA is due to make it's decision on Sgt Fury's penalty if any next Monday.

Leedsfan Gives His Input

602295-matthew-johns.jpeg

Leedsfan talking to reporters

After the comments made by KopStar, personal rival, Leedsfan has come out and backed Lito Antonio and Sgt Fury saying that the smaller clubs don't get enough protection. "Ask any City fan," stated Leedsfan, "When they were in the third division, the going was tougher. Now, there is money everywhere. I'm not suggesting that KopStar and his side bribe referees but the game loses some of its meaning. The passion and culture is in the lower leagues. Fans turn out in force to see their team play an average team in the third division, while the Arsenals and Manchester City's can all afford to go out every night to a nightclub to take their minds of it. Life is tough in the lower division and the decisions, although they are the same, have much more meaning. I sympathise with these fans and players because that is how I would love football to be. A passion. Not a career."

RANGERS LOSE AGAIN!

Colchester United 2 Queens Park Rangers 1

david_moyes_789586c.jpg

It's not easy being Queens Park Ranger's manager Sgt Fury at the moment as Rangers again put forward a lack luster performance, losing to lowly Colchester, a game they really should have won. After taking the lead in the 16TH minute through Slavisa Jeremic's inch perfect placement via the equally perfect pass from Alberto Loras, QPR made a schoolboy mistake, they lost focus on the kickoff and lost the lead after just 30 seconds. The equalizer coming from the boot of Paul Reid who later scored again to send QPR on their long ride home to west London. Needless to say Rangers manager Sgt Fury was not impressed. "We can't keep giving up points like this, it's beyond ridiculous. Changes will be made if certain players don't start stepping up."

With Leeds United winning at home to Brentford, Rangers hold on 4TH place is slipping. Leeds are now only 4 points adrift from QPR. "We need to get a grip if we want to keep our place in the playoff race. One thing is for certain, teams like Colchester should not be causing us problems at this point in the season. we have work to do"

KopStar bites back

Genoa+CFC+v+FC+Internazionale+Milano+Serie+KEW3KvAAMGVl.jpg

Stankovic scored two late goals to seal victory

Manchester City beat Wigan 3-2 courtesy of a double from Dejan Stankovic and a goal to Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho scored his 16th goal of the season in the 11th minute after pouncing on a defensive error and taking the simple chance with ease. Arjen Robben levelled up the scores before half time after a terrible back pass by Walter Samuel was reminiscent of the first goal.

Carlos Marchena headered home to give Wigan a surprise lead but only two minutes later Dejan Stankovic collected a perfect Ronaldinho long pass and cut past his marker and found the back of the net. It looked like a draw until, with ten minutes to go, Stankovic out jumped his marker and headered home to give his side the lead.

KopStar said, 'We were sloppy and have to improve. We have 8 games left to win the title and must play better.'

He also returned fire in the recent war of words which has seen Lito Antinio, Sgt Fury and Leedsfan side against him. He said, 'Lito and Fury are just jealous little managers having a whine about their clubs status- if they couldn't cope with it then why did they take the job? It's small club syndrome- much the same why short mans syndrome works! (laughs).'

'Seriously speaking, I just find their disgusting remarks unacceptable and call on the FA to fine Fury as well, and closely monitor Lito. The game needs more respect for referee's and blasting every dodgy call even if your side win is just not right and should not be tolerated. I also thanks Fury for his long time wasting lecture about how my players are supposedly given special provisions because of who they are. Now referee's are non biased men who control the game and whether a City player or any other player is fouled for a legitimate penalty then its a penalty- even if its someone in the fourth division. What he said is pathetic and definately fine worthy. "

" To his comment about there being different standards for the rich and poor, well, it goes back to my earlier point. If he is so depressed about not managing an elite club then why take over the club in the first place... I can't help being a better manager and getting offered managerial positions at better clubs."

He also had a special word for rival Leedsfan saying, 'His comments are just as bad and even worse. He seems to have a passion for lower league football... maybe he is just about to be sacked and trying to alert lower league teams. I do not deny the passion in these leagues but I don't see the relevance of it. It also seems like a little ploy to win over fans with his 'football should be about passion not a career' rant. Well its simple. If he is so passionate about football and not passionate about people making a career out of the game then I ask, 'why did he?'

We Must Win!

zimling_bocchetti_genoa_udinese.jpg

West Bromwich Albion face play off promotion contenders Newcastle tomorrow in a vital game. Newcastle winning would help them pressure the top teams and push for automatic promotion. West Bromwich Albion would take the win and try to stay a top of the Division 2 tables and try to secure automatic promotion.

Lito Antonio stated that he thought the game would come down to his sides defence. "I think Bochetti needs to step up this game and try to keep Newcastles strikers at bay. I think Lisandro and Yakubu are going to need to be clinical also and put away our chances."

"I think it is good though that it will be at home so we will have the supporters on our side. Hopefully this will give the team the boost they need. I am calling on the fans to be in their numbers and to be as loud as they can be, but we do ask that supporters choose to blow their limited edition 2010 Vuvuzelas at certain intervals such as goals."

zimling_bocchetti_genoa_udinese.jpg

The_Sun_Newspaper_Logo.jpg

Reporter: Andrea Nuzzo

FURY: TAKE NO PRISIONERS AGAINST WALSALL

Sgt Fury has issued a stern warning to his players before this weeks match up with struggling Walsall. The take no prisoners statement is designed to shape up the performance of his team said Fury, "or else", "the performance of the club since I have taken over has been unacceptable and it needs to change, there are far too many players on this team who seem to think that they are safe from the transfer list and I'm here to tell them that they are not. I will be watching certain players this weekend and there had better be some effort shown. Anything less than a sound beating of Walsall will be looked down upon."

A Rangers insider has reported to the Sun that midfielders Gavin Mahon and Martin Rowlands are two players that face the chopping block should their performance not improve.

Fury also briefly addressed the recent referee controversy comments from Manchester City manager Kopstar. Laughing he said "I read what he said about me and my managerial talents and can only come to one conclusion, all those hair products must have seeped into his scalp and are now affecting his brain! Look, I have nothing agin the man. He's obviously a decent manager managing a decent team but I would be willing to bet that if I was managing City they would be in the same position they are now or even better. Manchester City football club is a machine, it's ran by robots who could program any Joe Blow into it's mainframe and get the same results. It's all money baby, managing comes second to all that" Fury then threw down the gauntlet, "hey, I'll challenge Kopstar and Man City to a friendly any-day, loser gives a thousand quid to charity!, City won't let him do it though because the machine doesn't do anything where it would have to lose some dough"

Before he left I asked him what the score would be. "I dunno, 2 maybe 3 nil to QPR" he said.

I think he was serious...

logo-london.png

Preston set to complete Lavezzi signing.

250px-Ezequiel_Lavezzi_-_SSC_Neapel_%282%29.jpg

Preston North End look set to complete the signing of 25 year old attacking midfielder Ezeqiel Lavezzi from Napoli. The Argentinian is set to arrive at Deepdale for a medical today, should he pass he is expected to complete the move believed to be around £9m. Preston have beat off competition for the player from Manchester United and Sheffield Wednesday.

PNE manager Newton is delighted with the move: "It's another great move for us in the market, and with a few games to go will hopefully give us the ammo we need to push for a spot in the Europa League next season. We've already come a long way from when I took over when we looked like relegation fodder, so if we can compete for European football next season it will be a great acheivement. From there we can hopefully receive some more financial backing to take the team further forward, but with our current ground capacity, being the 2nd lowest in the top division, it always puts us at a disadvantage, so we must work within our constrants but we are certainly looking to move forward quickly."

PNE face a managerless Wolves side today which Newton was not too excited about.

"Wolves are in a good place all thing's considered and it's surprising no one has applied for the job, the game will still be tough, but hopefully we can come out of it with some points."

24D7C5F5-92D4-7E4B-A20E11E8D6F673A1.jpg

Bristol City Match Preview

article-0-03E9F790000005DC-829_468x363.jpg

Tonight In form Bristol City play Stoke Rovers in a match were both sides need the win for completley different reason.

For Bristol City how won there Three game under new management will look to continue their good form as the entertain Stoke at Ashton Gate .Tom Cleverley will miss the game due to injury but Bristol City have a fine replacement in the highly regarded Radoslaw Majewski will contuine is his place it's widely expect that Cleverly will be back next week. Danny Haynes also misses the game and in comes the robins top score Nicky Manyrad who miss that last couple of games due to injury and other things, how is in desperate need of a goal will play as the lone striker. Bristol Citywill look for a win to hopefully get them Keep them of the relegation zone that is what Scorgie was brought into do ensure safety and the changes of that could look a lot better if they win tonight. With 3 wins in a row under new managment the fans allready are very content with the manager who they think has done a fantastic job

thierry_henry_triste_reference.jpg

Theirry Henry on his way to join Sheffield United on deal believed around 1.4m + Jordan Stewart and Chris Morgan Mohammed Najaf the new manager want to support the attack with an expirence striker and cover the injured striker Pavel Pogrebnyak also he hope that he can help the club to avoid the relegation and stay in the division 1.

SheffieldUtd-745067.gif

QUEENS PARK RANGERS 1 WALSALL 0

qpr_save.jpg

A lot of balls

"Well it wasn't exactly a thrashing but we played well enough to win and I'm happy for that" remarked Sgt Fury on Rangers victory over Walsall on Saturday. "I'd say we are playing at about 60% right now and obviously that's not going to get it done come the playoffs."

60% sounds about right as QPR seem to bounce back and forth between a confident talented team to a nervy bunch of individuals relying on luck more than talent to pull them through. Today was a good example of the good the bad and the downright butt ugly.

THE GOOD

Franco Jara's 61st minute rocket into the top left hand corner of the net will be hard to beat come "and the award for goal of the season goes to..." time.

THE BAD

This seasons constant miscommunication between the back four that rears it's ugly head on way to many occasions including today. It was Meyer who passed across the face of the box to Chedjou who was not expecting it. Jabo Ibehre intercepted and rounded the keeper who brought him down -no penalty and a bullet dodged again. "I don't know what went through Meyers head then" said Fury "but if he ever passes like a schoolboy in his first game again it'll be my boot!"

THE UGLY

The same as the bad because it was that ugly!

Next Rangers travel to Hartlepool, another team Fury feels they should beat.

"They are mid table for a reason, no disrespect but we should, and had better put them away"

England: Lions To Bring Back Bite

England-Football-Logo.jpg

Leedsfan vows to bring back the glory

Ex-Brasil and current Everton manager, Leedsfan, has taken over the England National Team. In one of the most highly regarded jobs in world football, the Everton manager easily won the job according to an FA spokesman. "We are very pleased to have Leedsfan," said the spokesman, "He is doing really well at Everton and performed really well for Brasil."

Leedsfan stated it was personal reasons that he left the Brasil job. "Living in England and then having to keep tabs on everything happening on the other side of the world was too much work. I was going to burnout. It wasn't fair on my family. This is the opportunity I needed, I can see all the players myself and I can move this team forward. Many players with reputations will have to prove themselves as I try and get the best team playing."

When asked about his Everton revival, Leedsfan said, "The ingredients were always there. I have now found the correct recipe. The boys are fantastic and we hope a win against the Hammers can propell us even further up the table."

logo-london.png

Newton expects Preston win

Preston manager Newton has called upon his squad to buck up their ideas for the final few games of the season saying he has been frustrated with his players performances this season.

"We currently lie 10th which in relation to where we were we I came in, is obviously a massive improvement, hopefully we can hold on to finish in the top 10 and claim European football next season.

The frustrating thing is that we have performed so well against some of the bigger teams in the league and then struggled against the teams below or around us. If it takes massive games for my players to step up, then that is quite sad and we may have to move some of those players on in the coming weeks, starting this evening I want to put these performance woes to bed, Charlton are going down, and I expect nothing less than 3 points."

Preston-North-End-icon.png

Guest Scout Maker

Luton vs Everton friendly confirmed

24bmcgo.gif

Today it was confirmed that mid table Divison 4 side Luton would take on Premier League Champions League contenders Everton. Everton manager Jon Kroiter issued the challenge to new Luton manager Dan Forester and Forester was quick to accept the challenge as he thinks of it as "A great opportunity to get recognised as a great manager". The match will take place tomorrow only one day after Luton's league match with Brighton and Everton's match with West Ham United. When asked about how Dan felt about the player's fitness only one day after a match he replied "The players have had a three to four day rest after every game for the last few months after we haven't played any friendly's and we are out of both the Cup and Shield. They always have energy left after matches so this is a great way for them to use that extra energy against one of the best teams in the country. The players are very excited like me as Everton are a great club and I think it is a great chance for Luton to get recognised in England. We don't expect to be thrashed, we will give Everton a really good game and we will see what happens.

ofro8j.jpg

(Luton star Sven Bender)

England Excitement

steven-gerrard.jpg

Gerrard: Not even warming the bench for Leedsfan, who incidentally manages Everton too

As the Leedsfan regime starts tomorrow night at Wembley against Canada, there has been much talk about the starting line up. Ex-Skippers, Steven Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand, didn't even make the 30 man squad. "It has been proven time and time again that Steve & Frank and Rio & John cannot play together," stated Leedsfan, "This time there is a lot of emphasis towards the future but this team can win things now. Player like Jack [Wilshere] and [Phil] Jonesy are the future and can be better players if the are comfortable in the setup. They won't start but they are on a steep learning curve and that has to start now.

The likely lineup is:

------------------Hart---------------

G.Johnson--Lescott--Terry--A.Cole

-----------------Barry---------------

-------J.Cole-------Lampard--------

Lennon----------------------Walcott

----------------Rooney--------------

"The reason for the change of formation, is that 4-4-2 is ancient and too predictable," explained Leedsfan, "I want a bit of flair from my side."

With all these changes, Leedsfan would want to hope that the results flow in.

Odds are:

England $1.50

Draw $3.25

Canada $8.00

Hartlepool 1 Queens Park Rangers 3

jara-1.jpg

Jara causing problems at Hartlepool

Despite the Colchester hiccup QPR continue a good run of form beating Hartlepool 3-1 away on Wednesday evening. Rangers have now only 1 loss in the last 6 games and look comfortable in 4th place in the league. Manager Sgt Fury is confident that his team can stem the Leeds/Swansea and Shorpe threat for 4th and finish out the season with victory in the playoffs and claim the prize of a second division spot next season.

"At the moment we look pretty good and I think the players are feeling relaxed about the challenge ahead. I've been here now since May 30th and although I only have just over a 50% win rate I believe the tide is turning in my favor. The lads are starting to come around to the Fury way of thinking and are starting to realise what I can bring to this club."

Franco Jara and Patrick Agyemang are two players who side with the Fury doctrine. Jara - "some people are quick to pick up on some of the more negative side of the boss but he knows football and wants us to win. I see through all that other stuff and just try and learn from him."

Agyemang - "he push us good, and expect a lot from us. And he should because we are professional and should welcome the challenge he give us."

Both players looked very good again tonight with Aygemang picking up another 2 goals and Jara getting his 5th man of the match award and 3rd straight 9 rated performance.

There are changes ahead though. In Sgt Fury tradition, a major shake up of the squad is rumored after the season ends. "when we get promoted I need to ensure that we stay there so I need to strengthen areas that need it. Everyone, and I mean everyone is fighting for a place on this team right now. It's eat your weakest man time at Queens Park Rangers."

Archived