The 4 region challenge - Discussion thread

Longnose

Re: The 4 region challenge - Discussion thread

Lost 2-1 to QPR tonight in the Play-Off Semi final

QPR deserved the win.....

2 seasons 2 play-off losses.....

Will take a long hard look at the future of Preston over the next week

Hopefully QPR will go on to win the final for 5579 :)

Keep at it Lenny, it'll come, there's short seasons so a poor season isn't the end of things.

I know you must feel a little disappointed mate, 2 loses in play-offs isn't so nice to swallow, I think you have a good system in place and the right players, the problem seems to be when the play-offs come around.

Keep working at it, Season 3 can easily be your year their is no manager there right now that compares to you, well ofcourse Pat comes close. Just keep at it, when you do succeed it will be even sweeter. :)

Unlucky mate. Good luck next season.

I was surprised I won this game. Never had the time to bring in my 3 loan signings from Arsenal.

Next up in the Final I've got Middlesbrough. I think I could win this game but I've got quite a few NMF players and I haven't really got the strength in depth to cover these positions.

Unlucky mate. Good luck next season.

I was surprised I won this game. Never had the time to bring in my 3 loan signings from Arsenal.

Next up in the Final I've got Middlesbrough. I think I could win this game but I've got quite a few NMF players and I haven't really got the strength in depth to cover these positions.

Yes well deserved....Your team was the better tonight

Shame you only come on here when you win a big game

BTW when was the last time you posted on here?

And yes it is me being a bad loser;););)

Good luck in the final:D

Yes well deserved....Your team was the better tonight

Shame you only come on here when you win a big game

BTW when was the last time you posted on here?

And yes it is me being a bad loser;););)

Good luck in the final:D

Well i've been on holiday for the last 3 weeks and hardly had a chance to log onto the forum.

Been on it from my phone but for some weird reason I can't post from a phone :confused:

Thanks anyway. I;m sure you'll bounce back next season ;)

Guest drseanfitz

OK people. we have 3 issues to address before the new season starts, and unfortunately Dave isn't here so I think we are going to have to try to sort them out ourselves.

1) Shield

as we don't have Dave's scoes for the season I suggest the team from each region with the highest league position, irrellevant of division

Man City - Aston Villa - Chelsea - Newcastle

2) Points

do we change them, if so what to we need, ideas or agreements(my idea here)

3) Internationals

World cup starts soon, we had agreed on 8 managers - including Dave, who would be managing - I suggest we give it until Weds to see if Dave appears, if not we should see if we can still try and get the 9 together.

but we can happily discuss the available points,

OK people. we have 3 issues to address before the new season starts' date=' and unfortunately Dave isn't here so I think we are going to have to try to sort them out ourselves.

[/size']

1) Shield

as we don't have Dave's scoes for the season I suggest the team from each region with the highest league position, irrellevant of division

2) Points

3) Internationals

World cup starts soon, we had agreed on 8 managers - including Dave, who would be managing - I suggest we give it until Weds to see if Dave appears, if not we should see if we can still try and get the 9 together.

As a relitive newbie ie not here last season - is the shield a friendly thing amongst those 4 teams? If so is it 2 legged or 1?

Guest drseanfitz

As a relitive newbie ie not here last season - is the shield a friendly thing amongst those 4 teams? If so is it 2 legged or 1?

friendly knock out cup, 1 legged, at the start of the new season, should be the top point scoring team from each region, but we don't have them figures.

Guest drseanfitz

OK people. we have 3 issues to address before the new season starts' date=' and unfortunately Dave isn't here so I think we are going to have to try to sort them out ourselves.

[/size']

1) Shield

2) Points

3) Internationals

NO ONE got an opinion????????????????????????????????

NO ONE got an opinion????????????????????????????????

Totally agree with shield teams

Drop GD .....Think everyone wants that

For me ....More points to division 1 final positions.......Should be a big insentive to get into Division 1.....

thanks for taking this on Sean......

Totally agree with shield teams

Drop GD .....Think everyone wants that

For me ....More points to division 1 final positions.......Should be a big insentive to get into Division 1.....

thanks for taking this on Sean......

Agreed.

Though the points difference between div 1 & div 2 shouldn't be to much.

agree with what leeny said. Scrap Goal differance and make the gulf in point between div 1 and 2 more.

With the points you could run the points down the leagues too the number of teams participating, so bottom team gets 1 point and top team gets 30 points

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=64274

KEEP POSTED TO THIS PAGE AS I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE IT IN THE ABSENCE OF DAVE. HOPEFULLY HE RETURNS SOON.

Did you guys start participating in the WC Qualifiers from the 1st game?

If you had beated the team that was unmanaged in your group eg. Netherlands or Germany did you still get 2 points for that?

The Region of EC 106 have finally started living up to their name but it is their new found SAVIOUR they owe the hard work to.

Have a look. More updates to come but I have 3 hrs to sleep before work starts so EC 3951 and EC 1, will have to wait a bit longer.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=1116057#post1116057

Guest drseanfitz

A huge thanks to Bibi for sorting out the scores on the other thread. Showing that he can do more than just beat us week in and week out.

And an even bigger thanks to Dermo for keeping 106 alive:)

I know it's not easy for us all with Dave not being around at the moment, but I'm sure we can survive.

So with regard goal difference, do we scrap it all together, or do we use this idea(which got some positive feedback at the time)

At the start of the season, each region nominate one team(must alter each season, and everyone must have a go over each 5 season period), and their final GD is added or subtracted from the regions final points total.

I like the idea from Simon of giving out points from the bottom up for final places

i.e. team at bottom of 2 gets 1 point up to 10 points for 1st in division 2, and then 11 points for 10th in div 1 up to 20 points for whoever finishes top(points obviously will vary slightly just an example). to supplement this we could award 5 points to each divisional winner and maybe a 2 point bonus at the start of each season to each team that starts in division 1.(starting season 4 for fairness) this means teams have points from the off, and does reward teams for having several top flight teams.

A huge thanks to Bibi for sorting out the scores on the other thread. Showing that he can do more than just beat us week in and week out.

And an even bigger thanks to Dermo for keeping 106 alive:)

I know it's not easy for us all with Dave not being around at the moment' date=' but I'm sure we can survive.

So with regard goal difference, do we scrap it all together, or do we use this idea(which got some positive feedback at the time)

I like the idea from Simon of giving out points from the bottom up for final places

i.e. team at bottom of 2 gets 1 point up to 10 points for 1st in division 2, and then 11 points for 10th in div 1 up to 20 points for whoever finishes top(points obviously will vary slightly just an example). to supplement this we could award 5 points to each divisional winner and maybe a 2 point bonus at the start of each season to each team that starts in division 1.(starting season 4 for fairness) this means teams have points from the off, and does reward teams for having several top flight teams.

I like the idea where one team nominates one team and the goal differance rule only applies to them and simons idea of points go down the divisions.

One last thing until dave returns we will have an unmanaged club.