Formula 1 2010 Discussion Thread

Ashh

Re: Formula 1 2010 Discussion Thread

I would like to see either Hamilton' date=' Webber, Vettel or Button win tonight in Singapore. I just don't like Ferrari to win especially Alonso. He seems to have his luck in Singapore unlike Massa. Massa had encountered many technical problems with his car in his two appearances in Singapore.[/quote']

I don't want Alonso to win either,it's not because of the Hamilton thing although it was at first but he just reminds of Schumacher a lot were he will do anything to win,now when you instruct your team(Renault) to crash Piquet into the wall then he went down in my estimation an awful lot and I actually have no respect for him whatsoever as he endangered another man's life,it also shows the immense amount of pressure he likes to put his teammate under and of course this is why he threw his toys out of the pram when Hamilton could actually live with the pressure Alonso put on him,Massa seems quite happy to be the number two driver to Alonso which is why he got an extended contract.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that I don't want Alonso to win, as since Hockenheim it's been clear that Ferrari not only are backing Alonso, but don't really care that Massa has car issues and is last on the grid which will have implications on their Constructors points (that's where the financial gain comes from for the team, not the WDC). You can tell they don't care when they say that it means Alonso won't have to race his team-mate. That's how you know they still hold the same attitude as they did in Hockenheim.

I think Vettel made two costly mistakes in Q3 that ruined his chances of getting on pole for this race and as I said in my last post, I can't see us dominated all the races to the end.

I think, but for a mistake or an incident on the first lap, Alonso will probably win the race unless, like in Monza, one of (or maybe more) the other four is fundamentally quicker and passes him via the pit stop phase. The weather won't play too big a part as it's at night where any afternoon showers will have gone, leaving, at worst, a damp track.

If there are any Singapore-based forumers on now, what has the weather been like today there and what is the forecast for around 7pm-9:30pm local time?

I don't want Alonso to win either' date='it's not because of the Hamilton thing although it was at first but he just reminds of Schumacher a lot were he will do anything to win,now [b']when you instruct your team(Renault) to crash Piquet[/b] into the wall then he went down in my estimation an awful lot and I actually have no respect for him whatsoever as he endangered another man's life,it also shows the immense amount of pressure he likes to put his teammate under and of course this is why he threw his toys out of the pram when Hamilton could actually live with the pressure Alonso put on him,Massa seems quite happy to be the number two driver to Alonso which is why he got an extended contract.

You do realise that Alonso had no say in that decision. It was the team management that decided that, not the drivers.

That's like saying John O'Shea is a good player because he plays for Man.Utd.

I hope you don't only base your decision of the Hamilton/Alonso conflict on what the british press says. The press only know about the tip of the iceberg and even then they screw the facts to get the headline they want. In this case the evidence is biased towards Hamilton as he was the "plucky young brit". I'm not saying that Hamilton was to blame but he was certainly not innocent at all.

I'm hoping for a Klein or Lotus win but i think that's unlikely. B)

What time does it start?

Going to be a very interesting run-in actually after seeing that Qualifying yesterday. McLaren look faster, Ferrari are faster, and Red Bull are nowhere near as far ahead as they were at the start of the year. I still don't fancy Hamilton's chances though, Webber seems to be letting the pressure get to him, Vettel has a habit of making mistakes.

So for that reasoning, I fancy Alonso or Button to win it. Although I still have that aching feeling that a Red Bull can't possibly not win this title, not sure why! Possibly because of how dominant they have been through most of the season.

Has anyone got the F1 2010 Video Game? I have to say I'm really enjoying it myself:).

I have it on the Wii. It's OK but the gameplay isn't brilliant. Either you have the Racing Line assist on - making it almost impossible to pull out to overtake or to pit because you are literally stuck to the racing line and to pull away you have to completely lurch off the line and often onto the grass. If you turn the Racing Line off' date=' it's very tricky to control, although I tried doing this (with AI on Medium) and still ended up winning races way too easily.

And it's too easy, with the assists on. Without them, it's impossible and not fun. With them, it's more enjoyable, but too easy. I put one stint in Practice, without the Racing Line assist, right at the start, and still come 1st by about 2 seconds.

Also, the others cars NEVER crash or have technical problems (unless you ram Heidfeld into the wall seperating the pits from the race track on accident and he doesn't move for the rest of the race).

But I'll definitely be getting the xbox version, should hopefully be a lot more realistic than the Wii, which, lets face it, doesn't offer the most realistic gaming experience. Might give it a few weeks after release though and see what offers come about.

You do realise that Alonso had no say in that decision. It was the team management that decided that, not the drivers.

I hope you don't only base your decision of the Hamilton/Alonso conflict on what the british press says. The press only know about the tip of the iceberg and even then they screw the facts to get the headline they want. In this case the evidence is biased towards Hamilton as he was the "plucky young brit". I'm not saying that Hamilton was to blame but he was certainly not innocent at all.

I'm hoping for a Klein or Lotus win but i think that's unlikely. B)

Regardless of the Renault of McLaren incidents, he's still incredibly stroppy if things don't go his way and is more obsessed with how Hamilton is doing than he is doing.

Oh bloody hell, I didn't even realise we had this thread. I knew about the other Formula One thread that wasn't very active at all, and I can see why now. :o

This is my favourite race of the season. Night race, quality corners and there is bound to be a good crash. Routing for Hamilton as always, he better not go out in the second bloody corner again! :rolleyes:

Luke' date=' coverage starts at 12pm and the race starts at 1pm.

Personally I'm hoping for a Vettel or Webber win and a Hamilton DNF.[/quote']

That's what i want too.. Personally, Vettel is my favourite this year but i feel this is last chance for Webber to be World Champion. I'm big fan of him since his Jaguar day

You do realise that Alonso had no say in that decision. It was the team management that decided that' date=' not the drivers.

I'm hoping for a Klein or Lotus win but i think that's unlikely. B)[/quote']

Alonso and Briatore pretty much run that team together since his original Renault days when he was WDC twice,also if Alonso admitted he was guilty then do you really think he would still be racing now? Alonso had a huge input and the fact is he arranged it to be the lap after he pitted otherwise it wouldn't have worked,do you really think that the team planned all of this behind Alonso's back? a bit delusional if you think that's the case.

And no I base it on the fact of what he done to Piquet,Piquet is a good driver but Alonso put so much pressure onto him that it affected his driving,if he and the team made him crash just so Alonso could win what kind of pressure did he put him under during the rest of his time at Renault? Alonso wants to control any team his driving in which he has at Renault and now at Ferrari but he didn't at Mclaren,I don't really see Mclaren favouring Hamilton over Button this season but it seems to me Alonso wanted Mclaren to favour him over Hamilton which didn't happen and then the whole copying Ferrari affair happened because he didn't get what he wanted.we never will know the ins and outs of both situations bu that's my take on it.

FFS! Hamilton tries something and basically get's past Webber, who comes back to him as he came into the corner, and they clashed, Hamilton out! :rolleyes:

He looks well p!ssed off. Just took his steering wheel off and threw it out of the car. It's being investigated by the stewards now.

FFS! Hamilton tries something and basically get's past Webber' date=' who comes back to him as he came into the corner, and they clashed, Hamilton out! :rolleyes:

He looks well p!ssed off. Just took his steering wheel off and threw it out of the car. It's being investigated by the stewards now.[/quote']

Hamilton's fault completely,he cut back in to Webber who gave him more than enough space,if Hamilton went wider and used the kerb he could have stayed ahead and overtook him to be honest,sheer stupidity from Hamilton has cost him the title to be honest.

;1173520']Yeah' date=' just got it.

I'm gonna start a career with Lotus, as I think they're the fastest out of the 3 starting teams. :)[/quote']

It's Virgin,I won the first race on Medium but changed it to my custom settings and Finished 24th twice and 14th in the last race due to my pitstop taking ages for some unknown reason:o,it's a good game thought and I always find Online a good challenge even though some idiots go out to crash people on purpose.

It's Virgin' date='I won the first race on Medium but changed it to my custom settings and Finished 24th twice and 14th in the last race due to my pitstop taking ages for some unknown reason:o,it's a good game thought and I always find Online a good challenge even though some idiots go out to crash people on purpose.[/quote']

I was thinking that, but I just tried with HRT (they are far tooo slow) and Lotus were qualifying higher than Virgin, with De Grassi qualifying in 24th. :o

Oh, And expert is too hard for me at the moment, I'll give Virgin a try on Hard. :)

;1173520']Yeah' date=' just got it.

I'm gonna start a career with Lotus, as I think they're the fastest out of the 3 starting teams. :)[/quote']

I started a career with Lotus, qualified on pole 7 seconds faster than Webber, found a menu which I hadnt seen before regarding damage, tyres etc, fiddled about with the difficulty, finished 22nd out of 22 finishers, got a drive-thru penalty for re-entering the race dangerously.

Im a bit of a noob as regards strategies, so if anyone would like to share their strategies, feel free, and if you're an XBOX user, add me "JamesBurrow" and join my party.

Guest MR. HAMMER

Well the new F1 game is out anyone on the xbox with live I will be seting up a thread so we can do a carear on line just for fun so be ready it will be up next week as I am geting the game on tusday or wenday.

I started a career with Lotus' date=' qualified on pole 7 seconds faster than Webber, found a menu which I hadnt seen before regarding damage, tyres etc, fiddled about with the difficulty, finished 22nd out of 22 finishers, got a drive-thru penalty for re-entering the race dangerously.

Im a bit of a noob as regards strategies, so if anyone would like to share their strategies, feel free, and if you're an XBOX user, add me "JamesBurrow" and join my party.[/quote']

if you're 7 seconds quicker than a RBR car then I'm assuming you're playing on easy?

;1173612']if you're 7 seconds quicker than a RBR car then I'm assuming you're playing on easy?

Yeah, I put the difficulty onto Medium but I was still in 5th place after 12 laps of a 20 lap race, fell down the field after a mis-timed pit stop, drive thru penalty and spinning on Option tyres.

I wanted a Red Bull win and a Hamilton DNF, I guess one out of two isn't bad and, from a Red Bull fan point of view, the better scenario probably played out in the end. I think Martin Brundle explained it well in that Webber wasn't given much room to do anything, and he had the racing line going into the corner. Hamilton could have used the kerb, or if that wasn't possible, run wide, using the extra road and yield the position which is what Webber had to do last year when he passed Alonso by running wide.

Alonso today was annoyingly untouchable today, although Vettel was getting close to him on the last lap and he might have made a move had it not been for Kovalainen stopping on the track, although it would have been notoriously difficult.