Javier HERNANDEZ

usEf

Re: Javier HERNANDEZ

Sorry to bump an older thread, but what would you make of this?

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Cuauhtemoc Blanco and Javier Hernandez have been dropped from Mexico's squad for Wednesday's friendly against Iceland in Charlotte, North Carolina, despite scoring this week against North Korea.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-03-19-1554463378_x.htm

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Cuauhtemoc Blanco and Javier Hernandez have been dropped from Mexico's squad for Wednesday's friendly against Iceland in Charlotte, North Carolina, despite scoring this week against North Korea.

This is a good thing because Ill tell you one thing,Cuathemoc is a sure starter for Mexico,the confidence he gives them is massive,so I think the two most sure players to be at the World Cup are the two that got excluded.

Seems OK now' date=' his value has gone up a couple of million overnight for me.

Strange bug, but there are a few at the moment- including some Free Agents needing more than 75% to meet value...[/quote']

Yeah, noticed that myself, it shows say £750,000 as the 75% of a £1million rated player, yet it actually costs you close to the £1million to sign them!!, strange alright.

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8609973.stm

Manchester United to sign Mexican striker Hernandez

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign striker Javier Hernandez from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara for an undisclosed fee.

The deal for the 21-year-old, who has scored four goals in four senior international appearances for Mexico, is subject to a work permit.

Personal terms have been agreed and Hernandez passed a medical this week.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I am delighted to have reached a deal to sign such an exciting young striker."

He added: "He has been in prolific form for both his club and his country. He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer."

The club will submit their work application for Hernandez shortly, with a view to him becoming a United player on 1 July, 2010.

And should Hernandez, as expected, make Mexico's World Cup squad, United fans could be given their first glimpse of his talents when England face Mexico at Wembley in a friendly on 24 May.

Well thats all the encouragement I needed, pick this boy up :P

Just saw that on the BBC as well...

*takes Hernandez off the 'to sell' list, adds to loan list*

Utd have a long list now of possible striking options for what is (currently) a single striker position:

Rooney

Berbatov

Owen

Diouf

Wellbeck

Macheda

....and now Hernandez. Who know's if he will even get any minutes next season outside of the League Cup.

Just saw that on the BBC as well...

*takes Hernandez off the 'to sell' list' date=' adds to loan list*

Utd have a long list now of possible striking options for what is (currently) a single striker position:

Rooney

Berbatov

Owen

Diouf

Wellbeck

Macheda

....and now Hernandez. Who know's if he will even get any minutes next season outside of the League Cup.[/quote']

Berbatov is hit and miss though. We saw how much faith Fergie had in him last night when he preferred a 40% fit Rooney.

Owen is too injury prone.

Diouf - no one really knows if he's good enough

Wellbeck - not good enough yet

Macheda - will possibly be loaned out to get experience.

....and now Hernandez. Who know's if he will even get any minutes next season outside of the League Cup.

That's if he gets a work permit :D

UK Law says he must have played 3/4 of his countries internationals in the last 2 years...(correct me if I'm wrong:D)

Mexico have played a total of 33 matches since June 2008...Hernandez has played in 4....erm 1sec getting my trusty old calculator out

Ok back....he has appeared in 12% of all the games played by Mexico in the last 2 calender years

Even if Mexico won the World Cup - he wouldn't get past 50% - even excluding friendlies he wouldn't make the required 75%

Oh I forgot that Man Utd aren't subject to the same employment laws that all other UK teams are - see Mame Diouf and McDonald Mariga as an example :D

I have seen him on youtube since he joined Manu .Very good player he can score with both feets and lightning quick ' date='but [b']would he get a chance for manu next season with Macheda playing well ?[/b]

Unless Macheda finds great form, I would have thought Hernandez would get the preference. Macheda is still 18, still has alot of time to develop, at 21, this guy is at a better age to get games assuming they both play well.

I too have seen him on youtube, and I like his game better than Macheda, given all Macheda can do is score goals, (he doesn't have a great deal of pace so all he really does is hold the ball up, he also isn't a great passer YET) whereas this guy has got alot more pace, and the leading goalscorer in Mexico's league at 21 is a nice feat.

Also guys, as far as his rating, it seems like he's Chivas best player (or close), since hes got Penalty duties etc. and there are 9 players in the squad that have a higher rating than him, so he possibly should be rated 87/88/89 by now, just to be level with some of his teamates, which means SM should take that into account when he gets reviewed in the English ratings which are a little while from now.

The work permit rules are blurred quite a bit by the 'exceptional talent' clause which says:

The player, through his club, must prove to a panel of appointed legal and football experts that there are mitigating circumstances why he does not automatically qualify AND furthermore must prove that he is a player that will significantly improve British football. This is often called the "exceptional talent rule". That is simplistic as there are many other things to be proven in additional to his "skill". The reason why he has not already achieved the 75% criteria, his lifestyle, criminal record, personal background, club career, international career, national selection policy, relationship with national coaches and other criteria is also reviewed in addition to video evidence of the player and written testimony from esteemed coaches he has represented in the past.

Man Utd are very good at using this clause...

Mexico's current FIFA ranking inside the top 20 will definately help in this respect, and the players form since breaking into the NT will definately play it's part. I fully expect him to get a WP.