Bundesliga Risers, Talents & Droppers 2010

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents & Droppers 2010

Phil/Timesle,

A bit late to ask, but what the heck happened to Hannover 96 at the end of the season (in a good way)? They sucked after Hanke's death and seemed certain to go down after the 0-7 loss to Bayern and then they pull off two great wins.

defo riser by 3/4

As he isn't on the database' date=' no.

Phil/Timesle,

A bit late to ask, but what the heck happened to Hannover 96 at the end of the season (in a good way)? They sucked after Hanke's death and seemed certain to go down after the 0-7 loss to Bayern and then they pull off two great wins.

Actually Enke died. But nevertheless the team had to struggle because of this. The last two games were against weaker teams and Hannover played very well in these two matches. So they deserved to avoid relegation.

Re: Riferimento: Bundesliga Risers, Talents & Droppers 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now added a line of best fit in the rating-standing figure which can be viewed here:

aaafib.jpg

Of course rating is much more than mathematical terms and my figure has to be viewed with caution as surely nobody would say that the Bayern Munich regular squad who has reached the CL final this season is overrated as the line of best fit shows. And of course on the other hand a team who finished 16th in league can't be that underrated like Nurnberg seems to be.

But all in all I think it's nice to view.

I love this type of analysis timesle... Nice work...

We have made the case elsewhere on the Forum that the Bundesliga should see a ratings improvement versus the other big leagues in Europe. If that is the case' date=' it SHOULD BE a situation where a "rising tide lifts all boats".

[b']

So while someone may look @ that best-fit graph and say[/b], "Bremen, Hoffenheim, Hamburger Wolfsburg, etc... all under-performed compared to their ratings and thus the players could be in for a drop...", I would just echo timesle's sentiment and say "Slow down..."

Here's why... Because we can make the very strong argument that the Bundesliga is currently under-rated compared to La Liga, EPL, Ligue 1, & Serie A, the red best-fit line in that graph above (^^^) should be raised by maybe half a point or more.

If you do that, you can show that most of the Bundesliga teams still have ample room to grow in terms of average/median player ratings, just to get up to where they deserve to be vis-a-vis the rest of the European leagues.So if you are looking for that Hamburger player to drop because of their league finish, you might be waiting quite a while. If you are looking for that fantastic Wolfsburg player not to get a rise because of their league finish, you might be surprised when they get that +1.

Badstuber is a massive talent. Normally I'm very cautious with future predictions' date=' but he does have the talent to become a really big player. And the national team isn't too far away either.[/quote']

i can buy neuer or akinfeev dont suppose you know if neuer is the better prospect seing as he is fighting for germanys no1 spot

Phil, timesle, & anyone else ~

Let's have it.... Teams of the season.
Maybe Bundesliga First XI & Second XI for the season (when you have time). The LB spot is still a tough one for both of those teams IMO... Curious what you guys come up with...

Thanks.

Aside:
and
are some previous stabs @ the XIs for the 1st half of the season.

Phil' date=' timesle[/i'], & anyone else, etc... ~

Let's have it.... Teams of the season. Maybe Bundesliga First XI & Second XI for the season (when you have time). The LB spot is still a tough one for both of those teams IMO... Curious what you guys come up with...

Aside: Here and Here are some previous stabs @ the XIs for the 1st half of the season.

I missed most parts of the Bundesliga season, but I watched every round of Bundesliga during the ruckrunde, so here's my squad for the 2nd half of the season....

--------------------Muller ------------------

Lahm --- van Buyten -- Hummels ---- Castro

-------------- Träsch --- Khedira --- ---------

--------------------Robben--------------

------------ Olic -- Kuranyi -- Dzeko ----------

Molinaro had a good shout at being the LB, but Castro was awesome throughout the whole season whilst Molinaro arrived in January.

Cacau and Marica had strong shouts too. Barrios was awesome aswell, but where would put him? It was so hard to choose the strikers and thus I had to improvise abit and put Robben as an AM in order to have 3 strikers up there.

Best XI:

-------------------- Butt ---------------------

Lahm ----- Hummels ---- Delpierre ---- Molinaro

---------- v. Bommel ---- Sahin ---------------

-- Robben ---------------------------- Kroos --

------------ Kiessling ---- Dzeko --------------

Subs: Adler, Castro, Mertesacker, Hyypiä, Schweinsteiger, Frings, Marin, Kuranyi

Delpierre and Molinaro IMO both had excellent games after the winter break, and as much as I hate to admit it, van Bommel did a great job. The offense pretty much was sealed, maybe Marin instead of Kroos.

The 'surprise' XI:

--------------------- Müller ---------------------

Schwaab ----- Cris ----- Badstuber ---- Schmelzer

------------- Träsch ---- Bender ---------------

Reus --------------------------------- Großkreutz

-------------- Barrios ---- Müller -----------------

Subs: Reinartz, Bastians, Matip, Schwegler, Bargfrede, Schürrle, Bunjaku

The 'Flop' XI:

--------------------- Rensing ----------------------

Bouhlarouz ---- Barzagli ---- Braafheid --- Abdennour

------------- Tymoschuk -- Maniche ---------------

-- Hleb ---------------------------------- Arango --

---------------- Podolski ----- Berg ----------------

Subs: Hildebrand, Tasci, Rozehnal, Petit, Pranjic, Pogrebnyak, Klose/RvN

Is Mokoto Hasebe any good?' date='just seen him rated at 87 in my setup and even though he isn't mentioned as a riser in the list his got a fair few minutes,is there any chance of him reaching 88?[/quote']

Isn't a regular for Wolfsburg and hasn't been a regular for them since Kostner-Gunther arrived during the winter. He is a ood player defensivly, but not that good offensive. Should stay though.

The 'Flop' XI:

--------------------- Rensing ----------------------

Bouhlarouz ---- Barzagli ---- Braafheid --- Abdennour

------------- Tymoschuk -- Maniche ---------------

-- Hleb ---------------------------------- Arango --

---------------- Podolski ----- Berg ----------------

Subs: Hildebrand' date=' Tasci, Rozehnal, Petit, Pranjic, [b']Pogrebnyak[/b], Klose/RvN

Boulahrouz may haven't been living up to the standards that was expected from him when he first joined Suttgart, but he has been pretty good these latest games under Gross. I agree that he hasn't been so good for Stuttgart, but on the other hand, which defenders did impressive pre-Gross this season? I agree though with you, but just sayin'....

Pogrebnyak. May not score as much as Marica and Cacau, but he is a good target player, who can handle his defender and give the ball to Cacau/Marica. Based on goal: Yes he has been a flop. Based on performances: No, he hasn't been a flop.

Van Nistelrooy hasn't been a flop in my opinion. Scoring some goals in the penalty area that only Ruud can. Could you define the RVN part for me. I don't get how you can put him as a flop. He is scoring regulary. If you put in Hamburg's performances this season and base it on RVN performances, I think you should have a look at Labbadia.

Pogrebnyak. May not score as much as Marica and Cacau' date=' but he is a good target player, who can handle his defender and give the ball to Cacau/Marica. Based on goal: Yes he has been a flop. Based on performances: No, he hasn't been a flop.[/quote']

I'm currently sitting next to a VfB fan, and even he fully agrees on Papo. Considering his price tag, and what he did in the Russian league, people expected more from him. And he didn't fulfil these expectations in the slightest.

Just a little comparison. I made a small bet with Timo on who would score more, Papo or Barrios, and I was the one who actually felt like taking the more risky option. What can I say, I'm now the one who can enjoy a free beer ;)

Van Nistelrooy hasn't been a flop in my opinion. Scoring some goals in the penalty area that only Ruud can. Could you define the RVN part for me. I don't get how you can put him as a flop. He is scoring regulary. If you put in Hamburg's performances this season and base it on RVN performances' date=' I think you should have a look at Labbadia.[/quote']

Again, compared to what was expected from him, he didn't do enough. Sure, he scored a couple of goals, but he was completely invisible in most games where he started. And as a 'joker', who comes and scores from the bench, he's simply earning too much.

Hi Guys....

ROLFES to stay? I know he's been injured since Jan

Had a good look through the thread and couldn't see him mentioned except when being compared with the Benders and Tasci

He definitely should stay. If it wasn't for his injury, and if he had kept his pre-injury form, he'd be a strong contender for a NT starting spot, and in SM terms, for a rise.

I'm currently sitting next to a VfB fan' date=' and even he fully agrees on Papo. Considering his price tag, and what he did in the Russian league, people expected more from him. And he didn't fulfil these expectations in the slightest.

Just a little comparison. I made a small bet with Timo on who would score more, Papo or Barrios, and I was the one who actually felt like taking the more risky option. What can I say, I'm now the one who can enjoy a free beer ;)[/quote']

Good point, but Stuttgart were a team in a mess (atleast half the season) and with no previous routine from Germany, it's perhaps to early and harsh to judge Pogrebnyak now. I would still wait another season to see on how he develops.

Btw, did anyone see Germany's friendly against Malta? Very good play from Pöldi and Cacau is particulary. Just look at Kiessling's behaviour. He complaned on his team-mates when he didn't get the ball. He just summed up everything on his own - Cacau in WC, Kissling not.

[...]

Btw' date=' did anyone see Germany's friendly against Malta? Very good play from Pöldi and Cacau is particulary. Just look at Kiessling's behaviour. He complaned on his team-mates when he didn't get the ball. He just summed up everything on his own - Cacau in WC, Kissling not.[/quote']

IMO Poldi wasn't that good. In first half he has been a bit disappointing against Malta, with due respect, a very weak football nation. With the substitution of Grosskreutz Poldi became better. After all it's difficult to judge players after this match at the end of the season against a such a team.

Good players IMO: Cacau, Grosskreutz and maybe even Aogo

I want to buy Sven Ulreich and Sven Bender' date=' I would be grateful for information about them (rating or general) thanks:D[/quote']

Ratings -> First page of the thread

More about -> Ulreich

Hi guys' date=' can I have your predictions about Carlos Eduardo? Thanks :)[/quote']

Ratings -> First page of the thread

If not in there -> stay

Do you think that i should sell Carlos Eduardo or keep him? I don't see many Hoffenheim games and i don't know very well what to do... Thank you ;)

Depends on the game world you are in.

If you can get a better player that will rise for sure then selling him might be a option to raise the funds. But there is also no real need to sell him as he still was one of the better players of Hoffenheim.

Marcel Schafer..worth keeping or should i sell him??

As he will stay, I can tell you the same I answered SirL. If you can get a better one, selling him maybe an option though I doubt that Schäfer has the potential to rise much higher than he is now.

Do you think that is better sell carlos eduardo and buy ever banega? I know that they play in different positions but i want banega and i don't have enough money to keep Carlos Eduardo and buy ever banega...:confused:

Do you think that is better sell carlos eduardo and buy ever banega? I know that they play in different positions but i want banega and i don't have enough money to keep Carlos Eduardo and buy ever banega...:confused:

I would do that deal.

As the Martin Harnik deal to Stuttgart is official,is there any chance of him getting some decent playing time if Marica,Cacau and Pogbrenyak stay fit next season.

EDIT:I saw Jendrisek joined Schalke,and there's a lot of rumours about Kuranyi leaving,so do you think he get a lot of game time next year as well?