Bundesliga Risers, Talents & Droppers 2010

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents & Droppers 2010

What do you make of the (according to Transfermarkt) soon to be completed transfer of Westermann to Hamburg?

Seemed very strange to me

Well, Magath was handed a transfer-budget of 7M € to spend on new players this window. He could get some well needed money from the Westermann transfer and could use it to strengthen many areas of the team in order to make it ready to compete in CL.

It's confirmed now from Magath's side btw.

Well' date=' Magath was handed a transfer-budget of 7M € to spend on new players this window. He could get some well needed money from the Westermann transfer and could use it to strengthen many areas of the team in order to make it ready to compete in CL.

It's confirmed now from Magath's side btw.[/quote']

I hope he knows what he's doing. I can't really think of anyone better than Westermann he could get to sign for 7M €.

He must have a plan though, lets wait to see what happens next B)

Asthebundesligahasrecentlybeenrated Therewontbeanyrisersinthenearfuture will rise from 85 to 98.

Timo' date=' I can't find him on the DB. :/

What position does he play, what's his nationality? :confused:

Yeah yeah, I know it's a joke.

I hope he knows what he's doing. I can't really think of anyone better than Westermann he could get to sign for 7M €.

He must have a plan though' date=' lets wait to see what happens next B)[/quote']

Magath's plan is that he can improve Metzelder so that he will be a good first team player again and use the money of the Westermann deal to get Raul as Schalke really need to improve their offense after Kuranyi left.

Can you see Tunay Torun being in Hamburger's first team plans in next seson? What is your rating predictions for him?

No. And it's too early for rating predictions.

Timo' date=' I can't find him on the DB. :/

What position does he play, what's his nationality? :confused:

Yeah yeah, I know it's a joke.

Joke? I'm never joking. :P

It's a viking. Honestly, you as an expert should know that.

Just add a 'son' to his name. :D

Is Castro worth buying? I can buy him or Beck or Jansen' date=' but I am not sure who shows more promise as I did not get to watch Bundesliga very often.[/quote']

He is a regular for Bayer Leverkusen and he is very versatile (DEF/DM). I would buy him, he is still young and with a bit of luck, Bayer could be more succesful this year which could mean an increase for him

He is a regular for Bayer Leverkusen and he is very versatile (DEF/DM). I would buy him' date=' he is still young and with a bit of luck, Bayer could be more succesful this year which could mean an increase for him[/quote']

Ok, sounds good, thank you very much.

Is Mlapa who has joined Hoffenheim any good? I know Hoffenheim are usually quite good at bringing youngsters through like Carlos Eduardo,Beck and Obasi,I know his been brought from 1860 Munchen and I was just wondering whether his been any good?And I'd like to know the same for Jendrisek as well.

Thanks

Is Mlapa who has joined Hoffenheim any good? I know Hoffenheim are usually quite good at bringing youngsters through like Carlos Eduardo' date='Beck and Obasi,I know his been brought from 1860 Munchen and I was just wondering whether his been any good?[/quote']

Didnt see him play but he is a member of the german u-19 squad which means he has something good to show :D I would buy him if that is your dilemma because he is very cheep right now or u could just wait a bit.

Everton were also after him sometime in May.

Didnt see him play but he is a member of the german u-19 squad which means he has something good to show :D I would buy him if that is your dilemma because he is very cheep right now or u could just wait a bit.

Everton were also after him sometime in May.

Thanks But I'll wait for an opinion on a player who his already watched him:)

Phil (or anyone else).

Do you think Badstuber will get changed to a LB/CB in the next changes after playing LB in the world cup?

What rating do you think he could get potentially?

Probably he will, not only due to his appearances in the WC but because he is expected to play mostly at LB this year for Bayern. I think he could reach 90 at the end of this year ;)

As long as Rafinha plays at Schalke I can't see him in the first team.

I haven't seen Uchida up to now. But with due respect to the J league I would say that Hoogland with Bundesliga experience currently should be ahead of him.

So far there were no hot rumours about Rafinha leaving.

Just read this article on transfermarkt: Rafinha leaving????

It seems to me (from my rubbish translating skills) that what Magath is saying is that it is likely that Rafinha will leave, as he's no longer as important to the team as he once was.

It seems to me (from my rubbish translating skills) that what Magath is saying is that it is likely that Rafinha will leave' date=' as he's no longer as important to the team as he once was.[/quote']

Well, since Scheiße 05 are struggling financially and need to generate funds to buy more players, they could sell him. Plus, Ratinha is the bad boy of the team, he has poor discipline (He came back late after the winter break and Magath was unhappy IIRC), so Magath could sell him.

He won't be missed, because Hoogland would easily replace him! :D

It seems to me (from my rubbish translating skills) that what Magath is saying is that it is likely that Rafinha will leave' date=' as he's no longer as important to the team as he once was.[/quote']

He probably will leave to be fair,As Magath says the financial situation at Schalke is very bad and has been for a while now,Magath wants to bring in Raul and therefore has to cut his cloth accordingly,I am just going off estimates here but Raul is supposed to be on something like 100k per week at Real Madrid and might want the same if he is to join Schalke,Schalke can't afford to pay 100k per week unless they sell of some of there key players,now they have already lost Kuranyi are selling Westermann and need to lose some more money of the wage bill so therefore Rafinha is a sellable asset in a position were they are well covered by Hoogland and Uchida,say if they get 10 million for Rafinha and Westermann is been sold for 7 Million then it means they have 17 million and as far as Magath is concerned the squad hasn't been unstrengthened and as the three players have been sold it frees up the wages to bring in Raul.

He probably will leave to be fair' date='As Magath says the financial situation at Schalke is very bad and has been for a while now,Magath wants to bring in Raul and therefore has to cut his cloth accordingly,I am just going off estimates here but Raul is supposed to be on something like 100k per week at Real Madrid and might want the same if he is to join Schalke,Schalke can't afford to pay 100k per week unless they sell of some of there key players,now they have already lost Kuranyi are selling Westermann and need to lose some more money of the wage bill so therefore Rafinha is a sellable asset in a position were they are well covered by Hoogland and Uchida,say if they get 10 million for Rafinha and Westermann is been sold for 7 Million then it means they have 17 million and as far as Magath is concerned the squad hasn't been unstrengthened and as the three players have been sold it frees up the wages to bring in Raul.[/quote']

hello mate, i have Christopher NOTHE for my brighton lg & was wondering of he will het another decent rise. can u help. cheers

hello mate' date=' i have Christopher NOTHE for my brighton lg & was wondering of he will het another decent rise. can u help. cheers[/quote']

I have no idea mate and your best off until Phil or Timesle respond,I follow Schalke so I can talk about them but don't know much about Dortmund Reserves tbh:o.

Can anyone tell me anything about Mario Gotze? I did search but the last post on this thread was back when he made his debut in november last year.

Is he worth keeping? Likely to get many games next season?