GC106: SPL - Discussion Thread.

Re: GC106: SPL - Discussion Thread.

106ABERDEEN.jpg

Update from Pittodrie.....

Finally won a trophy with Aberdeen, picking up the Scottish Shield on penalties versus Killie after a 2-2 draw in normal time. Don't really like winning things on penalties but had by far the better of the stats so was a deserved win in the end.

In the league, currently in 3rd but just 3 points behind leaders Inverness and a point off 2nd placed Hibernian. At the half way stage it is looking a three horse race for the title.

Picked up a couple of high profile new signings....

4491_1278836591.jpg7068_1273601864.jpg

Lukas Podolski arrives from Fiorentina in exchange for Christian Maggio and £750k. Doesn't really make my starting XI any stronger but I like Podolski so happy with the deal.

Juan Vargas also arrives - joining from Arsenal in exchange for youngster Ivan Perisic and £4.8m. Was more than happy to trade an 87 for a 90 and take the risk that Perisic takes Dortmund by storm. Vargas is also a favourite of mine which helped make the decision a very easy one.

These latest deals leave the first team squad looking like this....

ABERDEEN-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

106ABERDEEN-1.jpg

At the fourth time of trying, Aberdeen finally win the SPL after ICT and Hibs' challenges fell away in the final weeks of the season. Celtic are also relegated from the top flight:eek:

The team that took us to the title was .....

ABERDEEN.jpg

Will be looking to improve the squad depth over the coming weeks to cope with a run in the SMFA Champions cup.

Will be looking to improve the squad depth over the coming weeks to cope with a run in the SMFA Champions cup.[/font]

I can loan you Theophile-Catherine/Medel/Boukari if they would be any use to you next season (can give you all 3 if you want). :) You can sell me Osvaldo while you're at it too - I'll pay handsomely. ;)

While I'm here, despite not being in Scotland, Milan have agreed to sign Falcao from Valencia for Anderson + Monreal (but I have to do it in two parts due to chairman). :) Pleased with that and it means both Kerzhakov and Brown (who will both have decent shouts for a rise the next time Russia gets reviewed) can be traded..might even let Brown leave for a good cash offer. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Inverness CT continued their 100% record in all competitions for new manager Aaron Burns with a comfortable 0-3 win away against Malaga in the first leg of their first round SMFA Shield tie. This follows a 4-2 victory over Dundee United in the first league match of the season and a 1-2 victory over Aberdeen in the Charity Shield. Burns liked the look of the squad when he took over, and felt few changes were necessary at this point, other than to add depth in some positions. Transfer activity so far:

Out:

none

In:

Miguel De Las Cuevas, 88 AM/Wing - 8 mil. from Milan

Macedo Michel, 86 RB - 6 mil. from Manchester United

Christian Trasch, 89 DM/RB - loan from Barcelona

Reame Xandao, 86 CB - loan from Juventus

Rafael Cairoca - 87 CM/DM - loan from Internazionale

• 4 months later...

Inverness CT continued their 100% record in all competitions for new manager Aaron Burns with a comfortable 0-3 win away against Malaga in the first leg of their first round SMFA Shield tie. This follows a 4-2 victory over Dundee United in the first league match of the season and a 1-2 victory over Aberdeen in the Charity Shield. Burns liked the look of the squad when he took over' date=' and felt few changes were necessary at this point, other than to add depth in some positions. Transfer activity so far:

Out:

none

In:

Miguel De Las Cuevas, 88 AM/Wing - 8 mil. from Milan

Macedo Michel, 86 RB - 6 mil. from Manchester United

Christian Trasch, 89 DM/RB - loan from Barcelona

Reame Xandao, 86 CB - loan from Juventus

Rafael Cairoca - 87 CM/DM - loan from Internazionale[/quote']

Congrats on the league mate - you raised the bar this year and left my mighty Dons floundering. We will re-group and be fighting you all the way next year!