It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings  

1. 1.

We have all seen it, managers neglecting their teams leaving them to be wasted and relegated.

Its about time to make the game even more 'realistic' ....

SM should introduce manager sackings.

The chairman already states there ambitions or goals at the start of every season but if you fall short of this then absolutely nothing happens you just start a new season.

Some 'top' teams go on game after game losing and the manager is unpunished, SM should bring in sackings so managers who want to manage can manage.

This will go hand in hand with job offers as well, how in the world can a Division 3/4/5 manager be first choice for a top 10 team?

We should all be able to apply for any vacant position, then the manager with the best record should get the job, not just giving it to some manager who 9 times out of 10 does not want the job then the job is only open to people that come into the world and not to managers who are already managing in that game world.

It's time to sort it out......

You can then progress your managerial career literally from the lowest division to the best in Europe by getting promotions to better clubs, and not have it handed to you on a plate.

Thank you all.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

Have to say i agree with managers getting sacked, Maybe whoever finishes in bottom 3 and gets relegated should get the boot and give someone else the chance to take on that team, Ive seen many decent teams get relegated and i see it as a good challenge to work them back up again for a new manager not the manager who sunk them there in the 1st place.

Riferimento: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

Part of your idea is good and part is good but only for GC's. There are many many game worlds (not gold championships) which have already a lack in managers, if they introduce manager sacking, then this will lower even more the players in those game world. In a gold championship this could be a good idea because there are lots of managers there and it can be done. About the 2nd idea, it might be good, but same thing, this might decrease managers in gameworlds, because it would mean that during time, ppl managing lower teams wont be anymore, because they will all get offers for the bigger teams.

Your ideas are good for Gold Championships, but not for all other game world championships.

Have to say i agree with managers getting sacked' date=' Maybe whoever finishes in bottom 3 and gets relegated should get the boot and give someone else the chance to take on that team, Ive seen many decent teams get relegated and i see it as a good challenge to work them back up again for a new manager not the manager who sunk them there in the 1st place.[/quote']

Exactly, There are far too many very good teams languishing at bottom of leagues or that have been relegated.

But also to stop teams like Barcelona for instance from going down the Chairman should be able to step in and sack the manager so someone who the Chairman wants can come in and take them back to glory.

Re: Riferimento: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

Part of your idea is good and part is good but only for GC's. There are many many game worlds (not gold championships) which have already a lack in managers' date=' if they introduce manager sacking, then this will lower even more the players in those game world. In a gold championship this could be a good idea because there are lots of managers there and it can be done. About the 2nd idea, it might be good, but same thing, this might decrease managers in gameworlds, because it would mean that during time, ppl managing lower teams wont be anymore, because they will all get offers for the bigger teams.

Your ideas are good for Gold Championships, but not for all other game world championships.[/quote']

Totally agree, It would only work in Gold Championships.

It will give managers incentive to manage a smaller team as they will be able to progress and have a career, and know if they do well then they will be rewarded.

Also with the 'job offers' Why should a Milan team that was offered to a Barcelona manager for instance, was rejected then someone from outside the GC can just pick them up! Whilst there are plenty of other very good managers already in the GC that could have applied for the vacant position.

This way there would be like a page dedicated to open positions, where you can apply for different managerial positions. It would also stop people just leaving a club and not returning to the GC as they will now be able to apply for another team of there choice. (as long as the position was open of course)

I have a number of teams that I have been working on for years. Lets say I decide to challenge for some cups, or have a bad run of injuries, or simply forget how to set a tactically sound team, and this team of mine that I have worked on improving for 1 - 3 years gets taken from me... I'd be fuming, and would no longer be playing the game.

I have a number of teams that I have been working on for years. Lets say I decide to challenge for some cups' date=' or have a bad run of injuries, or simply forget how to set a tactically sound team, and this team of mine that I have worked on improving for 1 - 3 years gets taken from me... I'd be fuming, and would no longer be playing the game.[/quote']

Of course though the Chairman would recognise a managers loyalty and length of service.

But if you say have a good Inter team and they were to get relegated then surely you deserve to get sacked, regardless of injuries and any other excuses.

Of course though the Chairman would recognise a managers loyalty and length of service.

But if you say have a good Inter team and they were to get relegated then surely you deserve to get sacked' date=' regardless of injuries and any other excuses.[/quote']

How would the chairman determine what a good Inter team and a bad Inter team is.

The previous manager could have made an absolute mess of them, for you to come in and work really hard on the team. During this 'transitional period' you lose a lot of games, and get sacked, despite working your socks off and turning the team back into a top team.

Then there's the opposite. Let's say a manager has a Leyton Orient, which he has spent 3 years on and have 14 90+ players. He then for whatever reason leaves, and the new manager takes over, neglects them, and gets relegated. He should be sacked, but it is only a Leyton Orient, so the chairman doesn't recognise this.

Ok, so lets do it using average ratings, or average rating of the top 21 rated players. Well what if a team has 20 88+s, but they are all roughly 33 years of age. He sells them for cash/ cheap part ex deals, and gets himself a great young team that he has spent a lot of time on, that is full of risers and talents, but then gets sacked as the team cannot live up to the same standards that the short fix of the 33 year olds provided.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I have a number of teams that I have been working on for years. Lets say I decide to challenge for some cups' date=' or have a bad run of injuries, or simply forget how to set a tactically sound team, and this team of mine that I have worked on improving for 1 - 3 years gets taken from me... I'd be fuming, and would no longer be playing the game.[/quote']

I have mixed views on this subject, initially I felt like Tom (Radebe) because I am not a club hopper and most of my teams Iv'e had for a very long time, slowly building them up. However, I see that there is a problem when some 'managers' just run teams down to the ground and that can be very annoying, I've seen this on more than one occasion.

Perhaps a solution to the problem would be for SM to designate certain game worlds beforehand as "Manager sackings involved" and then people have the choice to try them out or not, whatever the case may be. I for one would go into a set up like that and test myself but I don't believe that SM could/or should implement it across the board as that would not be fair and that's where I agree with Tom.

For instance; I have taken a PSV side from 4th to 1st in a WC with very little cash, it took about five seasons to achieve 1st division status but after two seasons I got relegated, I am top of the 2nd division half way through the league programme and hope to bounce back up right away, now to say I would be angry at being sacked after all the work I put into that team would be an understatement....so as I say, perhaps in the future, SM could designate certain set ups and people have the choice to go into them or not. :)

i think the sacking should be like levels of concern right now.

as the CM designates his goals and manager does not achieve his concerns increases and he might not invest in the club.

if the goals aren't still met he may reduce the funds available to the manager

and say he is not able to deal with the CM expectations for straight 3 season then only he should be sacked.

Riferimento: Re: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

i think the sacking should be like levels of concern right now.

as the CM designates his goals and manager does not achieve his concerns increases and he might not invest in the club.

if the goals aren't still met he may reduce the funds available to the manager

and say he is not able to deal with the CM expectations for straight 3 season then only he should be sacked.

this kinda goes on a disadvantage to smaller teams with smaller funds. AS david and Radebe pointed out, many managers go for smaller teams and work them out (selling the oldest, even if best players to buy young lower rated ones), doing this would mean a higher risk to fail to save the team from relegation or fail to get to a higher division. How would small teams survive without any funds?

How would the chairman determine what a good Inter team and a bad Inter team is.

The previous manager could have made an absolute mess of them' date=' for you to come in and work really hard on the team. During this 'transitional period' you lose a lot of games, and get sacked, despite working your socks off and turning the team back into a top team.

This is my whole point, to stop managers totally ruining a team, they are sacked. It could work on avg ratings of first team, results, time allowed to turn the team around. If you were to take over the Inter team and lose a lot of games then you should not be in charge.

I recently taken over a Inter team that had won 7 lost 8 and drawn 2 in all competitions nearly all players NMF and lots of baggage.

I have managed them for 16 games and have won 12 drawn 4 and lost 0. All the team needed was a manager to spend time with them and sort them out.

Then there's the opposite. Let's say a manager has a Leyton Orient, which he has spent 3 years on and have 14 90+ players. He then for whatever reason leaves, and the new manager takes over, neglects them, and gets relegated. He should be sacked, but it is only a Leyton Orient, so the chairman doesn't recognise this.

It does not matter what team you are, poor results and league standings count for all teams. If the Chairman wants a title challenge even if its in division 3 and they get relegated then surely the manager should be replaced.

Ok, so lets do it using average ratings, or average rating of the top 21 rated players. Well what if a team has 20 88+s, but they are all roughly 33 years of age. He sells them for cash/ cheap part ex deals, and gets himself a great young team that he has spent a lot of time on, that is full of risers and talents, but then gets sacked as the team cannot live up to the same standards that the short fix of the 33 year olds provided.

Then the manger should think about this and use his knowledge of the game to see that replacing a whole team with young talents just does not work and should therefore plan the teams future by bringing younger players into the team gradually

I have mixed views on this subject' date=' initially I felt like Tom (Radebe) because I am not a club hopper and most of my teams Iv'e had for a very long time, slowly building them up. However, I see that there is a problem when some 'managers' just run teams down to the ground and that can be very annoying, I've seen this on more than one occasion.

Perhaps a solution to the problem would be for SM to designate certain game worlds beforehand as "Manager sackings involved" and then people have the choice to try them out or not, whatever the case may be. I for one would go into a set up like that and test myself but I don't believe that SM could/or should implement it across the board as that would not be fair and that's where I agree with Tom.

For instance; I have taken a PSV side from 4th to 1st in a WC with very little cash, it took about five seasons to achieve 1st division status but after two seasons I got relegated, I am top of the 2nd division half way through the league programme and hope to bounce back up right away, now to say I would be angry at being sacked after all the work I put into that team would be an understatement....so as I say, perhaps in the future, SM could designate certain set ups and people have the choice to go into them or not. :)[/quote']

That is a very fair point.

To have 'Manager Sacking Involved' stated before a new GC would work very well.

It would be very unfair to do it across every previous Game World.

But I believe it should be there from now on.

Riferimento: Re: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

Then the manger should think about this and use his knowledge of the game to see that replacing a whole team with young talents just does not work and should therefore plan the teams future by bringing younger players into the team gradually

Its not that easy, count that for any young prospect at least 10 managers (in a GC) will be interested in him. If he goes Gradually he might lose many, many good future risers.

Re: Riferimento: Re: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

Its not that easy' date=' count that for any young prospect at least 30 managers (in a GC) will be interested in him. If he goes Gradually he might lose many, many good future risers.[/quote']

You work to your teams needs and not buy every young talent that comes along. Thats why players concerns were brought in.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

You work to your teams needs and not buy every young talent that comes along. Thats why players concerns were brought in.

yeps' date=' player concers were made to prevent [u']big teams[/u] from buying all young prospects available. player concerns werent made to deny smaller teams to buy young players. In gold champs, managers of the smaller (for example Leyton Orient, radebes example) teams tend to buy low rated young rising players rather than veteran old high rated ones (because hardly they will be available in terms of price and wage for Leyton orient) this is why Player concerns were introduced. but if a manager of a smaller team, doesnt buy all the prospects he can, with the funds available and by selling the old dropping players til he can, all other bigger teams with more funds, will buy em away.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: It's about time SM brought in Manager Sackings

yeps' date=' player concers were made to prevent [u']big teams[/u] from buying all young prospects available. player concerns werent made to deny smaller teams to buy young players. In gold champs, managers of the smaller (for example Leyton Orient, radebes example) teams tend to buy low rated young rising players rather than veteran old high rated ones (because hardly they will be available in terms of price and wage for Leyton orient) this is why Player concerns were introduced. but if a manager of a smaller team, doesnt buy all the prospects he can, with the funds available and by selling the old dropping players til he can, all other bigger teams with more funds, will buy em away.

At the end of the day he has taken over a football team and should do well by that team albeit they may need more young risers.

But again if he was to do well with that team then he may be able to apply for higher positions.

If he wanted to stay a try and take the team all the way to the top then he would have to be realistic with the players he would be able to bring in.

That is a very fair point.

To have 'Manager Sacking Involved' stated before a new GC would work very well.

It would be very unfair to do it across every previous Game World.

But I believe it should be there from now on.

Only if its a free to join GC to start with as well - because as we all know any change in the game has about 9 months teething problems afterwards before they level out - and I'd be really annoyed if I spent 3 quid on a team to then lose them because of a bad run in the league or 9 or 10 injuries which kill the 1st team for 1/2 a season.

I'v always been an advocate for managers sackings particulary now we all get the chairmans expectations at the start of the season which mean nothing if there isn't reward or punishment for either delivering more than they ask or failing completely.

But before anything else is introduced SM need to iron out player concerns which in my view needs a lot of work done to them before they become effective in what they are ment to do and stop being as inconsistent as they are at present.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: It's about time SM brought in Mana

At the end of the day he has taken over a football team and should do well by that team albeit they may need more young risers.

But again if he was to do well with that team then he may be able to apply for higher positions.

If he wanted to stay a try and take the team all the way to the top then he would have to be realistic with the players he would be able to bring in.

there are managers that dont rush things, managers that dont want to win everything in the fastet time possible, some managers take their time to build a team made of only young talented rising players, even if it will take 2-3 seasons to start making some progress.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Only if its a free to join GC to start with as well - because as we all know any change in the game has about 9 months teething problems afterwards before they level out - and I'd be really annoyed if I spent 3 quid on a team to then lose them because of a bad run in the league or 9 or 10 injuries which kill the 1st team for 1/2 a season.

I'v always been an advocate for managers sackings particulary now we all get the chairmans expectations at the start of the season which mean nothing if there isn't reward or punishment for either delivering more than they ask or failing completely.

But before anything else is introduced SM need to iron out player concerns which in my view needs a lot of work done to them before they become effective in what they are ment to do and stop being as inconsistent as they are at present.

I made the point about certain GC's adopting this policy, not all of them, then people could choose if they want to go into a GC with or without manager sackings. If you chose to go into a GC with a manager sacking clause, and you were sacked you wouldn't have to leave the set up, just be offered a lesser team and start again to build them up. I agree that there needs to be more work on the player concern before we even think about manager sackings, but I could get into a system where you were under pressure to do well, or face the chop.

I don't know how they work out job offers at the moment but if you are doing well with a smaller team you should be offered a better club as an incentive to keep up your good management skills in that system, and if you have a top club and are not doing well enough for the teams abilities then you should be sacked and offered a lesser club till your skills get good enough to manage the big boys of whatever leagues. :)

but I could get into a system where you were under pressure to do well' date=' or face the chop.

I don't know how they work out job offers at the moment but if you are doing well with a smaller team you should be offered a better club as an incentive to keep up your good management skills in that system, and if you have a top club and are not doing well enough for the teams abilities then you should be sacked and offered a lesser club till your skills get good enough to manage the big boys of whatever leagues. :)[/quote']

Simples:)

Well said.

I made the point about certain GC's adopting this policy' date=' not all of them, then people could choose if they want to go into a GC with or without manager sackings. If you chose to go into a GC with a manager sacking clause, and you were sacked you wouldn't have to leave the set up, just be offered a lesser team and start again to build them up. I agree that there needs to be more work on the player concern before we even think about manager sackings, but I could get into a system where you were under pressure to do well, or face the chop.

I don't know how they work out job offers at the moment but if you are doing well with a smaller team you should be offered a better club as an incentive to keep up your good management skills in that system, and if you have a top club and are not doing well enough for the teams abilities then you should be sacked and offered a lesser club till your skills get good enough to manage the big boys of whatever leagues. :)[/quote']

Thats a fair point - however most of the people that do well with a smaller club are the people that take the time to read the forum, newspapers and football websites and then "scout" *cough cough* the up and rising talent, so they are the people in general that arn't intrested in moving clubs because a lot of the talent they have "scouted" (read about) is already at the club they are manageing.

Job offers won't work properly until people can register an intrest in moving clubs and then the system looks at the register and offers lubs on that basis, the amount of people that get offered a club they don't want is unreal, where there could be potentially 10 - 15 people waiting for a job offer to come along.

Like I said I'm all for sackings - but one persons ruining a team could be anothers rebuilding a team - at the end of the day the only basis on how well a person is doing with a team should be the amount they have managed the team to win games and then how many leagues and cups - not if they have 30 talents in there side or 30 over 30 year olds - thats irrelevent compared to honours.

Also take Real madrid for example would you sack if they finished 3rd in the league? Or if they hadn't won a cup in 2 seasons?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Thats a fair point - however most of the people that do well with a smaller club are the people that take the time to read the forum' date=' newspapers and football websites and then "scout" *cough cough* the up and rising talent, so they are the people in general that arn't intrested in moving clubs because a lot of the talent they have "scouted" (read about) is already at the club they are manageing.

Job offers won't work properly until people can register an intrest in moving clubs and then the system looks at the register and offers lubs on that basis, the amount of people that get offered a club they don't want is unreal, where there could be potentially 10 - 15 people waiting for a job offer to come along.

Like I said I'm all for sackings - but one persons ruining a team could be anothers rebuilding a team - at the end of the day the only basis on how well a person is doing with a team should be the amount they have managed the team to win games and then how many leagues and cups - not if they have 30 talents in there side or 30 over 30 year olds - thats irrelevent compared to honours.

Also take Real madrid for example would you sack if they finished 3rd in the league? Or if they hadn't won a cup in 2 seasons?[/quote']

If it was YOUR Real Madrid I would :D....and that sarcastic *cough cough * :confused:, I hope that's not aimed at me young man, :P. I rarely have big money to spend as the majority of my teams are small clubs but I have my sources for tapping into some bright youngsters....in fact, I have brought in a couple for my Kilmarnock in our new GC challenge so be warned. ;)