Call of Duty: Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Was hoping for a bit of help :)

I am going to invest in a pair of Turtle Beeches ' date=' but i havent a clue about them or anything , i mean whats all this x11 x41 etc all about , so yeah any help , details as much as you can would be greatly apreciated , thanking you[/quote']

The X means for Xbox

And the X41 are one of the best there are

The X11 are one of the most basic

You do know they banned half a million people on PS3 for doing that

I don't understand that?

If someone innocently goes into a game and suddenly gets into a 15th prestige lobby, I'm sure they can't ban them. I really don't understand how they do it.

Unless it's done in Private Matches or Treyarch/Activision look through the host's and people in the lobbies messages.

Ok cheers JBK

So for instance if i liked the sound of the X31

could you tel me as much detail as you could about them ' date=' what they do etc

Nice 1;)[/quote']

You are better off looking for reviews online for the X31 I'm not that sure sorry

I don't understand that?

If someone innocently goes into a game and suddenly gets into a 15th prestige lobby' date=' I'm sure they can't ban them. I really don't understand how they do it.

Unless it's done in Private Matches or Treyarch/Activision look through the host's and people in the lobbies messages.[/quote']

On PS3 they have patched how to host lobbies

You can only get 15th by hacking

• 2 weeks later...

add me on psn : sanjaycj

im on first prestige after playing a short while. it seems easier to get kills here than on mw2, except when my internet is slow, i play awfully bad.

my fave setup:

aug (until i can buy the AK), it's fast, powerful, doesn't shoot all over the place

-extended mag

-rds

rpg, when they see you and are coming after you, just wait for them, you see them... BOOM. die. and you often get 2x kills at once.

i use semtex, nova gas (because it tells me if theres an enemy over there - over a longer period than flashbang and stun)

also use claymore, plant it in the most popular areas = bound to get a kill (sometimes multi)

perks are:

hardline (screw everything else i need my 10 killstreak LOL)

warlord (double grenades, double attatchments = god)

marathon (universal)

Interesting seeing other people's set-ups that are often so different to you own. Playing a lot of demolition lately and this is my current favourite set-up:

Primary: Galil w/Silencer

Secondary: Akimbo Pythons - love those guns!

Lethal Grenade - Frag

Tactical Grenade - Flash

Equipment - Claymore

Perk 1 - Ghost Pro

Perk 2 - Sleight of Hand Pro

Perk 3 - Hacker Pro

Also like to run the G11 with Steady Aim for Perk 2.

I'm already looking forward to MW3. Just can't get into this game. It's not even doing badly - far from it, I regularly go above a 2KD, I just don't enjoy it one dosh.

There are some great additions from MW2 - Being able to pick up planted claymores, C4, etc, the map voting system, unlocking perks. Theatre mode, wager matches, combat training. The removal of deathstreaks (thank the lord). Second chance / Last Stand (still getting the kill). But some other things are too far the other side. Sniping is still very poorly done, I don't like the whole buying guns, attachments, etc, killstreaks (so overpowered, and only Ghost Pro to avoid them, which is nigh on impossible to get unless you plan on not prestiging). I can see the fun in designing your own emblems but there at least should standard ones you can unlock and use - I for one am not the artsy sort and I just cannot be bothered with it. I doubt I'm the only one. The gameplay isn't great either really is it.

MW2, for all its faults, I still love playing. Does anyone here seriously prefer BO to MW2? And if so, why? Not trying to sound scathing, I'm just genuinely wondering what it is people prefer! Most people I know are in agreement that the general gameplay, guns, money system, maps, etc just aren't as enjoyable as MW2 or COD4.

Edit:

Mark, if you're still looking at Turtle Beaches, it all really comes down to budget. The higher the number, the better the headset. I got a pair of X11's a couple of months back and they are perfect for me. Only £35, comfortable, good enough to sound whore, overall good for casual gaming.

I'm already looking forward to MW3. Just can't get into this game. It's not even doing badly - far from it' date=' I regularly go above a 2KD, I just don't enjoy it one dosh.

There are some great additions from MW2 - Being able to pick up planted claymores, C4, etc, the map voting system, unlocking perks. Theatre mode, wager matches, combat training. The removal of deathstreaks (thank the lord). Second chance / Last Stand (still getting the kill). But some other things are too far the other side. Sniping is still very poorly done, I don't like the whole buying guns, attachments, etc, killstreaks (so overpowered, and only Ghost Pro to avoid them, which is nigh on impossible to get unless you plan on not prestiging). I can see the fun in designing your own emblems but there at least should standard ones you can unlock and use - I for one am not the artsy sort and I just cannot be bothered with it. I doubt I'm the only one. The gameplay isn't great either really is it.

MW2, for all its faults, I still love playing. Does anyone here seriously prefer BO to MW2? And if so, why? Not trying to sound scathing, I'm just genuinely wondering what it is people prefer! Most people I know are in agreement that the general gameplay, guns, money system, maps, etc just aren't as enjoyable as MW2 or COD4.[/quote']

I can see what you're saying somewhat. Lately I've found myself wanting to re-purchase MW2 but I've never got around to it.

However, I do still like Black Ops. I think it's a much more balanced game bar the AK74-u. On MW2 there were too many aspects to the game that were over-powered and you don't get that as much on Black Ops. I absolutely suck at sniping so the fact that it's been nerfed in Black Ops isn't an issue to me.

The thing I do dislike about Black Ops however is the money system, like you pointed out. If just seems too easy to buy the guns you want and the attachments you want. It was so much more fun on MW2 having to earn your attachments and, even more so, your titles and emblems. I think the emblem designer is a great addition but I wish you could still unlock your titles through a series of challenges like you could on MW2. It really gives you something to work towards while you enjoy playing the game, as sad as that sounds (!).

For me, if MW3 was as balanced as Black Ops with a scrapped money system and re-introduce the challenges to unlock your titles, then I'd consider it the perfect game. Hell, bring back quick-scoping for all I care - it's easier for me to kill the try-hards attempting 720 no-scopes and failing miserably! :P

Oh, and bring back the Nuke!

MW2' date=' for all its faults, I still love playing. Does anyone here seriously prefer BO to MW2? And if so, why? Not trying to sound scathing, I'm just genuinely wondering what it is people prefer! Most people I know are in agreement that the general gameplay, guns, money system, maps, etc just aren't as enjoyable as MW2 or COD4.

[/quote']

The gameplay in cod has been the same since cod2. The maps in mw2 were awfull, small, unbalanced, cod4's were forgetable.

The gameplay in cod has been the same since cod2. The maps in mw2 were awfull' date=' small, unbalanced, cod4's were forgetable.[/quote']

There is a massive difference in the gameplay between the Modern Warfare games and Treyarch's games. In the MW series it is just much more fluid, easier to play, easier to enjoy. In my opinion, at least.

The maps in MW2 aren't that small relative to Black Ops. Obviously down to a matter of opinion but I like the medium size of the MW2 maps. Derail aside, they're not large enough that you get bored looking for action yet (Rust aside) they're not small enough that you can't go a few seconds without dying.

Unbalanced? How so?

I didn't play much COD4 admittedly, so can't comment on those maps, although funnily enough of the four maps they added to MW2, only Crash did I get along with.

I can see what you're saying somewhat. Lately I've found myself wanting to re-purchase MW2 but I've never got around to it.

However' date=' I do still like Black Ops. I think it's a much more balanced game bar the AK74-u. On MW2 there were too many aspects to the game that were over-powered and you don't get that as much on Black Ops. I absolutely suck at sniping so the fact that it's been nerfed in Black Ops isn't an issue to me.

The thing I do dislike about Black Ops however is the money system, like you pointed out. If just seems too easy to buy the guns you want and the attachments you want. It was so much more fun on MW2 having to earn your attachments and, even more so, your titles and emblems. I think the emblem designer is a great addition but I wish you could still unlock your titles through a series of challenges like you could on MW2. It really gives you something to work towards while you enjoy playing the game, as sad as that sounds (!).

For me, if MW3 was as balanced as Black Ops with a scrapped money system and re-introduce the challenges to unlock your titles, then I'd consider it the perfect game. Hell, bring back quick-scoping for all I care - it's easier for me to kill the try-hards attempting 720 no-scopes and failing miserably! :P

Oh, and bring back the Nuke![/quote']

Haha, I don't get why people sold MW2 in the first place (unless they despise it, then fair enough). I can never bring myself to sell game unless I haven't played it in over a year or two and don't plan on again.

Agree about the money and titles/emblems. You've echoed my thoughts there exactly. I can see where they were going with it, but I just find it far more enjoyable being able to unlock stuff.

Two things that I have eventually realised are reasons why I prefer the gameplay in the Modern Warfare games is the little sounds - the ones you barely notice. When you're shooting someone and getting the hitmarkers, the little sound and graphic when you get a kill. The other thing is all the achievements. It's nice when you're playing a game and you suddenly get "+3000" for example, and series of achievements come up. You get much less of that in Black Ops with all the attachments already unlocked, which accounts for well over 100 achievements when you include all the guns. There are tonnes more challenges in MW2 to Black Ops.

It's just little things like that, like the recoil on some guns, the sounds, the graphics, the way the character moves. The tiny things that people never even notice. It's those things which, all together, makes MW2 a more enjoyable experience for me. As much as I try, I just don't find myself enjoying Black Ops. It's a good game, no doubt about that, but I get quickly bored. With MW2 I could play for hours (assuming I was playing with some friends).

Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention in the list of "good things" - Dolphin Diving. One of the best additions to Black Ops, in my eyes. So much fun from something so simple.

I'd also recommend these videos for those who haven't seen them. Me and a friend spent a whole game leapfrogging each other and still both came out positive (just!).

j6mXAHBgseQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/penguinz0#p/c/6D6704E7F244CF1F/34/-4X5Vh0HjOw

Do people still play this game that much?

That's what I was just asking. :D

Tbf, there were a lot of flaws in MW2. Just now I was raging for a good couple of minutes after the other guy someone sponged a SPAS-12 blast from point blank range, only to commando lunge me, at 3-3 in a game of SnD when we were the last two (although the ace I got in the first round of the next game cheered me up somewhat). But the noob tubing, the commando, the hacks (the long-range knife one seems to be spreading), etc can get annoying.

Interesting seeing other people's set-ups that are often so different to you own. Playing a lot of demolition lately and this is my current favourite set-up:

Primary: Galil w/Silencer

Secondary: Akimbo Pythons - love those guns!

Lethal Grenade - Frag

Tactical Grenade - Flash

Equipment - Claymore

Perk 1 - Ghost Pro

Perk 2 - Sleight of Hand Pro

Perk 3 - Hacker Pro

Also like to run the G11 with Steady Aim for Perk 2.

You gotten bored and prestiged yet? ;)

MW2 is the best COD ever :D

Take that back, call of duty 4 is the best.

I'm guessing you never played call of duty 4, or if you did it was after mw2 came out.

Sure MW2 has all the enrichments, but cod 4 had the core gameplay at its peak.

COD 4 > WAW/BLACK OPS > MW2

I found COD 4 much more fun and challenging than Black Ops. At least on that you had to unlock attachments for guns rather than buy them when making money on Black Ops is too easy :rolleyes:

Sorry for double post, but yeah, even in COD4 you could only get one Gold Gun in each category, and had to unlock every challenge for every weapon in that category to unlock a random designated Gold Gun in a category.(sounds confusing)

For example, there are 5 snipers. You must get 150 kills(i think) and 150 headshots(i think), with all of the 5 snipers, to unlock a Gold Sniper. Only one of them is the Gold and that is the Dragunov.

Anyway, that was SO much more challenging, and if they did it in MW3 instead of 150 kills and headshots, imagine 1000 kills and 1000 headshots! Would be way more challenging, and of course a complete abolition of boosting.

I think I had my best game ever on COD

It was Demo on Radiation

I went 252 -20

You seen the video of someone going 501-20 (odd) on Havana?

Got his team-makes to choke the spawn points then just stood right behind a popular spawn spot and knifed the enemy every time they spawned.

I still don't understand why the opposition (most of which were on <20 kills and >200 deaths) didn't leave.