Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

One Month After the Argentine Review: the Keep/Sell Thread

Re: One Month After the Argentine Review: the Keep/Sell Thread

It's taken a long time' date=' but Facundo Bertoglio finally has some love from the media. Reports today suggest that Atletico Madrid might be after him in the summer - LINK

To join his compatriot, Eduardo Salvio. That is interesting stuff, what would that mean for the 2 Argentines? Who will play more than the other? How is Salvio himself doing in Madrid, other than a few sub appearances. Will he make a bigger start of it next season. And, which one is better? :)

And while I'm wondering about that, is it time to offload Gabriel Hauche? Not in a GC, but a good EC.

To join his compatriot' date=' Eduardo Salvio. That is interesting stuff, what would that mean for the 2 Argentines? Who will play more than the other? How is Salvio himself doing in Madrid, other than a few sub appearances. Will he make a bigger start of it next season. And, which one is better? :)

And while I'm wondering about that, is it time to offload Gabriel Hauche?[/quote']

Obviously, asking a question like yours, "who would play more than the other?", isn't really one you can answer until if/when Bertoglio made the move. I think it also depends on what Atletico were to do in the summer, as I could easily foresee a bit of an overhaul at the club. For an outsider looking in, it appears that they need to improve their defence first and foremost, but they could very well re-jig the midfield, which could see the introduction of Bertoglio. I think Salvio would be more likely to play initially because he has more playing time/experience under his belt from his Lanus days, as well as six months in Spain, which will stand him in good stead for next season. It seems like Atletico are slowly bedding Salvio in with a view to including him more next season, when I'm sure he'll make more of an impression. Again, looking in from a distance, it appears that the good form of Jose Antonio Reyes has been keeping Salvio out of the side lately, but I'm sure the youngster is the man to fill Maxi Rodriguez' shoes.

So to answer your question, hyperthetically, I'd expect Salvio to start more at first, but I certainly wouldn't rule out Bertoglio making a fist of things in the future. Now, as for who is the better player, that's a very tough one to answer because, in many ways, they have very similar styles. They are of the same height and both have excellent balance and control of the football. They both are superb at dribbling and running with the ball at pace, although I'd rank Salvio as the better goalscorer right now. I don't think there's a lot in it, but Salvio's just ahead as of today, with Bertoglio not far behind.

As for offloading Hauche, it's another tricky one. On the face of things, Hauche is a top, top striker - I'd rank him up there in the top five or so in the whole of the division. So, on that basis, I would tell you not to sell him. However, he joined Racing at the start of 2010 and they have struggled this Clausura in the midst of a relegation dogfight. I fully expect them to stay up and if they win their game in hand against bottom of the table Atletico Tucuman tomorrow night, they'll be in an excellent postition to avoid a play-off against a Primera B division side wishing to earn promotion. That said, however, there could be a possibility that he may drop in the next review due to the team's poor performances, despite being a key player for Racing. His new side have been ambitious with their signings of late and have the potential to develop into a better side than their Clausura performances may indicate, so he could very well be the catalyst to push Racing on - which he is more than capable of doing. I'd keep him for now, particularly if he starts for you in your SM team, and then maybe ask me for a re-analysis during/after the summer.

Thanks again Andy, you have given me food for thought. Hauche is someone I thought could have hit 88, then his transfer to Racing, and his poor form changed my thinking a bit. Cheers, I'll keep an eye out on his form.

Sorry about the silly "who will play more than the other", question. That cannot be known, even if the transfer goes through. Cheers.

Thanks again Andy' date=' you have given me food for thought. Hauche is someone I thought could have hit 88, then his transfer to Racing, and his poor form changed my thinking a bit. Cheers, I'll keep an eye out on his form.[/quote']

He certainly could have gotten 88 at Argentinos, and he probably should have (before he left) to be perfectly honest. Also, don't mistake his lower productivity of goals necessarily as a lower standard of performance. I'd say it's more because of Racing as a team that is seeing him struggle, but I'm confident that they will improve in the future.

He certainly could have gotten 88 at Argentinos' date=' and he probably should have (before he left) to be perfectly honest. Also, don't mistake his lower productivity of goals necessarily as a lower standard of performance. I'd say it's more because of Racing as a team that is seeing him struggle, but I'm confident that they will improve in the future.[/quote']

Racing is a step up believe it or not. They are one of 'the big five'.

Regarding Bertolgio vs Salvio, they are totally different types of players. Think you saw Salvio in his last term in Argentina Andy? Either way, Bertoglio has the out and out winger feel about him. Salvio will be gradually transformed into a forward at Atleti, just as he had been through the Argentine youth teams. He only played where he did for Lanus because of Blanco's injury. He was forced into playing a covering for Blanco for half a year, and Lanus preferred him there in the end, what with Sand already up top.

Basically, if they both make it, they will be on the pitch at the same time.

Racing is a step up believe it or not. They are one of 'the big five'.

Well yes' date=' to you and I it is. But in SM-terms, who more often than not look at the league standings and not a lot more, it seems like a step back (for now).

Regarding Bertolgio vs Salvio, they are totally different types of players. Think you saw Salvio in his last term in Argentina Andy? Either way, Bertoglio has the out and out winger feel about him. Salvio will be gradually transformed into a forward at Atleti, just as he had been through the Argentine youth teams. He only played where he did for Lanus because of Blanco's injury. He was forced into playing a covering for Blanco for half a year, and Lanus preferred him there in the end, what with Sand already up top.

Basically, if they both make it, they will be on the pitch at the same time.

Thanks for your input - you've probably seen more of Salvio to judge. I would stand by my comparison that they are of a similar size and are fairly even in their technical abilities, but I wasn't fully aware that Salvio was more of a forward (obviously, I'd seen him play there, but I presumed that he was primarily a winger).

any idea on mathias cardaccio plays for banfield currently 83??

and i know bogoshiann hasnt had the same season as last year but will he rise???

cheers

Don't really know too much about Cardaccio' date=' other than he got released by AC Milan last year and has landed at Banfield. At the minute, he's only a back-up and will probably stay at 83 when he next gets reviewed. However, he could see some more opportunities when Rodriguez leaves in the summer.

When are the Argentine review?

Well, Argentina was only reviewed a month or two ago, so there won't be another review for a while yet. With the new SM ratings schedule, it's impossible to guess when we'll next see them get around to Argentina.

Well' date=' Argentina was only reviewed a month or two ago, so there won't be another review for a while yet. With the new SM ratings schedule, it's impossible to guess when we'll next see them get around to Argentina.[/quote']

Ok thanks but if it was reviewed a month or two ago, it means that the next are for about June or July or later?

Ok thanks but if it was reviewed a month or two ago' date=' it means that the next are for about June or July or later?[/quote']

I personally wouldn't see the point of looking at Argentina again then as they would only be reviewing the league for 10-12 games worth of the season. Like I said, with the new way that SM are handling the ratings schedule, it's impossible to guess, but I don't see the point in reviewing Argentina until September/October.

any idea on mathias cardaccio plays for banfield currently 83??

and i know bogoshiann hasnt had the same season as last year but will he rise???

cheers

Sorry danubiano, I completely forgot to answer the second part of your post. Boghossian's been disappointing in the Clausura in comparison to his Apertura performances, and he has even been dropped in recent weeks. However, the man who replaced him, Cristian Nunez, was suspended at the weekend and Boghossian came back into the starting line-up to score twice against Colon. That should keep his place in the team until the end of the season, and I'd imagine he would rise to 86 next time around.

Can you please tell me more about these players of River Plate

Roberto Maximiliano Pereyra,

Mauro Alberto Díaz,

Rogerio Funes Mori,

Diego Ortega.

Thanks in advance,

Bojan :)