Gold Championship 109: Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: Gold Championship 109: Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Celtic

One of the 2 form teams in the league the Glasgow giants have been flying of late. Will they miss the injured Bojan, still at least another 10 days away, for the run in?

Last 5 Games - WWWDW

The current run this team is on is mirrored by v.good recent performances throughout the playing squad with players such as Thiago Neves, Carlos Sanchez, Ibisevic, Umut Bulut and Kuzmanovic all impressing over the past few weeks.

The goals and the partnership of Ibisevic and Bulut have been instrumental in getting Celtic into the position they are now in and, no doubt, the club will be looking for them to fire them to the title.

Remaining Matches

Rangers - A

Aberdeen - H

St.Johnstone - A

Dundee - H

Another tough run in and with Rangers now under management again even the derby looks like it could provide a challenging match. Can one of the perceived giants of Scottish football break the monopoly of the so called lesser teams and take the trophy back to Paradise...?

Queen of the South

They're the best squad in the league. They are the current defending champions. But, at this minute in time they are also struggling for form. No worries regarding injury or suspension so can the champions regroup and surge to glory down the home straight?

Last 5 Games - LLDWW

Recent signing Papiss Cisse and winger Del Moral have both been in good form recently but in order to win the title some others are going to have to step up to the plate.

Humberto Suazo has been scoring freely this season and, if his new partnership with Cisse can continue to gel then this team has the obvious quality to retain the title.

Remaining Matches

St.Johnstone - A

Hibernian - H

Motherwell - A

Partick Thistle - H

Other than a tricky away game up next against an in form St.Johnstone this is arguably one of the better run ins and this alone should mean no one discounting the champs from repeating.

St.Johnstone

The other in form team in the league. A lot of draws in the first half of the season looked like dooming Saints title aspirations but now there are a lot more W's on the board. Most of these wins have been convincing as well which has boosted GD, something which could yet come into play on the final day. No major injury worries or suspensions for the Perth men.

Last 5 Games - WDWWW

Almeida and Cacau have been the pick of the bunch recently. Almeida due to his goals and Cacau for his assists.

Over the course of the season the firepower from Almeida up front and Salihovic from midfield has seen these 2 lead the teams resurgence. The recent signing of Abou Diaby could yet prove to be a masterstroke.

Remaining Matches

Queen of the South - H

Rangers - A

Celtic - H

Hibernian - H

Not the hardest run in but there are potential tricky fixtures awaiting them, especially their game on Saturday against the defending champions.

So there you have it. The only thing we can surely say for certain is the title wont be decided until the final day. With that being the case here are the final days matches -

St.Johnstone - Hibernian

Rangers - Motherwell

Queen of the South - Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers - Aberdeen

Celtic - Dundee

Could that be advantage to Andy or Stifler if they are still in it on week 36...?

Only time will tell.

Good luck to one and all.

Aberdeen

Unfortunately for the 3rd best squad in the league a bout of inactivity from Andy has led to a poor run of recent form which has seen him slip from 1st down to 3rd. Can he arrest the decline? The good news is he has a full squad to call from with no injuries or suspensions.

Last 5 Games - WLLLL

Gaston Ramirez has been underused so far this season but he has been one of the few shining lights recently and along with his recent rating increase this may see him getting some extended first team action in the remaining 4 matches.

But in order for Aberdeen to push back to the summit striker Matri' date=' midfielder Strootman and winger Gaitan will need to rediscover their best form for the Dons.

[b']Remaining Matches [/b]

Partick Thistle - A

Celtic - A

Dundee - H

Raith Rovers - A

With their current form being so poor and 3 out of the last 4 games being away from Pittodrie one would think this could spell the end of their title challenge but Aberdeen have been better on their travels this season so hope springs eternal.

Nice work Fraser. :)

The good news is that I'm back and ready for one final push for the last four games of the season! Had a few decent rating changes in the last couple of weeks and I'm hoping they can help spur us on to the title. Good point about Ramirez, but I can't be doing with "form" - he's dropped with Martin coming back in! :P

This run-in is going to be insane. Those in the title race have to play each other now' date=' I've got Aberdeen, Celtic and Partick Thistle to play, 3 of the 4 teams within 3 points of me![/quote']

:D

Can you handle the pressure Kuldeep?!

Comeback... Baby Comeback

Another round of matches gone. Three more still to play. Has the picture gotten any clearer regarding the destination of this years title...?

In a word ... no. But lets recap the most recent round of matches anyway to see if it reveals anything.

Celtic triumphed in the Glasgow derby to move up to 3rd in the league. It was a close fought 2-1 victory with the Hoops having to come from behind to win with goals from Samba and Bulut but in all fairness the large margin in possession should have provided a little more breathing room.

Stifler's St.Johnstone may have fired, if not a fatal blow, an extremely damaging one to the hopes of the holders, Queen of the South, in retaining their title. The Saints just about deserved to squeeze out the 2-1 victory, and again, just like Celtic, they had to come back from behind after wonderkid Gotze had gotten the Doonhamers of to a terrific start with a 1st minute goal. But St.Johnstone battled back with goals from Hubocan and prolific midfielder Salihovic to power them up to 4th in the table. This defeat sees QotS drop to 6th, 5pts behind the leaders and needing to win their final 3 games to remain in with a shout of the title.

As expected current leaders Dundee made light work of unmanaged Motherwell even after going a goal behind. Goals from Ilicic, Schurrle and Soldado (who else!) were more than enough for the Taysiders and the margin of victory could, and probably should, have been far greater for them.

And finally, Aberdeen keep up their fine away form with a comfortable victory over the faltering Jags. A goal in each half from Payet and Benatia were enough to earn the 3pts and push Aberdeen back up to 2nd place in the league. Partick Thistle were outplayed in the game and now find themselves in 5th but still in with a shout as they are only 3 behind the leader with 3 still to play.

Tomorrow's fixtures, as you'd expect, offer some more mouth watering ties -

Rangers - St.Johnstone

Queen of the South - Hibernian

Raith Rovers - Motherwell

Dundee - Partick Thistle

Celtic - Aberdeen

Saints will be hoping to keep up their resurgent form with an away win in Govan. Only a win at home to Hibs will be good enough to keep Queen of the South's faltering title hopes alive. Dundee could kill off a potential challenger whilst also moving one step closer to the title with a home win against Thistle. And the game of the day is in the east end of Glasgow where on form Celtic meet Aberdeen, with their manager back in the game.

109STJOHNSTONE.jpg

Rangers 3 - 4 St Johnstone

Saints stretch the domestic unbeaten run to 15 games with a narrow victory at Ibrox to keep us 3 points off top spot with 2 games to go. Hugo Almeida, Morgan Amalfitano and a Junior Hoilett double for us.

Bye Bye Baby... Goodbye

Two games to go and the big news is ... we're going to have a new champion this season.

Queen of the South have bowed out of the title race after a crushing 3-0 home defeat against Hibernian. Captain Random's Hibees deserved the victory but were maybe a tad surprised at the margin of the win. Derek Riordan was the star man walking away with the match ball after a stunning hat trick. Torrid end of season form has sunk the reigning champs. In all honesty they've been struggling for form for the past 3 or 4 matches now.

The other big news before tomorrow's penultimate round of matches comes from the north east where Aberdeen have surged back to the top of the table after a 1-0 win in Glasgow's east end against an on form Celtic team. Aberdeen deserved to edge home but they had to wait until the 89th minute for a Nicolas Gaitan strike to earn all 3pts. Just how vital a goal could that be...?

St.Johnstone maintain their hot pace winning a 7 goal thriller against Nin's Rangers. In all honesty Saints should have won by a greater margin but at this stage of the season the only thing that matters is getting the points in the bag. This victory sees the Perth men climb to 3rd in the table.

The other big losers after this round were Dundee who, despite having all the possession and creating far more openings, couldn't break down a stubborn Partick Thistle at Dens Park. The match ended goalless and must have left the Taysiders cursing their luck as they really should have gotten the W that would have kept them top of the pile.

So commiserations to QotS but the show must go on...

St. Johnstone - Celtic

Hibernian - Rangers

Motherwell - Queen of the South

Partick Thistle - Raith Rovers

Aberdeen - Dundee

The big matches just keep on coming. 1st plays 2nd at Pittodrie where a victory for the home side would leave only St.Johnstone with a chance of stopping Aberdeen claiming the title. A draw or a victory for Dundee would keep hope alive for all the other challengers.

St.Johnstone are at home to Celtic in the other big match of the day. Both teams have been in great form but Celtic slipped up last time out against the Dons. Another slip tomorrow would finish them off.

The Jags, who are at home to Raith Rovers, need a win to keep their outside title chances alive.

Best of luck again to one and all.

One of the closest end of season run-ins between numerous forumers that I've been involved in - loving it!

In other news, I'm looking to use Tim Krul - recently risen to 88 and a very plausible 90+ for the future - and another player to acquire a good 89+ outfield player. Let me know if you're interested in getting your hands on a top, young 'keeper.

109STJOHNSTONE.jpg

St Johnstone 5 - 3 Celtic

The Saints put paid to Celtic thanks to goals from Cacau x2, Nainggolan, Gago and a debut strike from Inter loanee Obinna. Thanks to Andy's win over Dundee, only a defeat for them at Raith on the final day will open the door for an unlikely title win.... but we do have the goal difference to pip them if they lose and we win.

I expect to miss out but still delighted to end the season on such a high - 16 games unbeaten to date!

Logged in to see 3 suspension notices pending' date=' so knew I was screwed...

Lost 1-0, with Gonalons being sent off in the 17th minute and basically handing the game to Andy. Turned from a six horse race into only two contenders for the title now.[/quote']

:D

Funny how we matched each other's formations! Would be confident of getting some sort of a result against George most days, but I've got a bad feeling about Wednesday... :o

And then there were 2...

So the big one ended up with Aberdeen winning 1-0. It was always going to be a very tight match but the balance swung in the Dons favour after Dundee's influential midfielder Gonalons was given his marching orders as early as the 17th minute.

That win for Aberdeen puts paid to almost everyone elses title aspirations.

Almost... except for St.Johnstone who kept up their excellent winning streak with a 5-3 home victory over Celtic. The hoops had done well to work themselves into the final mix but their form faltered as the finish line grew closer.

Partick Thistle did what they needed to do with a 2-1 home win over Raith Rovers. Evergreen midfield maestro Juan Roman Riquelme got the Jags on their way to the win but it made no difference once the final whistle went at Pittodrie.

Final Day

St.Johnstone - Hibernian

Rangers - Motherwell

Queen of the South - Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers - Aberdeen

Celtic - Dundee

A draw will be enough for Aberdeen to take the title on Wednesday night. If they slip up and lose then Stifler's Saints will be looking to complete a remarkable come from behind victory and sneak the silverware on the last day.

However, if Saints slip up then Dundee, who have a tough final game in Glasgow could grab the 2nd European place with a win. Partick Thistle also still have faint hopes of European action next season but this would require a complete meltdown from St.Johnstone as only a defeat would do coupled with a win for the Maryhill Magyars.

Relegation has already been settled with the division whipping boys Motherwell and Nin's Rangers already down. The Glasgow big guns will be looking to return quickly to the top flight next season but wont have it all their own way in div2 as some of the teams are now managed again.

Hearts, Inverness CT, Kilmarnock and Falkirk are all under managed control, and with only a possible 2 getting promotion to the top flight it means an interesting battle is sure to ensue next season in the 2nd division.

And if results go the right way in the play-offs we could have a full top league for next season.

Well done to one and all as Scotland 109 continues to go from strength to strength, and good luck to Andy and Stifler on Wednesday night.

Kilmarnock might have just put pay to our promotion chase. No biggy though considering i took the side over not having a clue we could finish the season in a play-off position, and me and play-offs really don't seem to go hand in hand. Hopefully next season i can pick up automatic promotion.

Anyway. Its been a busy week at Falkirk with many transfers both in and out of the club. My most pleasing signing(s) were young Swiss winger Kerim Frei and Romain Alessandrini. I could probably list more but to list £60m worth of players might take sometime.

109STJOHNSTONE.jpg

St Johnstone 2 - 1 Hibs

Saints miss out on the title despite a 2-1 win over Hibs as no favour was forthcoming from Raith who were demolished by the champions, Aberdeen.

Many congratulations to Andy a real earned honour in such a competitive division.

Missed out on another honour last night too....

Queen of the South 1 - 0 St Johnstone

Lost out in the cup final to a solitary goal from Mario Gotze.

Oh well - a second placed finish gives us SMFA Shield football next year but that elusive first honour still evades me. Being runners-up in the league for the 4th time in 5 seasons is something I'm happy with ... sort of:o

Spanish ratings have been very kind to me, Courtouis +2 to 88, Alba +2 to 90 and Soldado +1 to 91 [VERY happy with my deal for Lisandro now (Soldado + Piatti)].

Will be looking to sell Ochoa (89 GK) now, looking for a large amount of cash ideally, can add a youth prospect or two if you want.

Also looking to trade up in some areas, have players like Douglas Costa, Grosskreutz, Reyes, Kolarov, Ilicic, Rudy etc to trade.

150px-SSC_Napoli.svg.png

Napoli Announce New Manager

I've managed to take over the reign from Hunty, and I'm going to do my best to carry on his amazing effort. Looking to bring in a 90+ CF and two 90+wingers, if anyone is willing to negotiate a deal or two, get in touch.

The only think that Hunty couldn't win domestically is the league, so I'm hoping put that right for Napoli this season and take the league by storm. We've kindly agreed to loan out Sigurdsson and Yebda to Dan's Falkirk. There may be others allowed out on loan, and they'll be listed at the start of the new season.

Hoping a nice stay in here, as the thread seem's quite active for a GC albeit full of Scottish teams. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Genoa here.

Yes' date=' that means I'm the manager you've all been insulting with some pathetic Hulk bids.

Porto, I'm looking at you and Maxi Rodriguez with Jorge Fucile. :mad:[/quote']

Didn't realise you were on the forum.

Napoli are still looking for a 90+ striker guys, can offer two of the following;

Maggio

Dzsudzsak

Rakitic

Toivonen

Necid

Holtby

Get in touch guys thanks.