Premiership Ratings By MaoaM

MaoaM

Re: Premiership Ratings By MaoaM

My answer is not what I think (I can agree Lampard should rise)' date=' it's what I suppose SM expects and why they didn't give him a rise[/quote']

i wasnt having a go at YOU, just talking ingeneral, i dont know what sm have against the english lge:(

totally agree m8' date=' even teams like stoke would do pretty well in laliga:D[/quote']

I wouldnt go that far mate though they would certainly ruffle a few feathers with there ermmm "style"

All I am saying is England is a lot bettr in terms of its competitiveness than Spain, English teams have had one bad year in the Champions league and suddenly they are pants- it is totally untrue. United were better than bayern though it sticks in my throat to say it but the sending off and a piece of genius by Robben changed the tie. Arsenal were outdone by IMO the best team in the world, Chelsea were beaten by the eventual winners and as for my time Liverpool.....well i concede defeat we were just pants :P

But the depth in quality within the squads, competitiveness, TV Renue, Audiences across the globe nothing compares to the Premier League, as a package it is still the best by a long way and English's teams records in Europe are extremely favourable in comparison to the other major leagues in Europe. One bad season in the Champions league does not mean the quality is dimisishing the Global Economic crisis will be a major problem for the English Clubs but i would still say that England has 3 of the best 6 club sides in European football currently that my opinion,

totally agree m8' date=' even teams like stoke would do pretty well in laliga:D[/quote']

While I agree that La Liga is unbalanced, that is simply not true - why do La Liga teams outperform Premiership teams in the Europa League/UEFA Cup every single season?

I wouldnt go that far mate though they would certainly ruffle a few feathers with there ermmm "style"

All I am saying is England is a lot bettr in terms of its competitiveness than Spain' date=' English teams have had one bad year in the Champions league and suddenly they are pants- it is totally untrue. United were better than bayern though it sticks in my throat to say it but the sending off and a piece of genius by Robben changed the tie. Arsenal were outdone by IMO the best team in the world, Chelsea were beaten by the eventual winners and as for my time Liverpool.....well i concede defeat we were just pants :P

But the depth in quality within the squads, competitiveness, TV Renue, Audiences across the globe nothing compares to the Premier League, as a package it is still the best by a long way and English's teams records in Europe are extremely favourable in comparison to the other major leagues in Europe. One bad season in the Champions league does not mean the quality is dimisishing the Global Economic crisis will be a major problem for the English Clubs but i would still say that England has 3 of the best 6 club sides in European football currently that my opinion,[/quote']

that the point i wanted to make:D

agree everything wit wot u have said, im sure man u wouldve gave inter a harder game in final, an i believe if chelsea were in the final, they wouldve won with the season drog and lamps was havin

While I agree that La Liga is unbalanced' date=' that is simply not true - why do La Liga teams outperform Premiership teams in the Europa League/UEFA Cup every single season?[/quote']

The fact that there has been only two CL finals from 2004 to 2010 where there was no english team proves you wrong right there buddy. Those 2 other finals didn't include Spanish teams either.

While I agree that La Liga is unbalanced' date=' that is simply not true - why do La Liga teams outperform Premiership teams in the Europa League/UEFA Cup every single season?[/quote']

Because the English teams do not take the Europa league seriously. I thought that would be blatantly obvious. Spurs for example are good enough to have a decent run in that competition. But if they had opted to focus their attention completely on it would they have finished 4th? Unlikely. Fulham on the other hand managed to get to the final despite their average league position. Does that make them better than Spurs? Of course not.

that the point i wanted to make:D

agree everything wit wot u have said' date=' im sure man u wouldve gave inter a harder game in final, an i believe if chelsea were in the final, they wouldve won with the season drog and lamps was havin[/quote']

What a ridiculous thing to say :rolleyes: Inter knocked Chelsea out and United were beaten by a worse team in Bayern. If anyone deserved to win it it was Inter.

League wise I think the Premier League is better to watch as it's more even and competitive. No doubting that La Liga has the better players though and if Real get the right manager (Mourinho?) then them and Barca would be head and shoulders above anything in England.

While I agree that La Liga is unbalanced' date=' that is simply not true - [b']why do La Liga teams outperform Premiership teams in the Europa League/UEFA Cup every single season?[/[/b]QUOTE]

ermm... they dont:D

im sure liverpool beat barca, and madrid (4-1:D)only barca was dominant, but then who werent they dominant over, also atletico beat a poor poor liverpool side missin ft9, and then beat a fulham side, without fully fit zamora

the difference in europa lge was simply the world class partnership between aguero an forlan;)

That is complete Garbage look through the recors of the past 5years then and come back to me ridiculous.

2005- 2 English teams- Liverpool, Chelsea in semis Liverpool win- No Spanish

2006- 2 Spanish teams 1 English in Semi, Barca bea Arsenal in Final

2007- 3 English teams in semi Liverpool,Man Utd, chelsea, No Spanish Liverpool lose in Final

2008- 3 English Teams in Semi- Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea 1spanish Barca, Man utd beat Chelsea in final

2009- 2 English teams in semi- Man Utd, Arsenal 1 Spanish-Barcelona, barca beat Man Utd in final

2010- 1 Spanish side in Semi Barcelona

So look through the Champions League evidence nd tell me which couny's side has been doing better in the best competition in Europe. Four English sides Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal have all been in at least 2 semis, 11 English semi finalists in total, 5panish semi finalists there have been 5 English finalists in that time, 2 Spanish, 2 English winners, 2 Spanish

Take away Barcelona and it is embaressing how much better and stronger English Teams have been in the premier competiion in Europe far outperforming La Liga it aint even close.....you are talking complete Garbage

What a ridiculous thing to say :rolleyes: Inter knocked Chelsea out and United were beaten by a worse team in Bayern. If anyone deserved to win it it was Inter.

League wise I think the Premier League is better to watch as it's more even and competitive. No doubting that La Liga has the better players though and if Real get the right manager (Mourinho?) then them and Barca would be head and shoulders above anything in England.

i think youre wrong m8, barca are better than epl, but not head and shoulders, and never will either, and what i was trying to say was that if it was chelsea inter final, chelsea wouldve won imo,

The fact that there has been only two CL finals from 2004 to 2010 where there was no english team proves you wrong right there buddy. Those 2 other finals didn't include Spanish teams either.

I said UEFA Cup/Europa League not UCL mate...

What i'm saying is that mid-table La Liga teams are underrated.

How come Sevilla, Atletico, Espanyol even Getafe do better in Europe than their English equivalents....

That is complete Garbage look through the recors of the past 5years then and come back to me ridiculous.

2005- 2 English teams- Liverpool' date=' Chelsea in semis Liverpool win- No Spanish

2006- 2 Spanish teams 1 English in Semi, Barca bea Arsenal in Final

2007- 3 English teams in semi Liverpool,Man Utd, chelsea, No Spanish Liverpool lose in Final

2008- 3 English Teams in Semi- Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea 1spanish Barca, Man utd beat Chelsea in final

2009- 2 English teams in semi- Man Utd, Arsenal 1 Spanish-Barcelona, barca beat Man Utd in final

2010- 1 Spanish side in Semi Barcelona

So look through the Champions League evidence nd tell me which couny's side has been doing better in the best competition in Europe. Four English sides Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal have all been in at least 2 semis, 11 English semi finalists in total, 5panish semi finalists there have been 5 English finalists in that time, 2 Spanish, 2 English winners, 2 Spanish

Take away Barcelona and it is embaressing how much better and stronger English Teams have been in the premier competiion in Europe far outperforming La Liga it aint even close.....you are talking complete Garbage[/quote']

I said UEFA Cup/Europa League, how hard is that to understand?!

You're all being so bloody defensive about the EPL when I didn't say anything about the EPL - all i said is that people overplay the "La Liga has no balance" card. I did not once mention the Champions League nor that La Liga > EPL.

All i said is that La Liga teams consistently outperform English teams in the UEFA Cup (now Europa LEague) which suggests to me that there is indeed plenty of strength in the mid- and lower-table, and that teams like Stoke would not do well in the league.

I said UEFA Cup/Europa League' date=' how hard is that to understand?![/quote']

I think that this post answers your question...

Because the English teams do not take the Europa league seriously. I thought that would be blatantly obvious. Spurs for example are good enough to have a decent run in that competition. But if they had opted to focus their attention completely on it would they have finished 4th? Unlikely. Fulham on the other hand managed to get to the final despite their average league position. Does that make them better than Spurs? Of course not.

I think that this post answers your question...

But what kind of an argument is it that a team doesn't take the Europa League seriously? Then do I just say La Liga teams aside from Barca and Madrid don't take the Champions League seriously?

The winnings from the TV rights + prize money from the Europa League are substantial and no team doesn't take a competition seriously... That's just impossible, adn there's no way to prove that argument anyway.

Gerrard and several Liverpool players came out this year and said that they would want to win the Europa League at all costs. Fulham rested players and sacrificed Premiership games to have players fit for their Europa League matches.

That shows that they DO take the EL very seriously indeed.

And by the way, let me reiterate:

"You're all being so bloody defensive about the EPL when I didn't say anything about the EPL - all i said is that people overplay the "La Liga has no balance" card. I did not once mention the Champions League nor that La Liga > EPL.

All i said is that La Liga teams consistently outperform English teams in the UEFA Cup (now Europa LEague) which suggests to me that there is indeed plenty of strength in the mid- and lower-table, and that teams like Stoke would not do well in the league."

I said UEFA Cup/Europa League' date=' how hard is that to understand?![/quote']

English teams couldnt give 2hoots about the Europa league and I think the teams selected by teams such as Villa, Tottenham, Everton reflect that is only Liverpool and Fulham this year that have really shown any real interest in it

Look at the League Table then from 5th down 8th who is better teams such as man City, Villa, everton, Liverpool are certainly much stronger than there Spanish Counterparts in Mallorca, Getafe, Villareal and Bilbao dont think nobody could argue with that

Edit: Every team who plays in the Champions league takes it seriously dont tell me the likes of Sevilla, valencia, Atletico havent

Guest JackWWFC

Spain > England.

WRONG

Under the EUFA Coefficient rankings, England are first.

England

Spain

Italy

Germany

France

Russia

So. England > All.

Gerrard and several Liverpool players came out this year and said that they would want to win the Europa League at all costs. Fulham rested players and sacrificed Premiership games to have players fit for their Europa League matches.

That shows that they DO take the EL very seriously indeed.

I disagree, the only reason that he said that Liverpool wanted to win the Europa League at all costs was so that they would secure a place in the Champions League and not have to play in a second-rate competition.

I disagree' date=' the only reason that he said that Liverpool wanted to win the Europa League at all costs was so that they would secure a place in the Champions League and not have to play in a second-rate competition.[/quote']

Winning EL does not get you CL.