• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is pretty well known, but there is still no thread on him. I hope that this thread will convince any of you who are still wondering whether to buy him or not to help you make a decision. Phil Jone

Re: Phil Jones Good report, but do you mind if I offer you a pointer? It's a good idea to add in your own personal opinion on the player's attributes. I mean, what are his strengths? What are his wea

Re: Phil Jones

Despite having an injury setback' date=' Phil has still started 22 games this season. He came back into the first team immediately after recovering from his injury. He looks to end the season strongly. A rise should follow.[/quote']

whats impressed me is how composed he is on the ball and how good he looks, at blackburn quality is hard to pick out but at a big club i can see him doing a valencia :

go from wigan to united and really shine.

Hands off Manure scum!

what a great constructive and intelligent post.

i also like the original and witty remark of "manure."

i dont support man united, but people who disrespect any club in such a way instantly tell me their IQ is on average fairly low.

people like to hate big clubs just for being good, at least come up with a good reason to hate liverpool, united or city.

not just because fellow ignorant fat people who follow football do.

i dont support man united' date=' but people who disrespect any club in such a way instantly tell me their IQ is on average fairly low.

people like to hate big clubs just for being good, at least come up with a good reason to hate liverpool, united or city.

not just because fellow ignorant fat people who follow football do.[/quote']

Oh that made me giggle, Well said.

i dont support man united' date=' but people who disrespect any club in such a way instantly tell me their IQ is on average fairly low.

not just because fellow ignorant fat people who follow football do.[/quote']

And people who can't identify 'tongue in cheek' are ten good fathoms further down the intellect ladder than the admittedly facetious so-called 'fat' individual that made the remark. Chuckle at will.

And people who can't identify 'tongue in cheek' are ten good fathoms further down the intellect ladder than the admittedly facetious so-called 'fat' individual that made the remark. Chuckle at will.

you made a stupid comment.

i pointed it out. it's that simple lets not over complicate things here.

when you make statements like that you honestly expect me to not to think you are stupid ?

99% of the people who say things like that are stupid.

I'm sell Neven Subotic for Phil Jones' date='Bojan Krkic and 10 milions. What do you think about that?[/quote']

id keep subotic.

he is 91 and it will take a long time before either of those players gets close to that.

krkic has stagnated. defo dont do that deal.

jones is good, but subotic is already 91, jones may not get that for 2/3 years if he is lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

id keep subotic.

he is 91 and it will take a long time before either of those players gets close to that.

krkic has stagnated. defo dont do that deal.

jones is good' date=' but subotic is already 91, jones may not get that for 2/3 years if he is lucky.[/quote']

i have declined that offer. and now i want to swap miralem pjanic for phil jones and 10 milions. i realy like jones... what do you think about that?

From what I've read on this thread the only stupid comments are by those suggesting Jones go to United at his age where he would surely be at least fourth choice.. Why not stay at Rovers for another 2 years minimum and see how well the new investment in the club is spent. Otherwise you may become the next Bentley, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Warnock, Duff... the list goes on! Idiots!

From what I've read on this thread the only stupid comments are by those suggesting Jones go to United at his age where he would surely be at least fourth choice.. Why not stay at Rovers for another 2 years minimum and see how well the new investment in the club is spent. Otherwise you may become the next Bentley' date=' Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Warnock, Duff... the list goes on! Idiots![/quote']

or the next hernandez, smalling, rafael, fabio, evans was given the opportunity and didnt take it. he got plenty of game time though.

nani bought from another team and has thrived at man united into world class winger.

ronaldo is a nice example.

carrick moves to united and starts in the UCL final.

united give all of their players game time. out of any club they hardly kill youth talents do they. all those players got a big move to united and it was the best thing they have ever done. all nice and recent as well.

or the next hernandez' date=' smalling, rafael, fabio, evans was given the opportunity and didnt take it. he got plenty of game time though.

nani bought from another team and has thrived at man united into world class winger.

united give all of their players game time. out of any club they hardly kill youth talents do they. all those players got a big move to united and it was the best thing they have ever done. all nice and recent as well.[/quote']

None of the players you mention here were playing regular premier league football when they signed for United except for Carrick who was bought to go straight into the first team for an extremely generous price I think most United fans would agree. I think the Ferdinand/Vidic partnership has got alot more life in it yet. I think a move to Arsenal would be the only viable option for the player who has taken to premier league football like a duck to water. But hopefully he'll still be a rover next season.

None of the players you mention here were playing regular premier league football when they signed for United except for Carrick who was bought to go straight into the first team for an extremely generous price I think most United fans would agree. I think the Ferdinand/Vidic partnership has got alot more life in it yet. I think a move to Arsenal would be the only viable option for the player who has taken to premier league football like a duck to water. But hopefully he'll still be a rover next season.

i dont understand how that is relavent ?

my point is not every player that goes to united gets frozen out the team and never deveolps.

whereas at arsenal you have bendnter, chamakh, squillaci, diaby, denilson, traore who all went there and have made a bit of a mess of their careers.

basically arsenal are not a better team to go to if you want to make it big. united are equally good if not better.

anyway, the part you are right about is the ferdinand, smalling , vidic partnership.

he could get more game time at arsenal, they have no good CB's so i agree with you there :)

at united he could play as a DM more, he is good at that ive been impressed with him when ive seen him.

liverpool, arsenal and maybe villa if they get back to the top 8 where they belond would be good options.

that said, i think villa are the last of the bunch of teams of that calibre.

i dont understand how that is relavent ?

my point is not every player that goes to united gets frozen out the team and never deveolps.

whereas at arsenal you have bendnter' date=' chamakh, squillaci, diaby, denilson, traore who all went there and have made a bit of a mess of their careers.

basically arsenal are not a better team to go to if you want to make it big. united are equally good if not better.

anyway, the part you are right about is the ferdinand, smalling , vidic partnership.

he could get more game time at arsenal, they have no good CB's so i agree with you there :)

at united he could play as a DM more, he is good at that ive been impressed with him when ive seen him.

liverpool, arsenal and maybe villa if they get back to the top 8 where they belond would be good options.

that said, i think villa are the last of the bunch of teams of that calibre.[/quote']

Yeh jus think Arsenal are the only top 4 team he would walk into because of their need for a partner for Vermaelen. I suppose Spurs or Liverpool may be other options but I'm not having Villa. Think rovers have the spending power to match anyone outside the top 6 next season.

Yeh jus think Arsenal are the only top 4 team he would walk into because of their need for a partner for Vermaelen. I suppose Spurs or Liverpool may be other options but I'm not having Villa. Think rovers have the spending power to match anyone outside the top 6 next season.

the thing is the league is now ridiculously competitive.

every team is pretty much relegated to the bottom half of the table before the season even begins due to the huge number of quality clubs.

united, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, villa, everton, spurs and lets not forget man city.

all massive clubs that would be bitterly dissappointed not to be in the top half at the very least. i can see blackburn spending, but i dont know if they can buy enough players to really challenge to be in the top half at all.

those teams take the top 8, im not saying its impossible by any means but a lot of spending would have to be done to get anywhere near 10th let alone 6th.

if those teams finish above them blackburn are 9th, and that would a HUGE acheivment for them.

the thing is the league is now ridiculously competitive.

every team is pretty much relegated to the bottom half of the table before the season even begins due to the huge number of quality clubs.

united' date=' arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, villa, everton, spurs and lets not forget man city.

all massive clubs that would be bitterly dissappointed not to be in the top half at the very least. i can see blackburn spending, but i dont know if they can buy enough players to really challenge to be in the top half at all.

those teams take the top 8, im not saying its impossible by any means but a lot of spending would have to be done to get anywhere near 10th let alone 6th.

if those teams finish above them blackburn are 9th, and that would a HUGE acheivment for them.[/quote']

You never know. Got some good young players at rovers. Olsson, Jones, Nzonzi and Hoilett. Also Rochina and Formica will be fully fit to start the season. That's not to mention the more experienced players such as Robinson and Samba. If we can keep the vultures away and add a few astute signings then we should be able to compete with the likes of Everton and Villa. :)

You never know. Got some good young players at rovers. Olsson' date=' Jones, Nzonzi and Hoilett. Also Rochina and Formica will be fully fit to start the season. That's not to mention the more experienced players such as Robinson and Samba. If we can keep the vultures away and add a few astute signings then we should be able to compete with the likes of Everton and Villa. :)[/quote']

Blackburn are poor. End of :rolleyes:

but seriously, the best piece of business you could do this close season is to get rid of Kean. He's one of the worst managers I have ever seen manage in the top flight of english football. He hasn't got a clue. He took you from 7th at christmas to within 90 minutes of relegation. He's your biggest liability and you need to get rid of him for the clubs sake

or the next hernandez' date=' smalling, rafael, fabio, evans was given the opportunity and didnt take it. he got plenty of game time though.

united give all of their players game time. out of any club they hardly kill youth talents do they. all those players got a big move to united and it was the best thing they have ever done. all nice and recent as well.[/quote']

I can think of just as many players that failed at Man U and ruined their careers or are now great/good players, Rossi, Pique, Forlan

whereas at arsenal you have bendnter' date=' chamakh, squillaci, diaby, denilson, traore who all went there and have made a bit of a mess of their careers.

[/quote']

Bendtner is pap, always has been, average talent and massive ego, really all 6 of them were never going to be big, everyone knew Chamakh wouldn't be able to handle the EPL, Squillaci was past it before he got to Arsenal

but seriously' date=' the best piece of business you could do this close season is to get rid of Kean. He's one of the worst managers I have ever seen manage in the top flight of english football. He hasn't got a clue. He took you from 7th at christmas to within 90 minutes of relegation. He's your biggest liability and you need to get rid of him for the clubs sake[/quote']

i dont know why the new owners decided to sack a manager who was OVER acheiving.... then you bring his no2 into the job ? why ? on what planet is brining in the less qualified guy straight away good business ?

its like madrid selling ronaldo and playing pedro leon....

blackburn are a decent team, as in can fight off relegation but they will definately struggle to get 8-10th. i think 12 - 14th th is more reasonable and realistic.

I can think of just as many players that failed at Man U and ruined their careers or are now great/good players' date=' Rossi, Pique, Forlan

Bendtner is pap, always has been, average talent and massive ego, really all 6 of them were never going to be big, everyone knew Chamakh wouldn't be able to handle the EPL, Squillaci was past it before he got to Arsenal[/quote']

yeah players go to clubs it dosnt always work out. wasnt saying arsenal is bad for promoting youth. in fact its the opposite.

i was just saying signing for united isnt a death certificate for your career also.

both are good teams and signing for any big club dosnt mean you are ruined.

i disagree hugely with chamkh, brilliant in the initial stages of the season and for no good reason frozen out of the team.

hes the 4th top scorer. so that dosnt sound to good right ?

walcott nasri RVP. to be behind them isnt a big deal ,and he hasnt played for the 2nd half of the season and im sure if you looked at the initial stages he was definately the top scorer or near it at some point.

i dont get why wenger keeps playing bendtner and froze out chamkh, he is so much better and while he isnt a world class player, id at least expect him to start ahead bentdner.

i rate him anyway.

but seriously' date=' the best piece of business you could do this close season is to get rid of Kean. He's one of the worst managers I have ever seen manage in the top flight of english football. He hasn't got a clue. He took you from 7th at christmas to within 90 minutes of relegation. He's your biggest liability and you need to get rid of him for the clubs sake[/quote']

I would have agreed 100 percent a month or so ago but i was impressed with the way we finished particularly the Wolves game. Going in 3-0 at half time completely took the pressure off us. Just the way we approached the game was impressive and as effective as Allardyce was I just couldn't see one of his teams doing the same in those circumstances. Think Kean just about earned the chance to start the season with those last 3 games. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if he got sacked tomorrow.

i dont know why the new owners decided to sack a manager who was OVER acheiving.... then you bring his no2 into the job ? why ? on what planet is brining in the less qualified guy straight away good business ?

its like madrid selling ronaldo and playing pedro leon....

blackburn are a decent team' date=' as in can fight off relegation but they will definately struggle to get 8-10th. i think 12 - 14th th is more reasonable and realistic.

yeah players go to clubs it dosnt always work out. wasnt saying arsenal is bad for promoting youth. in fact its the opposite.

i was just saying signing for united isnt a death certificate for your career also.

i disagree hugely with chamkh, brilliant in the initial stages of the season and for no good reason frozen out of the team.

walcott nasri RVP. to be behind them isnt a big deal ,and he hasnt played for the 2nd half of the season and im sure if you looked at the initial stages he was definately the top scorer or near it at some point.

i dont get why wenger keeps playing bendtner and froze out chamkh, he is so much better and while he isnt a world class player, id at least expect him to start ahead bentdner.

i rate him anyway.[/quote']

If you think Sam Allardyce was over acheiving that would make Mark Hughes look like Brian Clough. Which he aint by the way. Allardyce was doing an adequate job and didn't deserve to be sacked true. And appointing Kean was a strange decision true. Lets be honest though, Allardyce thought he was good enough to manage Real Madrid or Barcelona when in reality Newcastle United was too big for him! He talked about rovers like it was another stepping stone for his career like Bolton was.

i disagree hugely with chamkh' date=' brilliant in the initial stages of the season and for no good reason frozen out of the team.

i rate him anyway.[/quote']

All I was doing was pointing out players that failed at Man U, after moving there with big potential compared to the players you pointed out for Arsenal who were never touted as big potential and failed because they were never good enough in the first place.

Chamakh wasn't frozen out, he wasn't used to the pace and workload of the EPL and by halfway through the season was too tired, then Van Persie came back, so obviously he was going to start. Bendtner only managed 3 starts and 14 subs, so I'd argue that Chamakh wasn't frozen out by Bendtner.

All I was doing was pointing out players that failed at Man U' date=' after moving there with big potential compared to the players you pointed out for Arsenal who were never touted as big potential and failed because they were never good enough in the first place.

Chamakh wasn't frozen out, he wasn't used to the pace and workload of the EPL and by halfway through the season was too tired, then Van Persie came back, so obviously he was going to start. Bendtner only managed 3 starts and 14 subs, so I'd argue that Chamakh wasn't frozen out by Bendtner.[/quote']

i know what you were doing, as i said neither team ruin youth talents as was suggested before.

i listed the united players that did well. wilshere, walcott, fabregas, szcensny, RVP, sagna, ramsey, song all did brilliantly due to arsenals sucess.

my point is that moving to a big club dosnt kill your career all the time. yes some will fail, some will not no team is going to have 100% sucess rate !

i wasnt slating arsenal, i was just showing that all big teams have transfer market /youth academy shortcomings. teams like united and arsenal on the whole do very well though :)

barca have a rubbish transfer policy, city would freeze players out of the team when they buy better ones, madrid have a world class team and a ruthless (but good ) manager.

but if jones went to a team like united or arsenal i think he would be fine. fair assesment, again i wasnt slating arsenal by any means apologies if it came out that way :)