SPL Ratings 2010

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: SPL Ratings 2010

Just a quick question. :)

How has Jos Hooiveld been doing since his move to Celtic?

It looks like AIK are missing him. ;)

The guy has been pretty unlucky since joining Celtic and has picked up a few injuries since his arrival. This,combined with the fact that Celtic have a lot of competition for a CB place means he's only made 2 starts since he joined.

He was also a Mowbray signing and seeing as he's gone the guy's future looks uncertain at Parkhead.

Edit: Chewis beat me to it.

The guy has been pretty unlucky since joining Celtic and has picked up a few injuries since his arrival. This' date='combined with the fact that Celtic have a lot of competition for a CB place means he's only made 2 starts since he joined.

He was also a Mowbray signing and seeing as he's gone the guy's future looks uncertain at Parkhead.

Edit: Chewis beat me to it.[/quote']

Pretty poorly hardly played played twice under Mowbary and that was it he looked dreadful :D. It's been Thompson and O'dea or Lovvens

Thanks for you answers guy's. I thought he would do well at Celtic, at AIK, he was compared to a Parkhead legend, Johan Mjällby.

Pretty poorly hardly played played twice under Mowbary and that was it he looked dreadful :D. It's been Thompson and O'dea or Lovvens
The guy has been pretty unlucky since joining Celtic and has picked up a few injuries since his arrival. This' date='combined with the fact that Celtic have a lot of competition for a CB place means he's only made 2 starts since he joined.

Edit: Chewis beat me to it.[/quote']

Thanks for you answers guy's. I thought he would do well at Celtic' date=' at AIK, he was compared to a Parkhead legend, Johan Mjällby.[/quote']

he's been injured pretty much the entire time he's been at the club. was probably brought into the first team too soon after a month without football when the Swedish league had finished over the winter.

I wouldn't be writing him off yet, he looked good the brief times he played but that was only a couple of short appearances. it has been entirely down to injury that he has not played, rather than being kept out of the team.

as I say, he looked good when he played. He played 90 mins with a clean sheet in his first game and then went off injured at the start of the second half in his second game (it was 0-0 at the time and Killie scored as Hoovield was down hurt, leaving a gap at the back). He got injured again in training during his recovery and has not been involved in the first team since, so I'm not sure how he can be described as 'dreadful'.

he's been injured pretty much the entire time he's been at the club. was probably brought into the first team too soon after a month without football when the Swedish league had finished over the winter.

I wouldn't be writing him off yet' date=' he looked good the brief times he played but that was only a couple of short appearances. it has been entirely down to injury that he has not played, rather than being kept out of the team.

as I say, he looked good when he played. He played 90 mins with a clean sheet in his first game and then went off injured at the start of the second half in his second game (it was 0-0 at the time and Killie scored as Hoovield was down hurt, leaving a gap at the back). He got injured again in training during his recovery and has not been involved in the first team since, so I'm not sure how he can be described as 'dreadful'.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm not sure what Chewis is talking about. He was solid against Hamilton !

Ah finally an SPL thread:)' date='do you think Paxiao's predicted rise to 76 is a bit on the low side?[/quote']

I think he has only started about 18 games, came on as sub another maybe 8 games and scored 6 goals.

it is maybe a wee bit on the low side but it won't be much more than that.

his twin brother Marco is far more involved in the first team.

I think he has only started about 18 games' date=' came on as sub another maybe 8 games and scored 6 goals.

it is maybe a wee bit on the low side but it won't be much more than that.

his twin brother Marco is far more involved in the first team.[/quote']

Ah I was looking at the guardian and got Marco's and Flavio's stats mixed up:p,my bad but yeah should still get a decent rise and make a bit of money so im not complaining.

Compton (Falkirk) rose to 70' date=' his market value is still worth just £10K :([/quote']

Yeah sorry about that, I bought him for most of my teams aswell so that was a bit of a bummer:o. I assume he only got to 70 due to Falkirk's relegation. If they had survived he would have got to between 70-75.

Anway I thought I would just put down the final league standings and some other useful info.

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Dundee Utd

4. Hibs

5. Motherwell.

6. Hearts

7. Hamilton Accies

8. St Johnstone

9. Aberdeen

10. St Mirren

11. Kilmarnock

12. Falkirk

Champions League Group Stage = Rangers

Champions League Qualifiers = Celtic

Europa League = Dundee Utd + Hibs + Motherwell/Ross County*

Relegated = Falkirk

Promoted from Div 1 = Inverness CT

League Top Scorer = Kris Boyd (Rangers) 23

Player Of The Year = David Weir (Rangers)

* If Dundee Utd win against Ross County in the Scottish Cup Final then 5th place Motherwell will enter next year's Europa League. If Ross County win the Scottish cup then they will enter next year's Europa League.

Well the top seven teams have been reviewed so far and generally I think they were ok despite being quite harsh on Celtic with drops for the likes of Scott Brown and Hinkel.

Biggest moans would have to be Kenny Miller and Stokes.

Miller = 18 goals this season for the league winners. Also Scotland's no1 striker. Really should have got to 88 IMO.

Stokes = 22 league goals and only a +1 to 84.:eek::confused::mad::rolleyes:

What a joke. SM can't continue to unchange some player's ratings when they're injured and change others. Disappointed in Maloney to 87.

Eduardo would be 86 on that basis.

EDIT: Even as a Celtic fan, I'm annoyed Davis didn't get an 89 after his season.

EDIT: Boruc to 88 :S Joke.

A little gutted Josh Thompson only went to 80. I was hoping for 82' date='He had 9 games for Stockport County before his move to Parkhead where he started 16 and subbed in 2 with 3 goals.[/quote']

Got him for all my teams. Great buy:)

EDIT: Boruc to 88 :S Joke.

I guess they looked at McGregor..who is better?

Close call and I'd be biased if I said who I prefer

I agree that Davis - the Player of the Year....should get 89 at least (based on the current Scottish highest raters) but 89 in the Permier League is a Craig Bellamy/Nani and Davis isn't as good as those (although these two might get 90s soon)

I guess they looked at McGregor..who is better?

Close call and I'd be biased if I said who I prefer

I agree that Davis - the Player of the Year....should get 89 at least (based on the current Scottish highest raters) but 89 in the Permier League is a Craig Bellamy/Nani and Davis isn't as good as those (although these two might get 90s soon)

Still would say Boruc is better by a bit.

Just surprised is all. Got rid of him in all gamrworlds though so it's ok.

Imo Boruc is a hopeless kepper.

Look at the amount of mistakes he made he only at Celtic and thought of as a good keeper not because he is . But it's because of his profile. I think Lukas Zaluska is a much better relable keeper. :).

Ross County to win the cup. Don't mind them Derek Adams looks like he could be a good manager. I don't really support anyone like most teams in the Spl apart from Celtic and Rangers because i think a great deal of there fans are glory hunter same thing happens in England with Man Utd . Now there will be plenty of Ross County fans of a sudden would be a great achivement for them to the win the cup.

Agree with Davis he has been Rangers best player bye a mile. From what i have seen. Again Stokes should have risen from what i have seen on tv.

Agree with some points that have already been made.

Regarding the team I support, Boruc should have dropped to 89. But it should have been done before these changes. He's actually been more consistent this season and back to his old self than he was for all of last season when he retained a 90.

I'd say Boruc and Mcgregor are too close to call and would have had both at 89.

Stunned to see Samaras retain an 87. Not so surprised with most of the other changes but haven't really delved too deeply yet.

Kenny Miller and Steven Davis both warranted an 89 rating.

And why is Michael Stewart still sitting on 85...? The guy was awful all season. So much so that Hearts wont even give him a contract for next season.

SM need to try and base their ratings more on player performances and less on time spent on the pitch.

Have they finished Scotland yet?

I sincerely hope not as Cammy Bell deserves a big increase for his performances in the second half of the season.

Agree with some points that have already been made.

Regarding the team I support' date=' Boruc should have dropped to 89. But it should have been done before these changes. He's actually been more consistent this season and back to his old self than he was for all of last season when he retained a 90.

I'd say Boruc and Mcgregor are too close to call and would have had both at 89.

Stunned to see Samaras retain an 87. Not so surprised with most of the other changes but haven't really delved too deeply yet.

Kenny Miller and Steven Davis both warranted an 89 rating.

And why is Michael Stewart still sitting on 85...? The guy was awful all season. So much so that Hearts wont even give him a contract for next season.

SM need to try and base their ratings more on player performances and less on time spent on the pitch.

Have they finished Scotland yet?

[b']I sincerely hope not as Cammy Bell deserves a big increase for his performances in the second half of the season.[/b]

Yes they have. Today Cammy Bell went up 3 to 80

In defence off boruc id say a 88 was pretty harsh, In the last year or so he has split from his partner, lost his father, lost his national team place.

He lost his national team place strangely down too similar reasons MCgregor lost his.

Imo 89 would have been fairer.

Archived