Mauro Zárate. Is he any good??

Pat77

Legrottaglie + Camoranesi + 10mil for Zarate

in GC 112

I have a deal accepted for Zarate and im not really sure if I should buy him as Lazio have been doing really badly and he has only scored a couple of goals this season. However he his young and rated highly. The deal I have for him im ok with its just whether or not he will go down or leave Lazio and do well. Can anyone help me? Should I buy him??

Re: Mauro Zárate. Is he any good??

Zarate is so overrated. He will go down for sure and stay that way. He has speed, some skills but is weak all around. You definitely should not do this deal.

I watch Serie A all the time, and trust me there are many better players in his position in the league. Even in his team he is being used as a sub at a lot of times.

Nope' date=' cancel the deal. He's likely to drop to 89 due to his and Lazio's poor form. I think you're offering far too much as well for a GC. Other better strikers around his rating are Falcao, Suarez, Bent, Chamakh and Dzeko.[/quote']

Yeah i guess you are right i have Dzeko already i just need a good sub, i know im paying alot but both players are really old and i just want to get rid.

But thanks for the advise guys

It depends on whether you're looking at the long term or short term.

If you're looking at the long term, I would say have him. I don't care if he doesn't exactly possess the muscle of a Didier Drogba, or the aerial ability of a Nemanja Vidic. The fact is, SM doesn't take all those things into consideration when applying ratings, and the other fact is that he has POTENTIAL. He's not a teenager anymore but he still has potential.

NOW, however, if you're looking at the short-term, then the hell with potential. This guy couldn't score goals for love nor money at the moment. The guy is MEANT to be a STRIKER, yet he has scored just 3 goals in 29 games all season - shame. In other words, you're being robbed - pure daylight robbery. Don't do the deal.