ICC World Twenty20

Re: ICC World Twenty20

I suggest they move the tournament to England' date=' it rains less here:rolleyes:[/quote']

The only real rain-interrupted games have all come in Guyana and there are not more games there in the tournament, so let's hope for interruption free action from now on :) . The forecast still suggests scattered showers though :(

Was a little hard on Ireland that they never got the chance to chase down the target after their great bowling and fielding performance. But who knows if they would have got there considering their woeful batting performance in the first game. Abject performance from Englandonthe other hand and the better sides will now see how to bowl to England and negate their hitters. Still some work to do.

Unless Bangladesh or Afghanistan manage to spring a major surpirse today, it will be the expected eight moving on to the next stage and this is where I expect the intensity in the games to go up a notch or two. Likely groups for the next stage:

Group E

Pakistan

New Zealand

England

South Africa

Group F

Australia

Sri Lanka

India

West Indies

Anyone's game from here on in and much will depend on who can find the best form :)

EDIT:Apparently I got it totally wrong with the expected groups as results have no bearing and pre-tournament seeding affects the groups (so even though Australia won both games they go through as A2 :confused:) - groups have therefore been amended

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: ICC World Twenty20 When does the England game start?

Re: ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka finish 195-3 off their 20 overs against the West Indies with Mahela Jayawardena finishing unbeaten on 98. The West Indian fielding was nothing short of farcical, as t

Our ground fielding's fine mate. Collingwood' date=' Morgan, Wright, Anderson when playing, Pietersen generally and by heck Broad are all good fielders. This is the best all round England team i have seen, bearing in mind im only 19 and our one day cricket has been useless for god knows how long:D I sense an England Aussie final coming up:D I have a question for you mate, i saw in the paper Michael Clarke is Aussie skipper, where's Ponting? Sorry, i haven't watched any of the other games yet but i will get round to it:o[/quote']

Yeah Ponting retired from T20 a while back. Clarke is quite a good captain. You haven't seen good fielding if you think that garbage is good. I know good fielding and Collingwood is fantastic. Others are pretty average. Don't do any overtime in the field. Watch our fielding if its the same as it is over here you will be ashamed of yours ;)

Yeah Ponting retired from T20 a while back. Clarke is quite a good captain. You haven't seen good fielding if you think that garbage is good. I know good fielding and Collingwood is fantastic. Others are pretty average. Don't do any overtime in the field. Watch our fielding if its the same as it is over here you will be ashamed of yours ;)

Clarke appears to be the liability in the Australian batting imo

I think Australia,New Zealand,Pakistan and South Africa will make it through

Clarke appears to be the liability in the Australian batting imo

I think Australia' date='New Zealand,Pakistan and South Africa will make it through[/quote']

I see Clarke as the rock but in the summer Dave Hussey and Shane Watson were THE batsmen for us.

I'm not sure about Pakistan honestly. Paper suggests they go through though

Your making our fielders sound like they are a bunch of Monty Panesars:eek:

They are certainly not as athletic as your boys but those i named are good fielders, in fact Anderson and Wright are excellent. Shame about Ponting not playing Twenty Twenty:mad:

My predictions for the Semis are England , Sri Lanka

New Zealand , South Africa:p

Do we have an upset on our hands...

Bangladesh only need 142 against Australia. The only thing is even if Bangladesh do win there chances of qualifying are pretty minute unless they make these runs at a canter.

EDIT - Bangladesh need to score the runs before the 19th over to qualify.

'fraid not. Didn't catch it but Shakib's figures look handy again, can't wait to see him at New Road later on in the summer.

'fraid not. Didn't catch it but Shakib's figures look handy again' date=' can't wait to see him at New Road later on in the summer.[/quote']

Me neither was following Live Text. Disappointed in Bangladesh. 142 in 19 overs was perfectly gettable...

Seen plenty of hype on Shakib but he hasn't impressed me a lot when I've seen him especially with the bat. Gives his wicket away too cheaply.

Me neither was following Live Text. Disappointed in Bangladesh. 142 in 19 overs was perfectly gettable...

Seen plenty of hype on Shakib but he hasn't impressed me a lot when I've seen him especially with the bat. Gives his wicket away too cheaply.

Aye, I saw the Aussie total and thought they were in with a good shout. Have to disappointed given that it's more than achievable.

He'll fit in well then. I think he's been brought in more for his work with the ball really, Worcester are desperately short of anybody to take the pace off the ball having lost Batty. Moeen Ali as a front line spinner for the whole summer is a terrifying thought.

Was a strange decision to leave Tamim Iqbal out, even though he's been out of form. The one batsmen in the side who has shown he can take on top class bowling. Were never in the hunt after losing 3 wickets for next to nothing early on, but to their credit, the lower order brought some respectability. Still exposed some chicks in the Aussie armour which others could learn from.

Shakib's batting is hit and miss, but I reckon his bowling could well have him skittling some first class sides, judging by the success of other top quality spinners who have plied their trade on the county scene.

Good performance from Afghanistan right now to restrict South Africa to 139 (especially after a blistering start). Unfortunately, the Afghans have looked suspect to pace bowling and particularly short stuff, so an upset looks unlikely, but a good performance from them on their first outing in their top tier in cricket. I hope they can get some funding (some pitches at home) and some more games against A sides of the major cricketing countries, because they have excelled in all forms of the game at associate level in the past two years.

Was a strange decision to leave Tamim Iqbal out' date=' even though he's been out of form. The one batsmen in the side who has shown he can take on top class bowling. Were never in the hunt after losing 3 wickets for next to nothing early on, but to their credit, the lower order brought some respectability. Still exposed some chicks in the Aussie armour which others could learn from.

Shakib's batting is hit and miss, but I reckon his bowling could well have him skittling some first class sides, judging by the success of other top quality spinners who have plied their trade on the county scene.

Good performance from Afghanistan right now to restrict South Africa to 139 (especially after a blistering start). Unfortunately, the Afghans have looked suspect to pace bowling and particularly short stuff, so an upset looks unlikely, but a good performance from them on their first outing in their top tier in cricket. I hope they can get some funding (some pitches at home) and some more games against A sides of the major cricketing countries, because they have excelled in all forms of the game at associate level in the past two years.[/quote']

yeah good effort from afganistan i got abit nervous in the game but in the end they got knocked out just 80 runs

was a strange decision to leave tamim iqbal out' date=' even though he's been out of form. The one batsmen in the side who has shown he can take on top class bowling. Were never in the hunt after losing 3 wickets for next to nothing early on, but to their credit, the lower order brought some respectability. [b']still exposed some chicks in the aussie armour which others could learn from.[/b]

shakib's batting is hit and miss, but i reckon his bowling could well have him skittling some first class sides, judging by the success of other top quality spinners who have plied their trade on the county scene.

Good performance from afghanistan right now to restrict south africa to 139 (especially after a blistering start). Unfortunately, the afghans have looked suspect to pace bowling and particularly short stuff, so an upset looks unlikely, but a good performance from them on their first outing in their top tier in cricket. I hope they can get some funding (some pitches at home) and some more games against a sides of the major cricketing countries, because they have excelled in all forms of the game at associate level in the past two years.

:D lol :D :d

Was a strange decision to leave Tamim Iqbal out' date=' even though he's been out of form. The one batsmen in the side who has shown he can take on top class bowling. Were never in the hunt after losing 3 wickets for next to nothing early on, but to their credit, the lower order brought some respectability. Still exposed some chicks in the Aussie armour which others could learn from.

Good performance from Afghanistan right now to restrict South Africa to 139 (especially after a blistering start). Unfortunately, the Afghans have looked suspect to pace bowling and particularly short stuff, so an upset looks unlikely, but a good performance from them on their first outing in their top tier in cricket. I hope they can get some funding (some pitches at home) and some more games against A sides of the major cricketing countries, because they have excelled in all forms of the game at associate level in the past two years.[/quote']

Tamim Iqbal was injured I think...

:D lol :D :d

I wonder was that a deliberate typo or did I have something else on my mind :P

Tamim Iqbal was injured I think...

That would explain it :o . But i had some information from an unnamed source that it was a tactical injury so to speak.

yeah good effort from afganistan i got abit nervous in the game but in the end they got knocked out just 80 runs

Good performance from the pacemen, had the Afghans in knots at times. You've been a bit quiet on this thread, how do you fancy your boys chances? :)

Your making our fielders sound like they are a bunch of Monty Panesars:eek:

They are certainly not as athletic as your boys but those i named are good fielders' date=' in fact Anderson and Wright are excellent. Shame about Ponting not playing Twenty Twenty:mad:

My predictions for the Semis are England , Sri Lanka

New Zealand , South Africa:p[/quote']

Well in T20 good fielding can save a good 10-20 runs. Lots of games are won by that margin ;)

It's good to see Clarke captain. Never been a huge fan of Ponting's captaincy but I must admit he has been leading the boys very well.

England needed rain so there pants weren't pulled down by Ireland. If they make the final its an overachievement.

I'm trying to be fair in my critisism but I hate England so much! :P

Well in T20 good fielding can save a good 10-20 runs. Lots of games are won by that margin ;)

It's good to see Clarke captain. Never been a huge fan of Ponting's captaincy but I must admit he has been leading the boys very well.

England needed rain so there pants weren't pulled down by Ireland. If they make the final its an overachievement.

I'm trying to be fair in my critisism but I hate England so much! :P

:(:confused:Was that necessary? Anyway, i think you are really underestimating England here, sport, their one day stuff has improved dramatically over the last year. All right they weren't great against Ireland but in the fifty over game in the last year, they reached the semis of the Champions Trophy having beaten Sri Lanka and South Africa, which they wouldn't have done before as well as winning a one day series in South Africa again. Don't think England are playing the same old sterile cricket they were before,fella cos they ain't. An example of this was against the West Indies, they hit 11 sixes:eek: who would have believed England would have been capable of that{ yes im aware half the England team is foreign:p}I hope England trounce the Aussies when they face them and my prediction for the Ashes is 5-0 in England's favour:p:cool:

:(:confused:Was that necessary? Anyway' date=' i think you are really underestimating England here, sport, their one day stuff has improved dramatically over the last year. All right they weren't great against Ireland but in the fifty over game in the last year, they reached the semis of the Champions Trophy having beaten Sri Lanka and South Africa, which they wouldn't have done before as well as winning a one day series in South Africa again. Don't think England are playing the same old sterile cricket they were before,fella cos they ain't. An example of this was against the West Indies, they hit 11 sixes:eek: who would have believed England would have been capable of that{ yes im aware half the England team is foreign:p}I hope England trounce the Aussies when they face them and my prediction for the Ashes is 5-0 in England's favour:p:cool:[/quote']

This isn't me trying to be funny though. I really rate Morgan, Prior, Swann, Strauss, Collingwood. They are the only players who I think have a spot on the international stage.

11 6s isn't too bad I admit.

You making a bold Ashes Prediction like Ooh Aah Glenn McGrath? Put it up on The Ashes thread so I can ridicule you after ;)

By the way that was necessary because it shows what sort of reception you will get when you get over here. We are born and bred to hate the English sporting teams!

This isn't me trying to be funny though. I really rate Morgan' date=' Prior, Swann, Strauss, Collingwood. They are the only players who I think have a spot on the international stage.

11 6s isn't too bad I admit.

You making a bold Ashes Prediction like Ooh Aah Glenn McGrath? Put it up on The Ashes thread so I can ridicule you after ;)

By the way that was necessary because it shows what sort of reception you will get when you get over here. We are born and bred to hate the English sporting teams![/quote']

Anderson, Broad, Pietersen? You put prior in your list but none of those:confused:? Um okay. That last part is silly im afraid, you should never hate anyone...;) I would wish you good luck in the rest of the tournament but your an Aussie so....:P

Anderson' date=' Broad, Pietersen? You put prior in your list but none of those:confused:? Um okay. That last part is silly im afraid, you should never hate anyone...;) I would wish you good luck in the rest of the tournament but your an Aussie so....:P[/quote']

Anderson does nothing unless its swinging so is only going to be good in Brisbane down here. Broad is just wayward and thinks he is world class already I think. Pietersen I don't like the bloke, I like team players.

How is that silly? You are going to get slaughtered by the public, I don't think that there is any possible way you could deny that. We are sport nuts and get very angry if we lose to any English team.

Up the Aussies :D

Anderson does nothing unless its swinging so is only going to be good in Brisbane down here. Broad is just wayward and thinks he is world class already I think. Pietersen I don't like the bloke' date=' I like team players.

How is that silly? You are going to get slaughtered by the public, I don't think that there is any possible way you could deny that. We are sport nuts and get very angry if we lose to any English team.

Up the Aussies :D[/quote']

Thats the most childish post i have ever read. Anderson's a top class bowler, Broad is what 22 and your ruling him out already...okay:rolleyes:. Pietersen isn't a partcularly nice guy but he wants to do well for England so i don't agree he's not a team player.

As for the abuse, well that can only be expected but to say you HATE a country is stupid im afraid. Don't go over the top mate, its only sport at the end of the day;)

Thats the most childish post i have ever read. Anderson's a top class bowler' date=' Broad is what 22 and your ruling him out already...okay:rolleyes:. Pietersen isn't a partcularly nice guy but he wants to do well for England so i don't agree he's not a team player.

As for the abuse, well that can only be expected but to say you HATE a country is stupid im afraid. Don't go over the top mate, its only sport at the end of the day;)[/quote']

Not really I think it's fair critisism ;) Broad has talent no doubt. I liken him to Johnson, got talent but can be frustrating. This is who I rate, I'm not saying you have to hate him but down here we a value a thing called work ethic ;)

I didn't say we hate England, we hate their sporting teams. You probably can't imagine it until you experience it...

Going ok so far.. helped by 3 dropped catches from Saeed Ajmal :D Although Kieswetter is out as I post this. :o

Still don't know why Anderson isn't playing' date=' Sidebottom gets worse with every game :/[/quote']

Afridi's reaction after the third was great, no consoling pat on the back that time. Commentator's were equally as good, calling Pakistan's fielding that of school children, and blindfolded people.

I've just got a bad feeling about this game, not at all sure why because we're still on top. But it's there.