ICC World Twenty20

Re: ICC World Twenty20

So England beat Pakistan by six wickets and played well although there is room for improvement. Agree with the guy a couple of posts down, Anderson surely has to replace Sidebottom. Pakistan's fielding was nothing short of atrocious, five dropped catches and a missed run out by Kamran Akmal which was hilarious:D:DGreat to see KP dominate they way he did and pleasing to see him bat out the innings for once.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: ICC World Twenty20 When does the England game start?

Re: ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka finish 195-3 off their 20 overs against the West Indies with Mahela Jayawardena finishing unbeaten on 98. The West Indian fielding was nothing short of farcical, as t

Good performance from the pacemen' date=' had the Afghans in knots at times. You've been a bit quiet on this thread, how do you fancy your boys chances? :)[/quote']

i havent been going on the forum too much been a bit busy. I still think SA has a good chance to win the cup as always. Got a good win over NZ yesterday with morkel hitting 40(18). Anyone see the one handed catch by Gibbs? Brilliant stuff!

Unlike leedsfan i cant hate the english theres too many south africans there! Hehe

A total run-fest is on the cards. Both sides in cracking form batting-wise. Potential rehearsal for the final this year.

India ain't reaching the finals. Am 90% sure of that. For India to do so they will have to score 200+ every game due to the disastrous bowling lineup. Praveen Kumar the best of the lot is replaced by someone I have never heard of. It's looking like a big total for Aus atm.

Now if they had the master himself playing...

India ain't reaching the finals. Am 90% sure of that. For India to do so they will have to score 200+ every game due to the disastrous bowling lineup. Praveen Kumar the best of the lot is replaced by someone I have never heard of. It's looking like a big total for Aus atm.

Now if they had the master himself playing...

I have to admit I was surprised not to see new blood for India in the bowling department for T20. I personally don't understand Harbajhan bowling first up. I know you could argue he's India's best bowler so should come in early. But if I'm to be totally honest, part of me thinks its only been done so Harbajhan doesn't get hammered around as has been the case in some games recently (protecting his figures?). Bowling him almost out early as they have done leaves others under pressure as there just aren't the options to slow the run rate mid-innings.

EDIT: Jadeja having a total nightmare

I have to admit I was surprised not to see new blood for India in the bowling department for T20. I personally don't understand Harbajhan bowling first up. I know you could argue he's India's best bowler so should come in early. But if I'm to be totally honest' date=' part of me thinks its only been done so Harbajhan doesn't get hammered around as has been the case in some games recently (protecting his figures?). Bowling him almost out early as they have done leaves others under pressure as there just aren't the options to slow the run rate mid-innings.

EDIT: Jadeja having a total nightmare[/quote']

The issue with the bowling is not only do they concede runs but none of them are are wicket taking. They provide no wicket taking threat at all. For that reason someone like Sreesanth would've been there for me. Yes he might go for 60 in 4 but on another day he might have 4-16. With the current lot it's always 0-35. Regarding Harbhajan I don't think it's protecting his figures. There's this new trend that has begun to develop with Spinners openning the bowling to make sure sides don't get off to flying starts. Plently of sides have done it in this world cup. All the same I don't rate Harbhajan. Well past it and there are better players out there.

I just HATE Jadeja. Gets picked for his bowling mostly despite Yuvraj being there.

India all out for 135, it really was an utterly brainless performance from them all round. Bowling was ordinary and some of the shots their batsmen played were just ridiculous. Rohit Shama though played a stunning innings really and finished 78 not out and he and Harbajan are the only two Indians who can take any real credit from the match.

India all out for 135' date=' it really was an utterly brainless performance from them all round. Bowling was ordinary and some of the shots their batsmen played were just ridiculous. Rohit Shama though played a stunning innings really and finished 78 not out and he and Harbajan are the only two Indians who can take any real credit from the match.[/quote']

Gave up watching at 17-3. Then switched on again 25-4. Didn't watch no more.

Sri Lanka finish 195-3 off their 20 overs against the West Indies with Mahela Jayawardena finishing unbeaten on 98. The West Indian fielding was nothing short of farcical, as they missed at least seven chances one of which included a skier from Jayawardena which the Wicket keeper and Wavell Hinds left to each other and it promptly landed in the middle of them as they looked at each other:D:D

Hahaha great stuff :D

I just hope we haven't peaked a bit to early but still not bad for an unseeded team ;)

Yeah. what was that about?:D You played well but you had a bit of a helping hand, as i said yesterday some of the indian shots were just remarkable bordering idiotic and the bowling was weak as well. Still reckon England will take your mob out fella:D Speaking of whom, they face South Africa today in what should be a good game. England have had a good record against the South Africans in recent times in one day Cricket and i hope that will continue today.

Yeah. what was that about?:D You played well but you had a bit of a helping hand' date=' as i said yesterday some of the indian shots were just remarkable bordering idiotic and the bowling was weak as well. Still reckon England will take your mob out fella:D Speaking of whom, they face South Africa today in what should be a good game. England have had a good record against the South Africans in recent times in one day Cricket and i hope that will continue today.[/quote']

Well we didn't perform last time out. Well I've said I can't watch it but I was looking at live text and we were brilliant ;) We made them play poorly :D

South Africa is interesting but I think they will win. South Africa are prone to choking though lol

Well we didn't perform last time out. Well I've said I can't watch it but I was looking at live text and we were brilliant ;)We made them play poorly :D

South Africa is interesting but I think they will win. South Africa are prone to choking though lol

The way 6 of the first 7 Indian batsmen got out was inexcusable, it was kamakarze and you weren't even bowling that well:p As for South Africa, we have beaten them in 7 of the last 8 50 over matches:eek:Hopefully that will transform itself into the 20 over format:cool:

The way 6 of the first 7 Indian batsmen got out was inexcusable' date=' it was kamakarze and you weren't even bowling that well:p As for South Africa, we have beaten them in 7 of the last 8 50 over matches:eek:Hopefully that will transform itself into the 20 over format:cool:[/quote']

Sorry but we made them bat poorly due to our big target so they felt under pressure the whole time :D

I think South Africa are the best all-round cricket team but as I said they are chokers :o

Sorry but we made them bat poorly due to our big target so they felt under pressure the whole time :D

I think South Africa are the best all-round cricket team but as I said they are chokers :o

India would have won had they not batted like headless chickens:p;) Even if England don't win today, i fancy them to take out New Zealand in the last game anyway.

India would have won had they not batted like headless chickens:p;) Even if England don't win today' date=' i fancy them to take out New Zealand in the last game anyway.[/quote']

Nah it was their bowling which put them on the backfoot and made them play low percentage shots. I didn't watch the game as I said but its kinda obvious ;)

I would expect them to beat New Zealand but in T20 anything can happen!

England crush South Africa by 39 runs. You scared yet Leedsfan?:P:D

Me scared of an English cricket team? Never!!

KP going home for the birth of his child. Hope he comes back in time to play us in the final. Don't want any excuses for you fellas losing.

Australia is cricket!