ICC World Twenty20

Re: ICC World Twenty20

Me scared of an English cricket team? Never!!

KP going home for the birth of his child. Hope he comes back in time to play us in the final. Don't want any excuses for you fellas losing.

Australia is cricket!

Losing to who?:confused:We certainly won't be losing to you anytime soon the way we are playing:p As for not being scared of an English cricket team, how does a predominantly South African one make you feel?:D Australia is cricket...lmao

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: ICC World Twenty20 When does the England game start?

Re: ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka finish 195-3 off their 20 overs against the West Indies with Mahela Jayawardena finishing unbeaten on 98. The West Indian fielding was nothing short of farcical, as t

Losing to who?:confused:We certainly won't be losing to you anytime soon the way we are playing:p As for not being scared of an English cricket team' date=' how does a predominantly South African one make you feel?:D Australia is cricket...lmao[/quote']

Cricket here is like football in England. Trust me on that one ;)

You won't be losing to us soon because you won't be playing us ;)

I wouldn't want to be proud that my national team is full of imports. It just proves that the country is useless and the youth system is awful.

I wouldn't want to be proud that my national team is full of imports. It just proves that the country is useless and the youth system is awful.

Im not proud that we have four foreigners in our team, its ridiculous. Whenever we do play you im sure we will win;)

If yours is so good, why did you have to take Dirk Nannes from the Netherlands? ;)

If yours is so good' date=' why did you have to take Dirk Nannes from the Netherlands? ;)[/quote']

He was born in Melbourne and has lived his whole life in Australia. He played for the Dutch national team due to him not having a chance with the Australian team and now has cracked the big time and is now playing for the Australian national team ;)

Im not proud that we have four foreigners in our team' date=' its ridiculous. Whenever we do play you im sure we will win;)[/quote']

Haha the way it's going it'll defiantly be a good match that's for sure. We'll win it but :P

England win by three wickets:Dalthough being England they made hard work of it:rolleyes:. That means sadly New Zealand are out and rather against the odds and arguably undeservedly Pakistan are through.

Job done at the end of the day. Also means England will avoid the Aussies in the semis and the England-Australia final is still on :D. Unless India win by 20+ runs or the Windies somehow beat the powerful Aussies, it will be an England - Sri Lanka semi.

Not sure why you feel Pakistan undeservedly went through :confused: . New Zealand didn't win a game in the whole tournament by more than 7 runs and had two last ball victories. Only true grit kept them in the tournament this far. And South Africa just didn't show enough drive and really need to re-think their ideas in this format of the game.

I saw the re run of the Ind-WI game and can someone explain me the Rohit Sharma dismissal:confused:

1. Pollard bowling to Rohit Sharma

2. Sharma tries to play that cheeky scoop over fine leg.

3. The ball is easily caught by the keeper.

4. Sharma inexplicably points to his arms and makes the gesture for the third umpire. Completely uncalled for.

5. Replays show the ball clearly came of his arm.

6. Bowden does not give him out and for some unknown reason goes to the square leg umpire to consult. About what I have no clue as the catch was clearly taken.

7. Bowden then comes back to his position and gives him out.

8. Sharma fined 15% of his match fee and rightly so.

Anyway. Only place left now for the semis and 3 sides can make it.

For West Indies to make it they need to beat Australia and hope Srilanka lose against India.

For Srilanka to go through they need to beat India and hope Australia thrash West Indies.

For India to go through they need to beat Srilanka by a minimum of 20 runs or with 3 overs to spare and hope Australia hammer WI.

On Pakistan I am gutted they made it through. Everytime Shahid Afridi opens his gob I fell like flattening his nose. As soon as Pakistan lost to NZ and he thought Pak were out he had a go at the selectors and balmed them for Pakistan's exit.:rolleyes:

I saw the re run of the Ind-WI game and can someone explain me the Rohit Sharma dismissal:confused:

1. Pollard bowling to Rohit Sharma

2. Sharma tries to play that cheeky scoop over fine leg.

3. The ball is easily caught by the keeper.

4. Sharma inexplicably points to his arms and makes the gesture for the third umpire. Completely uncalled for.

5. Replays show the ball clearly came of his arm.

6. Bowden does not give him out and for some unknown reason goes to the square leg umpire to consult. About what I have no clue as the catch was clearly taken.

7. Bowden then comes back to his position and gives him out.

8. Sharma fined 15% of his match fee and rightly so.

I think the problem is that Bowden gave him out initially. Once he had done that' date=' he couldn't then go for a third umpire decision and Sharma couldn't ask him - hence the fine for dissent. The fact that Bowden then went to the 2nd onfield umpire showed his ineptitude. Was still a shocking decision.

Anyway. Only place left now for the semis and 3 sides can make it.

For West Indies to make it they need to beat Australia and hope Srilanka lose against India.

For Srilanka to go through they need to beat India and hope Australia thrash West Indies.

For India to go through they need to beat Srilanka by a minimum of 20 runs or with 3 overs to spare and hope Australia hammer WI.

I think any Sri Lanka win will do it so long as Australia win, by virtue of run rate. Sri Lanka's is far superior. In fact even a narrow Sri Lanka loss will still mean they go through unless West Indies win against the Aussies.

Also India have to win by 20 runs or it they are chasing, win in 17.4 overs. India have been written off, but it's time for them to stand up and be counted. Given their talent, and the fact that Sri Lanka haven't got the pacemen that have troubled them so much in this tournament, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they could still go through. If anyone can get out of this precarious position, India can.

I think the problem is that Bowden gave him out initially. Once he had done that' date=' he couldn't then go for a third umpire decision and Sharma couldn't ask him - hence the fine for dissent. The fact that Bowden then went to the 2nd onfield umpire showed his ineptitude. Was still a shocking decision.[/quote']

Did he actually make a decision initially as if he did there was no reason for Rohit Sharma to stick around even if it was not out. He stood there until Bowden resumed his position and then gave him out. Certainly cost India the game that decision.

Also India have to win by 20 runs or it they are chasing' date=' win in 17.4 overs. India have been written off, but it's time for them to stand up and be counted. Given their talent, and the fact that Sri Lanka haven't got the pacemen that have troubled them so much in this tournament, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they could still go through. If anyone can get out of this precarious position, India can.[/quote']

Would like to believe you but can't see it happening. Also despite the fact that I criticised Harbhajan he is the only bowler who's actually using his brains while bowling. And India just cannot take their catches. jadeja is having a shocker. Cannot field, getting smacked around when he bowls and even Harbhajan is ahead of him in the batting order. Can't for the life of me see why he is playing Yuvraj can bowl just as well. As the old saying goes if 7 batsmen won't do it 8 will most certainly won't.

So it decided.

England Vs Srilanka

Australia Vs Pakistan

Can't see Australia losing. England have a tougher game. But hey having already beaten the likes of NZ and SA they should be quite confident. A lot depends on the track as well. If it's one of those slow ones then England might find it tough to play the likes of Randiv and Mendis. On a bouncier track I would back England.

India are awful Pity they have no chance at the 2011 WC. Would have likes Sachin to win something at least...

So it decided.

England Vs Srilanka

Australia Vs Pakistan

Can't see Australia losing. England have a tougher game. But hey having already beaten the likes of NZ and SA they should be quite confident. A lot depends on the track as well. If it's one of those slow ones then England might find it tough to play the likes of Randiv and Mendis. On a bouncier track I would back England.

India are awful Pity they have no chance at the 2011 WC. Would have likes Sachin to win something at least...

Would love an Australia v England final. Any team can win it though. In T20 its to unpredictable to say something is a certainty :o

Why would they? They haven't all tournament so i don't see why they would be negative here. The days of England playing tippy tappy cricket are gone i would like to think.

It's the semis of a world cup. And chasing 120 odd theres that tendency to think you can afford to go a bit slower than usual. That could be self destructive as Pak found out against NZ.

It's the semis of a world cup. And chasing 120 odd theres that tendency to think you can afford to go a bit slower than usual. That could be self destructive as Pak found out against NZ.

Well that answered that:p Great stuff from England, the Aussies will be quaking in their boots:D