Potential List Of 89-Rated Players Set To Rise To 90

Caleb

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Potential List Of 89-Rated Players Set To Rise To 90

Goalkeepers

Cedric Carrasso - The 28-year-old Bordeaux goalkeeper is currently third in the pecking order for the Les Blues. Despite Bordeaux slight dip in domestic form this season, reaching the last eight of Europe's elite competition should be enough to see Carrasso get a 90. Also likely to be part of the French contingent headed for South Africa. 89-->90

Joe Hart - An interesting one. He has been one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League this season, with only Petr Cech being statically better than him in terms of shots to goals conceded ratio. However, Hart has yet to be tested in Europe or on the international scene, hence a rise isn't guaranteed. 89-->89/90

Eduardo Dos Reis - Currently the No.1 for the Portuguese national team, Eduardo is likely to feature in next season's edition of the Champions League with Liga Sagres surprise package Sporting Braga. Depending oh how leniently SM rates the Portuguese league, Eduardo should get a rise. 89-->90/89

Federico Marchetti - Cagliari's poor league placement might count against Marchetti's favor. Currently second choice for the Azzurri, the 27-year-old is expected to be on the plane to South Africa. One of the better goalkeepers in Italy, Marchetti's displays certainly merits a 90. 89-->89/90

Left-Backs

Aly Cissokho - The 22-year-old has had a metoric rise to fame since bursting onto the limelight at Vitória de Setúbal last year. Since then, the French full-back has drawn plaudits for his lung-bursting displays down the left at Porto and more recently, Lyon. Having reached the semi-finals of the Champions League with Lyon, the signs are all pointing to a +1 for Cissokho. 89-->90

Benoît Tremoulinas - Initially starting out as a squad player for Bordeaux, the 24-year-old has since evolved into one of the best left-backs in the French Ligue 1 right now. Superb going forward and packing a cultured left foot, Tremoulinas has now thrown himself into contention for Les Blues involvement. With Bordeaux having done well in Europe this season, he should get a 90. 89-->90/89

John Arne Riise - The Norwegian is enjoying a splendid renaissance since moving to Italy from Liverpool. An ever-present for a high-flying Roma side this season, a rise to 90 is virtually set in stone for the 28-year-old. 89-->90

Right-Backs

Victorio Maxi Perreira - A regular for table-topping Benfica, Maxi Perreira is also one of the first names on the team-sheet for the Uruguayan national team. Could earn a rise to 90. 89-->89/90

Matthieu Chalme - An ever-present for Bordeaux. The 29-year-old has since proven himself to be one of the best full-backs in France right now and with Bordeaux having proven their mettle in recent seasons, Chalme certainly deserves to be handed a 90. 89-->90/89

Marco Cassetti - Has edged ahead of the now departed Cicinho and the inconsistent Marco Motta as Roma's first choice right-back. However, getting back his previous 90 rating isn't guaranteed for the 32-year-old, with him instead having more of an outside chance of a rise. 89-->89/90

Pablo Zabaleta - The versatile Argentinian has been raking up the minutes for Manchester City, more notably in 2010. Should he continue to hold down a first team spot for The Citizens come the English changes, a small +1 rise could be in store for the former Espanyol man. 89-->89/90

Centre-Backs

Mickael Ciani - One half of a solid central defense pairing for French giants Bordeaux, the 26-year-old also earned himself a call-up to the Les Blues after starring for Blanc's side. Should rise to 90 as the average rating of Bordeaux should be higher now that they have proven their quality. 89-->89/90

Daniel Agger - Since returning from his injury, Agger has slotted seamlessly into the Liverpool's first team. The Dane looks to have finally shed his injury-prone tag and will get a +1 this round. 89-->90

Vincent Kompany - Since Mancini took over the reins at Eastlands, Kompany has been a player reborn. The Belgium international has since been employed in his natural role of a central defender and has excelled there as Manchester City are still in the running for a Champions League spot. Despite costing much less than Toure and Lescott, Kompany is undoubtedly the best defender Manchester City currently have. 89-->90

Marc Planus - The 28-year-old French defender is the other half of the Bordeaux central defense pairing. Has proven himself to be an indispensable player for the reigning French champions and should get a rise to 90. 89-->89/90

Richard Dunne - The former Manchester City captain has since rebuilt his career at Aston Villa. Dunne has since thrust himself into the running for best signing of the season and the 30-year-old is set to regain a 90 following a series of inspired displays. 89-->90

Simon Kjaer - The 20-year-old Danish youngster is one of the most sought after youngsters in Europe right now. Kjaer is expected to line up for Denmark at the World Cup and along with Palermo's impending qualification for Europe, Kjaer could get a deserved rise to 90. 89-->89/90

Nicolas Otamendi - The 22-year-old is expected to play a crucial role in the heart of the Argentina defense at this year's World Cup. There have been rumors going around that the Vélez Sarsfield youngster is Europe bound in this transfer window. A good World Cup outing will only serve to raise the stock of Otamendi and aid his case for a rise to 90. For now, a 89 is more probably. 88-->89/90

All-Round Defenders

Jerome Boateng - The German international is rumored to be England-bound with Manchester City his likely destination. Boateng has been impressive for Hamburg and is now an undisputed starter for the Europa League semi-finalist. Nonetheless, a rise isn't a certainty due to Hamburg's domestic woes. 89-->89/90

Defensive-Midfielders

Alexandre Song - The Cameroonian youngster has improved in leap and bounds this season. His presence was sorely missed as Arsenal succumbed to a crushing defeat at the hands of Barcelona in the last eight of the Champions League. Was impressive before his injury, Song should still get a deserved 90. 89-->90

Moussa Sissoko - The 20-year-old is already drawing the attention of many suitors with his impressive displays in recent seasons. Already capped by the French national team, Sissoko's future is certainly looking bright. One of the better performers for an under-achieving Toulouse this season, Sissoko has an outside chance of a rise. 89-->89/90

Thiago Motta - A favorite of Jose Mourinho and rightfully so. While being considerably less glamorous a name compared to the other stars at Inter Milan, Motta has held down a first team spot at Inter this season. 89-->90/89

Francisco Javi Garcia - So impressive has his displays this season that Javi Garcia has been considered for international duty for Spain. A key player for Benfica now after failing to hold down a first team spot at Real Madrid, a rise

to 90 is a probability for the 23-year-old. 89-->89/90

Didier Zokora - The former Tottenham midfielder is now enjoying an extended run in the Sevilla first team. With the Spanish side still pushing for the last Champions League berth, Zokora could get a 90. 89-->89/90

Lucas Leiva - Should have gotten a rise last round, the Liverpool midfielder has improved this season despite Liverpool's woeful displays. Lucas also has a chance at making Dunga's squad for the World Cup and while he will most likely get a 89 due to his club's form, a 90 is a slim possibility. 88-->89/90

Central-Midfielders

Éver Banega - Forget Xavi for now. Banega has been one of the best central midfielders in the La Liga this season. Valencia are still on course to qualify for the Champions League and Banega should get a 90. 89-->90/89

Wilson Palacios - The humble and down-to-earth Wilson Palacios has been one of the first names on the team-sheet for an impressive Tottenham this season. With the London based outfit still in the running for a Champions League ticket, a rise to 90 will be a just reward for the 25-year-old Honduran. 89-->90/89

Benoît Cheyrou - The 28-year-old has established himself as a regular for Ligue 1 heavyweights Marseille for some time now and with Marseille doing well domestically this season, a rise is on the cards for Cheyrou. 89-->90

Attacking-Midfielders

Alan Dzagoev - The Russian wonderkid is heavily linked with a move away from CSKA Moscow when the transfer window reopens. Already a regular for Russian giants CSKA at the tender age of 19, depending on where he moves to, a rise to 90 is possible for Dzagoev. 89-->89/90

Ribeiro Cleiton Xavier - With the Brazilian League enjoying an influx of higher-rated players recently, Cleiton Xavier is well posed to rise should he enjoy a successful campaign with Palmeiras. One of the best playmakers in Brazil right now, the 27-year-old will not look out of place with a 90 rating. 89-->89/90

Stevan Jovetic - The former FK Partizan wonderkid is having a fine season at Fiorentina. However, the Viola are a mixed bag in the Serie A this year and with Champions League qualification looking increasingly unlikely, a rise to 90 isn't certain for the 20-year-old. 89-->89/90

Miralem Pjanic - The Bosnian attacking midfielder has blosssomed at Lyon since being snapped up with the hopes of him emulating the departed Juninho. The 20-year-old has since lived up to expectations, guiding Lyon to the last four of the Champions League. As it stands, Pjanic has an outside chance of a rise to 90, while a 89 is all but a certainty right now. 88-->89/90

Left-Midfielders

Balázs Dzsudzsak - The 23-year-old Hungarian is having a splendid campaign with Eredevisie outfit PSV. His stellar performances have not gone unnoticed, with several major European teams reported to be keen on landing him, most notably Manchester United. Should PSV qualify for the Champions League, Dzsudzsak should get a 90. 89-->90/89

Steven Pienaar - Since arriving from Borussia Dortmund, the South African has established himself as a regular for David Moyes's side. Pienaar has been out of the standout performers for Everton this season and a rise to 90 is looking likely. 89-->90/89

Wingers

Diego Perotti - The Argentinian winger has broken into the first team at Sevilla with a string of fine displays. The impressive form of Perotti has kept the precocious Diego Capel out of first team action at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán and the 22-year-old has a strong shout at making the Argentina squad for the World Cup. 89-->90/89

Marko Marin - The German prodigy is enjoying a fine season with Werder Bremen after taking some time to find his feet since moving from Borussia Monchengladbach at the start of the season. With Werder Bremen likely to qualify for Europe, Marin should get a 90 based on this season performances. 89-->90/89

Luis Nani - A debatable inclusion to some but few can deny that Nani has improved this season. Despite being inconsistent, the 22-year-old Portuguese has been instrumental of Manchester United in several games this season. Nani has enough minutes under his belt for a top team, which could translate to a rise SM-wise. 89-->90/89

Eljero Elia - Enjoyed a bright start to his Germany career with a series of dazzling displays for Hamburg at the start of the season. A mainstay for the Bundesliga giants on the wing, his performances has since faded away slightly and he is not out for the season with an injury. Has an outside chance of a rise and is likely to be on the Oranje plane to South Africa. 89-->89/90

Jose Antonio Reyes - The well-traveled winger is having a monster of a season with Atletico Madrid. The Spanish outfit aren't having the best of seasons domestically but they have made the final of the Europa League. Reyes has been one of the better performers for Atletico Madrid this season and his performances on the pitch could translate to a +1 rise in the Spanish change.

Angel Di Maria - The tricky winger is a regular for Mardona's Argentina and is also a key player for Portuguese Bwin Liga leaders Benfica. Expected to be one to watch out for at the World Cup, Di Maria should and could get a rise to 90. 89-->90/89

Pedro Rodriguez - The 22-year-old Barcelona academny graduate burst onto the scene this season, taking full advantage of Henry's poor displays. He has since matured into a reliable goal scorer for Barcelona, contributing 20 goals this season. Pedro also has an outside chance of making the Spanish squad for the World Cup. 88-->90

Forwards

Gabriel Agbonlahor - Despite not being the most prolific of forwards, Agbonlahor has done enough over the last two seasons to suggest a rise to 90. With Aston Villa competing at the right end of the table again this season, it is perhaps time that Agbonlahor gets his long overdue 90. 89-->90/89

Givanildo Vieira Hulk - The recently capped Brazilian forward is now back in the thick of action after being allowed to return earlier than his stipulated ban. A key player for Porto up front along with new boy Radamel Falcao, Hulk has a slim chance of a 90 this round. 89-->89/90

Nicklas Bendtner - Despite needed many chances to score, the Dane remains Arsenal main striker this season following the premature injury to Van Persie and the injury plagued Eduardo. Will most likely get 89, but if SM are feeling lenient, he might sneak a 90. 88-->89/90

Craig Bellamy - The pacey Welsh forward has kept his first team spot through both Mark Hughes' and Mancini's reign. Has generally done well his time on the pitch and should get a rise considering Manchester City's good placing in the league table. An interesting fact about Bellamy, a cup of tea in front of the television is the temperamental 30-year-old's idea of a relaxing time. 89-->90

Javier Saviola - The dimunitive Argentinian is now finding his feet again in Portugal after failing to hold down a first team spot at Real Madrid. I really rate the Argentinian and being capped 40 times by the Argentinian national team is a testament of his ability. His form with Benfica this season has reignited hopes of him someday donning the blue and black kit of Argentina once more but with an abundance of attacking options available, I wouldn't put my hopes too high. 89-->90/89

Centre-Forwards

Edison Cavani - The Uruguayan is having a good season with Palermo. With European qualification looking increasingly likely, a rise to 90 wouldn't be out of the question for the 23-year-old. 89-->90/89

Mauro Boselli - The Estudiantes hitman has been playing well this season, and is heavily linked with a move to Europe. Could earn a small rise, depending on how he performs till the next change. 89-->89/90

Louis Saha - The French striker has since rebuilt his career since joining Everton from Manchester United. The focal point of the Everton frontline, Saha has a chance of regaining a 90 rating. 89-->90/89

Djibril Cisse - So impressive has Cisse been for Panathinaikos that he earned a recall to the Les Blues this year for a friendly. The Greek Super League top marksman currently stands a outside chance of making the plane for South Africa. 89-->89/90

Darren Bent - Currently the 3rd best goalscorer in the Premiership with 24 league goals to his name, the former Charlton and Tottenham hitman is set for a rise to 90. The Sunderland striker has also as much chance as anyone else at making Fabio Capello's squad for the South Africa World Cup. 89-->90

Have finished every position, except F and CF. They will be up within the next 10 minutes.

Positions that do not have risers are not listed, e.g RM. Anyone got any opinions or suggestions? Comments are very much welcomed as effort was spend in churning up the list so yeah, fire away. :)

Also, if the format is hard to read or needs more color, feel free to suggest.

Thanks.

Great work' date=' I can't think of any player who will hit 90 and isn't on that list. :)

Oh, and Cissokho "burst onto the limelight" in Setubal, and not in Naval :P[/quote']

Cheers for that too, I'll edit it. Btw, I don't have the Sporting emblem as my avatar anymore, hope that eases your blood pressure levels slightly ;)

Cheers for that too' date=' I'll edit it. Btw, I don't have the Sporting emblem as my avatar anymore, hope that eases your blood pressure levels slightly ;)[/quote']

Hulk... He won't rise. Not after being sidelined for 13 more games than he originally should have been. :o

Although to be fair, he is playing at something like a 91 standard at the moment, and he should have rose to 90 instead of 89 last term. Meh, I still want to see his performance against a team with a better defence, which will happen tomorrow against Benfica, before I say if he has real a chance on the 90 or not.

LOL :P

I don't really mind Sporting at all. But if those colours were, by any chance, red... ;)

Hulk... He won't rise. Not after being sidelined for 18 more games than he originally should have been. :o

Although to be fair' date=' he is playing at something like a 91 standard at the moment, and he should have rose to 90 instead of 89 last term. Meh, I still want to see his performance against a team with a better defence, which will happen tomorrow against Benfica, before I say if he has real a chance on the 90 or not.

LOL :P

I don't really mind Sporting at all. But if those colours were, by any chance, red... ;)[/quote']

I agree, he's been out too long :( But well, I need some names to fill the F area, so Hulk's in :P Hopefully he can play enough both in quantity and quality by the next change to get the 90. The Brazil cap(s)? will have helped his cause next round too.

Haha, from what you wrote on my profile some time back, seems like Sporting do tend to rub you the wrong way :P

Although, they aren't as strong as the RED guys so maybe that's why you don't mind them so much. :rolleyes:

Maybe Soldado?

Thanks' date=' Getafe are likely to qualify for the Europa League so Soldado might get a rise. Thing is, he's already one of the highest rated players in his team. His goal scoring form has dried up since the last change and I don't think he'll rise. He has only scored 2 goals in 2010.

I was looking forward to recommending Mauro Boselli, but it seems that you have all bases covered! Great work mate. :)

Thanks, I hope if he were to move, it will be to a team which can help him rating wise. Birmingham are keen on him? Although I've seen Boselli's name getting thrown about in the transfer rumor mill, I really can't recall the team(s) that is/are keen on him.

Thanks' date=' I hope if he were to move, it will be to a team which can help him rating wise. Birmingham are keen on him? Although I've seen Boselli's name getting thrown about in the transfer rumor mill, I really can't recall the team(s) that is/are keen on him.[/quote']

Lately, Man Utd have even been linked with him, but that might just be the British media working overtime. Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool have been linked as a result of this rumour as well, so we're moving away from clubs of Birmingham's standards (no offence Brum fans!).

What do you reckon to the curious case of Craig Bellamy.....

Got a +1 for his amazing form under Hughes...is that his level?

How interesting ;) A Manchester City fan asking a Manchester United inclined person for an opinion regarding a Citizen. :P

I think he should get a 90, nothing higher than that though. I really don't think Bellamy is worse than Wright-Phillips based on this season's form. Plus, Bellamy has continued to rake up the minutes under Mancini and if you take into account Man City's average first team rating being around the 91 mark, I think Bellamy will get a 90.

Just realized I missed Bellamy, thanks.

Bendtner didn't meet the criteria on Title

Potential List Of 89-Rated Players Set To Rise To 90

LOL

Anyway' date=' good work like usual[/quote']

If you are getting technical, Pjanic doesn't meet it too btw. B)

Thanks.

Lately' date=' Man Utd have even been linked with him, but that might just be the British media working overtime. Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool have been linked as a result of this rumour as well, so we're moving away from clubs of Birmingham's standards (no offence Brum fans!).[/quote']

For that sort of teams to be linked to him, Boselli must be that good. :)

Re: Riferimento: Potential List Of 89-Rated Players Set To Rise To 90

saviola rise to 90?

Unlikely. If he gets into the Argentina squad, then maybe. His goalscoring record is nothing spectacular right now, and 89 is a just rating for him imo :)

Re: Riferimento: Potential List Of 89-Rated Players Set To Rise To 90

Unlikely. If he gets into the Argentina squad' date=' then maybe. His goalscoring record is nothing spectacular right now, and 89 is a just rating for him imo :)[/quote']

Disagreed. Saviola will rise to 90. Or I'll eat my shoe.

His goalscoring record may not be spectacular... because maybe he prefers to pass the ball to Cardozo instead of attempting to score himself? More than 3000 minutes of competitive football in 42 matches, and 19 goals plus 11 assists in a team that will be the champions in their country and play in the CL next season, are more than enough for the 90. And he has missed the last 5 or 6 games through injury, otherwise his stats (which is the only thing SM looks at in Portugal) would look even better.

Sorry Caleb, you simply can't fight your way through this one.

Hulk... He won't rise. Not after being sidelined for 18 more games than he originally should have been. :o

Although to be fair' date=' he is playing at something like a 91 standard at the moment, and he should have rose to 90 instead of 89 last term. Meh, I still want to see his performance against a team with a better defence, which will happen tomorrow against Benfica, before I say if he has real a chance on the 90 or not.[/quote']

What's the deal with these updates then people?

Some players get reviewed on 'talent' and some on 'minutes'...?

If Hulk is a '91' player at the moment, should he be placed on '91' then even if he has had less time on the pitch?

I expected Hargreaves to be reduced in the last English update due to his lack of 'minutes' but he's kept that based on 'potential', so why should Hulk be held back if he is on a 91 level?

Example

Another one is O'Shea versus Ivanovic, both play a similar position but last season O'Shea was an 89 and Ivanovic was an 88.

O'Shea player more minutes, deserved his place and played in the champions league final as well as winning the league, Ivanovic managed to leapfrog O'Shea to a 90, while O'Shea was left on an 89.

O'Shea playing bigger games at a bigger club and winning more medals I thought would have counted in his rating... But did SM look at Ivanovic's 'talent' over what O'Shea achieved?

Back to the point, should Hulk get his 91 then, or more likely 90/91?

Example

Another one is O'Shea versus Ivanovic' date=' both play a similar position but last season O'Shea was an 89 and Ivanovic was an 88.

O'Shea player more minutes, deserved his place and played in the champions league final as well as winning the league, Ivanovic managed to leapfrog O'Shea to a 90, while O'Shea was left on an 89.

[b']O'Shea playing bigger games at a bigger club and winning more medals[/b] I thought would have counted in his rating... But did SM look at Ivanovic's 'talent' over what O'Shea achieved?

Not this season. Man. United have got the Carling Cup, but how is United a bigger club than Chelsea?

They haven't shown that over the first 36 games of the season, Chelsea have beat Stoke 7-0 and Villa 7-1, there top of the league with two games to go and they have an FA Cup final to look forward to.

Ivanovic has deserved his 90, O'Shea's been injured. And how on earth is O'Shea playing bigger games then Ivanovic?

It was an example from last season and last seasons update fool. Did you not read?!?!?! Na, you didn't... Pretty sure the champions league final is a big game?

Manchester United, Liverpool and Cardiff (haha) are BIG clubs... Beating Stoke and Villa doesn't count against being a BIG club nor does being top of the league at the moment...

If these two were in the second division they'd still be BIGGER clubs!

Hope Blackpool do well this weekend HAHAHAHA!!! Come on DJ Campbell, WOOP!

The point was indeed though Hulk...

What's the deal with these updates then people?

Some players get reviewed on 'talent' and some on 'minutes'...?

If Hulk is a '91' player at the moment' date=' should he be placed on '91' then even if he has had less time on the pitch?

I expected Hargreaves to be reduced in the last English update due to his lack of 'minutes' but he's kept that based on 'potential', so why should Hulk be held back if he is on a 91 level?

[b']Example[/b]

Another one is O'Shea versus Ivanovic, both play a similar position but last season O'Shea was an 89 and Ivanovic was an 88.

O'Shea playing bigger games at a bigger club and winning more medals I thought would have counted in his rating... But did SM look at Ivanovic's 'talent' over what O'Shea achieved?

Back to the point, should Hulk get his 91 then, or more likely 90/91?

You have to understand that the Portuguese League is a minor league. Thus, the performance of the players matter little compared to their stats. In fact, the vast majority of the leagues, excluding EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and maybe Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, are reviewed purely on stats. SM does not have the time nor the means nor sufficient researchers to keep up with so many leagues. Of course, this does not mean all clubs in one league are reviewed with stats. Porto might be an exception, since they always play in the European competitions, specifically the Champions League. But then again, what has Hulk done in the Champions League after the last ratings change, when the groups phase was already finished? Two poor matches against Arsenal (he was unfit anyway, since he was in the middle of his domestic ban).

Hulk's stats tell that he has played roughly 1400 minutes in the league, in a possible 2520. It gets tough to get the 90 in these conditions. And of course, SM will hardly have the idea that Hulk was unfairly banned for 13 more games than he was supposed to. What makes me think that he has an outside chance of getting 90 is that his stats look better than last season's. Despite playing less, he has scored more. And of course, the 91 standard is just me saying, an average Portuguese who watches Porto's and Hulk's matches and is familiarized with SM rating for a couple of years now.

Anyway, in the next season or two he should be 91 or thereabouts.

It was an example from last season and last seasons update fool. Did you not read?!?!?! Na' date=' you didn't... Pretty sure the champions league final is a big game?

Manchester United, Liverpool and Cardiff (haha) are BIG clubs... Beating Stoke and Villa doesn't count against being a BIG club nor does being top of the league at the moment...

If these two were in the second division they'd still be BIGGER clubs!

[b']

Hope Blackpool do well this weekend HAHAHAHA!!! Come on DJ Campbell, WOOP!

[/b]

The point was indeed though Hulk...

So if a player plays in the champions league final, he automatically deserves an increase.

How immature. You are 100% of the point mate. & how on earth are Aston Villa now not considered a major side, they've done a lot more than Liverpool have this season.

5. Aston Villa, 64 points

7. Liverpool, 62 points

Aston Villa have also reach the FA Cup Semi-Final, aswell as the FA Cup Final and have had a much better season then Liverpool.

So beating Aston Villa 7-1 is not one of the best results of the season?

Hulk shouldn't rise, hasn't played, just because a player has potential of a rating doesn't mean he should rise. Proving that a player is at a certain rating through performances should result in a rise, Hulk hasn't played much - therefore shouldn't rise.

Archived