Of mice and men - HELP!

Kyle Turner

Hi I'm Kyle - Many of the older forumers may know me!

I'm in my last year at school and i have the 'OF MICE AND MEN' book to read in only several days - I'm not much of a reader you see:P

I hear you can download audio books which i can just listen to, however, i'm not sure if any of these are free for me to listen, i've looked around a fair bit, and so far... Nothing. Also i need this to be FREE

Could anyone help??????????

I havent been on here in a while, so if i have posted in the wrong section, i'm very sorry forumers:):D

Re: Of mice and men - HELP!

Hi I'm Kyle - Many of the older forumers may know me!

I'm in my last year at school and i have the 'OF MICE AND MEN' book to read in only several days - I'm not much of a reader you see:P

I hear you can download audio books which i can just listen to, however, i'm not sure if any of these are free for me to listen, i've looked around a fair bit, and so far... Nothing. Also i need this to be FREE

Could anyone help??????????

I havent been on here in a while, so if i have posted in the wrong section, i'm very sorry forumers:):D[/quote

im studying this in my final year aswel, go to a library and ask to see what OMAM books they have, most have a very good on which summarizes each section, gives keys quotes, and character profiles!!!

sorry cant remember the name :L, hope i helped slightly

Hi Kyle,

I'm also studying this novel for my English GCSE. I'm surprised you haven't started studying the book at school already as it is worth about 30% of your Literature GCSE (providing your exam board is WJEC). Trust me, listening to the novel once is not going to be enough to get you your GCSE - you'll probably fall asleep! You'd be lucky to even get an G. You need to have a good understand of the meaning, plot, context, charcters and Key themes to get a C. Remember you're gonna have to write a 2/3 page essay on any given questions in exam conditions. I recommend reading the book through twice and then going to BBC Bitesize and watching the video's they have on there. You're also going to need to learn at least 20 quotes off by heart to use in your exam.

If you don't like reading, trying to watching the film adaptation on youtube, with Gary sinise in.It's an excellent film and it helped me with my GCSE. But as Ben said, you really do need to read the novel mate, trust me it isn't that bad, i enjoyed it immensely and i don't read a great deal either.

Hi Kyle' date='

I'm also studying this novel for my English GCSE. I'm surprised you haven't started studying the book at school already as it is worth about 30% of your Literature GCSE (providing your exam board is WJEC). Trust me, listening to the novel once is not going to be enough to get you your GCSE - you'll probably fall asleep! You'd be lucky to even get an G. You need to have a good understand of the meaning, plot, context, charcters and Key themes to get a C. Remember you're gonna have to write a 2/3 page essay on any given questions in exam conditions. I recommend reading the book through twice and then going to BBC Bitesize and watching the video's they have on there. You're also going to need to learn at least 20 quotes off by heart to use in your exam.

Unfortunately, this is all true. You have to read the book, not just listen to it. You'll pick up more and remember the quotes better if you read it. Best to look at plot summaries as well.

Surprised you haven't had English lessons studying this in indepth. My school started teaching us last year, and now we revisie it now and again before the exam, just to refresh our memory. Also, they gave us a copy of the book. Best thing you can do is to buy a copy of the book, read it twice every night or so. Or, even better, ask your English teacher if you could have some of their time at lunch/after school to help you. More than not they happily oblige! Good luck, you'll need it!