Youth Squad

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think that this has been mentioned, as I haven't read all of this thread since yesterday. Just noticed that it now says "Coming soon you will be able to move players from your 1st team squad into your youth squad if they are 21 years or below. This will enable you to organise your squad better. Youth team players will have to be promoted into your 1st team squad in order for you to play them. Players can be moved between the two squads freely throughout the season."

Sounds like a good addition. SM just gets better everyday :)

questions

a few questions:

1) are we goin to have a startup youth squad are we starting from zero and we have to scramble for U21 players in the market?

2) will youth teams have fixtures on their own?

teams struggling with cash will definiteky not affor bying U21 even in the free agent list. it would be nice to give them fixtrues so we could check on their form and maybe move some up to the senior squad.

p.s...i think it would have been better if it would be a reserve squad...so all off-form players could be moved to the 2nd team. just thinking aloud. :-)

good work SM!

a few questions:

1) are we goin to have a startup youth squad are we starting from zero and we have to scramble for U21 players in the market?

2) will youth teams have fixtures on their own?

teams struggling with cash will definiteky not affor bying U21 even in the free agent list. it would be nice to give them fixtrues so we could check on their form and maybe move some up to the senior squad.

p.s...i think it would have been better if it would be a reserve squad...so all off-form players could be moved to the 2nd team. just thinking aloud. :-)

good work SM!

1) No, it uses your existing U21's

2) No, they wont play. It is to help organise teams above all, and encourage scouting of young talents.

youth team

Coming soon you will be able to move players from your 1st team squad into your youth squad if they are 21 years or below. This will enable you to organise your squad better. Youth team players will have to be promoted into your 1st team squad in order for you to play them. Players can be moved between the two squads freely throughout the season. this will be so good. :)

Youth Team Players

When new players are added to the New Player list, would it not be better to have new players being added to the youth squad as in real life, i.e. Daniel Sturridge to Manchester City, rather that as a free agent.

Otherwise teams that have good talent coming through will miss out because they cannot afford to pick up these players, giving the moneybag clubs a chance to pick up all the hot talent.

It would also keep the game more real, as after a few seasons some squads have become unreconisable after all the transfer deals.

Youth Squad might be useless

Really, right now I only see one reason why there should be a youth squad and that is organization for those teams with too many players. Other that that, what's the point? Giving our younger talent some games to play in will not get them any more experience and thus increase in value and overall performance, due to overall rating is based off of real life performance and has nothing to do with in game achievemtents. So, basically we will no be saving money, yet we will be putting our youth at risk of injury, for pretty much nothing. Unless there is some other points to have a youth squad that I haven't heard yet, I think the idea is pretty much pointless.

It would however make sense if indeed in game performance affected their overall score to some percent. Say, 25% in-game perforance and 75% real life performance would give us that players overall rating in SM. Then it would make sense for us to have a youth squad so we could be raising the rating of our younger talent to some degree.

Your comments are welcome

Youth squad wont be useless

Really' date=' right now I only see one reason why there should be a youth squad and that is organization for those teams with too many players. Other that that, what's the point? Giving our younger talent some games to play in will not get them any more experience and thus increase in value and overall performance, due to overall rating is based off of real life performance and has nothing to do with in game achievemtents. So, basically we will no be saving money, yet we will be putting our youth at risk of injury, for pretty much nothing. Unless there is some other points to have a youth squad that I haven't heard yet, I think the idea is pretty much pointless.

It would however make sense if indeed in game performance affected their overall score to some percent. Say, 25% in-game perforance and 75% real life performance would give us that players overall rating in SM. Then it would make sense for us to have a youth squad so we could be raising the rating of our younger talent to some degree.

Your comments are welcome[/quote']One of the benefits is organisation of players, as you mentioned. Another benefit is a more realistic experience, clubs have them in real life, which will attract people to the game, and thus make it better for us all. Another is that wages for youth players will be lower, so this will encourage people to buy youth prospects, and reduce the risk of those who do at the moment. So, another benefit is adding longevity to the game, as it will reward loyalty and planning. Another benefit is the savings these lower wages will provide, and increases in the growth of club assets, thus making the game more competitive and realistic as smaller clubs can work focus on this area and be able to challenge the big boys more. Doesnt look like Youth Teams will play, so no risk of injury, or reduced condition, and the players can move freely between 1st team and youth team if needed, so no drawbacks (or changes) in terms of 1st team squad availability or strength.

Basing ratings based on in game performances, at all, is not what SM is about. Players are based on real life ratings. 'Raising the rating of our younger talent' is unnecessary as if careful scouting/research is done, the players will have a ratings increase all of their own. Incorporating what you suggest, but even using 10%, or 5%, would mean in a few years players' ratings would be unrecognisable to real life.