The Official Bristol City F.C. Thread

Re: The Official Bristol City F.C. Thread

A very reliable City fan on another forum..

"Just had a very worrying phone call people. Expect some extremely BAD news about the stadium within the next 48 hours!

Bristol City council have shot themselves in the foot big time by the sound of things and don't expect to be leaving Ashton Gate any time soon.

I really hope this isn't true but two different sources have said the same thing in the last 24 hours and it is supposed to be hitting the media in the next 48!

Very' date=' very concerning."[/i']

Sh!t.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185180&page=543

are you the same BCFCMike from here aswell

its the town green status thingy, they might have pulled off the impossible by having picnics on a field that is heavily leaking methane gas with big pipes sticking out the ground,

hope not thou only time will tell,

back in june/july the feeling around bristol (the south side) was good, new manager in coppell big shiny new ground on way, we was being linked with a huge list of top players, managing to sign dj on a free

2 months later coppell left us up the creek without a paddle, a couple of half decent signing, struggling to defend, new shiny ground in doubt and rumours that dj isn't happy

our season has already has had alot of twist, whats next??

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185180&page=543

are you the same BCFCMike from here aswell

its the town green status thingy' date=' they might have pulled off the impossible by having picnics on a field that is heavily leaking methane gas with big pipes sticking out the ground,

hope not thou only time will tell,

back in june/july the feeling around bristol (the south side) was good, new manager in coppell big shiny new ground on way, we was being linked with a huge list of top players, managing to sign dj on a free

2 months later coppell left us up the creek without a paddle, a couple of half decent signing, struggling to defend, new shiny ground in doubt and rumours that dj isn't happy

our season has already has had alot of twist, whats next??[/quote']

I am indeed. You a registered on there?

AT LAST

OUR FIRST 3 POINTS

OF THE SEASON

also the first clean sheet of the season

was listening to it on the radio and i just knew there was going to be a goal in injury time

i was just shocked that we was the ones to score it this time :D

Ohh yesssss!

Hopefully another 3 points to follow tuesday.... I also earn't a nice lil wage off the bookies today so my day with city winning then winning some £££ has been brill.

Have u seen the qpr - maynard rumour on otib :o

Ohh yesssss!

Hopefully another 3 points to follow tuesday.... I also earn't a nice lil wage off the bookies today so my day with city winning then winning some £££ has been brill.

Have u seen the qpr - maynard rumour on otib :o

you finally won something then :P what was the bets today? and how much you win?

the maynard rumour :rolleyes:

but would we turn down £3.5 mil (rumoured) in january with maynard having 6 months left on his contract?

it would be a must accept deal imo

also rumoured to be another player aswell as cash

Patrick Agyemang probs :eek::rolleyes::o:(

:eek:

Wish him well. Revived 4 times on the pitch apparently, horrible to imagine it :(

As for City, was good to get our first 3 points, also sounded like an impressive performance from us.

Bring on Watford tomorrow night, Can't wait.

well' date=' thats our stadium plans in big doubts thanks to some tree hugging hippies winning their appeal to turn a former landfill site into a village green :confused:[/quote']

Indeed :(

And if does all go t*ts up, like they are saying on FF, SL's patience will run out and probably go elsewhere.

Horrible week for us and I don't like to think so, but I can see it getting worse :(

Burnley today.

If we pick up anything from this game i'll be happy, although with recent results it looks unlikely.

Off to the bookies in a mo, to do me Goal Rush.

Any predictions off anyone?

Need four games from today were you think both teams will score, anywere from the prem to league 1. :P

Burnley today.

If we pick up anything from this game i'll be happy' date=' although with recent results it looks unlikely.

Off to the bookies in a mo, to do me Goal Rush.

Any predictions off anyone?

Need four games from today were you think both teams will score, anywere from the prem to league 1. :P[/quote']

did you win anything from the bookies???

happy with a point at burnley even more happier is that we kept a clean sheet :D

21st in the league at the moment slowly improving as each game goes by,

pompey away next and im confident we can come home with 3 points

caulker

City have agreed to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Steven Caulker on a youth loan.

In an identical deal to the one that brought his Spurs team-mate Danny Rose to Ashton Gate, Steven heads to Ashton Gate for the remainder of the 2010/11 campaign.

The deal for the 18-year-old is subject to a recall clause available to the Premier League side, which becomes active after the first 28 days of the loan.

A six-foot, three-inch tall centre-half with 11 caps at England Under-19 level, Steven impressed during a season-long loan deal in Somerset with Yeovil Town last term.

Having just made his first-team debut for Tottenham in their recent Carling Cup clash with North London rivals Arsenal, the next stage of the Feltham-born defender's career is to gain vital match experience with City in the npower Championship.

Steven completed a medical at Ashton Gate this morning and joins subject to Football League clearance when their offices re-open after the weekend. He is expected to be in the squad for Tuesday's visit to Portsmouth, and takes squad number 36.

Been away from this forum for ages so nice to see a City thread started up :)

Which ever way you look at it Coppell has well and truly fooked our season up by bottling it and leaving. Fair play to Millen for stepping in to what is a very tuff job at the moment. This season we just need to steady the ship and not go down (which i dont think we will do tbh).

As for recent results, decent point at Burnley considering our recent form.. Portsmouth will be a tricky one on Tuesday to be honest, obviously they will be buzzing after winning 6-0 so i would quite happily take a point down there.

On the subject of tuesday anyone on here heading down? I managed to get the weds off work so me and a few lads are driving down so should be a good crack, fingers crossed for the win! Up the City!

evander on his way back?

Ajax would be open to letting Evander Sno go on loan until January at least - with Bristol City said to be keen on being reunited with the midfielder.

Sno, 23, returned to training this week just two weeks after suffering a suspected heart attack in a reserve team game.

He has yet to feature in any of Ajax's seven league games this season and although sources at the club have told talkSPORT they are keen on letting the Dutchman develop at the Amsterdam Arena, they would be open to letting him move on loan for a portion of the season.

Bristol City snapped Sno up in 2009 and he performed well at Ashton Gate, scoring three goals in 23 league appearances last season. The former Celtic midfielder moved back to Ajax for the new season but he has yet to feature, with Martin Jol's men top of the league and performing well.

Jol would be open to letting Sno move out on loan before returning in January and ambitious Bristol, who signed David James this summer, would welcome the opportunity to have Sno back at the club.

thoughts???

i can't wait to play r*vers' date=' swindon, plymouth, exeter, yeovil next season :o

our manager to quit in south wales after our next game after a heavy loss,

sound familiar?

history is about to repeat itself i think :([/quote']

"Were Bristol City and we always lose"

Weres Basso when u need him?

Sacking GJ a mistake?:o

"Were Bristol City and we always lose"

Weres Basso when u need him?

Sacking GJ a mistake?:o

no if we kept with johnson we would be in league 1 now ;)

cant seem to find any odds on next manager to lose his job,

could be worth a few quid :D

no if we kept with johnson we would be in league 1 now ;)

cant seem to find any odds on next manager to lose his job' date='

could be worth a few quid :D[/quote']

I disagree, if we kept johnson, for me we would have been in a better position now than what Copout has left the team in. Millen needs to walk, hes tried it and it isn't working, do the decent thing and got tell sir steve ur not up to it:mad: