Summer transfers + ratings

jaydee

Morning y'all!

I have never made a prediction thread before, nor do I intend to, but I though i'd splash in an idea for you football nutters, as I dont believe there is such a thread & imo it would make good sense to have such a thread.

I propose a thread that contains all transfers going on this summer.

Ex.

The Spain experts will post a summary of the transfers being made.

(Higgy, Kensational & others)

The England experts will post a summary of the transfers being made.

(ex. swanseajack, Maoam, AdaM D & others)

The Germany experts will post a summary of the transfers being made.

(PhilGT, Maxpayne & others)

...& so on. you get the picture

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex. Spain Summary 2010.

Fernando Torres: L.F.C. ---> F.C.B.

Prediction: Torres will probably knock out Zlatan from the start XI & if he has a good season maybe in for a rise to 97. After winning the Golden Boot at the WC2010, he is on fire atm & should fall into the Barcelona system quite easily. Look out Galaticos!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that way people can get a quick overview of the transfers of lesser known deals, talents, who to watch, the big kahuna deal for Torres;) & just in general get a feel for whats cooking in the next season.

Feel free to give some feedback or blast it down.

Regards.

Re: Summer transfers + ratings

Sounds a cool idea, ill give it a go. Tell me if its the right layout what you was looking for.

Ex. England Summary 2010.

Marouane Chamakh: Bordeaux ---> Arsenal

Prediction: Its a pretty much done deal. He wants to join Arsenal, Arsenal want to buy him, and hes a free agent in the summer (woohoo :D). This is the type of striker Arsenal need, Physical and good in air. I see him being a starter next season (Same formation, 4-3-3). He would have to take v.Persies spot as the main CF though, with Arshavin and RVP on the wide areas of the front 3. Diaby would be the player sarcrifed (Which is a shame :(), and Nasri would play alongside Song and Fabregas.

Well if you manage the thread you pick the layout:) Free hands yo!

But yea it was something like that I had in mind.

If you feel like you have en expertise in other leagues, feel free to add them aswell.

For the lesser known deals, maybe a feature could be a prediction on a rise/drop if a player goes from the Championship to the PL or the other way around. Or it could be standard.

ex. England Summary 2010.

Marouane Chamakh: Bordeaux ---> Arsenal.

Prediction: Its a pretty much done deal. He wants to join Arsenal, Arsenal want to buy him, and hes a free agent in the summer (woohoo ). This is the type of striker Arsenal need, Physical and good in air. I see him being a starter next season (Same formation, 4-3-3). He would have to take v.Persies spot as the main CF though, with Arshavin and RVP on the wide areas of the front 3. Diaby would be the player sarcrifed (Which is a shame ), and Nasri would play alongside Song and Fabregas.

Next Rating: 91/90.

I hope the others will join the idea turning this into a massive thread;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey im a Liverpool fan and thought id share my views on Liverpool transfers, im not a pro predictor but (yes i know LFC have little funds) here it goes.

Milan Jovanovic

Standard Liege --> Liverpool

Signed pre contract with Liverpool and will join up after world cup (apparently). In my opinion good buy from Benitez who got him on a free transfer. LFC needed someone else to provide back up for Torres due to the 4-2-3-1 formation we usually play. Better than relying on N'Gog :P. He could maybe work with Torres up front. I think he can do well at the club and has a decent scoring record, lets hope he can reproduce that in the EPL. :).

Next rating prediction - 89--> 90 (if Benitez gives him the chance :P)

Tommo93 --> thanks for the contribution!

Sounds like a good piece of business from Benitez, He already signed Shelvey as well..which i hope will get some games. He could rise from 78 to 82-83 if everything turns out well for him

I really hope other forummers will tune in!

Just got this news in 5 minutes ago.

England Summary 2010

Birmingham FC

Nikola Zigic Valencia C.f. >>>>>>> Birmingham City FC

Transfer just completed today, signed for a undisclosed fee although it is said that Birmingham were willing to pay 6mill. (so maybe in the region of 6-8mill)

Quite a okm signing for Birmingham, he is a really big striker about 6ft8 and would cause trouble, didnt have the best of times with valencia due to the fact that he was in the constant shadow to David Villa. He played well for Serbia and is a key forward for them. If he settles well in birmingham he could be a good marksman up front.

Prediction of rating change; Stay at 89, already went up anyway at the turn of the year

England Summary 2010

Sunderland AFC

Cristian Riveros: Cruz Azul ----> Sunderland AFC

Riveros has signed a 3 year contract with Sunderland after joining on a free transfer on the 11 May. The Paraguayan international is heading off to the world cup before joining up with Sunderland.

He's a midfielder who looked very confident on the ball against Rep. of Ireland the other day. He'll probably play on the wing for Sunderland to increase our attacking options and put more crosses in for KJ (if he stays). He had a very good season for Cruz Azul playing pretty much every game, scoring 6 goals.

Rating prediction: 89 ---->90/89 (Depending on how his world cup goes and whether he settles in at Sunderland) ;)

art96754.jpg

Kasper Schmeichel

Notts County --->Free Agent --->Leeds United

Pos: GK.

Rating: 80.

Predicted Rating: 80-->84/85

Hopefully Kasper will hold down a first team place at Leeds. He is a young solid keeper with bags of potential IMO.

He had 20 clean sheets in 43 matches for Notts County last season. If everything goes well for him he could regain his former rating at 84, maybe even take it further.

England Summary 2010

Wigan Athletic FC

Antolin Alcaraz: Club Brugge ----> Wigan Athletic FC

Antolin has signed for Wigan for an undisclosed fee. The Paraguay international agreed terms with Wigan before becoming out of contract with former club Club Brugge. Antolin is set to go to the world cup with Paraguay as a CB.

Wigan desperately need some decent defenders to stop conceding as many goals, like the 8-0 defeat at Chelsea and the 9-1 defeat against Tottenham. Alcaraz is a quality defender who should help Wigan to prevent these types of scorelines.

Rating prediction: 86 ---->87/86 (depending on world cup and if he plays many games for Wigan)

art60338.jpg

Jimmy Briand

Rennes -> Lyon

Pos: Striker.

Rating:88

Predicted Rating:88 > 88/89 (Should be regaining his former 89, if he plays as a starter)

Info:

Lyon have bought Rennes striker Jimmy Briand for around 6million euros.

With Club profile Sidney Govou leaving Lyon this summer, the French big club has already found a replacement.

24-year-old Jimmy Briand has been a solid man at Rennes since he was 19 years and the striker came close to claiming a ticket to South Africa before Raymond Domenech swung the ax and abandoned him previous week.

The contract reads in four years.

FK Austria Wien

Rubin Okotie

8242_790155.jpg

FK Austria Wien >> Free Transfer >> FC Nurnberg

Rubin Okotie Has Only Made 7 Appearances and Scored 6 Goals Last Season due to a cartilage injury which he sustained in Europa League action last autumn.

Rating Prediction 85 > 87 ,

If He Stay's Fit And Get's Regular Football , He Could Easily Become a Great player then get shown interest from bigger clubs..

u1_doumbia.jpg

Seydou Doumbia moves from BSC Young Boys to CSKA Moscow for a fee believed to be in the region of 8m. Doumbia was chased by Spurs and Chelsea, as well as several German teams. He has just become the top scorer in the Swiss league for the second year running and this term managed 30 goals in 32 appearances (29 starts). Last season he managed 20 in 32 (with only 8 of these appearances being from the start). He has also scored 7 in 8 for Ivory Coast U19s and has now scored 2 in 5 for the senior team, earning a WC call up.

3447786819.jpg

Emir Bajrami finally completes a long awaited move away from the Scandinavian leagues with FC Twente the club to move for him. 4m is the fee announced and Bajrami's arrival could act as a precaution for the possible exit of Miroslav Stoch and other attacking assets. He also plays ice hockey and was selected for his national youth team. Either way, it's a sign that Twente are attempting to improve instead of mourning the loss of McClaren and potential loss of their key players.

England Summary 2010

Everton FC

Jermaine Beckford: Free Agent ----> Everton FC

Beckford has signed for Everton on a four-year deal as a free transfer. Beckford played 126 games for Leeds in League 1, scoring 72 goals.

Probably won't have much affect in the Premier League but we'll see when the season begins...

Rating prediction: 80 ----> 82/83

England Summary 2010

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

Jelle Van Damme: RSC Anderlecht ----> Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

Van Damme has signed for Wolves for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal. The Belgian international played 110 games and even scored 17 goals as a defender.

Van Damme should be a stronger player to help bolster the Wolves defence so they can concede less goals. He is a very versatile defender and is also quite attacking. He has previous experience playing in the Premier League for Southampton in 2004/5.

Rating prediction: 87 ----> 87

Riferimento: Re: Summer transfers + ratings

Karim BENZEMA

Real Madrid>>Manchester United

I believe that he would suit united's style of play and would shine through. Also the fact that he is still a youngster makes him a good prospect for united.

Prediction

93>>94/95

Has he signed Manchester United???

Karim BENZEMA

I believe that he would suit united's style of play and would shine through. Also the fact that he is still a youngster makes him a good prospect for united.

Prediction

93>>94/95

What a dickish post to make. Why on earth did you post that horsecrap...thats just plain stooopid!:mad:

Karim BENZEMA

Prediction

93>>94/95

WHAT????? BENZEMA TO MAN UTD???

ALmost made me celebrate, finally a real star striker to partner rooney...BUT NO.

please post real transfer dealings!!

England Summary!

Steven Fletcher

Burnley >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolves

Price; £6.5 mill (approx)

Contract; 4yrs with a option of a 5th year after 1 year.

Good deal for Wolves, Fletcher back in the prem after leaving Burnley, He should get lots of game time with wolves and would possibly be their 1st choice centre forward. Good Player and will be expecting to bag quite a bit of goals.

Rat Pred; Could rise to 88, if wolves stay in the prem then a 89 i on for him but only if he gets his goals tally up and has a good season with wolves.

Not quite confirmed but Jerome Boateng is destined to leave Hamburg and move to Manchester City. Reported fee is £10.46m which I suppose rounds to a nice figure in Euros :P He's currently rated 89 and a move to City could be the step up that will see him break the 90 barrier. I'd assume he would start at RB relegating other 89s Zabaleta and Richards to the bench. With City in Europe and Boateng getting international caps, if he impresses I'd say 91/90 come the end of the season.

Nice thread by the way :)

Not quite confirmed but Jerome Boateng is destined to leave Hamburg and move to Manchester City. Reported fee is £10.46m which I suppose rounds to a nice figure in Euros :P He's currently rated 89 and a move to City could be the step up that will see him break the 90 barrier. I'd assume he would start at RB relegating other 89s Zabaleta and Richards to the bench. With City in Europe and Boateng getting international caps' date=' if he impresses I'd say 91/90 come the end of the season.

Nice thread by the way :)[/quote']

If Boateng does play RB then I'm almost certain that Richards will leave.

Possible:

England Summary 2010

Jelle Van Damme: Manchester City ----> Everton/Tottenham

Richards will probably leave City this window because of the lack of games he's guaranteed. I think he would fit in nice at Everton. Tottenham are reportedly interested also. The team that I would like to see him at is Man Utd (Yes, I'm a fan) because the rest of the defender positions are decided except for RB with Neville,Brown,O'Shea,Rafael all competing. If he leaves this window and gets regular first team football then I think a rise to 90 should be guaranteed.

Rating prediction: 89 ----> 90

If Boateng does play RB then I'm almost certain that Richards will leave.

Possible:

England Summary 2010

Jelle Van Damme: Manchester City ----> Everton/Tottenham

Richards will probably leave City this window because of the lack of games he's guaranteed. I think he would fit in nice at Everton. Tottenham are reportedly interested also. The team that I would like to see him at is Man Utd (Yes' date=' I'm a fan) because the rest of the defender positions are decided except for RB with Neville,Brown,O'Shea,Rafael all competing. If he leaves this window and gets regular first team football then I think a rise to 90 should be guaranteed.

Rating prediction: 89 ----> 90[/quote']

I'm not sure about that. He can play both RB and CB and City have a lot more games next season. He's not a 90 standard RB though until he improves defensively. I reckon he might go to Villa.