World Cup Predict Discussion Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Cup Predict Discussion Thread col's first post said 1 for correct result, 3 for correct score and an additional 2 for ESB. No-one has a FGS correct yet but that's another 1

Re: World Cup Predict Discussion Thread

How far in advance of games do you have to make your predictions? Whilst it may be difficult to say all predictions count as long as they're posted before kick-off you obviously can't predict second round fixtures until after the first round.

How far in advance of games do you have to make your predictions? Whilst it may be difficult to say all predictions count as long as they're posted before kick-off you obviously can't predict second round fixtures until after the first round.

It will work like ACON Predict did ACON' date=' I will post the group games tonight or tomorrow morning, once all group games are over i will post games for the next round.

I think that the winner of the ACON Predict should automatically be given - 50 points for this.. ;)

Agree :P

I live in Nicaragua and i think it will be hard to send a simple shirt to here' date=' or is not problem that?[/quote']

Not sure if that would be a issue, It may cost a bit more to send over to Nicaragua but SM will just make a reserve GC to cover the cost (only kidding Ste :P )

If it is a issue to send the shirt to Nicaragua, Ste will sort a alternative prize out for ya.

All group games have now been posted.

48 games is a lot to do at once so feel free to do a few games a day... but dont forget NO editing of your post once the first game kicks-off (South Africa v Mexico)

If any posts are edited after this point... that person will be disqualified.

Guest Raines

The FGS is a bit flawed isn't it? E.g. I predict Crouch as the FGS for England vs USA, then he doesn't actually play any of the game because it's Rooney and Defoe upfront.

The FGS is a bit flawed isn't it? E.g. I predict Crouch as the FGS for England vs USA' date=' then he doesn't actually play any of the game because it's Rooney and Defoe upfront.[/quote']

Then I suggest you look at the respective regulars for the teams and go by that. It may be flawed but the system would be horrible if you could only give the FGS after teams had been announced and before the match kicks off. Just make sure you check your predictions once the squads are finalised so the players you guessed are certainly playing in SA.

Guest Raines

The FGS system isn't that bad really. I don't think it's a problem with most of my predictions, just England.

• 3 weeks later...

Col has handed the WC predict over to me due to a lack of internet access' date=' so I'm back in charge for the time time being :D

Was just to let you know, if you have any questions then Col will probably not be around to answer them, so fire them my way :)[/quote']

Thanks Tom.

Iv had a lot of pm over the last week and have just got round to answering them today(Sorry).

Most common question is....... what does FSG and ESB mean.

FGS = Firstgoal scorer

ESB = Exact score bonus, means if the correct scoreline is correctly predicted for that game then an extra 2 bonus points will be awarded.

Not long to go now.. Good luck everyone :D

Can't edit my post because people are going to think that i edited the results so' date=' i am out of competition you think?:([/quote']

I'd PM Col or Radebe. I'm sure they'd understand if you're just changing the bonus options. Even if they say no you're still well in it if you get enough of the results right.

I'd PM Col or Radebe. I'm sure they'd understand if you're just changing the bonus options. Even if they say no you're still well in it if you get enough of the results right.

looking through the lists it looks like a few people have made this mistake