Sign in to follow this  
leamingtonsteve

The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

Everyone welcome aboard the official thread for probably the most challenging setup to date. All teams start off on an even keel all being rated 70 or below. With not much money the challenge is to make the best team possible and with one extra twist of not having any players rated 90 or above. Players have to buy wisely and ensure there players never reach the 90 mark otherwise they must sell them. Places are still available for anyone looking for a slightly different challenge of soccermanager.

LEAMINGTON INVITATIONAL

Kicks off 11th Feb 2007

Everyone welcome aboard the official thread for probably the most challenging setup to date. All teams start off on an even keel all being rated 70 or below. With not much money the challenge is to make the best team possible and with one extra twist of not having any players rated 90 or above. Players have to buy wisely and ensure there players never reach the 90 mark otherwise they must sell them. Places are still available for anyone looking for a slightly different challenge of soccermanager.

LEAMINGTON INVITATIONAL

Kicks off 11th Feb 2007

This already looks to be a great setup! Jus took over Tamworth now Steve so thanks for letting me be a part of this setup. It's certainly a great challenge for me and every other manager in the league! I hope to be successful with a budget of 11.9 million :D

Is rather strange though..

since when would Tamworth ever have a transfer kitty of nearly 12 million lol?

I can probably guarantee they have all on getting 200k.

It is a little unrealistic on behalf of SM.

Still.. looking forward to my challenge with the team from the better side of

the river trent :) the mighty notts county.

Good luck to everyone in the setup!

Is rather strange though..

since when would Tamworth ever have a transfer kitty of nearly 12 million lol?

I can probably guarantee they have all on getting 200k.

It is a little unrealistic on behalf of SM.

Still.. looking forward to my challenge with the team from the better side of

the river trent :) the mighty notts county.

Good luck to everyone in the setup!

I have to agree m8. I have 8m with Hibs - thats realistically impossible....

Introductions

DIVISION ONE

Notts County - Razza

Razzas County have a strong squad and are likely to be one of the favourites for this title. A ground that can hold 20,000ish also should help the funds in Countys quest for success. STAR PLAYER: Matt Somner 73.

Queensland Roar - KevChe

Kevs Queensland are likely to also have a good first season. A massive stadium should see the money rolling in, but Kev needs to add to his small squad and will likely bring in many players after matchday1. STAR PLAYER: Massimo Murdocca 73.

Gretna - Anthony O'Neil

Anthony is an unknown quantity too me so its unknown how he may fair in the top flight. Gretna have potential and a good squad and should fill there 6000 capacity ground every game. START MAN: Kenny Deuchar 77.

Aldershot - SonOfPluto

SOP is also a new player to me so unknown how he may fairy. A 66 rated squad may prove a tough challenge and SOP may be looking at a relegation scrap this season. STAR PLAYER: Joel Grant 73.

Peterborough United - Juvefan

Juve has a huge squad totalling 35 players but he must lose a couple before we start to get his rating down to 70. Should fair well this season probably running close for the title. STAR MAN: Micah Hyde 83(although likely to be sold soon)

Torquay United - MightyGull

The MightyGull has also chosen well and his Torquay side should line up well this season. Although the support is low the 6000 seater stadium should be filled every game. STAR MAN: Kevin Hill 73.

Birkirkara - DexterBrazil

One of two Maltese teams in this league, Dexter will be looking to be the top Maltese side ahead of Hibernians. Dexter is a SM pro and should have a good season. STAR MAN: Michael Galea 75.

Central Coast Mariners - Oobee

Oobees side is small and will need adding to very quickly. Having a 20,000ish stadium will help the finances but it may be a struggle staying up this term. STAR MAN: Danny Vukovic 74.

Newcastle United Jets - AdamAVFC

Adams side look likely to be the top Aussie side in the setup. A large squad and a good ground, they also feature a couple of 80 players even though the squad rating is 69. STAR MAN: Ante Covic 84.

Hibernians FC Paola - Bobo

Another SM legend, Bobo has featured along in many the same setup as me and always seems to get the better leading me to believe he should fare well this season. Will be desperate to succeed controlling a side from his homeland. STAR MAN: Cohen Andrew 75.

Crawley Town - RobbieM

Already the bad lad of the setup, my own blood decided to try and get a headstart after not reading the rules properly. With a small squad and the second lowest squad rating in this league, i hope he goes down :D . STAR MAN: David Woozley 73.

Tamworth - Luke06

Lukes side have the lowest squad rating and the smallest ground in this division, so anything more than relegation in my eyes will be a achievement for Luke who has a massive challenge, although the nearly £12million transfer kitty should help. STAR MAN: Gary Birch 68.

Nice start to the official thread steve.

Expected nothing less of the almighty fourm master himself! :D

26mill kev?!?! jees, thats a little bit more than everyone else has im thinking..

hmm so you could go down the youth route and reap the rewards in a couple of seasons time. Plenty of good young players to grab methinks(I don't mean in the literal sense!). Some clubs have massive budgets (forget what mine is now) so 2-3 quality signings and a few youths might be the way some people will go. Great idea for a setup bro, makes me think more than i ever have done with a big club!

Guest Liverpool, Celtic and Bristol Rovers nutter

I have Albion Rovers that have 8.4 million good money for a division 3 side in real life

Telling me! Just checked my budget.... 11million! what's that all about heh. Ah well. I wonder how the first season will go. Personally I agree with Steve's prediction that I (Crawley) will go down as my side has quite a poor rating compared to others. How does everyone else think they will do? Give team name and position etc. :D

Telling me! Just checked my budget.... 11million! what's that all about heh. Ah well. I wonder how the first season will go. Personally I agree with Steve's prediction that I (Crawley) will go down as my side has quite a poor rating compared to others. How does everyone else think they will do? Give team name and position etc. :D

Easy...

Hibernians F.C. - LAST!! lol