The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

Turn: 22 - Thu 11 Oct 2007

d3an0.jpg

Alloa Athletic 1 - 1 Grays Athletic

Alloa do enough to lift the division three title, Grays finish in 10th jumping Rushden on final day.

Arbroath 0 - 5 Birkirkara

Birkirkara return to D2 on first time of asking and end Arbroaths miserable campaign winning the wooden spoon again.

Burton Albion 1 - 2 Cowdenbeath

Cowdenbeath make sure they finish above Albion with crucial away win to finish 6th. Albion stay 7th.

Dagenham and Redbridge 1 - 2 Forest Green Rovers

FGR take third spot with win over a Dagenham side who finished 9th regardless of this result.

East Fife 2 - 0 Rushden and Diamonds

Fife finish there best season to date coming 5th, Rushden struggled all season long and have only Arbroath holding them up.

Perth Glory 1 - 1 Southport

Glory lose out on third spot after failing to see off Southport who end the season 8th.

d3goalscorerslw3.jpg

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread Two on the Trot for Posh! 3 - 2 Posh recorded their second straight win with this 3-2 victory over a determined Grays Athletic. Gerard Piq

Re: The Leamington Invitational OfficCial Thread Crawley Town 2-0 Gretna. Gretna were sent home without anything after a fairly impressive performance from the home side earned them a 3 point l

Turn 2 (Thu 25th Oct) Arbroath 0 - 3 Adelaide United United finish with nine men but still have enough to gain three points on there charge back to D2. Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Perth Glory Glory get f

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

GRAYS END SEASON ON A HIGH

Grays ended the season on a high by drawing with div 3 title winners 1-1, that moves them into 10th spot.. Gazlad praised the players after another guttsy performance, we have been struggling lately but the last 3 to 4 matches we have improved largely, to get a draw with the div winners is no great fate, i thought we could have won it but i will be happy with a point. Now i can sort the squad out now so we can make a challenge next season...

d2qt7.jpg

Morecambe 5 - 1 Adelaide United

Morecambe already promoted finish second and condemn United to D3 after this battering.

Northwich Victoria 2 - 2 Sydney FC

A game of two halves sees the points shared and both sides finsih were they began in 7th and 5th.

Sliema Wanderers 0 - 1 Central Coast Mariners

CCM surprise everyone defeating Sliema and staying up after spending all season at the foot of the table. Sliema finish 4th.

Stafford Rangers 3 - 3 Peterborough United

A 89th minute goal from Rangers Rivaldo saves a point for the home side who finish third whilst condemning Boro to a second successive relegation.

Stirling Albion 1 - 3 Exeter City

Albion and City switch places after Citys win, both sides looking forward to a better season 4.

Tamworth 3 - 0 Raith Rovers

Two Andy Coles goals wins him the golden boot for D2 and hands Tamworth the title. Raith settle for a mid table finish.

d2goalscorersmf7.jpg

d1sf5.jpg

Bristol Rovers 2 - 2 Aldershot

Shot finish 6th after a good end of season run and Rovers survive there maiden season. All goals came in the first half.

Crawley Town 1 - 0 Albion Rovers

A single Antonio Filippini goal sends Rovers back down to D2, having been top at one point fans were a little dissapointed, Town with another solid season finish 3rd.

Gretna 2 - 1 Hibernians FC Paola

A second half Solksjaer goal earns Gretna three much needed points and sees them finish 8th one place below Hibs.

Queensland Roar 1 - 1 Torquay United

Had Albion won then United would of gone down and had County won Roar would not of won the title so this game worked out well for both sides.

Wellington Phoenix 1 - 0 Notts County

Phoenix do the hard work so Roar dont have too, by losing this game County settle for runners up and hand the crown to Roar.

Wrexham 1 - 1 Newcastle United Jets

NUJ draw there 4th game in last six to bow out of D1, Wrexham secure another season by finishing in 5th.

d1goalscorersnv4.jpg

846.gif

New Season...New Man

Southport have announced Mitu Ahmed (Sparky) as their new manager. He was revealed very late on but was pleased to be given such a "Prestigious" job.

The season has just ended today and with Southport drawing and finishing 8th, the board knew there was work to be done.

BBC caught up with the new man, who seemed ecstatic to get underway.

Why have you chosen a club like Southport?

Well, it is very easy to manage a "big" club, you have the best players and the biggest transfer kitty, but the real joy is in managing a team like this. I think Southport will be a challenge for me and want to see how I cope.

Thanks to Steve (The board of directors) for selecting me to take part in the setup

What do you wish to achieve next season?

Every club would want to get promoted, as you say what my wishes are, I would also say to gain promotion. But being realistic, I feel we are one of the weaker clubs so therefore would be content with a mid table finish.

Have you got any new players lined up?

As soon as I took over, I started making bids for 11 new players! I know that I will be facing competition from other clubs but I feel that we will come out on top.

How long will you remain a Southport manager?

As long as it takes me to take the team to first division football.

End Of Season Standings

1 Alloa Athletic (Promotion)

2 Birkirkara (Promotion

3 Forest Green Rovers

4 Perth Glory

5 East Fife

6 Cowdenbeath

7 Burton Albion

8 Southport

9 Dagenham & Redbridge

10 Grays Athletic

11 Rushden & Diamonds

12 Arbroath

All Southport Players Are For Sale!!!:eek:

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS STAY!

561.gif

Fans saute Superman!

Legendary manager Superman took over the club at 5th September. CCM were last in league and had a poor squad full of pitiful players. Taking over such a task was hard, but he put in a lot effort and in less than a month signed no less than 13 players.

Players signed:

• Edison CAVANI

• Teddy SHERINGHAM

• Tomas PEKHART

• Raymond VICTORIA

• Sebastian PRÖDL

• Ondrej MAZUCH

• Dariusz ZURAW

• Sebastian ADRIEN SILVA

• Stephen Sunday SUNNY

• Henk TIMMER

• Freddy ADU

• Panagiotis FYSSAS

• De Souza LUCIANO

Total money spent: 52 million! Gosh!

:eek:

Total players gone out in P/E: 20!

From a squad full of weak and players with little or no potential, Superman changed the team into one full of young and lively players dotted with some old and experienced players. Winning a few matches and not losing that many as before, the team managed to stay in Division 2 despite the bad start for the season. Players are hoping for a rating change (rise) and fans have strong faith that the team can challenge for promotion next season.

fanball_logo.jpg

*NEWSFLASH*

Mawby leaves Crawley Town

Outgoing manager Rob Mawby has left Crawley Town after Wellington Pheonix agreed compensation with the club. Mawby has had a good record with Crawley winning the LI CUP this season and finishing Runners up last season in division 1 and leaves them with just over 15million to spend on new players and an average 1st XI rating of 87. Wellington Pheonix are perenial underacheivers and need the guidance of an experienced manager to make them into a force to be reckoned with. More to follow if Mawby agrees a contract with Wellington....

Todays news headlines:

fanball_logo.jpg

Mawby joins Wellington Pheonix

Rob Mawby joins Wellington pheonix after negotiating a "big money" contract and promises to spend on big names and give fans something to cheer about. In his first move Mawby has released no more than 13 youth prospects from the side in a mass cull claiming "It is time to remove some dead wood and look to the future"

toplogo.gif

King Robbie comes to save the pheonix from the ashes

Rob Mawby is finally confirmed as Wellington boss and promises the good times are ahead.

Wellington Daily news:"So Rob why Wellington?"

Rob Mawby:"Why not? I think this place has great character, great fans and quite possibly a great team with a bit of hard work and I want to be the one to acheive that"

WDN:"Well....Great! Why leave Crawley? was it because you had taken then as far as you could or was it things going on behind the sce..."

RM:"...I must stop you there I have got to say this now and only once, Crawley are fantastic and this move is purely my decision. I wanted to move on for personal reasons and I feel my ambitions have a high potential of being realised with Wellington. I won the cup with Crawley and when we got to the last couple of games last season I spoke to Mr (Victor) Marley the chairman about moving on and we both decided that we should part at the end of the season. I wish Crawley all the success in the world... apart from when they play against us!"

WDN:"We expect, and I quote "big name signings" from you, is there anychance of letting your fans know who they might be?"

RM: "I'm afraid not, but if I get my targets we will be exceptionally strong and I expect to challenge next season."

WDN:"Well at least thats a positive message for our fans, lets hope you can bring some good times to the Wellington massive!"

RM:"The good times are ahead for all of us I hope!"

Lamby sheep for Wellington Daily News.

More Breaking News:

fanball_logo.jpg

Mawby to make Jets fly

Northwich Victoria sensationally allowed there manager Steve Mawby to leave his post today to jet off to Austrailia and take over the Newcastle United Jets who came down from division one last season.

Steve who secured division two football for the Vics last season finishing 7th, was said to have been lured to the land of oz by brother Rob who has just taken over the reigns at Wellington Phoenix.

'I not only want to get the Jets back into division one at the first time of asking, i want to get into the top tier and put my side to the test by taking on the Phoenix'.

'I had three great seasons at Northwich and got them to D2 but i dont see them as a D1 side and thats where i want to be'.

'I took off after Rob confided that he may be going to Phoenix, but had a little car trouble which left me behind but now i'm here i'm hoping to make an immediate impact'.

large.jpg

Season Three ends

Apologies missed the end of season three, so cannot do the wrap up as i would liked to have.

ROLL OF HONOUR

DIVISION ONE CHAMPIONS

Hibernians FC Paola (season one) Notts County (season two) Queensland Roar (season three)

DIVISION TWO CHAMPIONS

Wellington Phoenix (season one) Bristol Rovers (season two) Tamworth (season three)

DIVISION THREE CHAMPIONS

Morecambe (season one) Northwich Victoria(season two) Alloa Athletic (season three)

INVITATIONAL CUP CHAMPIONS

Bristol Rovers (season one) Wellington Phoenix (season two) Crawley Town (season three)

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART AND GOOD LUCK FOR SEASON FOUR

header1.jpg

Chairman's Announcement

I am delighted to announce that manager Colin Barker is to sign a new 3 year contract this hopefully will end all the rumors that he is leaving

Colin is over in holland today taking alook at a few players on hes return tomorrow or Wednesday we will sit down and sign

Stirling Albion.com will interview Colin straight after he puts pen to paper

header1.jpg

Chairman's Announcement

I am delighted to announce that manager Colin Barker is to sign a new 3 year contract this hopefully will end all the rumors that he is leaving

Colin is over in holland today taking alook at a few players on hes return tomorrow or Wednesday we will sit down and sign

Stirling Albion.com will interview Colin straight after he puts pen to paper

Glad to hear it Col' date=' with more great new managers signing up, hoping to get this setup packed and make it one of the most enjoyable.[/size']

Double signing for Exeter

Two signings for Exeter which all but seals their squad for the new season.

Joining from Aston Villa:

_42148640_gabriel_getty.jpg

Gabriel Agbonlahor will form a dynamic partership with Leroy Lita after completing a £10.7million move.

Also, strengthening the midfield is Juan Arenas after completing his move from Colo Colo for £2.2million.

Nobody else is looking like joining City as they are low on cash now, but it isn't ruled out.

First game of the season is against Newcastle United Jets, and Exeter know it is important for a good start if they are to finally acheive promotion 4th time around.

Raith Roves F.C is now managed by the young, yet knowledgeble Gavin Metz instead of the other experienced Managers that the club had in mind. The Owner stated that he made this choice not to save money for the club, but because he trully thought that Gavin Metz has what it takes. He is hoping that with someone like Gavin, who is ready and willing to take on a challenge, that the Rovers will be lead to prosperity again and perhps even be compared to the likes of Bert Herdman, Frank Connor or even Jimy Nicholl.

Gavin Metz has already made offers to some players. He sys that he is in need of a new left back, and is searching for another forward for stability in case of an injury, or if Fatige sets in. The Rovers Fansare already creating a buzz around Kirkcaldy s they are eager to see the team in action again.

scott_mcdonald.jpg

Hopefully Scott McDonald and Dieumerci Mbokani Bezua can create a connection that will lead to goals galore. Perhaps even McNiel, the supposed starting goalkeeper will remember the bricks and mortar as he will try to make a solid foundation and wall in the defense.

_42490873_andrewmcneil203.jpg

Aldershot News

Transfers

Players in so far are:-

BULJUBASICH, José Maria 85 rated goalkeeper

GONZALEZ, Adrián 85 rated Centre Back

BASTRINI, Alessandro 84 rated Centre Back

PELTIER, Lee 77 rated Centre Midfield

One more player is expected to join the club this pre season

Players out:-

Cesar THIER 80 rated goalkeeper

League History

Season League Pos

3 Division 1 6th

2 Division 1 5th

1 Division 1 7th

After a 3rd season of finishing midtable when generally favourites for relegation Aldershots 3 fans are said to be estatic with more decent players willing to join the club and also the deep rooted ideology of the youth team policy run by Shots gaffer SonofPluto. Expected finish this season 5th or 4th with a better run in the cup than being knocked out in the qualifiers.

Shots manager SonofPluto also welcomes all new managers to this setup and hopes everyone has a fun season :D

Queensland Roar update.....:)

After the sucess of last season in winning div 1:),Queensland Roar manager Kev has went on a spending spree to bolster his squad for a defence of the title.

In comes Emile Heskey £6 mill

Martin Laursen £6 mill

Wes Brown £5 mil

Nicolas Frutos £9 mill

With a few pound still available future signings are not ruled out;)

Gretna manager Wolfcatt was a relieved man after his side only secured their first division status with a win on the last day of the season.

Wolfcatt said a disastrous run of results in the second half of the season nearly resulted in relegation for his side and with the retirement of club captain and star player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer there was a cloud of despondency hanging over the club and supporters despite the last day reprieve.

With this in mind and with the backing of the Chairman Wolfcatt has gone out and secured the signings of two young rising stars, Stevan Jovetic & Sherman Cardenas. These two signings have brought the spark back into the club. Wolfcatt was stated as saying their combined ages was still less than the age of veteran striker Dean Windass.:D (It's also rumored that he said their combined weight was less than Dean's as well :eek: )

Wolfcatt has stated that he is in the market for a defender but will probably look to bring in a more experienced player with the funds he still has available.

raith_rovers1.gif

Raith Rovers Manager has already made offers to several players at the forward position. It seems as though he feels a more potent attack is needed. With the small funds available, older more experienced players are thought to be the target. Manager Gavin Metz is on the lookout, and is hoping to find a good but cheap forward to help create a better attack. Any managers looking to be rid of a forward, now is the time to offer them....

crawley.jpg

Tony Baldo named new Crawley Town coach.

Monday evening was when the news was confirmed and

since then the coach has promised that trophies will

eventually come to Crawley. Players have reacted to the

arrival differently but all are now aware of their position at

the club.

5475.jpg386.jpg463198_mediumsquare.jpg

Baldo's attention then turned towards making a few signing.

Versatile Wing Back, Franck Jurietti (89) was first to join for 3.2M,

Maxence Flanchez and Amorin Beto. Italian duo, Vincenzo Montella (89)

and Marco Cassetti (89) then joined for a combined fee of 5.9 M. Craig

Gardner and Jin-chul Choi were both used in exchange.

crawley.jpg

Tony Baldo named new Crawley Town coach.

Monday evening was when the news was confirmed and

since then the coach has promised that trophies will

eventually come to Crawley. Players have reacted to the

arrival differently but all are now aware of their position at

the club.

5475.jpg386.jpg463198_mediumsquare.jpg

Baldo's attention then turned towards making a few signing.

Versatile Wing Back' date=' Franck Jurietti (89) was first to join for 3.2M,

Maxence Flanchez and Amorin Beto. Italian duo, Vincenzo Montella (89)

and Marco Cassetti (89) then joined for a combined fee of 5.9 M. Craig

Gardner and Jin-chul Choi were both used in exchange.[/center']

Won the Leamington Invitational cup last season :D

toplogo.gif

Mawby likes matures

mastheadclublogo.gif

New Wellington gaffer Rob Mawby has wasted no time in putting his mark on the team signing six players who will add experience to the young element of the side. Mawby has signed Marco DI VAIO(89), Aleksei SMERTIN(89), José ARELLANO(88), Teddy RICHERT(89) and Vincent HOGNON(89) to give much needed balance and strength in depth.

Mawby had this to say to the Daily News, "When I took over I saw the squad was very young which don't get me wrong is absolutely fantastic but a few losses during the season and these youngsters will have trouble getting over it, so I decided to ring a few contacts like Lawrie Sanchez at Fulham and check out the availability of some players". "To be able to get players like Di Vaio and Smertin in particular is amazing and all credit needs to go to the board who are making it all possible by having the guts to give me the money to spend on players of this quality... I just hope i don't let them down! Seriously though this gives us the solid foundations of a great team and thats what I aim to make at wellington".

Quality acquisitions and positive messages from the new Wellington manager, lets all hope for a good start to the season. Lamby Sheep for WDN.

masthead.jpg

Guest the plummer

arbroath_fc.jpg

Greig Spence has deceided to test his managerial skills as he has taken over scottish outfit Arbroath, When Offerdthejob he bit Steven Mauby's Hand off has he would love to manage a team he watched as a very young boy, He wants to make seafield park a fortress right next to the north sea and aims to finish mid table after arbroath have been in disaray recently finishing bottom every season.

He has been fast in the transfer market signing alot of players after getting tipped of by an old friend bestpay, One has allready had an increase in rating with more to follow

Spence is looking for loans as his team lack depth to compete.

Well thats its from as i am away to the Arbroath Arcade

:D:D:D:D:D