The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

This unique setup in its 6th season appears to be dying. I appeal to any forumer with space for a spare team to join in and help breathe some new life. The uniquness being that every side must not feature any 90rated players. Please apply if interested or can spare room for a side.

thanks

steve

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread Two on the Trot for Posh! 3 - 2 Posh recorded their second straight win with this 3-2 victory over a determined Grays Athletic. Gerard Piq

Re: The Leamington Invitational OfficCial Thread Crawley Town 2-0 Gretna. Gretna were sent home without anything after a fairly impressive performance from the home side earned them a 3 point l

Turn 2 (Thu 25th Oct) Arbroath 0 - 3 Adelaide United United finish with nine men but still have enough to gain three points on there charge back to D2. Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Perth Glory Glory get f

400x400_1208623228_spt_ai_hereford_v_peterborough_04.jpg

Posh appoint Baldo.

After 2 and a half seasons at Crawley Town, which saw him lift the league trophy in his first season, Tony has fulfilled his promise to his hometown, by signing a deal which will keep him with the club for at least 3 seasons.

In a recent interview Tony did suggest that he lost the hunger he once had at Crawley and knew it was time to leave. "Basically, as a manager I strive to earn the credit I did when lifting the league title in my first year in the setup. After the success, the pressure which was never there before grew and I choked incredibly and lost a lot of belief from the fans. This is probably where I began to lose a lot of my passion for the club. Leaving now though, I am proud of what I did there, I know I've left them with probably the best XI in the setup and joining a team in the bottom division, where I probably have higher expectation than the fans is for me very calming and exciting. Coming home to Peterborough as well, is a dream come true. The passion and drive is there. It'll be difficult to get promoted this season but I expect back-to-back promotions next season!"

22823_news.jpg

(New signing, Emerson expecting to become new captain and make his debut a long with Ibarra and loanees Eagles, Sable and Aliadiere tonight.)

MATCHDAY 15

division one

Victories for Stafford Rangers (Ivan) , Notts County (Raz) , Bristol Rovers (Pthame) , Queensland Roar (Kevche) , Wellington Phoenix (RobbieM) and Tamworth (Kuldeep).

The leagues inform side Queensland Roar made it five wins in six and have a nine point lead at the top followed by Stafford Rangers. Notts Countys win also keeps them chasing in third.

At the bottom managerless Crawley desperately need help whilst Central Coast Mariners drop into the bottom two albeit level on points with Torquay.

MANAGERS NEEDED : CRAWLEY TOWN

division two

Victories for Adelaide United (Teje) , Northwich Victoria (Ricardo) , Sliema Wanderers (Gordon) , Morecambe and Burton Albion.

Dagenham remain division two's inform side despite losing and sit in 4th place. Leading are Birkirkara by four points ahead of Sydney FC. Adelaide make up the top three and were the only side in the top three to win.

At the foot Morecambe and Exeter look a long way of safety trailing Perth Glory by eight points.

MANAGERS NEEDED: BURTON ALBION , GRETNA , PERTH GLORY , MORECAMBE

division three

Three points this matchday for Hibernians FC Paola (bobo) , Cowdenbeath (Stuart) , Peterborough (Tony) , Raith Rovers and Forest Green Rovers.

Peterboroughs win keeps them as division threes team to beat and are 4th in the table. Hibernians go top as Stirling are held. Rushden are third.

Poor Arbroath are as always bottom and without a win all season.

MANAGERS NEEDED: RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS , RAITH ROVERS , FOREST GREEN ROVERS , ALBION ROVERS , GRAYS ATHLETIC , SOUTHPORT , EAST FIFE AND ARBROATH.

This setup badly needs help to fill up. Anyone who can spare room for a team even on a temporary basis will be most welcome.

Can I just say that this IS the best setup i've ever been part of! From my first couple of seasons as Crawley manager where I won the cup to mid table mediocrity with Wellington phoenix I have always found myself enjoying this custom set-up more than the supposedly better gold championships. It's unique, it's a good challenge and it's very satisfying to know that no player can be over 90. So if any forummer fancies a challenge or if any forummer thinks that this game is easy then I suggest you come pick a team on my brother's set-up and prove yourself.

MATCHDAY 16

division one

Queensland Roar (KevChe) Notts County (Razza) Aldershot Town (SOP) and unmanaged Crawley Town bag three points this round. The Roar remain the team to beat and head the league by nine points with six games left. Chasing are Notts County and Stafford Rangers.

Crawleys unexpected win takes them off the bottom and out of the bottom two, dumping Central Coast Mariners to the bottom and Tamworth fall into the drop zone.

MANAGERS NEEDED : CRAWLEY TOWN

division two

Birkirkara (Shells) Sydney FC (Alan) Adelaide United (Teje) Sliema Wanderers (Gordon) and Alloa Athletic (Mccubbing) all win leaving the top three unchanged with Birkirkara and Sydney leading the charge to division one.

Morecambe picked up a point to leapfrog Exeter but both sides still have a way to go to catch Perth Glory if they want to survive.

MANAGERS NEEDED: BURTON ALBION , GRETNA , PERTH GLORY , MORECAMBE

division three

Hibernians FC Paola (bobo) Stirling Albion (Col) Rushden and Daimonds Grays Atheltic and Cowdenbeath (Stuart) all win. The top three remain seperated by three points after all picking up wins.

The season increasingly becomes more frustrating for Arbroath after another defeat. Will they win a game this season.

MANAGERS NEEDED: RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS , RAITH ROVERS , FOREST GREEN ROVERS , ALBION ROVERS , GRAYS ATHLETIC , SOUTHPORT , EAST FIFE AND ARBROATH.

This setup badly needs help to fill up. Anyone who can spare room for a team even on a temporary basis will be most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

838.gif

CRAWLEY HIRE GAZLAD AS MANAGER.

Crawley are in deperate need of help as with two games to go til the end of the season they find themselves bottom of div 1 and with 1 point seperating them from saftey, can new manager gazlad to the impossible and save crawley from the dreadful drop.. Gazlad stated to the crawley press... that looking at the tables and the squad i have to my services mmmm doubt it we can stay up but the players have to perform 100% and hope that the four or five clubs above us fail to win there final two games if we want to play div 1 football next season.

This evening manager gazlad spoke to the squad and told two 90+ players that they are on the transfer market :eek:

2609_1210093078.jpg

striker Marco Borriello was shocked to here that he was on the transfer market...

2191_1209755861.jpg

cb Nicola Legrottaglie was also told he was on the transfer market..

gazlad as already drawn up a small shortlist on players he is after but is refusing to let on whom they are...

566.gif

THE ROAR WIN THEIR THIRD TITLE:)

With two games to go Queensland Roar clinched their 3rd Div 1 title in 6 seasons.Back to back championship sucess for Kev manager of the Roar!!:)

frutos.jpg

Nicolas Frutos was named Queensland Roar player of the season and his 9 goals in 11 games so far this season have gone a long way to clinching this title.

838.gif

HOPE FOR CRAWLEY

There is hope for crawley town to stay in div 1 after there a brave fight from relegation with two games to go they face wellington phoenix at the broadfield stadium a 6838 attendance got behind crawley in abid for there fight to beat the relegation drop, and crawley got the goal and 3 points that might have saved them thanx to italian striker Giampoalo Pazzini who was left clear on goal after some slick passing in the 64th min, which sent the crawley fans wild lso the bench was jumping around, after the final whistle the players fell to there knees as they knew that they are one match away from saving themselves playing div 2 football, leaving the pitch with a standing ovation and chants we r staying up the players clapped the fans back..

Gazlad spoke; to be honest i thought we will be playing in the second tier as i just took over the club and being bottom with two games to go u are asking a lot from the players, but tonite they showed fighting spirit that they don't won't to go down, we are 1 point away from saftey now but i prefer another win on te last day to be sure, but as we play notts county who are in 2nd it is not going to be easy and the players will have to throw everything they have got into the match and at least we are at home and the fans can be our 12th man....

CRAWLEY PLAY 1ST DIV NEXT SEASON

Crawley manager gazlad has been in charge for two matches, sitting in the relegation zone and looking bleak for the club, everybody thought that they would be going down, from somewhere the squad found spirit and attitude and palyed there hearts out for survival and did they just do that by winning there last two matches to finish 8th....

Birks Make It Back

Birks Have Made It Back To The Top Tier, They Held Such An Honor In Season One But Were Relgated & Soon Found Themselfs Playing 3rd Division Football, However The Arrival Of Shels Has Brought Hope & Despair During His Reign In Malta But Currently It's Joy As They Wraped Up A League Campaign With A 1-0 Win At Home To Secure The Title Which Was Pretty Secure Anyway Before Hand.

Well done guys on another excellent campaign. A very well done to Gadga and Shells. More managers are needed and have decided to spice things up a little by adding the playoff feature and also a transfer window between turns 1-5 and 18-22.

Hopefully this will create some interest so we can fill the blank spaces.

I wish i ha the time to do the match reports you all deserve, will try and do a season preview and can someone please stop Kevche's domination in the top flight.

thanks

steve.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee34/JohnBhoy1888/010784336036400.jpg[/img]"]010784336036400.jpg

Friel back at Rushden for second spell (I think) only this time around he has a warchest of 25m to spend on new recruits unlike when he signed up at Nene park in the begining when they were millions in the red.

Rushden were left managerless for the second period of the season last term when Friel resigned but they still managed to gain promotion to division 2 now he looks to pick up where he left off by securing a top half finish.

His work has already begun behind the scenes with a number of transfer targets being lined up and he also wished all clubs and managers the best of luck for the forthcoming season.

CRAWLEY STRENGTHEN SQUAD FOR FORTHCOMING SEASON..

Crawley manager gazlad as been busy in the pre season build up by going on scouting missions to recruit new talent for the forth coming season, knowing that they only managed to escape relegation last season by the skin of there teeth, by winning there last two games under gazlad, the chairman gaved gazlad the go ahead to spend the transfer kitty to go for the title.....

NEW TALENT TO BE BOUGHT IN ;

Matteo BRIGHI FROM CHIEVO

Oldoni LEANDRO AUNélson FROM UNAM

Nélson DIDA FROM MILAN

Bart GOOR FROM ANDERLECHT

Khaleem HYLAND FREE AGENT

Sammy TRAORE FROM PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN

Ariza MAKUKULA FROM GIMNASTIC

Akman AYHAN FROM GALATASARAY

Well done guys on another excellent campaign. A very well done to Gadga and Shells. More managers are needed and have decided to spice things up a little by adding the playoff feature and also a transfer window between turns 1-5 and 18-22.

Hopefully this will create some interest so we can fill the blank spaces.

I wish i ha the time to do the match reports you all deserve' date=' will try and do a season preview and can someone please stop Kevche's domination in the top flight.

thanks

steve.[/size']

if i am aloud id love to join

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the manager History, I apparently managed Dagenham and Redbridge, which I must have completely forgotten. Perhaps it's a mistake? Sad if it's true though because it says I only picked up 14 points in 17 games.

On Topic - My Peterborough team are currently 2nd and looking to climb up the tables and into Div 2 then 1. Anyone looking to prove themselves should definitely join the setup, stop my Posh in Div 3 if you can! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Sydney win the Leamington Invitational Cup in Style.:D

9328330.jpg

To say Crazy Bones took all the celebrations in his casual managment style would be a bit hard stretched to believe' date=';)

[img']http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/abr/lowres/abrn588l.jpg[/img]

Well done. You were lucky to win it though considering my garbage squad beat you in the league and dominated the cup final. I guess there is always next year and hopefully I get some revenge in Col's setup tonight :D

Thats 1 each on H2H Cup Finals next time we meet determines who is the champ! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Rushden's short spell in division 2 was ended tonight despite defeating the champion's as other results didn't go their way . Last year was promotion this year was a cup final and now relagation what come's next for the Diamond's ?

Well next season I am already looking forward to said Jinky but we are feeling a little down on ourselves as we know we shouldn't have been relagated. We performed and beat the best but failed to beat the rest and suffered the consequences but next season we'll bounce straight back up and that's a promise!

Season Highlight

Leamington Invitational Cup Final Runners Up

What A Terrible Journey Of Misfortune!

• 2 weeks later...

Leamington Steps Aside

"Due to not having the time to look after the sides i have on this game, it is my decision to drop out of my setup. I dont know the effect this has on the setup as to whether it carries on without me or closes, this is the reason for this message. I havent been able for a long time to give you guys the service this setup deserved with match reports and i can only apologize. Thank you for taking part in this setup and if it continues good luck."

Anyway This Isa Good Setup, The Only Rule Is NO Buying/Playing Players 90+, I Think We Can All Inforce This Rule Easily Enough When Leamon Decides To Move On, 1 Thing We Must Do Is Get Some of The Unmanaged Clubs New Gaffers, I'm Sure A Few Will be Interested In This Unique Setup.